Archiv: Souveränität / Unabhängigkeit / Erklärungen / sovereignty / independence / statehood / declarations


18.08.2026 - 18:57 [ Wafa.ps ]

German MP backs call for Germany to formally recognize State of Palestine

BERLIN, August 18, 2026 (WAFA) — Macit Karaahmetoğlu, a deputy member of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the German Parliament and a lawmaker from the Social Democratic Party (SPD), expressed his support for a call by Palestine’s Ambassador to Germany, Laith Arafeh, for Germany to recognize the State of Palestine.

In a press statement, Karaahmetoğlu said that a majority of countries around the world, including several European countries such as France, Spain, and the United Kingdom, have recognized the State of Palestine.

He added that Germany’s recognition of the State of Palestine would serve as an effective lever in support of the two-state solution.

16.08.2026 - 06:12 [ Al Jazeera ]

Araghchi says talks with Oman and reopening of Hormuz are ‘two separate issues’

“Our negotiations with Oman are ongoing. That is a completely separate matter. It is a technical issue concerning the designation of maritime routes in the Strait of Hormuz for the passage of ships.”
“The routes that existed previously are no longer functional, so a new route needs to be defined. For now, we are designing a temporary route, which can then, at a later stage, be turned into a final route.”
“We may reach an outcome soon, but I want to emphasise that these negotiations and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz are two separate issues. This is a technical negotiation concerning the designation of a maritime route.”

11.08.2026 - 20:52 [ Oman Observer ]

Reopening Strait of Hormuz is a humanitarian imperative

It is worth recalling that the conflict did not begin over disputes about the Strait of Hormuz. As recently as February 28, commercial ships transited the waterway without restriction.

(…)

With the US maintaining the naval blockade during the ceasefire period, Iran responded by stopping and, in several cases, attacking vessels attempting to cross the Strait without its approval. Insurance rates spiked, shipping lines rerouted around the Cape of Good Hope, and transit times increased by up to three weeks.

Wars of this nature benefit no party in the long term, and they rarely reach a logical conclusion. Their primary victims are innocent civilians who have no role in the conflict. Many civilians in Iran and Lebanon have lost their lives directly to strikes.

09.08.2026 - 17:39 [ Shafaq.com ]

Iraqi factions to surrender weapons to PMF by Sept. 30

Iraqi political leaders agreed on a mechanism for armed factions to hand over their weapons to the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), which would register and store the arms under state supervision, a source in the leading Shiite Coordination Framework told Shafaq News on Sunday.

Under the agreement, the PMF —a state security organization comprising mostly Shiite armed factions— would take custody of the weapons, document their types and storage locations, and oversee any subsequent movement of arms or personnel under orders from the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

09.08.2026 - 17:24 [ Avapress.com ]

Iraqi Prime Minister Stresses End of US Coalition Mission on September 30

In a phone call with French President Emmanuel Macron, Iraqi Prime Minister Ali Falih al-Zaidi emphasized that regional issues should be resolved through dialogue, while recalling the end date of the US coalition mission in Iraq.

He also announced September 30 as the final deadline for the withdrawal of US coalition forces from Iraq.

07.08.2026 - 20:42 [ Wikipedia ]

Withdrawal of United States troops from Iraq (2025–2026): July 2026: Complete Withdrawal Reaffirmed

During Iraqi Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi‘s visit to Washington, the United States and Iraq reaffirmed that all remaining U.S. military forces would withdraw from Iraq by 30 September 2026, marking the end of the U.S.-led military mission in the country.

04.08.2026 - 19:09 [ NewArab.com ]

US redeploys forces in Erbil ahead of Iraq withdrawal

The reported movements involve personnel and equipment being transferred between Harir Air Base, Erbil International Airport and the US consulate compound, in what sources described as preparations for the withdrawal of remaining US troops under a September 2024 agreement between Washington and Baghdad.

30.07.2026 - 15:11 [ Shafaq News ]

Iraqi Resistance holds remote talks on US-Saudi strikes

Participants discussed possible responses to the attacks, including the option of carrying out military retaliation or refraining from any action.

The sources added that “the factions are facing significant political and government pressure not to escalate militarily,” amid concerns that any retaliation could trigger serious security and political repercussions inside Iraq and further widen the regional conflict.

30.07.2026 - 15:09 [ Wikipedia ]

Withdrawal of United States troops from Iraq (2025–2026): July 2026: Complete Withdrawal Reaffirmed

During Iraqi Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi‘s visit to Washington, the United States and Iraq reaffirmed that all remaining U.S. military forces would withdraw from Iraq by 30 September 2026, marking the end of the U.S.-led military mission in the country.

29.07.2026 - 14:22 [ Shafaq News ]

PM Al-Zaidi calls off Saudi visit

Iraqi Prime Minister Ali Faleh Al-Zaidi on Wednesday canceled his planned visit to Saudi Arabia, a government source told Shafaq News, hours after deadly US-Saudi airstrikes targeted the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) across seven Iraqi provinces.

17.07.2026 - 16:50 [ Oman Observer ]

Musandam Governorate targeted by drones; Oman condemns attacks

Muscat: A security source reported that unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones targeted sites in the Musandam Governorate.

The Sultanate of Oman condemned and denounced this attack and affirmed that it is taking all necessary measures to address these developments and safeguard the country and its residents, according to the official statement.

The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) has reported an incident 9NM east of Oman.

A container ship has sustained damage to the rear of the vessel, which has caused a fire on board, UKMTO said.

17.07.2026 - 13:00 [ IranWire.com ]

IRGC Strikes Targets in Oman, Blasting Key Mediator’s Territory

(today)

The IRGC described the strikes as part of a “retaliatory operation” and claimed that the Strait of Hormuz remains “under the complete control” of its naval forces. The military branch also declared that these operations would continue.

The attack comes despite Oman serving as one of the primary mediators between Tehran and Washington in recent months, and follows previous assertions by Islamic Republic officials emphasising cooperation with Muscat regarding the management of the Strait of Hormuz.

17.07.2026 - 12:55 [ Wikipedia ]

2026 Iranian strikes on Oman

From 28 February 2026, as part of the 2026 Iran war, Iran began launching a series of drone strikes on sites in Oman and the Strait of Hormuz, targeting the Port of Duqm and the Port of Salalah, which are used by the United States. Separate drone strikes targeted ports and industrial zones in Sohar, Bukha, and Mina Al Fahal, along with attacks in the Omani territorial waters of the Strait of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman. The attacks killed 19 people and injured 26 others.

17.07.2026 - 12:37 [ IranInt.com ]

Iran risks its most valuable Arab partner over Hormuz

(July 14, 2026)

Iran‘s attack on facilities supporting US naval operations in Oman has plunged relations with one of Tehran‘s closest regional partners into their deepest crisis in decades, turning a dispute over shipping through the Strait of Hormuz into a direct military confrontation.

Relations deteriorated sharply after Iran‘s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) said they had launched a „heavy and surprise attack“ on logistical support facilities and aircraft carrier refueling infrastructure at the Omani port of Duqm on Sunday.

Oman condemned what it described as „irresponsible acts“ and summoned Iran‘s ambassador in protest, marking a dramatic deterioration in relations between the two countries.

17.07.2026 - 12:31 [ Middle East Monitor ]

Iran criticises Oman over announcement of southern shipping corridor in the Strait of Hormuz

According to Iranian officials, Tehran considers itself responsible for managing maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz under its interpretation of the memorandum of understanding with the United States and maintains that it has the authority to designate approved shipping routes.

Oman’s announcement that vessels could use a southern corridor within Omani territorial waters prompted criticism from Tehran.

According to the report, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) warned that it could take action against vessels using routes outside those designated by Iranian authorities.

12.07.2026 - 19:19 [ Oman Observer ]

Oman summons Iran‘s ambassador, hands over a protest note

Muscat: The Sultanate of Oman has summoned Mousa Farhang, Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the Sultanate of Oman, to hand him a formal note of protest following the targeting of sites in the Governorates of Musandam and Al Wusta by unmanned aerial vehicles.

The note of protest was handed over by Shaikh Khalid bin Hashil al Musalhi, Undersecretary of the Foreign Ministry for Administrative and Financial Affairs, when he received the Iranian Ambassador in Muscat today.

28.05.2026 - 12:55 [ Middle East Eye ]

Iran condemns US attack, expresses solidarity with Oman

(today)

Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei has condemned the US attack on areas near Iran’s Bandar Abbas, and expressed solidarity with Oman after “US officials’ threats” in a statement delivered on Thursday.

This follows US President Donald Trump’s threats to “blow up” Oman if it joins Iran in imposing fees on the Strait of Hormuz.

28.05.2026 - 12:18 [ Time Magazine ]

Trump Threatens to ‘Blow Up’ U.S. Ally Oman Over Strait of Hormuz

“The Strait is going to be open to everybody,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “It’s international waters and Oman will behave just like everybody else or we’ll have to blow them up. They understand that, they’ll be fine.”

Oman, a strategic partner of the U.S. for more than 50 years, has played a key role in efforts to mediate a peace deal between the U.S. and Iran.

23.05.2026 - 08:17 [ Common Dreams ]

Tens of Thousands Rally in Havana Against US Aggression as Cuba Prepares Citizens for War

“This new aggression has united us more and elevated the honor, dignity, and anti-imperialist spirit of a people already recognized around the world for their brave resistance to any form of subordination to the empire,” Díaz-Canel said.

Cuban legislator Mariela Castro, Raúl’s granddaughter, told rallygoers that “we are prepared for combat.”

“No one is going to kidnap him. I can assure you of that,” she said, alluding to the US invasion and abduction of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro on dubious narco-terrorism charges earlier this year. “Neither him nor anyone else.”

19.05.2026 - 00:12 [ Masoud Pezeshkian / X ]

گفت‌وگو به معنای تسلیم نیست. جمهوری اسلامی ایران با عزت، اقتدار و حفظ حقوق ملت وارد گفت‌وگو می‌شود و به هیچ عنوان از حقوق قانونی مردم و کشور عقب‌نشینی نمی‌کند. ما با منطق و با تمام توان، تا پای جان، در خدمت مردم و حافظ منافع و عزت ایران خواهیم بود.

(…)

19.05.2026 - 00:12 [ Al Jazeera ]

‘Dialogue does not mean surrender’: Iran’s president

Masoud Pezeshkian says Tehran “enters into dialogue with dignity, authority, and the preservation of the nation’s rights”.

“And under no circumstances will it retreat from the legal rights of the people and the country,” the Iranian president wrote on X.

“We will serve the people with logic and with all our might, to the end, and safeguard the interests and honour of Iran.”

15.05.2026 - 21:37 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

On Politics, Ideology and Anti-Zionism

Moreover, we have allies in Israel and around the world, who share the same fundamental political goals we strive for – self-determination for the Palestinian people, the end of the occupation, the establishment of an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, and the rejection of all discrimination against Palestinians in Israel. Some of these allies consider themselves Zionist, because they subscribe to a minimalist understanding of Zionism – self-determination for a Jewish collective in Israel. This right was recognized by the international community in the 1947 partition plan of Palestine and was realized by the state of Israel itself.

We do not reject this right, yet as Friedrich Engels said: “A people which oppresses another cannot emancipate itself.” Israel is still preventing the right of self-determination for Palestinians – the right for an independent Palestinian state with real borders and an end to the suffering. We need to work together with those who believe in the rights of both peoples – and some of them are Zionists.

We also know that when a political solution is achieved, it will not be after Jewish Israelis reject Zionism, but when they decide that their collective and individual interests lie on the side of peace. We are materialists – we assert that Zionism, the ideology, will only be overcome after we begin to dismantle its material basis – that of apartheid and colonization.

Therefore, our focus must remain on practical actions against this reality – and not symbolic politics of denunciation. In the German case, this means advocating for concrete actions such as a ban on settlement products import, the suspension of the EU-Israel association agreement, and a complete ban on arms supply to Israel. These actions could challenge Zionism much more than the adoption of the antizionist label.

15.05.2026 - 01:30 [ PressTV.ir ]

Test us again, you will repeat your failures: Iran FM to adversaries

Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has warned the United States and the Israeli regime against attempting fresh military action against Iran, saying past confrontations had failed to achieve their objectives and any future attempt would yield the same outcome.

13.05.2026 - 13:54 [ Fox News ]

China orders firms to ignore US Iran sanctions, daring US to enforce crackdown

(May 7, 2026)

A new directive, issued through China’s Commerce Ministry Sunday, invokes a 2021 „blocking statute“ that prohibits firms from complying with foreign sanctions deemed illegitimate.

13.05.2026 - 13:47 [ TKP.at ]

Vor Trump Besuch in Peking: China blockiert US-Sekundärsanktionen – Firmen sollen weiter Iran-Öl kaufen

In einem der bedeutendsten Schritte gegen die US-Wirtschaftskriegführung hat das chinesische Handelsministerium seine Unternehmen offiziell angewiesen, die US-Sanktionen gegen iranisches Öl nicht anzuerkennen, nicht durchzusetzen und nicht zu befolgen. Es handelt sich um die erste Aktivierung der 2021 erlassenen „Blocking Rules“ (Regeln zur Abwehr ungerechtfertigter extraterritorialer Anwendung ausländischer Gesetze).

14.04.2026 - 20:28 [ mronline.org ]

China and Cuba’s solar revolution: solidarity in practice

As a result, Cuba’s share of solar in total electricity generation has risen from 5.8 per cent a year ago to over 20 per cent today.

(…)

Battery storage–currently in place at only four of Cuba’s 55 solar parks–will need to be expanded significantly to address the evening peak demand. Wind energy will also make a growing contribution, with 19 wind farms totaling 415 MW currently being built, again with Chinese support. But the pace of the solar buildout, measured against where Cuba was just months ago, is already extraordinary.

14.04.2026 - 19:12 [ Government of the United Kingdom ]

Lebanon: Joint Foreign Ministers‘ Statement, 14 April 2026

We condemn in the strongest terms the attacks of Hezbollah against Israel which must cease immediately. We also condemn in the strongest terms the massive Israeli strikes on Lebanon conducted on 8 April which, according to the latest information shared by the Lebanese authorities, resulted in the death of more than 350 persons and wounded more than 1000. Civilians and civilian infrastructure must be protected in accordance with international humanitarian law.

We also condemn in the strongest terms the attacks against UNIFIL and we reiterate that the safety and security of UN peacekeepers must be ensured at all times.

We express our full solidarity and our steadfast support for the Lebanese people and authorities. We stand ready to provide emergency assistance to the more than one million displaced persons in Lebanon, in coordination with the Lebanese government.

We reaffirm the importance of respecting for Lebanon’s territorial integrity and sovereignty and for the full implementation of United Nations Security Council resolution 1701 (2006). We will continue to support the Lebanese state to exercise its full sovereignty over the whole Lebanese territory. In this context, we commend the decision of the Lebanese government to ban Hezbollah’s military activities, as well as its decision to reinforce the full imposition of state authority over Beirut and to have the sole monopoly on weapons, and we encourage full and swift implementation.

14.04.2026 - 18:57 [ Tagesschau.de ]

17 Staaten rufen Israel und Libanon zur Einigung auf

Neben Großbritannien und Frankreich sind die weiteren Unterzeichnerstaaten Australien, Belgien, Dänemark, Finnland, Griechenland, Island, Kroatien, Luxemburg, Malta, Norwegen, Portugal, Schweden, Slowenien, Spanien und Zypern.

In der Erklärung verurteilen die Außenminister auch „in den schärfsten Worten“ die Angriffe der pro-iranischen Miliz Hisbollah auf Israel sowie die „massiven israelischen Luftangriffe auf den Libanon am 8. April, bei denen nach den jüngsten von den libanesischen Behörden veröffentlichten Informationen mehr als 350 Menschen getötet und über 1000 verletzt wurden. In Washington sollen heute Verhandlungen zwischen Israel und dem Libanon beginnen.