Archiv: wirklich schlechte Nachrichten / really bad news


28.11.2025 - 01:32 [ CNN ]

US official says shooting suspect was vetted by intel agencies and “clean on all checks”

At the time, the CIA would have done its own vetting of him through a variety of databases, including the National Counterterrorism Center database, to see if he had any known ties to terrorist groups. The CIA did its own vetting before he started working with them and kept the identities of those they worked with secret, the official said.

NCTC would have vetted him again during Operation Allies Welcome in 2021 for any ties to terrorism before he was allowed into the US. He was clean then as well and did not show any ties to terror organizations, per the senior US official.

28.11.2025 - 01:29 [ Associated Press ]

Afghan national charged in Guard ambush shooting drove across US to carry out attack, officials say

Jeanine Pirro, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, declined to provide a motive for Wednesday afternoon’s brazen act of violence which occurred just blocks from the White House. The presence of troops in the nation’s capital and other cities around the country has become a political flashpoint.

28.11.2025 - 01:20 [ NPR.org ]

National Guard shooting suspect served in CIA counterterrorism unit, group says

Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the Afghan man who allegedly shot two National Guard members in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, previously served in one of Afghanistan‘s elite counterterrorism units, according to AfghanEvac, a nonprofit run by U.S. veterans and others who served in Afghanistan.

The unit was operated by the CIA with direct U.S. intelligence and military support, according to AfghanEvac.

28.11.2025 - 01:15 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Attentat auf Nationalgarde: Wie Trump den Angriff instrumentalisiert

Washingtons Bürgermeisterin und auch die örtliche Polizei haben sich immer wieder gegen den Einsatz der Nationalgarde in ihrer Stadt ausgesprochen. Der Bundesdistrikt Washington D.C. hatte sogar eine Klage gegen die Trump-Regierung eingereicht – und recht bekommen. Eine Bundesrichterin entschied vor etwa einer Woche, dass der immer wieder verlängerte Einsatz der Nationalgarde in der Stadt illegal sei.

Von dieser Entscheidung zeigt sich der US-Präsident aber unbeeindruckt. Nach den Schüssen auf die beiden Nationalgardisten fühlt er sich im Recht. Seinen Pentagon-Chef hat er jetzt sogar angewiesen, noch weitere 500 Nationalgardisten in die Hauptstadt zu schicken.

13.11.2025 - 20:56 [ United Nations ]

‘A wave of truth’: COP30 targets disinformation threat to climate action

Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva set the tone at the opening session, declaring that the battle for truth has become just as critical as the fight to cut emissions. COP30 must mark “a new defeat for climate denialists,” he said.

On Wednesday, 12 nations – including Brazil, Canada, France, Germany and Spain – signed onto the first-ever Declaration on Information Integrity on Climate Change, pledging to fight back against the flood of false content and protect those on the frontlines of truth: environmental journalists, scientists and researchers.

The declaration, unveiled under the Global Initiative for Information Integrity on Climate Change, calls for concrete steps to dismantle networks of climate lies and shield evidence-based voices from harassment and attacks.

02.11.2025 - 23:12 [ Newsweek ]

Aid Groups Warn Thousands at Risk in Darfur After RSF Takeover

(November 2, 2025)

Days after Sudan’s Rapid Support Forces (RSF) seized el-Fasher, the capital of North Darfur, in a violent assault that included the killing of more than 400 people at a hospital, aid groups warn that tens of thousands of civilians are at risk amid continuing violence, including some that may be trapped in el-Fasher and others harmed while fleeing.

02.11.2025 - 23:03 [ ABC News ]

Fears grow for thousands trapped in Sudan‘s el-Fasher

(Novemebr 2, 2025)

A total of 70,894 people have been displaced since the RSF took control, it said.

However, less than 6,000 have made it to the nearest camp in Tawila, 65 kilometers (40 miles) away, said Shashwat Saraf, Sudan director for the Norwegian Refugee Council, which runs the camp.

Almost 1,000 people arrived in the last three days, he said.

“The numbers are still very few. We are not seeing the hundreds of thousands that we were expecting. If people are still in el-Fasher, it will be very difficult for them to survive,” he told The Associated Press by phone from Tawila.

30.10.2025 - 12:21 [ Reuters ]

Trump tells Pentagon to immediately resume testing US nuclear weapons

It was not immediately clear whether Trump was referring to nuclear-explosive testing, which would be carried out by the National Nuclear Security Administration, or flight testing of nuclear-capable missiles.

No nuclear power, other than North Korea, has carried out explosive testing in more than 25 years.

27.10.2025 - 23:48 [ Middle East Eye ]

Sudan’s RSF storms el-Fasher after UAE shuts down talks on city

However, sources told Middle East Eye that the UAE, which is the RSF’s most significant patron, refused to address the situation in el-Fasher, which has been under siege for over 500 days.

27.10.2025 - 23:45 [ NewArab.com ]

Fears for civilians trapped in Sudan‘s El-Fasher as RSF advances

The Rapid Support Forces claimed to have captured the city on Sunday, the last state capital in Darfur yet to fall to the paramilitaries.

23.10.2025 - 19:46 [ Middle East Eye ]

‚Disappointing‘: ICJ grants Israel another extension in South Africa genocide case

On 29 December 2023, South Africa accused Israel, before the ICJ, of breaching the Genocide Convention of 1948.

The subsequent hearing, a couple of weeks later, drew huge attention as Israel’s war was formally challenged on the world stage for the first time since the start of the genocidal war.

For cases of such complexity, the ICJ often takes years to come to a judgement. ICJ experts have previously explained that the judgment is expected to be made by early 2028.

13.10.2025 - 07:36 [ Associated Press ]

Israel rejects freeing from prison the most popular Palestinian leader

But some experts say Israel fears Barghouti for another reason: An advocate of a two-state solution even as he backed armed resistance to occupation, Barghouti could be a powerful rallying figure for Palestinians. Some Palestinians view him as their own Nelson Mandela, the South African anti-apartheid activist who became his country’s first Black president.

13.10.2025 - 07:24 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli media: Dr Hussam Abu Safiya to be freed only if release quota falls short

However, Israeli officials made changes to the list of Palestinian prisoners set to be released, with 1,718 Palestinian prisoners to be freed now, instead of the previously agreed-upon 1,722.

Al Jazeera quoted Hamas as saying that Marwan Barghouti and Ahmad Saadat are off the list of prisoners to be released.

Israeli media have also reported that „the government has approved the creation of a reserve list of five prisoners from Gaza, who will be released if changes are made.“

30.09.2025 - 01:10 [ Middle East Eye ]

Palestinian Authority thanks Trump for ‚determined effort‘ to end Gaza war

The Palestinian Authority on Monday welcomed US President Donald Trump‘s „determined efforts“ to end Israel‘s genocide in Gaza.

Trump‘s 20 point plan to end what a growing chorus of experts, world leaders and historians call a genocide in Gaza leaves open the door for the Palestinian Authority to govern the enclave after „reforms“.

30.09.2025 - 00:45 [ Middle East Eye ]

Eight Arab and Muslim nations endorse Trump‘s plan for Gaza

Eight Arab and Muslim nations released a statement on Monday backing US President Donald Trump‘s plan to end Israel‘s genocide in Gaza and establish an international peace keeping force there.

The countries are: Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Indonesia and Pakistan.

25.09.2025 - 20:36 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Bundesverfassungsgericht: Das sind die neuen Richter in Karlsruhe

Der Bundestag hat heute drei Kandidatinnen und Kandidaten – zwei von der SPD, einen von der Union – für Richterstellen beim Bundesverfassungsgericht gewählt. Die Neuen in Karlsruhe in Kurzporträts.

16.09.2025 - 21:11 [ haileris / Youtube ]

Three Days of the Condor – Ending

„Not now – then! Ask ’em when they‘re running out. Ask ’em when there‘s no heat in their homes and they‘re cold. Ask ’em when their engines stop. Ask ’em when people who have never known hunger start going hungry. You wanna know something? They won‘t want us to ask ’em. They‘ll just want us to get it for ’em.“

16.09.2025 - 20:30 [ Movieclips / Youtube ]

All the President‘s Men (8/9) Movie CLIP – Deep Throat (1976) HD

While researching a story about a botched 1972 burglary of Democratic Party headquarters at the Watergate apartment complex, green Washington Post reporters/rivals Woodward (Robert Redford, who also exec produced) and Bernstein (Dustin Hoffman) stumble on a possible connection between the burglars and a White House staffer. With the circumspect approval of executive editor Ben Bradlee (Jason Robards), the pair digs deeper. Aided by a guilt-ridden turncoat bookkeeper (Jane Alexander) and the vital if cryptic guidance of Woodward‘s mystery source, Deep Throat (Hal Holbrook), Woodward and Bernstein „follow the money“ all the way to the top of the Nixon administration. Despite Deep Throat‘s warnings that their lives are in danger, and the reluctance of older Post editors, Woodward and Bernstein are determined to get out the story of the crime and its presidential cover-up.

11.09.2025 - 03:00 [ New York Post / Youtube ]

Charlie Kirk Shot: Viral Videos Capture Horrifying Moment

WARNING: DISTRESSING CONTENT. Charlie Kirk was shot while on stage during an event during a stop at Utah Valley University during his American Comeback Tour Wednesday. The conservative influencer jerked back and appeared to grab at his neck as the shot rang out, a video from the scene shows, but the extent of his injuries are unconfirmed. Kirk was conducting a Q&A session from a pop-up tent on campus when the incident occurred, sending thousands of spectators into a panic, according to a flurry of social media posts.

11.09.2025 - 02:49 [ APNews.com ]

Conservative activist Charlie Kirk fatally shot in act of ‘political assassination’ at Utah college

Charlie Kirk, a conservative activist and close ally of President Donald Trump who played an influential role in rallying young Republican voters, was shot and killed Wednesday at a Utah college event in what the governor called a political assassination carried out from a rooftop. A person of interest was in custody, officials said.

09.09.2025 - 03:06 [ Jerusalem Post ]

Israel in intense war on terror, Netanyahu says at scene of deadly Jerusalem attack

(September 8, 2025)

Netanyahu‘s criminal trial hearings at the Tel Aviv District Court, scheduled for Monday, were canceled after the terror shooting occurred.

09.09.2025 - 02:54 [ Jerusalem Post ]

At least six murdered in Jerusalem terror shooting, 21 wounded

(September 8, 2025)

“The bus doors didn’t open, the driver said there was a malfunction,“ an eyewitness to the attack said. Another eyewitness, Malka Cohen, stated that the bus doors initially did not open, and the driver claimed there was a malfunction. Immediately afterward, when the doors opened, the terrorists opened fire.

05.09.2025 - 17:33 [ Reuters ]

Work paused at Hyundai‘s US site after hundreds of workers detained in raid

SEOUL, Sept 5 (Reuters) – Hundreds of workers at a Hyundai Motor (005380.KS), opens new tab facility being built in Georgia have been detained in a major raid by U.S. authorities, forcing a pause in the construction of a car battery factory that is part of a major investment in the state by the Korean automaker.

05.09.2025 - 17:32 [ SavannahNow.com ]

Savannah area Hyundai plant site raided by ICE and Homeland Security agents

SMN has reached out to officials at Hyundai Motor Group USA, HMGMA, and LG Solutions (which oversees construction at the HL-GA Battery Company joint venture between Hyundai and LG) for comment on the raid. Georgia Governor Brian Kemp‘s office has not responded to questions and a request for comment as of this publication.

01.09.2025 - 21:16 [ Independent.co.uk ]

Medics demand urgent help for alleged Palestine activist on prison hunger strike

“Ms Hoxha has not, as far as we are aware, received the necessary daily clinical monitoring required for patients refusing food and is at risk of sudden electrolyte disturbance, hypoglycaemia and cardiac arrest,” the letter said.

“After speaking with family, our understanding is that Ms Hoxha had low blood sugar, at around 2.7, for significant periods of time yesterday. This constitutes a medical emergency.

“Given that Ms Hoxha’s hunger strike is now at a critical stage, we must therefore insist that NHS England exercises its commissioning oversight.”

01.09.2025 - 20:54 [ theCanary.co ]

Filton 24 hunger striker tells the Canary government is monitoring her under counter extremism

Calling for these rights to be reinstated, T has been on hunger strike since 11 August but disturbingly says:

I was told by officers that being on hunger strike is not worth it because the prison doesn’t care what happens to you. This is something I believe to be true, as it took eight days before a nurse came to see me.

This delay meant T was left without essential medical supervision during that critical period. When finally examined by a doctor, her symptoms such as weakness, tingling in her limbs, and a rash were noted, but neither the prison nor the medical staff have made any effort to protect her from potential long-term health damage. Instead, she has repeatedly been pressured to sign a waiver that would release them from any responsibility if her condition worsens or if anything happens to her. T continues refusing to sign this form.

01.09.2025 - 20:47 [ Middle East Eye ]

Family of Palestine Action prisoner on hunger strike say her health is deteriorating

The 29-year-old prisoner, named “T Hoxha”, is one of the „Filton 24“ – activists from the now-proscribed direct action group Palestine Action who were arrested on terrorism charges.

Those charges were in connection with an action in August 2024, when six activists drove a modified van into the research and development hub of UK-based Israeli arms company, Elbit Systems, in Filton, Bristol.

Hoxha has been on remand since November 2024, awaiting her trial which will start in April 2026.

She launched her hunger strike at HMP Peterborough 22 days ago over the prison’s suspension of her recreational activities, her removal from her job at the prison library, and the withholding of her mail.

01.09.2025 - 18:01 [ Middle East Eye ]

Abducted Gaza doctor suffering from ‚scabies and boils‘ in Israeli detention

(today)

Prominent doctor Hussam Abu Safiya and his nephew are being kept in appalling conditions in Israeli detention, his lawyer said after a rare visit.

Gheed Kassem said Abu Safiya and his nephew Hussam Zaher were „exposed to sunlight for only thirty minutes a month, while scabies and boils ravage their bodies, and they remain in the same clothes.“

„As for bathing, it lasts only two minutes, and they have each lost a third of their body weight. They are in dire need of dermatologists and medicines to treat the widespread skin diseases and infections,“ said Kassem.

23.07.2025 - 05:24 [ Newsweek ]

Global Tributes Pour In for Black Sabbath Frontman Ozzy Osbourne After Death at 76: Updates

Ozzy Osbourne, the godfather of heavy metal and legendary frontman of Black Sabbath, has died at age 76—just weeks after sharing an emotional farewell with fans at Villa Park. The milestone concert, featuring Metallica and Guns N‘ Roses, marked his final bow after decades of genre-defining music and infamous stage antics.

Tributes from around the world continue to honor Osbourne following his passing at the age of 76. From fellow musicians to public figures, the outpouring reflects the legendary impact of the Black Sabbath frontman.

23.07.2025 - 05:10 [ Ozzy Osbourne / Youtube ]

Not Going Away

Not Going Away · Ozzy Osbourne

06.07.2025 - 03:57 [ Sky News ]

Palestine Action banned as terrorist organisation – after losing late legal challenge

The law change, which adds Palestine Action to the list of banned organisations along with the likes of al Qaeda, ISIS and Hezbollah, came into force at midnight.

It makes membership of, or support for, the direct action group a criminal offence punishable by up to 14 years in prison, while even wearing a T-shirt or badge with the group‘s name on attracts a maximum six-month sentence.

06.07.2025 - 03:35 [ Common Dreams ]

Designed To Enact Suffering

The Senate‘s barely-there approval – fuck Shady Vance – of Trump‘s heinous 900-page bill represents the largest transfer of wealth to the rich in U.S. history along with the largest cut to Medicaid and food assistance, all in the obscene name of (partly) funding a $975 billion tax break for the already richest 1%. The bill, „a tipping point between normality and fascism,“ also pours over $170.7 billion into „a campaign of extermination against immigrants that evokes the greatest human rights atrocities of the past,“ funding the hiring of vastly more Nazi thugs to terrorize, humiliate and put in cages millions of brown people who do much of this country‘s work.

It will kick about 16 million people off health insurance by cutting over $1 trillion from Medicaid, because who needs health insurance. It will throw millions of poor families, veterans, the elderly and disabled off SNAP by cutting $285 billion in food assistance, because who needs food. It will cut funding to rural hospitals, nursing homes, student loans, wind and solar energy – electric bills will soar 30% – costing millions of jobs and adding almost $4 trillion to the national debt, to be paid by our children and grandchildren, one of many excellent reasons it‘s said to be the most unpopular legislation since passage of the economically disastrous Embargo Act of 1807.

27.06.2025 - 19:20 [ DemocracyDocket.com ]

SCOTUS Limits Federal Judges’ Ability to Block Executive Actions Nationwide

The ruling “is an existential threat to the rule of law,” Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson noted in a dissent.