President Mahdi Al-Mashat, head of the Supreme Political Council, mourned the death of Prime Minister of the Government of Change and Construction, Ahmed Ghalib Al-Rahwi, and several of his companions who were killed in an Israeli strike last Thursday. He extended condolences to the victims’ families, the Yemeni people, and state institutions, hailing the fallen officials as examples of responsibility and service.
Archiv: Ansar Allah militia („the Houthis“) / Supreme Political Council (SPC) / ruling in South-West of Yemen
Houthis Say Prime Minister Was Killed in Israeli Attack
Israel killed the prime minister of the Houthi-controlled government in Yemen, Ahmed al-Rahawi, in an attack this past week that hit the capital, Sana, a Houthi spokesman said on Saturday. He was the most senior official in the Iranian-backed militant group to be killed in the conflict so far.
In a statement, the Houthi government said that a number of Mr. al-Rahawi’s colleagues were also killed and wounded, without naming them. It said Israel had attacked while they had gathered in Sana for a government workshop on Thursday afternoon.
Trump repeatedly bypasses Netanyahu, stoking dismay among Israelis
“It’s disconcerting,” said Michael Oren, a former Israeli ambassador to Washington.
“It’s total panic,” said Shalom Lipner, a former Netanyahu aide and a fellow at the Atlantic Council, describing the mood in Jerusalem.
Trump’s Middle East trip leaves Netanyahu watching from the sidelines again
The White House has called it a “historic return to the Middle East” and promised “a shared vision of stability, opportunity and mutual respect.” Israel is once again not on the itinerary. And after Trump blindsided Israel several times already – announcing talks with Iran, a deal with Yemen’s Houthi rebels, and direct talks with Hamas – Israeli officials are concerned another surprise could be coming.
Egypt welcomes Oman’s efforts leading to ceasefire agreement in Yemen
In a statement issued today by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt expressed hope that this agreement would positively impact freedomn of navigation in the Red Sea.
Jordan welcomes Oman-brokered Yemen ceasefire, urges diplomatic solutions
In a statement on Tuesday, the ministry praised the diplomatic efforts of the brotherly Sultanate of Oman, which played a key role in mediating the agreement. The ministry emphasised that the deal marks a significant move toward de-escalating conflict in the region
GCC Secretary-General hails Oman‘s efforts in Yemen conflict resolution
His Excellency Jassim Mohammed Al-Budaiwi, Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), said that the efforts made by the Sultanate of Oman in mediating between the United States and the relevant authorities in the Republic of Yemen, which led to a ceasefire agreement between the two sides, embody the constructive and effective role played by Oman in supporting regional security and stability.
Oman welcomes US-Yemen ceasefire pact
(May 6, 2025)
Under this agreement, neither party will target the other, including American vessels, in the Red Sea and the Bab Al-Mandab Strait, thereby safeguarding freedom of navigation and ensuring the unimpeded flow of international commercial shipping.
The Sultanate of Oman extends its appreciation to both parties for their constructive approach, which has yielded this positive outcome.
Hegseth Threatens Iran Over Yemen
(May 1, 2025)
While the Houthis, officially known as Ansar Allah, are aligned with Iran, the Yemeni group has its own domestic missile and drone program, meaning they’re not reliant on Tehran for military support. This has been acknowledged by US officials, including President Trump.
“They’re experts on missiles. I mean, they actually make missiles. Nobody thought that, but they make missiles. It’s highly sophisticated,” President Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in early April.
In March, The Washington Post, citing US officials, reported that the Houthis have “established their own substantial, independent weapons production capability.”
The Houthis also operate independently and aren’t likely to take orders from Tehran.
Israel fails to intercept Houthi missile, vows harsh response
The IDF wasn’t more specific on what fell. A military spokesman for the Houthis said the group had fired a ballistic missile, and warned airlines against flying into Ben Gurion.
Most of the missiles launched by Houthis from Yemen at Israel have been successfully intercepted, including one on Saturday and two on Friday.
Houthi missile gets through Israel’s air defences and hits near country’s main airport
In recent weeks, the United States has positioned THAAD anti-ballistic missile defence systems in Israel, bolstering the existing Iron Dome system.
It appears that still was not enough to stop the missile getting through.
A missile from Yemen halts flights in Israel hours before vote on intensifying Gaza war
The attack on Ben-Gurion International Airport came hours before Israeli Cabinet ministers were set to vote on whether to intensify military operations in Gaza. The army began calling up thousands of reserves in anticipation of a wider operation, officials said.
Israel’s army confirmed this was the first time a missile struck the airport grounds since the war began, though fragments of missiles or interceptors have struck nearby.
Government of Change: British enemy must anticipate consequences of its aggression against Yemen
The Government of Change and Construction said in a statement issued today, „With typical British impudence, the British Ministry of Defense announced the implementation of a joint military aggression with the American enemy against our country, south of Sana‘a, in response, the Government of Change and Construction affirms that the British enemy must reckon with its predicament and anticipate the consequences of its aggression against the Republic of Yemen.“
As U.S. Pounds Houthis From Red Sea, Yemeni Ground Forces Are Arming Up
(April 13, 2025)
„To my best knowledge, there is a preparation of almost 80,000 Yemeni soldiers from the legitimate government in preparation in different locations to move toward taking over. That will be . . . supported by the drone surveillance and by the air coverage by the US side. There has been some serious discussion in that one and I can see that happening,“ Dr. Sager said. „I think we might be on the stage of counting down to the end of the [Houthis], and they pushed it to this.“
There appears to be preparation for renewed ground combat in the north, near Al Jawf and Sada, and in the south near Taiz, suggested Chatham House research fellow Farea al-Muslimi.
Army Special Forces Secretly Help Saudis Combat Threat From Yemen Rebels
(May 3, 2018)
Details of the Green Beret operation, which has not been previously disclosed, were provided to The New York Times by United States officials and European diplomats.
They appear to contradict Pentagon statements that American military assistance to the Saudi-led campaign in Yemen is limited to aircraft refueling, logistics and general intelligence sharing.
‘The Saudis couldn’t do it without us’: the UK’s true role in Yemen’s deadly war
(June 13, 2019)
For more than four years, a brutal Saudi air campaign has bombarded Yemen, killing tens of thousands, injuring hundreds of thousands and displacing millions – creating the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. And British weapons are doing much of the killing. Every day Yemen is hit by British bombs – dropped by British planes that are flown by British-trained pilots and maintained and prepared inside Saudi Arabia by thousands of British contractors.
Our secret dirty war: Five British Special Forces troops are wounded in Yemen while ‚advising‘ Saudi Arabia on their deadly campaign that has brought death and famine to millions
(March 23, 2019)
The Mail on Sunday can also reveal how RAF engineers sent to Saudi Arabia to repair the kingdom’s fleet of military aircraft narrowly escaped death last week. Iranian-backed rebels launched a ‘suicide drone’ strike on the King Khalid air base, where they are maintaining Tornado jets used to bomb civilian areas in Yemen.
According to reports, the drone exploded on the runway, destroying two Tornados. The MoD said no UK personnel were wounded.
A Decade after the Saudi Military Intervention in Yemen: An Assessment
(March 25, 2025)
Still, Saudi Arabia’s military campaign has largely failed to achieve its stated objectives, instead drawing global criticism for the immense toll that it has taken on civilian lives. The war has caused more than 375,000 deaths (most due to hunger resulting from the Saudi-led naval blockade) and the widespread destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure, exacerbating the country’s humanitarian crisis.
US officials: Yemen plans ground offensive against Houthis
Sources familiar with the matter said that American private-sector defense contractors have even provided advice to Yemeni elements regarding the potential offensive. Yemeni and American sources added that the United Arab Emirates, which supports those forces, presented the plan to US officials in recent weeks.
American officials revealed that the US is open to providing assistance for a ground assault by local forces in Yemen. However, they noted that no decision has been made yet on whether to support the effort.
U.S. Strikes Spur Plans for Yemeni Ground War Against Houthis
(April 14, 2025)
Yemeni militias are planning a ground offensive against the Houthis in an attempt to take advantage of a U.S. bombing campaign that has degraded the militant group’s capabilities, Yemeni and U.S. officials say.
The Yemeni factions are sensing an opportunity to oust the Houthis from at least parts of the Red Sea coast they have controlled in the decade since they took power over much of the country’s northwest, the officials said.
San Diego-based USS Carl Vinson arrives in Mideast, launches airstrikes against Houthi rebels
The San Diego-based USS Carl Vinson has arrived in Mideast waters and is launching air strikes on Houthi rebels ahead of the next round of talks between Iran and the United States over Tehran’s rapidly advancing nuclear program.
The Associated Press cited satellite photos taken Monday by the European Union’s Copernicus program showing the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier operating northeast of Socotra, an island off Yemen that sits near the mouth of the Gulf of Aden.
Another US aircraft carrier in Mideast waters ahead of second round of Iran-US nuclear talks
The operation of the USS Carl Vinson and its strike group in the Arabian Sea comes as suspected U.S. airstrikes pounded parts of Yemen controlled by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels overnight into Tuesday. American officials repeatedly have linked the monthlong U.S. campaign against the Houthis under President Donald Trump as a means to pressure Iran in the negotiations.
Houthis say children among 31 killed after US fighter jets bomb Yemen
The US raids, the most significant military action since Trump’s return to power in January, came after Yemen’s Houthis threatened to resume raids on Israeli-linked ships in the Red Sea over Israel’s blockade on Gaza.
The US attacks, which began on Saturday and continued into the early hours of Sunday, on the Yemeni capital Sanaa, as well as on areas in Saada, Al Bayda and Radaa killed 31 people and wounded 101, “most of whom were children and women”, health ministry spokesperson Anis Al-Asbahi posted on X.
Trump says ‘decisive’ military action against Houthis in Yemen is underway
He said US personnel were carrying out aerial attacks on Houthi bases, leaders and missile defenses “to protect American shipping, air, and naval assets, and to restore Navigational Freedom.”
“No terrorist force will stop American commercial and naval vessels from freely sailing the Waterways of the World,” Trump wrote.
Trump also delivered a warning for Iran, the Houthis’ main backer, saying it must “immediately” end support for the group. He warned that if Iran threatened the American people or their president, “America will hold you fully accountable and, we won’t be nice about it!”
Israeli military intercepts rocket from Yemen ahead of Gaza ceasefire
The Israeli military on Saturday said it intercepted a rocket from Yemen, one day before a ceasefire with the Palestinian militant group Hamas is set to take effect.
Residents rushed to shelters as alerts sounded in Tel Aviv and other parts of Israel.
There were no initial reports of casualties or damage.
Yemen‘s Houthi militia, a Hamas ally, has so far not claimed the attack.
Iraq and Yemen Militias to Suspend Attacks on Israel Over Gaza Ceasefire
(January 15, 2025)
Mohammed Abdul Salam, spokesperson for Yemen‘s Ansar Allah, also known as the Houthi movement, declared the group‘s „battle reaching its conclusion with the declaration of a ceasefire in Gaza.“
Yemen launches missile attack on Israel‘s Tel Aviv
„We carried out a military operation targeting a vital target of the Israeli enemy in Tel Aviv, using a hypersonic ballistic missile,“ Yemeni spokesperson Yahya Saree said in a statement aired by al-Masirah TV.
„The operation achieved its goal successfully,“ he said, adding that his group also carried out an attack using four drones and targeted „vital targets“ in Tel Aviv.
Yemeni civil war (2014–present)
The Yemeni civil war (Arabic: الحرب الأهلية اليمنية, romanized: al-ḥarb al-ʾahlīyah al-yamanīyah) is an ongoing multilateral civil war that began in late 2014 mainly between the Rashad al-Alimi-led Presidential Leadership Council and the Mahdi al-Mashat-led Supreme Political Council, along with their supporters and allies.
US-UK airstrikes resume on Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen
The group did not reveal the target of the airstrike or the extent of the damage.
This attack follows an airstrike by US-UK fighter jets on the Yemeni group in the Al-Tuhayta district, south of the coastal city of Al-Hudaydah, near the Red Sea.
On Tuesday, Ansarallah announced that it had targeted American ships and destroyers in the Gulf of Djibouti and the Gulf of Aden.
LIVE: US, UK & Israel Conduct 14 Airstrikes on Sanaa and Hodeidah Airport in Yemen | Houthi
Started streaming 78 minutes ago #israel #houthi #middleeast
LIVE: US, UK & Israel Conduct 14 Airstrikes on Sanaa and Hodeidah Airport in Yemen | Houthi Middle East | Free Press Journal | International News
Attacco aereo in Yemen: colpito un aeroporto e la capitale
Le forze armate di Stati Uniti e Regno Unito avrebbero attaccato le aree delle città di Sana‘a, Hodeidah e Dhamar, controllate dal movimento filo-iraniano Houthi in Yemen. Lo ha riferito l’emittente yemenita di proprietà degli Houthi «Al Masirah», con sede a Beirut, spiegando che gli attacchi aerei statunitensi e britannici hanno preso di mira l‘aeroporto di Hodeidah, una zona di Sana‘a e il sud della città di Dhamar.
US and UK strike Houthis in Yemen: Report
The US and UK have launched strikes across Yemen, including in the capital city of Sanaa, Dhamar city and Hodeidah airport, according to Houthi-controlled, Al Masirah TV.
Houthis say ‚new hypersonic ballistic missile‘ launched at Israel, vows more attacks
Houthi spokesperson Yahya Saree speaks on the ballistic missile launched at Israel, September 15, 2024
(photo credit: SCREENSHOT/X)