Archiv: Oman


20.08.2026 - 20:40 [ Foreign Ministry of Oman ]

Oman and Japan call for political solutions to ease tensions

The Sultanate of Oman and Japan underlined the importance of reaching a final agreement and a political solution to reduce tensions in the region.

They also called for intensified international efforts to ensure freedom of navigation through the Strait of Hormuz in accordance with international law and to maintain the smooth flow of maritime transport and energy supplies.

This was stated during a joint press conference held at the Foreign Ministry by Oman’s Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr Albusaidi and Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi.

20.08.2026 - 20:38 [ Al Jazeera ]

Oman, Japan stress urgent need to open Strait of Hormuz

The Omani and Japanese foreign ministers have emphasised the need to intensify international efforts to ensure the freedom of maritime navigation in the Strait of Hormuz in accordance with international law.

Badr bin Hamad Al Busaidi met Motegi Toshimitsu in Muscat.

17.08.2026 - 20:56 [ CBS News ]

Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it „gets in the way“

President Trump told Fox News on Monday that the U.S. would bomb Oman if the country „gets in the way“ of U.S. efforts to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end the war with Iran, according to the network‘s Trey Yingst.

„If Oman gets in the way, we‘ll bomb the s*** out of them,“ Trump said, according to Yingst‘s recounting of his conversation with the president.

16.08.2026 - 06:27 [ Foreign Ministry of Oman ]

Minister calls for new Gulf security policy

(July 14, 2026)

“One issue demands immediate attention. As widely reported, complex discussions are currently being held with the aim of devising a long-term arrangement for freedom of navigation through the Strait of Hormuz. As one of the two states with territorial waters in the Strait, Oman has a special responsibility to work with both Iran – which is the other state whose territorial waters include part of the Strait – and the wider international community of Strait users to find a practical, durable and legal arrangement for free navigation. The international community needs a successful outcome from these consultations; free navigation through the Strait of Hormuz is vital for the global economy

16.08.2026 - 06:12 [ Al Jazeera ]

Araghchi says talks with Oman and reopening of Hormuz are ‘two separate issues’

“Our negotiations with Oman are ongoing. That is a completely separate matter. It is a technical issue concerning the designation of maritime routes in the Strait of Hormuz for the passage of ships.”
“The routes that existed previously are no longer functional, so a new route needs to be defined. For now, we are designing a temporary route, which can then, at a later stage, be turned into a final route.”
“We may reach an outcome soon, but I want to emphasise that these negotiations and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz are two separate issues. This is a technical negotiation concerning the designation of a maritime route.”

15.08.2026 - 22:41 [ Reuters ]

Oman proposes Hormuz management system with voluntary fees, source says

(July 28, 2026)

Under the Omani proposal, which has regional ​backing and was presented to Iranian officials over the weekend in Tehran, Iran would not ⁠exercise sole control over the strait, the source added.
The proposal is based on the Strait of Malacca, which connects the ​Indian and Pacific Oceans and is jointly managed by the states bordering it: Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.

11.08.2026 - 20:52 [ Oman Observer ]

Reopening Strait of Hormuz is a humanitarian imperative

It is worth recalling that the conflict did not begin over disputes about the Strait of Hormuz. As recently as February 28, commercial ships transited the waterway without restriction.

(…)

With the US maintaining the naval blockade during the ceasefire period, Iran responded by stopping and, in several cases, attacking vessels attempting to cross the Strait without its approval. Insurance rates spiked, shipping lines rerouted around the Cape of Good Hope, and transit times increased by up to three weeks.

Wars of this nature benefit no party in the long term, and they rarely reach a logical conclusion. Their primary victims are innocent civilians who have no role in the conflict. Many civilians in Iran and Lebanon have lost their lives directly to strikes.

08.08.2026 - 21:20 [ Al Jazeera ]

Vessel struck off coast of Oman: UKMTO

The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) centre has received a report of a vessel being struck about 18 nautical miles (33 km) off the coast of the Omani town of Khasab.

UKMTO cited a “verified source” as saying an “unknown projectile” hit the vessel, causing a fire.

05.08.2026 - 19:59 [ Al Jazeera ]

Iran-Oman understanding on Hormuz ‘on verge of being finalised’: Iran’s deputy foreign minister

In comments shared by Iran’s IRNA news agency, Gharibabadi said a final understanding between the two countries is “on the verge of being finalised”.

04.08.2026 - 18:49 [ Al Jazeera ]

Qatar hopeful agreement between US, Iran will be reached in coming hours, days

In his weekly news conference, Qatar’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Majed al-Ansari said Qatar continues to call for de-escalation and dialogue.

He added that Qatar is in particular supporting Oman’s mediation efforts and is hopeful that an agreement will be reached in the coming hours or days.

27.07.2026 - 13:46 [ Oman Observer ]

US not involved in Hormuz talks with Oman: Iran

Tehran: Iran‘s foreign ministry on Monday said the United States was not involved in recent talks with the Sultanate of Oman over the administration of the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

„These talks have no connection with the United States. They are a bilateral matter between Iran and Oman, and they are continuing,“ said the ministry‘s spokesman, Esmaeil Baqaei, in a daily press briefing, adding that the waterway „remains closed“.

26.07.2026 - 19:05 [ Middle East Eye ]

Tehran says it will halt attacks as long as US maintains pause

The senior Iranian source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters: „Iran’s position remains ‘attack for attack’: if the attacks stop, Iran will also halt its operations. That message has already been conveyed to the United States.“

26.07.2026 - 18:54 [ CBS News ]

Talks between Iran and Oman have been constructive, moving in positive direction, official says

(46 min ago)

Discussions between Iranian officials and their Omani counterparts over the last two days have been constructive, one Iranian official told CBS News on Sunday. Talks to reopen the Strait of Hormuz are also moving in a positive direction, the official said.

26.07.2026 - 18:52 [ Fortune.com ]

The U.S. and Iran pause attacks on each other for a second straight day while Tehran continues talks with Oman over Hormuz

The United States paused its attacks on Iran for a second straight day Sunday and Tehran said it had done so too, as efforts continued to bring the countries back to negotiations on an interim ceasefire deal largely undermined by recent exchanges of fire.

17.07.2026 - 17:03 [ Middle East Eye ]

Iran to continue attacks until „calm returns to Strait of Hormuz“

The commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force, Seyed Majid Mousavi, announced that Iran will continue attacks „until calm returns to the southern coastline and the Strait of Hormuz”, according to Al Jazeera‘s reports of Iranian state media.

The statement comes as the IRGC has claimed responsibility for attacks on US military targets in Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Jordan, and Syria, Al Jazeera reports.

17.07.2026 - 16:50 [ Oman Observer ]

Musandam Governorate targeted by drones; Oman condemns attacks

Muscat: A security source reported that unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones targeted sites in the Musandam Governorate.

The Sultanate of Oman condemned and denounced this attack and affirmed that it is taking all necessary measures to address these developments and safeguard the country and its residents, according to the official statement.

The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) has reported an incident 9NM east of Oman.

A container ship has sustained damage to the rear of the vessel, which has caused a fire on board, UKMTO said.

17.07.2026 - 13:00 [ IranWire.com ]

IRGC Strikes Targets in Oman, Blasting Key Mediator’s Territory

(today)

The IRGC described the strikes as part of a “retaliatory operation” and claimed that the Strait of Hormuz remains “under the complete control” of its naval forces. The military branch also declared that these operations would continue.

The attack comes despite Oman serving as one of the primary mediators between Tehran and Washington in recent months, and follows previous assertions by Islamic Republic officials emphasising cooperation with Muscat regarding the management of the Strait of Hormuz.

17.07.2026 - 12:55 [ Wikipedia ]

2026 Iranian strikes on Oman

From 28 February 2026, as part of the 2026 Iran war, Iran began launching a series of drone strikes on sites in Oman and the Strait of Hormuz, targeting the Port of Duqm and the Port of Salalah, which are used by the United States. Separate drone strikes targeted ports and industrial zones in Sohar, Bukha, and Mina Al Fahal, along with attacks in the Omani territorial waters of the Strait of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman. The attacks killed 19 people and injured 26 others.

17.07.2026 - 12:37 [ IranInt.com ]

Iran risks its most valuable Arab partner over Hormuz

(July 14, 2026)

Iran‘s attack on facilities supporting US naval operations in Oman has plunged relations with one of Tehran‘s closest regional partners into their deepest crisis in decades, turning a dispute over shipping through the Strait of Hormuz into a direct military confrontation.

Relations deteriorated sharply after Iran‘s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) said they had launched a „heavy and surprise attack“ on logistical support facilities and aircraft carrier refueling infrastructure at the Omani port of Duqm on Sunday.

Oman condemned what it described as „irresponsible acts“ and summoned Iran‘s ambassador in protest, marking a dramatic deterioration in relations between the two countries.

17.07.2026 - 12:31 [ Middle East Monitor ]

Iran criticises Oman over announcement of southern shipping corridor in the Strait of Hormuz

According to Iranian officials, Tehran considers itself responsible for managing maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz under its interpretation of the memorandum of understanding with the United States and maintains that it has the authority to designate approved shipping routes.

Oman’s announcement that vessels could use a southern corridor within Omani territorial waters prompted criticism from Tehran.

According to the report, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) warned that it could take action against vessels using routes outside those designated by Iranian authorities.

14.07.2026 - 22:00 [ Oman Observer ]

Three Oil Tankers targeted in successive attacks Off Omani Coast

Muscat: The Maritime Security Centre has reported that three oil tankers were targeted in separate attacks off the Omani coast, with one crew member confirmed killed and three others still missing, as authorities continue to monitor the situation and coordinate response efforts.

14.07.2026 - 21:37 [ Middle East Eye ]

Indian sailor killed in Iranian strike on oil tankers in Strait of Hormuz

One Indian crew member was killed, and eight others were wounded in an Iranian missile strike targeting two Emirati oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, the United Arab Emirates’ Ministry of Defence said on Tuesday.

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company’s (Adnoc) shipping arm confirmed that two of its very large crude carriers were struck and sustained “significant damage” while passing through the strait.

12.07.2026 - 19:19 [ Oman Observer ]

Oman summons Iran‘s ambassador, hands over a protest note

Muscat: The Sultanate of Oman has summoned Mousa Farhang, Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the Sultanate of Oman, to hand him a formal note of protest following the targeting of sites in the Governorates of Musandam and Al Wusta by unmanned aerial vehicles.

The note of protest was handed over by Shaikh Khalid bin Hashil al Musalhi, Undersecretary of the Foreign Ministry for Administrative and Financial Affairs, when he received the Iranian Ambassador in Muscat today.

12.07.2026 - 04:40 [ PressTV.ir ]

IRGC Navy: Strait of Hormuz closed until US ends regional intervention

Earlier, the IRGC Navy reported having been forced to fire a warning shot at a vessel after several ships ignored its instructions regarding navigation through the strait.

Describing the incident involving the trespassing vessel, the force said the ship had switched off its onboard systems, therefore, posing a threat to maritime safety.

12.07.2026 - 03:59 [ Oman Observer ]

Iran, Oman discuss Hormuz safe passage

Published: 11:01 PM, Jul 11, 2026

MUSCAT: The Sultanate of Oman and the Islamic Republic of Iran held talks in Muscat on Saturday regarding navigation on the Strait of Hormuz to ensure its safety and freedom in light of recent developments and their repercussions.

The two sides agreed to carry on with the talks at both the technical and political levels to reach agreements in accordance with international law.

The discussions were held by Sayyid Badr bin Hamad al Busaidy, Foreign Minister, and Seyyed Abbas Araghchi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

11.07.2026 - 01:31 [ Oman Observer ]

Iran FM visit Oman for Strait of Hormuz talks

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi will travel to Oman on Saturday for talks on the Strait of Hormuz, state media said.

The visit „will be focused on the Strait of Hormuz and shipping safety“ and is „a continuation of the consultations that we started with Oman over the past one or two months,“ Iran‘s official IRNA news agency quoted foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei as saying.

11.07.2026 - 00:55 [ CBS News ]

Iran privately told Trump advisers „they made a mistake“ in shooting at ships in Strait of Hormuz

Iranian officials privately told Trump advisers that they made a mistake in shooting at commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz, that the attacks stemmed from an „errant“ sect of hardliners who are trying to undermine negotiations, and that they want to keep talking, senior U.S. officials said on Friday.

The White House wants the regime to publicly acknowledge its mistake, which the Trump administration views as a violation of the ceasefire.

President Trump has directed his team — led by Vice President JD Vance, the president‘s son-in-law Jared Kushner, special envoy Steve Witkoff, and Secretary of State Marco Rubio — to continue negotiations.

The talks are to take place in Oman on Saturday.

10.07.2026 - 10:40 [ OnTheWorldMap.com ]

Strait of Hormuz Map

This map shows countries, cities, towns, ports, airports, islands, and roads in the Strait of Hormuz Area.