Archiv: Verteidigungs- / Kriegsministerien / war ministries / of defense


24.11.2025 - 19:40 [ Times of Israel ]

In clash with Zamir, Katz orders re-evaluation of external probe of IDF’s Oct.7 investigations

Additionally, Katz says that his position, whereby officers who served in the Southern Command on October 7 will not be promoted, “remains unchanged.” This comes after Zamir ruled that there was no issue with the promotion of three senior officers, whose promotions were previously held up or canceled by Katz.

20.11.2025 - 16:52 [ ABC News ]

Dick Cheney funeral: Guests begin to arrive, Trump and Vance not invited

A polarizing and powerful figure, Cheney worked for four decades in Washington. He served in Congress, was secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush and then vice president under President George W. Bush.

He played a leading role in the response to the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, including the war on terror and invasion of Iraq.

17.10.2025 - 13:27 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Kamla, Defence Minister mum on 2 Trinis killed in US strike

As T&T and the wider Caribbean await an official response to reports that two nationals were among six people killed in a United States kinetic strike off Venezuela’s coast, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Defence Minister Wayne Sturge avoided questions from the media on the matter yesterday.

07.10.2025 - 00:30 [ Catholic News Agency ]

Pope Leo XIV says Hegseth’s talk of war is ‘worrying’

(September 30, 2025)

Asked about the secretary’s meeting with the generals and comments about readiness for war, Pope Leo said: “This way of speaking is worrying, because it shows each time an increase in tensions — this vocabulary, even shifting from ‘Minister of Defense’ to ‘Minister of War.’ Let’s hope it is only a way of speaking. Certainly, they have a style of government where they want to show strength, to put pressure, and we hope it works, but that there will not be war. One must always work for peace.”

07.10.2025 - 00:23 [ New Yorker ]

Donald Trump, Pete Hegseth, and the “War from Within”

(October 5, 2025)

Peace abroad and war at home? It’s an unusual note to strike in an electoral democracy.

01.10.2025 - 14:52 [ France24.com ]

Italian navy to stop assisting Gaza flotilla despite fears of Israeli attack

(September 30, 2025)

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni later reiterated her call for flotilla members to immediately stop their mission, warning that a confrontation with Israel could derail diplomatic efforts to secure a ceasefire in Gaza.

„Many would be happy to disrupt a peace plan pushed by US President Donald Trump, Meloni said in a statement. „I fear that the flotilla‘s attempt to breach the Israeli naval blockade could provide a pretext for this.“

25.09.2025 - 16:02 [ Voi.id ]

Italy Sends Second Navy Ship To Guard Gaza Aid Fleet

Defense Minister Crosetto warned activists against insisting on trying to break through an Israeli blockade, urging them to accept Italy‘s proposal to hand over their aid supplies and allow them to be distributed in Gaza by the local Catholic Church.

„We cannot guarantee the safety of our citizens if they enter the territorial waters of other countries,“ explained Defense Minister Crosetto.

24.09.2025 - 20:37 [ South China Morning Post ]

Italy sends navy ship to protect Gaza aid flotilla after drone attack

Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani said he had asked Israel to ensure the safety of “Italian citizens, along with members of parliament and MEPs [Members of the European Parliament]” among the pro-Palestinian activists.

The ministry had already informed Israel that “any operation entrusted to Israeli forces must be conducted in compliance with international law and the principle of absolute caution,” the ministry said in a statement.

“Minister Tajani has asked the Italian Embassy in Tel Aviv to gather information and to reiterate its previous request to the Israeli government to guarantee the absolute protection of the personnel on board,” it added.

24.09.2025 - 20:30 [ Common Dreams ]

Italy Deploys Naval Ship to Aid Sumud Flotilla Following Drone Attack

In a statement issued Wednesday, Italy’s defense minister Guido Crosetto said: “Regarding the attack suffered in recent hours by the Sumud Flotilla vessels, which also include Italian citizens, carried out using drones by currently unidentified perpetrators, we can only express the strongest condemnation. In a democracy, even demonstrations and protests must be protected when they are conducted in compliance with international law and without resorting to violence.”

“To ensure assistance to the Italian citizens on the flotilla,” Crosetto said that he had “authorized the immediate intervention of the Italian Navy’s multi-purpose frigate Fasan,” which he said was “already en route to the area for possible rescue operations.”

22.09.2025 - 11:27 [ Korean Broadcasting System ]

Seoul: Wiedervereinigung durch Absorption wird nicht angestrebt

Südkorea respektiere das System Nordkoreas, strebe keine Wiedervereinigung durch Absorption jeglicher Form an und beabsichtige keine feindseligen Handlungen, sagte der Sprecher des Vereinigungsministeriums, Koo Byoung-sam, am Montag. Anlass ist, dass Nordkoreas Machthaber Kim Jong-un neulich Südkorea vorwarf, eine Wiedervereinigung durch Absorption zu beabsichtigen.

Seoul werde auch Bemühungen um die Friedensetablierung unternehmen, darunter die Unterstützung eines Dialogs zwischen Nordkorea und den USA, fuhr der Sprecher fort.

15.09.2025 - 23:49 [ Nachdenkseiten ]

Zum Völkermord gezwungen?

Der Vernichtungskrieg gegen die Hamas und Gaza sei alternativlos und aus Notwehr erfolgt, behauptet Israels Ministerpräsident Netanjahu. Was aber, wenn sich der Terroranschlag vom 7. Oktober 2023 hätte verhindern lassen? Vieles spricht dafür, dass seine rechtsgerichtete Regierung die Dinge hat geschehen lassen. Müsste die Geschichte dann nicht umgeschrieben werden, fragt sich Ralf Wurzbacher.

30.08.2025 - 15:59 [ Aurora Borealis / Twitter ]

Iron Cross with Star of David .. Video of the Luftwaffe Eurofighter Typhoon „Eagle Star 2.0“

(April 7, 2023)

30.08.2025 - 15:34 [ Bad Bonsai / Youtube ]

German Eurofighter Typhoon jets in the sky of Israel – Blue Flag 21 exercise with german airforce

(October 28, 2021)

With six Eurofighters and around 160 soldiers, the Air Force, under the leadership of the Tactical Air Force Squadron 31 „Boelcke“, takes part in the multinational air force exercise Blue Flag in Israel. be practiced air operations in a multinational group. In addition to the Israeli hosts, the air forces of the USA, India, Great Britain, France, Greece and Italy are also involved. With its open air space and its topography, which is largely below sea level, Israel offers the best training conditions for our pilots.

05.08.2025 - 07:04 [ New York Times ]

Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago

(November 30, 2023)

The document circulated widely among Israeli military and intelligence leaders, but experts determined that an attack of that scale and ambition was beyond Hamas’s capabilities, according to documents and officials. It is unclear whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu or other top political leaders saw the document, as well.

(…)

Last year, shortly after the document was obtained, officials in the Israeli military’s Gaza division, which is responsible for defending the border with Gaza, said that Hamas’s intentions were unclear.

“It is not yet possible to determine whether the plan has been fully accepted and how it will be manifested,” read a military assessment reviewed by The Times.

23.07.2025 - 15:15 [ Aurora Borealis / Twitter ]

Iron Cross with Star of David .. Video of the Luftwaffe Eurofighter Typhoon „Eagle Star 2.0“

(April 7, 2023)

23.07.2025 - 15:04 [ Honestly Concerned / Twitter ]

Blue Flag 2021 – die Luftwaffe übt in Israel – Bundeswehr Eurofighter in der Negev Wüste עובדה | YouTube –

(30.10.2021)

13.07.2025 - 16:19 [ SputnikGlobe.com ]

Israel, Russia Military Hotline ‚Very Useful‘ to Avoid Incidents

(March 14, 2016)

„We do have this kind of coordination to avoid misunderstanding and accidents,“ Yaalon explained in a speech at the Wilson Center. He described the mechanism as „very useful.“

Israel was one of the first countries to establish a military to military communication channel with Russia after Moscow announced its engagement in airstrikes in Syria this past September.

10.07.2025 - 02:10 [ Freitag.de ]

Alle Palästinenser in ein Lager sperren, wie nennt ihr das?

(July 8, 2025)

Es ist der Dienstagmorgen des 8. Juli 2025, Israel hat gerade angekündigt, ein Lager in Rafah zu errichten, in das es sämtliche Bewohner des Gazastreifens „aufnehmen“ will – um sie dann nicht mehr herauszulassen. Zuerst 600.000, dann alle Palästinenser. Das berichtete die israelische Zeitung Haaretz am Montagabend. Und was titeln die Leitmedien in Deutschland am Dienstag?

….

10.07.2025 - 01:34 [ theNational.scot ]

David Lammy calls Israel Gaza concentration camp plan ‚sticking point‘

(July 9, 2025)

The Foreign Secretary said: “The statements that you’ve just described from defence minister [Israel Katz] relate very much to where the IDF are located and you’ll understand that if they’re, if what you describe is true then I think that would be a big sticking point for getting that ceasefire.”

Describing the issue as one of Israel’s “location” in Gaza, he added: “I suspect the statement from defence minister Katz is in relation to that and I suspect if indeed he is insistent of that position then it would be very hard to see how we get that ceasefire because there is an acute discussion about the degree to which the IDF withdraws from Gaza.”

10.07.2025 - 01:17 [ Common Dreams ]

Critics Aghast at Israel‘s Push for Gaza ‚Concentration Camp‘

(July 8, 2025)

„It is all about population transfer to the southern tip of the Gaza Strip in preparation for deportation outside the strip,“ he told The Guardian. „While the government still calls the deportation ‚voluntary,‘ people in Gaza are under so many coercive measures that no departure from the strip can be seen in legal terms as consensual. When you drive someone out of their homeland that would be a war crime, in the context of a war. If it‘s done on a massive scale like he plans, it becomes a crime against humanity.“

10.07.2025 - 01:07 [ NewArab.com ]

Katz proposes ‚concentration camp‘ on Rafah‘s ruins for Gaza‘s Palestinians

(July 8, 2025)
Katz proposed the idea that some 600,000 Palestinians living or displaced to the al-Mawasi area in the southern Gaza Strip would be transported to what he called a „humanitarian city,“ from which they wouldn’t be „allowed to leave“.

Before entry to the camp, Palestinians would be forced to undergo „screenings“ to ensure they are not „Hamas operatives,“ he said, as reported by Haaretz on Monday.

26.06.2025 - 05:10 [ Legal Tribune Online ]

Beistands-Beschluss der Nato von 2001: Bünd­nis­fall ohne Ende

(07.09.2021)

Heute, zwanzig Jahre später, ist der Nato-Bündnisfall immer noch in Kraft. Zumindest wurde er nicht aufgehoben. „Die Ausrufung des Bündnisfalls ist ein Ausdruck der Solidarität“, erklärte das Verteidigungsministerium auf Anfrage. „Eine formale Beendigung erfolgt entsprechend nicht.“

17.06.2025 - 23:50 [ IndianExpress.com ]

‘Remember what happened’: Israel threatens Iran’s Supreme Leader with same fate as Saddam Hussein

Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz on Tuesday issued a stark warning to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, suggesting he could meet the same fate as Iraq’s former dictator Saddam Hussein. “Remember what happened to the dictator in the neighbouring country of Iran who took this path against Israel,” Katz said, according to Reuters.

16.06.2025 - 17:25 [ JNS.org ]

Katz: Iranian propaganda ‘to disappear’ as IDF orders evacuation of Tehran district

Defense Minister Israel Katz said, in a subsequent statement, “The Iranian propaganda and incitement mouthpiece is on its way to disappear. The evacuation of local residents is beginning.”

The area indicated on the IDF map included the headquarters of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting propaganda channel.

16.06.2025 - 17:14 [ Tehran Times ]

If Israel doesn‘t target civilians, who are these victims, Katz?

Katz‘s initial comments, made after Iran‘s eighth strike on the occupied territories since the war‘s outbreak, declared that the „residents of Tehran“ would „pay the price“ for the successful offensive. The Hebrew statement, seemingly aimed at Israelis who had been spending hours in bomb shelters, soon circulated on Persian social media. This further undermined Israel‘s hopes of inciting coordinated unrest among Iranians, forcing Katz to take to X again, this time to „clarify“ his position in English.

„I wish to clarify the obvious: there is no intention to physically harm the residents of Tehran,“ he wrote.

04.06.2025 - 18:24 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli arms exports reach record high, as sales to Arab states rise sharply

Sales to Arab countries which signed normalisation deals with Israel, dubbed the Abraham Accords, rose from 3 percent in 2023 to 12 percent last year. The UAE, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan normalised relations with Israel in 2020.

Elsewhere, Europe made up 54 percent of exports, Asia and the Pacific region was 23 percent, North America imported 9 percent, Latin America was at 1 percent, while Africa made up 1 percent.

04.06.2025 - 18:21 [ Israel National News ]

Israel sets new record in defense exports with over $14.7 billion

Significant tiers of defense exports: Missile, rocket, and air defense systems (48%), vehicles and APCs (9%), satellites and space systems (8%), radar and EW (8%), manned aircraft and avionics (8%), observation and optronics (6%), intelligence, information and cyber systems (4%), ammunition and armaments (3%), weapon stations and launchers (2%), C4I and communication systems (2%), drones and UAVs (1%), and maritime systems and platforms (1%).

Defense export data by geographic distribution: Europe (54%), Asia and the Pacific Region (23%), Abraham Accords countries (12%), North America (9%), Latin America (1%), and Africa (1%).

15.05.2025 - 17:21 [ Wikipedia ]

Peace negotiations in the Russian invasion of Ukraine

The first meeting between Russian and Ukrainian officials took place four days after the invasion began, on 28 February 2022, in Belarus, and concluded without result. Later rounds of talks took place in March 2022 on the Belarus–Ukraine border and in Antalya, Turkey. Negotiations in Turkey created an agreement in which Ukraine would abandon plans to join NATO and have limits placed on its military, while having security guarantees from Western countries, and not being required to recognize Russia‘s annexation of Crimea. The draft treaty was almost agreed to, but disagreements over security guarantees and the Bucha massacre ultimately halted negotiations.

15.05.2025 - 17:02 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

Zelenskyy sends delegation to Istanbul headed by defense minister to meet with Russian reps

„I have decided to send our delegation to Istanbul now, but not everyone … The delegation will be headed by the Minister of Defense,“ Zelenskyy said at a press conference in Ankara on Thursday.

02.05.2025 - 11:30 [ Cyprus Mail ]

Aid vessel bound for Gaza attacked near Malta, Cyprus-based ship received SOS

Initial reports said Cyprus received an SOS distress signal and sent a ship to help extinguish a fire which had resulted on board.

The defence ministry in Cyprus clarified that the ship was aided by a Limassol-based vessel, sailing under a Liberian flag, which happened to be in the area and responded to the SOS as per international maritime requirements.

30.04.2025 - 15:37 [ New York Times ]

Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago

(November 30, 2023)

The document circulated widely among Israeli military and intelligence leaders, but experts determined that an attack of that scale and ambition was beyond Hamas’s capabilities, according to documents and officials. It is unclear whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu or other top political leaders saw the document, as well.

(…)

Last year, shortly after the document was obtained, officials in the Israeli military’s Gaza division, which is responsible for defending the border with Gaza, said that Hamas’s intentions were unclear.

“It is not yet possible to determine whether the plan has been fully accepted and how it will be manifested,” read a military assessment reviewed by The Times.

27.02.2025 - 20:34 [ Times of Israel ]

IDF’s Oct. 7 probes show it misread Hamas for years, left southern Israel utterly vulnerable

The investigation into the decision-making process made by top officials on the eve of the attack found that the IDF identified five signs of unusual Hamas activity the night before the terror group’s October 7 onslaught, but believed they did not indicate an imminent attack.
Advertisement

This investigation also found that the IDF’s conduct, decision-making, and intelligence assessments on the night between October 6 and 7 were based on the result of years of false assessments about Hamas.

As a result, intelligence officials on all levels failed to provide a warning for what would come.

25.02.2025 - 22:25 [ Times of Israel ]

Leaked IDF probe: Only one soldier was guarding Nahal Oz outpost on Oct. 7, Hamas had studied base layout for years

Hamas had studied Nahal Oz from afar for years prior to launching the deadly assault and was intimately familiar with the layout of the base, including “where every room was,” the report says. It adds that the terror group knew that the base would be operating at a reduced capacity due to the Jewish holiday of Simhat Torah, which fell on a Saturday that year.
(…)
The probe also reportedly addresses the impact that the incessant rocket fire had on the devastation inside the military outpost, as terrorists were able to easily kill large groups of soldiers who had gathered in bomb shelters.