Archiv: somehow not that bad news


19.11.2025 - 19:06 [ Middle East Eye ]

England and Wales arrest dozens of Palestine Action supporters

Police response to protests against group’s ban remains divided, with Scotland and Northern Ireland making no arrests

24.10.2025 - 23:38 [ TRTWorld.com ]

US appoints Steven Fagin as ‚civilian lead‘ for Gaza ceasefire oversight body

US State Department said on Friday that Steve Fagin, a career diplomat, will work alongside US Army Lieutenant General Patrick Frank, the military head already appointed to the hub set up after the October 10 ceasefire.

Some 200 US troops were sent to the centre, set up in a rented warehouse, where they work with soldiers from Israel and European countries, representatives of the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, and personnel from the United Nations and aid groups.

23.10.2025 - 19:43 [ NewArab.com ]

Israeli minister says Saudis can ‚keep riding camels‘ if normalisation requires Palestinian state

Speaking on Thursday at a conference organised by the Israeli daily Makor Rishon, Smotrich, who heads the far-right Religious Zionism party, said: „Sovereignty [over the occupied West Bank] is the real test. If Saudi Arabia tells us normalisation in exchange for a Palestinian state, then the answer, my friends, is no thank you – keep riding camels on the desert sands, and we will continue to develop economically and socially, and with all the great things we know how to do.“

20.10.2025 - 14:55 [ Middle East Eye ]

Hamas delegation to meet Qatari, Egyptian officials in Cairo

A Hamas delegation is set to meet Qatari and Egyptian officials in Cairo on Monday to discuss the Gaza ceasefire, AFP reported.

The reports said the delegation, headed by Hamas official Khalil al-Hayya, will discuss „the dozens of air strikes that killed dozens in the Gaza Strip“ on Sunday.

18.10.2025 - 18:21 [ theGuardian.com ]

Egypt expected to lead global stabilisation force in Gaza, say diplomats

A European and US-backed UN security council motion to give a planned international stabilisation force robust powers to control security inside Gaza is being prepared, with the strong expectation that Egypt will lead it, diplomats have said.

The US is pressing for the force to have a UN mandate without being a fully fledged UN peacekeeping force and will operate with the kind of powers given to international troops operating in Haiti to combat armed gangs.

Turkey, Indonesia and Azerbaijan are also being billed alongside Egypt as the main troop contributors.

16.10.2025 - 16:10 [ theMediaLine.org ]

Pakistan, Indonesia, and Azerbaijan Weigh Joining Gaza Stabilization Force as Trump Team Works To Form Palestinian Technocratic Government

According to US defense sources, the three nations are “top contenders” to supply troops to the proposed International Stabilization Force, though none has yet formally agreed to participate. A Trump adviser named Indonesia and Azerbaijan, along with Egypt, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, as possible contributors. So far, Indonesia is the only country to publicly offer troops, saying it could deploy 20,000 soldiers under a United Nations (UN)-mandated peacekeeping mission—something not outlined in Trump’s 20-point plan.

The US is also moving to recruit Palestinians for a transitional technocratic government to administer Gaza.

16.10.2025 - 12:34 [ Al Jazeera ]

Left-wing Italian opposition parties support plan to deploy stabilisation force to Gaza

Italian opposition parties, including the centre-left Democratic Party (PD) and the left-wing Five Star Movement (M5S), have supported the government’s plan to deploy troops to Gaza as part of a peacekeeping mission, according to Italian news agency ANSA.

16.10.2025 - 10:47 [ theNationalNews.com ]

US advisers say efforts under way for international force in Gaza

The UN Security Council is expected to work on a resolution in the coming weeks that would set up a mandate for the force.

16.10.2025 - 09:49 [ Reuters ]

Planning under way for international force in Gaza, say US advisers

Among the countries the U.S. is speaking to about contributing to the force are Indonesia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Qatar and Azerbaijan, said the adviser, speaking on condition of anonymity.
(…)
After Hamas killed seven men in Gaza City it accused of collaborating with Israel, the advisers said there were discussions to establish safe zones for civilians to prevent such incidents.

19.09.2025 - 01:36 [ Saudi Gazette ]

GCC defense ministers order urgent measures after Israeli strike on Qatar

The ministers directed an immediate expansion of intelligence-sharing through the Unified Military Command, integration of regional air operation centers, acceleration of the GCC’s joint early-warning system for ballistic missiles, and the update of collective defense plans.

They also approved joint exercises between air and missile defense centers within three months, to be followed by a live regional air drill.

04.09.2025 - 22:08 [ Al Jazeera ]

Hamas calls for UN action as Israel escalates brutal bombardment of Gaza

(September 3, 2025)

Hamas has agreed to ceasefire proposals presented by the mediators, but it has refused to disarm until the Palestinian state is established as part of the so-called two-state solution. Qatar, which has mediated in the conflict, said that Israel has yet to agree to its latest ceasefire proposal, which was accepted by Hamas last month.

27.08.2025 - 19:46 [ KOMO News / Youtube ]

WATCH: Microsoft President speaks after pro-Palestinian protesters breached office

Streamed live 18 hours ago #komo #komonews #komo4
HAPPENING NOW: Microsoft is holding a press conference after pro-Palestinian protesters breached Microsoft executives‘ building at the Redmond campus.

A group of current and former Microsoft employees staged a sit-in at the company’s headquarters Tuesday, occupying Building 34, which houses the office of Microsoft President Brad Smith and other executives.

The protest is part of an ongoing series of actions by employees and activists criticizing the company’s business ties to Israel.

25.06.2025 - 17:17 [ Common Dreams ]

Zohran Mamdani Delivers Stunning Blow to ‚Billionaire-Backed Status Quo‘ in NYC

Disgraced former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who was backed by prominent national Democrats and an unprecedentedly deep-pocketed super PAC funded by billionaires and corporations, conceded defeat after it became clear that Mamdani‘s lead was insurmountable. With 93% of the votes tallied, Mamdani led Cuomo 43.5% to 36.4%.

Mamdani‘s primary win, a stunning upset, is expected to become official after the ranked-choice tally next week. In his victory speech, Mamdani said that his campaign and its supporters „made history.“

„In the words of Nelson Mandela, ‚It always seems impossible until it is done,'“ he added. „My friends, we have done it.“

25.06.2025 - 17:08 [ New Yoirk Times ]

A New Political Star Emerges Out of a Fractured Democratic Party

That Mr. Mamdani had such success while running on a far-left agenda, including positions that once were politically risky in New York — like describing Israel’s actions in Gaza as genocide and calling for new taxes on business — may challenge the boundaries of party orthodoxy and unnerve national Democratic leaders.

26.05.2025 - 16:10 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

Invaders launch record-breaking 335 drones over Ukraine at night, 288 of them shot down

On Monday night, the Russian invaders launched nine X-101 air-launched cruise missiles over Ukraine, as well as 355 Shahed strike UAVs and imitator drones of various types, the Telegram channel of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported.

„As of 11:00, air defenses shot down all nine X-101 cruise missiles, neutralized 288 enemy Shahed UAVs and drones of other types in the east, north, south, west and center of the country. Some 233 were shot down by fire weapons, and 55 were lost/suppressed by electronic warfare,“ the report said.
(…)
There were no reports of casualties or injuries as a result of the hits.

20.05.2025 - 14:58 [ Elysee ]

Déclaration conjointe des dirigeants de la France, du Royaume-Uni et du Canada sur la situation à Gaza et en Cisjordanie.

Israël a subi un attentat atroce le 7 octobre. Nous avons toujours soutenu le droit d‘Israël à défendre les Israéliens contre le terrorisme. Mais cette escalade est totalement disproportionnée.

Nous ne resterons pas les bras croisés pendant que le gouvernement Netanyahou poursuit ces actions scandaleuses. Si Israël ne met pas fin à la nouvelle offensive militaire et ne lève pas ses restrictions sur l‘aide humanitaire, nous prendrons d‘autres mesures concrètes en réponse.

Nous nous opposons à toute tentative d‘expansion des colonies en Cisjordanie. Israël doit mettre fin aux implantations qui sont illégales et compromettent la viabilité d‘un État palestinien ainsi que la sécurité des Israéliens et des Palestiniens.  Nous n‘hésiterons pas à prendre d‘autres mesures, y compris des sanctions ciblées.

(…)

Nous continuerons à travailler avec l‘Autorité palestinienne, les partenaires régionaux, Israël et les États-Unis afin de parvenir à un consensus sur les dispositions à prendre pour l‘avenir de Gaza, en s‘appuyant sur le plan arabe. Nous affirmons le rôle important de la conférence de haut niveau sur la solution à deux États qui se tiendra aux Nations unies en juin pour dégager un consensus international autour de cet objectif. Nous sommes déterminés à reconnaître un État palestinien en tant que contribution à la réalisation d‘une solution à deux États et nous sommes prêts à travailler avec d‘autres à cette fin.

20.05.2025 - 14:48 [ Downing Street No 10 ]

Joint statement from the leaders of the United Kingdom, France and Canada on the situation in Gaza and the West Bank

(May 19, 2025)

Israel suffered a heinous attack on October 7. We have always supported Israel’s right to defend Israelis against terrorism. But this escalation is wholly disproportionate.

We will not stand by while the Netanyahu Government pursues these egregious actions. If Israel does not cease the renewed military offensive and lift its restrictions on humanitarian aid, we will take further concrete actions in response.

We oppose any attempt to expand settlements in the West Bank. Israel must halt settlements which are illegal and undermine the viability of a Palestinian state and the security of both Israelis and Palestinians.  We will not hesitate to take further action, including targeted sanctions.

(…)

We will continue to work with the Palestinian Authority, regional partners, Israel and the United States to finalise consensus on arrangements for Gaza’s future, building on the Arab plan. We affirm the important role of the High-level Two-State Solution Conference at the UN in June in building international consensus around this aim. And we are committed to recognising a Palestinian state as a contribution to achieving a two-state solution and are prepared to work with others to this end.

26.04.2025 - 04:38 [ Middle East Eye ]

Live: Hamas says it will not disarm as long as Israeli occupation persists

– Newly revealed details by Drop Site News show what the current ceasefire plan being pushed by mediators Qatar, Egypt, and the US entails: a non-permanent ceasefire in Gaza that lasts 45 days, a semi-withdrawal of Israeli ground forces, and ultimately, the release of all living and deceased captives from Gaza in exchange for talks toward a permanent end to the war. Hamas would also have to disarm.

– Hamas said it will not entertain any proposals that factor in its disarmament. „The weapons of the resistance are not negotiable, and will remain in our hands as long as the occupation persists,“ the group‘s statement said.

12.03.2025 - 14:13 [ Tass.com ]

Russia’s intel chief, CIA head agree on contact to reduce Russia-US confrontation

(today)

Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) Director Sergey Naryshkin and Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States John Ratcliffe agreed on regular contact to reduce confrontation between Moscow and Washington, the SVR press office reported on Wednesday, following a phone talk between the heads of both intelligence agencies.

03.03.2025 - 20:51 [ APNews.com ]

Trump slams Zelenskyy for saying the end of the Russia war ‘is still very, very far away’

“It is what I was saying, this guy doesn’t want there to be Peace as long as he has America’s backing and, Europe, in the meeting they had with Zelenskyy, stated flatly that they cannot do the job without the U.S. — Probably not a great statement to have been made in terms of a show of strength against Russia,” Trump added in his post. “What are they thinking?”

02.03.2025 - 22:14 [ Washington Post ]

Trump and the end of the geopolitical ‘West’

Trump and Vance may delight in shocking Europe, but their counterparts across the pond are coming to terms with the collapse of a united West. “Trump’s rhetoric melds with [Russian President Vladimir] Putin’s,” wrote Le Monde columnist Alain Frachon. “In less than two weeks, concessions to Moscow have piled up. Even if they had already been in the pipeline since Joe Biden’s administration: No Ukraine in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); no NATO forces to monitor a possible ceasefire; necessary territorial concessions from Kyiv.”

23.02.2025 - 06:42 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

Plenum Votes Down Hadash-Ta’al No-Confidence Motion

(February 19, 2025)

In its sitting on Monday, February 18, the Knesset Plenum voted down a Hadash no-confidence motion submitted by Hadash-Ta’al entitled “The support of the government and the coalition for Trump’s declarations led to foiling the hostage deal and cease-fire agreement,” was supported by 27 Members of Knesset, without opposing votes. The motion did not receive the requisite majority, and consequently, were not accepted.

22.01.2025 - 23:21 [ Arise.tv ]

US Envoy To Join Inspection Team In Gaza To Monitor Ceasefire

The envoy also discussed the broader implications of peacebuilding efforts in the region, particularly the potential expansion of the Abraham Accords. These agreements, initiated during Trump’s first term, have already seen Israel normalise relations with several Arab countries, including the United Arab Emirates.

12.09.2024 - 19:41 [ Times of Israel ]

Netanyahu said to ask AG to probe him and Gallant in bid to avert ICC arrest warrant

Channel 12 news said Netanyahu wanted a probe into the ongoing war and how the military campaign against Hamas has been handled to be opened and then closed, with an update filed to the ICC that the charges had been investigated by Israel and therefore do not require the court’s intervention.

According to the report, Baharav-Miara rejected the request on the grounds that it was a blatant ploy and would not satisfy the ICC.

09.09.2024 - 21:43 [ Nachdenkseiten ]

Wie das russische Establishment das Ende des Krieges wirklich sieht

In einem wichtigen Punkt war man sich einig: Dass es keinerlei Chance auf eine internationale formale und rechtliche Anerkennung der russischen Annexionen ukrainischen Territoriums gibt und dass Russland nicht darauf drängen wird. Es wurde eingräumt, dass dies nicht nur von der Ukraine und dem Westen abgelehnt würde, sondern auch von China, Indien und Südafrika, die die russische Annexion der Krim im Jahr 2014 nicht anerkannt haben.

Es besteht daher die Hoffnung, dass im Rahmen einer Friedensregelung die Frage des Status dieser Gebiete auf endlose zukünftige Verhandlungen verschoben wird (wie die ukrainische Regierung im März 2022 in Bezug auf die Krim vorschlug), bis sie schließlich von allen vergessen wird. Das Beispiel der (nicht anerkannten, aber praktisch unangefochtenen) Türkischen Republik Nordzypern wurde erwähnt. Das bedeutet, dass die Ukraine nicht öffentlich aufgefordert würde, diese Gebiete „aufzugeben“, sondern lediglich anzuerkennen, dass es unmöglich ist, sie mit Gewalt zurückzuerobern.

11.04.2024 - 23:01 [ Tass.com ]

Negotiations on Ukraine make no sense without Russia — Kremlin spokesman

Peskov emphasized that Russia is open to talks on Ukraine, but seeing as how Kiev has banned itself from negotiating, Moscow does not see any prospects for this. „President [Vladimir] Putin has repeatedly emphasized that we remain open to the negotiating process, as we prefer solving problems this way, but in an environment where these negotiations have been banned by Ukraine itself, we don’t see the horizon ahead at this point,“ he added.

On Wednesday, Swiss President Viola Amherd said that Switzerland will hold a conference on the so-called Ukrainian peace formula in the Burgenstock region in June 2024.

18.02.2024 - 11:40 [ State Info. Service / Twitter ]

64 trucks loaded with various humanitarian aid entered the Gaza Strip through Rafah board crossing.

Rafah board crossing also witnessed the entry of 40 wounded Palestinians, 26 companions arrived at the crossing along with 78 foreign nationals and 112 holding Egyptian passports.

14.02.2024 - 13:59 [ New York Times ]

A Palestinian Exile Champions an Arab Vision for Gaza

Mohammed Dahlan, an adviser to the president of the United Arab Emirates, outlined one under which Israel and Hamas would hand power to a new and independent Palestinian leader who could rebuild Gaza under the protection of an Arab peacekeeping force.

While such plans face steep challenges, the leaders of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the Emirates are open to supporting processes that are part of efforts leading to a Palestinian state, said Mr. Dahlan, who also has close ties to Egypt’s president, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.

12.10.2023 - 14:21 [ Times of Israel ]

„Be careful“: Biden says he warned Iran regarding Gaza war, as Blinken heads to Israel

“We haven’t seen anything that tells they have specifically cut checks to support this set of attacks, or that they were involved in the training. And obviously, this required quite a bit of training by these terrorists,” White House National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby told reporters earlier Wednesday, though he added that the US will continue to look at the intelligence “and see if that leads us to a different conclusion.”

25.07.2023 - 13:33 [ ORFat ]

Staatsmedien: Chinas Außenminister aus Amt entfernt

Der seit einem Monat nicht mehr öffentlich aufgetretene chinesische Außenminister Qin Gang ist aus dem Amt entfernt worden. Wie der Staatssender CCTV berichtete, stimmte der Ständige Ausschuss des Volkskongresses bei einer Sitzung heute dafür. Sein Vorgänger Wang Yi soll erneut das Amt übernehmen.

27.04.2023 - 13:15 [ Korean Broadcasting System ]

Yoon und Biden veröffentlichen Washingtoner Erklärung

In der Washingtoner Erklärung wurde die vollständige Denuklearisierung der koreanischen Halbinsel als gemeinsames Ziel genannt und auch die Verpflichtung zur Einhaltung des Atomwaffensperrvertrags bekräftigt.

27.04.2023 - 13:10 [ BBC ]

US and South Korea agree key nuclear weapons deal

Washington has agreed to periodically deploy US nuclear-armed submarines to South Korea and involve Seoul in its nuclear planning operations.

In return, South Korea has agreed to not develop its own nuclear weapons.

27.03.2023 - 03:42 [ almayadeen.net ]

Turkey to uphold Chinese Ukraine initiative if it promotes peace talks

(26 Mar 00:17)

The top Turkish official confirmed that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is planning to discuss the settlement of the Ukraine conflict with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky after similar talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Earlier in the day, Putin and Erdogan held phone talks and discussed, among other things, the settlement of the Ukraine conflict.