Archiv: booting Trump


26.11.2025 - 21:20 [ Independent.co.uk ]

Starmer and Trump discussed Palestine Action twice on calls before group’s terror ban, court hears

Activists from the group painted “Gaza is not for sale” and dug up parts of the green at Mr Trump’s golf course in Scotland in March 2025, with the president writing on social media that the prime minister had assured him that “they caught the terrorists” involved.

The group was proscribed as a terror organisation in an unusual move four months later, after activists broke into RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire and sprayed two military planes with red paint.

02.11.2025 - 16:33 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli strike kills one in Gaza as Netanyahu vows to ‚eliminate‘ Hamas

At least 236 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli strikes since the ceasefire took effect, according to the Palestinian health ministry.

Three Israeli soldiers have been killed by Palestinian fighters in the same period, according to the Israeli military.

30.10.2025 - 21:46 [ MSF International / X ]

On 29 October, our teams across the Gaza Strip treated severely wounded patients from attacks by Israeli forces, which caused alarming civilian casualties.

We have seen injured patients in Al-Aqsa, Nasser, and Al-Shifa hospitals.

Dr Morten Rostrup, a doctor at Al-Aqsa hospital, said: “When I got to the emergency room, it was a desperate situation. There is no doubt this is an attack on civilians, with so many children being injured and killed. Do we really call this a ceasefire?”

In Nasser hospital, our, and the Ministry of Health’s, teams received 22 dead and 60 injured, including children. Al-Aqsa hospital treated 77 injured, some of whom were referred to our field hospital. Lastly, at Al-Shifa, Ministry of Health teams received 27 dead and 56 injured.

Since the ceasefire began, Israeli forces have killed 211 people, according to the Ministry of Health. In the past 24 hours alone, they report that Israeli strikes across the Gaza Strip have killed at least 104 people — including 46 children and 20 women — and injured 253 others, among them 78 children.

We have repeatedly called for a sustained ceasefire to stop the overwhelming level of death and catastrophic injuries suffered by civilians. So far, we are witnessing the consequences of repeated violations of this ceasefire, which perpetuate the ongoing genocide in Gaza.

30.10.2025 - 13:37 [ theIntercept.com ]

Netanyahu Is Blowing Up the Gaza Ceasefire — and Trump Is the One Losing Face

(October 28, 2025)

According to The Associated Press, Israel notified the Trump administration before conducting Tuesday’s strikes — presenting the question of whether the U.S. would hold Netanyahu accountable for the latest round of ceasefire violations.

30.10.2025 - 13:21 [ Middle East Eye ]

Live: Israel ‚resumes‘ ceasefire, then bombs Khan Younis

More than 110 Palestinians have been killed in 24 hours

30.10.2025 - 13:18 [ Al Jazeera ]

Israel kills over 100 Palestinians in Gaza as Trump insists truce holds

“As I understand it, they took out an Israeli soldier,” Trump told reporters on board Air Force One as he travelled from Japan to South Korea, saying he heard the soldier was apparently killed by sniper fire. “So the Israelis hit back and they should hit back. When that happens, they should hit back,” he added, calling Israel’s attacks “retribution” for the soldier’s death.

Hamas has denied responsibility for the alleged attack on Israeli forces in Rafah, southern Gaza, and said in a statement that it remained committed to the ceasefire deal.

28.10.2025 - 20:23 [ LatinAmericaReports.com ]

Tensions build in the Caribbean amid Trump’s mounting military threat

A strike on Colombia would mark a serious shift in Washington’s historic alliance with the country but Trump has not ruled it out as his spat with Colombian President Gustavo Petro escalates. On Friday, the White House added Petro and members of his inner circle to the so-called Clinton List, imposing harsh financial sanctions for their alleged involvement in drug trafficking.

Trump has offered no evidence for his claims that Petro is “an illegal drug dealer”, but takes issue with the proliferation of coca cultivation and cocaine production under the current administration. The Colombian president has also been a vocal critic of Trump, accusing him of “murder” in his campaign against boats in the Caribbean.

28.10.2025 - 19:43 [ Colombia Reports ]

“Don’t try” attacking Colombia, Petro warns US

(October 27, 2025)

President Gustavo Petro warned the United States not to attack Colombia in response to a threat by the conservative US Senator Lindsay Graham.

In a post on social media platform X, Petro said that “the Colombian people, every time they are attacked anywhere, en masse head to the mountains and arm themselves” to become “invisible like the jaguar with passionate stealth.”

“Don’t try it, that’s the only advise I give,” said the president, “because I know the history of my people and I am… the legitimate son of my people.”

28.10.2025 - 19:35 [ theHill.com ]

Graham says lawmakers to be briefed on potential Venezuela land attack

(October 26, 2025)

“There will be a congressional briefing about a potential expanding from the sea to the land. I support that idea, but I think [Trump] has all the authority he needs,” Graham added.

Starting in early September, the president authorized a series of strikes in the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean, killing at least 43 people.

28.10.2025 - 19:29 [ CBS News ]

Sen. Lindsey Graham says land strikes in Venezuela are a „real possibility“ amid rising tensions

(October 26, 2025)

„I think President Trump‘s made a decision that [Nicolas] Maduro, the leader of Venezuela, is an indicted drug, drug trafficker, that it‘s time for him to go, that Venezuela and Colombia have been safe havens for narco-terrorists for too long, and President Trump told me yesterday that he plans to brief members of Congress when he gets back from Asia about future potential military operations against Venezuela and Colombia,“ Graham said Sunday on „Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan.“

18.10.2025 - 13:58 [ NPR.org ]

No Kings protests: What to expect at Saturday‘s marches around the country

No Kings organizers estimated that more than 5 million people turned out for the June protests. They speculate that Saturday‘s event could be even bigger.

16.10.2025 - 14:52 [ Seymour Hersh / Substack ]

WHY ARE US TROOPS OCCUPYING AMERICAN CITIES?

The Trump administration is playing another long game, or trying to, in the streets of US cities under Democratic Party governance, using existing presidential emergency powers to send National Guard, Army troops and ICE agents to hunt down and arrest suspected undocumented immigrants and detain and deport them, without the due process demanded by the Constitution. What’s happening now may be a trial run for the use of those forces to interfere on the behalf of the president and the Republican Party in states where the Democratic Party has a chance to win crucial seats in next fall’s Congressional elections. I’ve been told by someone with inside knowledge that planning for such action is now under way in the White House.

16.10.2025 - 14:49 [ Seymour Hersh / TKP.at ]

Warum das US-Militär demokratische Städte übernimmt

Trump behauptet, er habe die rechtliche Befugnis, bei Feststellung eines Notstands Kriminalität in allen Staaten zu bekämpfen, einschließlich derer unter demokratischer Kontrolle. Mir wurde jedoch berichtet, dass das politische Team im Weißen Haus eine parallele, tiefere Motivation verfolgt: einen Präzedenzfall für bundesweite Notstandseingriffe zu schaffen – per präsidentieller Anordnung –, um vor den Kongresswahlen im nächsten Herbst mit Truppen intervenieren zu können.

Einige im Weißen Haus – nicht unbedingt der Präsident selbst – wissen, dass diese angerufenen Notstände „falsche Notstände“ sind. Aber wie ein Insider es formulierte: Wenn man es „wiederholt tut“, können solche Maßnahmen zukünftigen politischen Einfluss entfalten. Nennen Sie es eine neue politische Normalität.

07.10.2025 - 01:31 [ Middle East Eye ]

US and UK ‚immensely let down‘ families of detained Gaza flotilla activists

The families of British and American Global Sumud Flotilla activists illegally detained by Israel have told Middle East Eye that the US and UK governments have failed to properly represent their citizens.

Clare Azzougarh, the daughter of Malcolm Ducker, a 72-year-old British air force veteran who captained a boat on the flotilla and is being held in Ketziot prison, said her family feels “immensely let down by the British government in so many ways”.

Laura Adler, the sister of David Adler, a Jewish-American member of the flotilla and co-general coordinator of the Progressive International, told MEE the response of the US government had made her realise that “not everyone is deemed to be equally American”.

“I didn’t realise how non-responsive and passive the US government would be,” Laura Adler said.

06.10.2025 - 23:51 [ StatesmanJournal.com ]

Judge halts National Guard deployment to Portland from any state to perform federal duties

“The court recognized what we’ve said all along: there is no rebellion, no invasion, and no justification for militarizing our communities,“ Rayfield said in response to the ruling. „The President cannot keep playing whack-a-mole with different states’ Guard units to get around court orders and the rule of law.”

03.10.2025 - 19:00 [ Washington Post ]

U.S. in ‘armed conflict’ with drug cartels, Trump tells Congress

“The United States has now reached a critical point where we must use force in self-defense and defense of others against the ongoing attacks by these designated terrorist organizations,” the notice reads.

02.10.2025 - 22:24 [ JordanNews.jo ]

Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 66,225

Medical sources reported today, Wednesday, that the death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 66,225, the majority being children and women, since the start of the Israeli occupation aggression on October 7, 2023.

02.10.2025 - 21:41 [ Middle East Eye ]

At least 53 Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza since dawn

At least 53 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli bombardment and gunfire across the Gaza Strip since dawn, according to medical sources cited by Wafa news agency.

Hospital sources reported that five bodies were brought to Al-Shifa Hospital, five to Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital, one to Al-Awda Hospital, 13 to Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital, and 29 to Nasser Hospital.

02.10.2025 - 14:42 [ Al Jazeera ]

Israel threatens all staying in Gaza City, kills at least 34 in enclave

Israeli Defence Minister Katz says anyone who stays in Gaza City will be considered ‘terrorists and terror supporters’.

02.10.2025 - 14:39 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel orders all remaining Palestinians to leave Gaza City

The Israeli government has issued an order for all Palestinians still in Gaza City to leave immediately.

Defence Minister Israel Katz warned it was their “last opportunity” to evacuate, adding that anyone who remained would be treated as a militant supporter and face the “full force” of Israel’s latest assault.

01.10.2025 - 13:06 [ Al Jazeera ]

Israeli attacks kill at least 45 in Gaza as ceasefire plan hangs in balance

The continuous bombardment of Gaza City has razed the territory’s largest urban centre, killing dozens of people daily, destroying numerous residential buildings and schools, and forcing tens of thousands of Palestinians to flee to an unknown fate to the south, often targeted on the way.

Meanwhile, 11 unidentified bodies were buried in a mass grave inside al-Shifa Hospital courtyard, west of Gaza City. The medical complex, the largest in the besieged enclave, has been under constant Israeli fire in recent days.

28.09.2025 - 23:32 [ Al Jazeera English / Youtube ]

Israeli strikes killed at least 40 Palestinians in Gaza; infant dies of malnutrition

Israeli strikes have killed at least 40 Palestinians across the strip since early on Sunday.
Attacks focused on the north and central parts of Gaza as the air and ground offensives intensify.

28.09.2025 - 23:28 [ @InContextMedia / Youtube ]

Gaza City Bombarded: Airstrikes Leave Trail of Destruction

(video)

28.09.2025 - 21:08 [ NPR.org ]

Palestinian death toll tops 66,000 as Netanyahu prepares to meet Trump

In Monday‘s White House meeting, Trump is expected to share a new proposal for ending the war.

28.09.2025 - 00:32 [ Ramzy Baroud ]

The Gaza Precedent: How the World’s Response Will Shape Global Justice

Though Netanyahu continues to act with the same old arrogant attitude that he, his government, and country are above the law, including international law, it is incumbent on all of us to remind him and other war criminals that no individual, no entity, and no government is immune to accountability when it comes to the blood of the innocent.

This struggle is not solely for the sake of Gaza; it is for the very soul of humanity. Should Netanyahu’s actions succeed in normalizing genocide in the 21st century, this horrific crime could become a sanctioned political strategy for tyrants and regimes worldwide. The world cannot afford to let this happen. The future of global justice hangs in the balance.

27.09.2025 - 22:26 [ Wafa.ps ]

Gaza death toll reaches 65,926 since start of Israeli aggression in October 2023 – Medical sources

GAZA, September 27, 2025 (WAFA) – The death toll in the Gaza Strip has reached 65,926, the majority of whom were women and children, since the beginning of the Israeli aggression in October 2023. At least 167,783 others have also been injured.

This toll remains incomplete, as many victims remain trapped under rubble, inaccessible to ambulance and rescue crews.

27.09.2025 - 22:21 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel kills one more Palestinian journalist in Gaza

Israel killed another journalist, Mohammed al-Dayah, in Gaza on Saturday, raising the death toll of journalists since the start of the conflict to 252, the Gaza Government Media Office said.

The office condemned Israel’s “systematic targeting and killing of Palestinian journalists” and urged international press bodies and journalist unions to speak out against the attacks.

The Palestinian Information Centre paid tribute to al-Dayah, describing him as “one of the centre’s distinguished journalists.”

27.09.2025 - 21:51 [ OPB.org ]

‘The number of necessary troops is zero’: Portland mayor responds to Trump announcement

Portland Mayor Keith Wilson responded by saying “the number of necessary troops is zero, in Portland and any other American city.”

“Our nation has a long memory for acts of oppression, and the president will not find lawlessness or violence here unless he plans to perpetrate it,” Wilson said. “Imagine if the federal government sent hundreds of engineers, or teachers, or outreach workers to Portland, instead of a short, expensive, and fruitless show of force.”

27.09.2025 - 21:11 [ NPR.org ]

Trump says he‘ll send troops to Portland, Ore., to handle ‚domestic terrorists‘

He made the announcement on social media, writing that he was directing the Department of Defense to „provide all necessary Troops to protect War ravaged Portland.“ Trump said the decision was necessary to protect U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities, which he described as „under siege from attack by Antifa, and other domestic terrorists.“

27.09.2025 - 21:07 [ NewsfromtheStates.com ]

Trump to deploy troops to Portland, Oregon, vows ‘Full Force’

(today)

In a brief post to his social media platform, Trump said he would have Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth order troops deployed to Oregon’s largest city.

Trump did not specify what legal justification he had to do so, what military branch would be used or other key details. The troops would be used to defend U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities from “domestic terrorists,” he said.

27.09.2025 - 21:02 [ Washington Post ]

Pentagon plan envisions 1,000 troops for Louisiana policing mission

(September 13, 2025)

Documents reviewed by The Washington Post illustrate the Trump administration’s evolving strategy for sending the military into cities with Democratic majorities

27.09.2025 - 16:27 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli forces kill 74 Palestinians, wound 265 over the last 24 hours: Health Ministry

The Palestinian health ministry confirmed that Israeli forces have killed at least 74 Palestinians and wounded 265 others across the Gaza Strip over the last 24 hours.

The ministry noted that Israeli troops killed 17 people and wounded 89 others attempting to reach humanitarian aid.

26.09.2025 - 18:50 [ Al Jazeera ]

Gaza Ministry of Health updates official death toll from Israel’s war to 65,549

That is since the war began on October 7, 2023. The ministry added that 167,518 people had been injured.