Archiv: Prokonsulate / proconsulates


25.11.2025 - 20:56 [ Israel Hayom ]

International force for Gaza unlikely as countries refuse to deploy troops

(November 23, 2025)

Israeli assessments increasingly show the International Stabilization Force for Gaza, designed to disarm Hamas, won‘t materialize. Establishing the force represents a central element of Donald Trump‘s 20-point plan for ending the war and was incorporated into Security Council Resolution 2803 approved last week. Yet no nation globally has expressed readiness to have its forces directly engage Hamas fighters.

10.11.2025 - 19:35 [ Reuters ]

World Bank, in letter to US, backs draft UN resolution on Gaza

The World Bank backs language in a U.S.-drafted United Nations Security Council resolution on Gazathat would authorize a two-year mandate for a transitional governance body, according to a letter to the United States seen by Reuters.

The 15-member UN Security Council began negotiations on Thursday on the text that would mandate a so-called Board of Peace transitional governance administration, giving it the authority to establish operational entities to address issues including the reconstruction of Gaza and of economic recovery programs.

08.11.2025 - 21:10 [ Times of Israel ]

US sidelining Israel on decision-making at Gaza ceasefire HQ, official says

Israel is playing a secondary role to the US at the Civil-Military Coordination Center (CMCC) in Kiryat Gat, where the Gaza ceasefire is being monitored by at least a dozen nations, an Israeli official told The Times of Israel on Friday.

The compound in southern Israel is intended as a hub for the International Stabilization Force (ISF) set to take the reins of Gaza as part of US President Donald Trump’s comprehensive ceasefire plan, which the US is seeking to enshrine into international law via a UN Security Council vote.

08.11.2025 - 21:08 [ Washington Post / postguam.com ]

US steps up presence in Gaza to support fragile ceasefire

The U.S. military-led “coordination center” charged with implementing President Donald Trump’s peace plan in the Gaza Strip is replacing Israel as the overseer of humanitarian aid to the enclave, even as multiple people familiar with the center’s first weeks of operations have described it as chaotic and indecisive.

In a transition that was completed Friday, the Israelis are still “part of the conversation,” but decisions will be taken by the wider body, a U.S. official said, referencing the shift from COGAT, the unit within the Israel Defense Forces responsible for regulating and facilitating aid in Gaza, to the Civil-Military Coordination Center set up in southern Israel near the Gaza border.

04.11.2025 - 18:51 [ New York Times ]

U.S. Seeks Two-Year U.N. Mandate for Gaza Stabilization Force

It is not clear whether the draft would have enough support at the Security Council to be approved. Nine of the 15 members would need to vote in favor of it, and all five permanent members, including Russia and China, would have to abstain from a veto.

The draft is largely in line with Mr. Trump’s plan, which was first presented in September. It says the force would operate under the guidance of an international body known as the “Board of Peace,” and that its mandate would expire on Dec. 31, 2027. The draft suggests that date could be extended.

04.11.2025 - 18:42 [ Axios ]

Scoop: U.S. seeks UN approval for Gaza security force with broad two-year mandate

The U.S. sent several UN Security Council members a draft resolution on Monday for the establishment of an international force in Gaza for a duration of at least two years, according to a copy obtained by Axios.

04.11.2025 - 18:40 [ Reuters ]

Netanyahu says Israel will decide which foreign troops acceptable to secure Gaza ceasefire

(October 27, 2025)

„We are in control of our security, and we have also made it clear regarding international forces that Israel will determine which forces are unacceptable to us, and this is how we operate and will continue to operate,“ Netanyahu said.
„This is, of course, acceptable to the United States as well, as its most senior representatives have expressed in recent days,“ he told a session of his cabinet.

28.10.2025 - 00:59 [ News.am ]

Reuters: Israel will decide composition of international forces in Gaza, Netanyahu says

Israel intends to personally determine the composition of international forces that may be deployed in the Gaza Strip to ensure a ceasefire under US President Donald Trump’s plan, Reuters reports.

28.10.2025 - 00:56 [ TurkiyeRoday.com ]

Netanyahu says Israel will ‚control‘ which foreign forces enter Gaza

„We are in control of our security, and we have also made it clear regarding international forces that Israel will determine which forces are unacceptable to us, and this is how we operate and will continue to operate,“ Netanyahu told his cabinet at the start of the government meeting.

„This is, of course, acceptable to the United States as well, as its most senior representatives have expressed in recent days. Israel is an independent state. We will defend ourselves with our own forces, and we will continue to control our destiny,“ he added.

16.10.2025 - 16:10 [ theMediaLine.org ]

Pakistan, Indonesia, and Azerbaijan Weigh Joining Gaza Stabilization Force as Trump Team Works To Form Palestinian Technocratic Government

According to US defense sources, the three nations are “top contenders” to supply troops to the proposed International Stabilization Force, though none has yet formally agreed to participate. A Trump adviser named Indonesia and Azerbaijan, along with Egypt, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, as possible contributors. So far, Indonesia is the only country to publicly offer troops, saying it could deploy 20,000 soldiers under a United Nations (UN)-mandated peacekeeping mission—something not outlined in Trump’s 20-point plan.

The US is also moving to recruit Palestinians for a transitional technocratic government to administer Gaza.

12.10.2025 - 07:05 [ Middle East Eye ]

Video: Over 500,000 in London protest against genocide in Gaza

Over 500,000 protesters marched in London to mark two years of genocide in Gaza.

They told MEE why they are demonstrating, despite the latest ceasefire agreement.

30.09.2025 - 00:13 [ Associated Press / Youtube ]

LIVE: Trump and Netanyahu hold a press conference

Streamed live 7 hours ago #netanyahu #trump #live

30.09.2025 - 00:03 [ Middle East Eye ]

Netanyahu accepts Trump proposal to end war in Gaza

An „International Stabilization Force“ (ISF) would be set up in tandem with „Arab and international partners“ that is in charge of establishing control and stability in the enclave, similar to earlier plans discussed of an Arab or regional „peacekeeping“ force.

The plan categorically states that „Israel will not occupy or annex Gaza“, but it leaves the window open for a lot of interpretation and puts the ball in Israel‘s court to withdraw from the strip. It says that Israel will withdraw troops based on „standards, milestones and timeframes linked to demilitarisation“ that Israeli forces, the ISF, guarantors and the US agree to.

It adds that Israeli forces would „progressively hand over the territory it occupies“ to the ISF according to an agreement with the transitional government, „save for a security perimeter presence that will remain until Gaza is properly secure from any resurgent terror threat“.

29.09.2025 - 23:11 [ theHill.com ]

Trump would head Gaza ‘board of peace’ in new postwar plan

As chair of the “transitional” body, Trump would oversee the framework and funding for redevelopment of the Gaza Strip until a time when the Palestinian Authority, the governing body in the West Bank, has met conditions to assume governance in the Gaza Strip. Israel’s military would slowly scale back its presence.

“This body will call on best international standards to create modern and efficient governance that serves the people of Gaza and is conducive to attracting investment,” according to the plan.

29.09.2025 - 23:04 [ theGuardian.com ]

Postwar Gaza authority potentially led by Tony Blair ‘would sideline Palestinians’

The draft for the so-called Gaza International Transitional Authority (Gita) puts substantial flesh on reporting of the ideas that Blair and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner are reported to have been circulating, including that Blair “wants” the role of running Gaza.

Palestinian critics who have seen the proposal – and who have long viewed Blair with suspicion – warned that Gita would be a “disaster” for Palestine, creating an alternative jurisdiction in Gaza to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.

26.09.2025 - 12:13 [ Middle East Eye ]

Tony Blair proposed as chief of Gaza transitional authority, reports say

Tony Blair is in discussions to lead a transitional authority in the Gaza Strip as part of a US-backed plan for post-war governance, according to reports.

Israeli media and the BBC reported on Friday that the former UK prime minister is being considered for the role.

10.10.2024 - 22:10 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Iran: “Revolutionsgarden” kommen wieder mal ihren rechtsradikalen Kumpanen in Washington und Jerusalem zu Hilfe

(9. März, 2016)

Jeder Idiot, wenn auch kein “Linker” heutztage, begreift, dass ein Angriff von außen nur die herrschenden, autoritären und auf Krieg angewiesenen Kräfte stärkt.

Jeder “Politiker”, jeder Militär, jeder Funktionär ist zum Erbrechen, wo man nur hinschaut.

Fazit:

Im Westen nichts Neues.

14.02.2024 - 13:59 [ New York Times ]

A Palestinian Exile Champions an Arab Vision for Gaza

Mohammed Dahlan, an adviser to the president of the United Arab Emirates, outlined one under which Israel and Hamas would hand power to a new and independent Palestinian leader who could rebuild Gaza under the protection of an Arab peacekeeping force.

While such plans face steep challenges, the leaders of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the Emirates are open to supporting processes that are part of efforts leading to a Palestinian state, said Mr. Dahlan, who also has close ties to Egypt’s president, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.

17.01.2024 - 08:55 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Iran: “Revolutionsgarden” kommen wieder mal ihren rechtsradikalen Kumpanen in Washington und Jerusalem zu Hilfe

(9. März 2016)

U.S. Präsident Joe Biden trifft Benjamin Netanjahu in Israel und Mahmoud Abbas im besetzten Palästina. Zeit für die iranischen Militärs, ebenfalls die Völker von Israel und Palästina zu bedrohen, zu verraten und zu verkaufen, wie alle anderen auch. Und das Volk von Iran natürlich gleich mit.

10.05.2023 - 07:07 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Palästina: Abbas, Fatah, P.L.O. weiter auf allen Vieren

(8. März 2018)

Während die rechtsradikale Regierung von Israel Einheimische Jerusalems per Gesetz die Wohnberechtigung in der eigenen Stadt entziehen lassen will, wegen “Bruchs der Untertanentreue” (“breach of allegiance”), kriechen der palästinensische “Präsident” Mahmud Abbas, seine Fatah-Partei und die P.L.O. vor der Besatzungsmacht weiter zu Kreuze und tun nichts.

Am 20. Februar hatte Abbas, entgegen aller wertlosen Beschlüsse von Zentralrat und Exekutivkomitee der “Palästinensischen Befreiungsorganisation”, im Sicherheitsrat der Vereinten Nationen wieder keine Vollmitgliedschaft Palästinas in der Völkergemeinschaft beantragt, geschweige denn den entscheidenden Schritt dies in der Generalversammlung zu tun (die dem Sicherheitsrat in dieser Frage übergeordnet ist).

11.06.2022 - 12:22 [ SerbianMonitor.com ]

European intelligence has three favourites for the position of Serbian PM

Sinisa Mali, the current finance minister and former mayor of Belgrade, is mentioned first as a possible candidate. He is one of Aleksandar Vučić’s closest associates and has been involved in several scandals – from the destruction of the Savamala quarter in Belgrade to allegedly owning 24 apartments in Bulgaria. The University of Belgrade stripped him of his doctorate after it was confirmed that he had plagiarized his thesis.

According to European intelligence, Nikola Selaković, current Minister of Foreign Affairs, also has a chance to become the new PM. He is also a loyal associate of Aleksandar Vučić…

27.10.2021 - 07:32 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Evaluierung der Hilfsprojekte: Irritationen bei Afghanistan-Aufarbeitung

Im Sondierungspapier einer möglichen künftigen Regierungskoalition von SPD, Grünen und FDP ist bereits festgehalten: Ein Parlamentarischer Untersuchungsausschuss soll im Bundestag die Geschehnisse rund um die militärische Evakuierung in Kabul durchleuchten. Und eine sogenannte Enquete-Kommission soll ergänzend die deutsche Afghanistan-Politik unter die Lupe nehmen. Braucht es da, zusätzlich, noch eine teure Ausschreibung?

01.09.2021 - 10:00 [ Forbes ]

The War In Afghanistan Cost America $300 Million Per Day For 20 Years, With Big Bills Yet To Come

(16.08.2021)

Naturally, the United States has financed the Afghan war with borrowed money. Brown University researchers estimate that more than $500 billion in interest has already been paid (included in the $2.26 trillion total sum), and they figure that by 2050 the cost of interest alone on our Afghan war debt could reach $6.5 trillion. That amounts to $20,000 for each and every U.S. citizen.

23.08.2021 - 11:13 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Ein Toter in Kabul: Bundeswehr an Schusswechsel beteiligt

Nach Angaben der Bundeswehr kam es zu dem Schusswechsel gegen 04.15 Uhr (MESZ) am Nordtor des Airports. Das Tor ist jedoch geschlossen. Die deutsche Botschaft hatte erst kurz zuvor gewarnt, dass es an den Zugängen immer noch sehr häufig zu gefährlichen Situationen und bewaffneten Auseinandersetzungen komme.

23.08.2021 - 10:59 [ BBC ]

Afghan killed in Kabul airport gun battle

It‘s not clear who started the fighting and German officials said the three Afghans were hurt by „unknown attackers“.

The Afghan forces are thought to be part of an army contingent who have been helping international forces, having refused to surrender to the Taliban.

21.08.2021 - 12:20 [ Radio Utopie ]

McChrystal raus, Petraeus degradiert: Die „Warlord AG“ Afghanistan bekommt einen neuen Geschäftsführer

(23. Juni 2010)

Am Montag, den 22.Juni, veröffentlichte die Washington Post auf ihrer Webseite den neunundsiebzig Seiten langen Bericht des „Unterausschusses für Nationale Sicherheit und Auswärtige Angelegenheiten“ mit dem Titel „Warlord, Inc.: Extortion and Corruption Along the U.S. Supply Chain in Afghanistan“, für den der Leiter des Ausschusses, der Republikaner John F. Tierney (D-Mass.), verantwortlich zeichnete (1, 2).

Der „Unterausschuss für Nationale Sicherheit und Auswärtige Angelegenheiten“ ist ständiger Teil des „Ausschuss für Aufsicht und Reform der Regierung“ des Repräsentantenhauses.

Die Veröffentlichung des Berichts fällt mit den Machtkämpfen um die Kompetenzen der CIA, der Geheimdienste des US-Verteidigungsministeriums und den eigenmächtigen Spionagediensten des US-Militärs (wie diejenigen des General Petraeus) um die Kontrolle der Oberhoheit in den besetzten Gebieten zusammen, in denen sich Geschäfte mit Hilfe korrupter Politiker in mehrfacher Milliardenhöhe abwickeln lassen – die Möglichkeiten zum Geldverdienen reichen von der Opiumproduktion, den Rüstungsgeschäften und Waffenhandel, Lizenzen für die Ausbeutung der Rohstoffe, Aufträge für die Bauunternehmen bis hin in alle Bereiche des öffentlichen Lebens einer Gesellschaft. Es geht um die reine Ausbeutung eines Landes.

21.08.2021 - 11:56 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Petraeus zu afghanischer Armee: „Sie hatten plötzlich keine Rückendeckung mehr“

US-Präsident Biden und die Bundesregierung werfen der afghanischen Armee fehlenden Kampfwillen vor. Dem widerspricht im Interview mit STRG_F der ehemalige General und Ex-CIA-Chef Petraeus. Er verteidigt die afghanischen Soldaten.

21.08.2021 - 11:28 [ White House ]

Remarks by President Biden on Evacuations in Afghanistan

Now, Justin Sink of Bloomberg.

Q Thank you, Mr. President. You just said that you would keep a laser-focus on counterterrorism efforts and that you don’t see as great of a threat of terrorism from Afghanistan as other parts of the world. But if you and your administration so badly misassessed how quickly the Taliban would sweep through Afghanistan and we no longer have an embassy there from which to run intelligence operations, how can you at all be confident of your assessment of the risk of terrorism and the ability of the U.S. to conduct over-the-horizon missions to keep it in check? Can you tell Americans that they’re safe and will remain safe from terror attacks in Afghanistan?

THE PRESIDENT: I think you’re comparing apples and oranges. One question was whether or not the Afghan forces we trained up would stay and fight in their own civil war they had going on.

No one — I shouldn’t say “no one” — the consensus was that it was highly unlikely that in 11 days they’d collapse and fall, and the leader of Afghanistan would flee the country.

20.08.2021 - 16:58 [ Mirror.co.uk ]

Dominic Raab claims colleague couldn‘t make Afghan call due to ‚deteriorating situation‘

He said: „The UK Government’s overriding priority has been to secure Kabul airport so that flights can leave.

„The call was delegated to a Minister of State because I was prioritising security and capacity at the airport on the direct advice of the Director and the Director General overseeing the crisis response.

„In any event, the Afghan Foreign Minister agreed to take the call, but was unable to because of the rapidly deteriorating situation.“

20.08.2021 - 16:31 [ inews.co.uk ]

Where was Dominic Raab? Accusations he was ‘too busy’ for Afghanistan call on Crete beach holiday, explained

It has been reported that help for interpreters who supported British troops was delayed because Mr Raab was “unavailable” to make a call to call Afghan foreign minister Hanif Atmar on Friday.

Mr Raab reportedly delegated the call to a junior minister.

19.08.2021 - 18:43 [ theHill.com ]

Billions in US weaponry seized by Taliban

Among the items seized by the Taliban are Black Hawk helicopters and A-29 Super Tucano attack aircraft.

Photos have also circulated of Taliban fighters clutching U.S.-made M4 carbines and M16 rifles instead of their iconic AK-47s. And the militants have been spotted with U.S. Humvees and mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles.

18.08.2021 - 18:43 [ HindustanTimes.com ]

Former Afghan President Hamid Karzai holds talks with senior Taliban leader

A Taliban commander and senior leader of the Haqqani Network militant group, Anas Haqqani, met for talks with former Afghan President Hamid Karzai, a Taliban official told Reuters on Wednesday. Karzai was accompanied by Abdullah Abdullah, the head of the Afghan National Reconciliation Council.

18.08.2021 - 17:44 [ Standard.co.uk ]

Afghanistan’s president Ashraf Ghani revealed to be in United Arab Emirates after fleeing ‘with helicopter full of cash’

A spokesman for the Russian embassy in Kabul, Nikita Ishchenko, was quoted as saying: “The collapse of the regime…is most eloquently characterised by how Ghani escaped from Afghanistan: four cars were filled with money, they tried to shove another part of the money into a helicopter, but not everything fit.

Asked by the Associated Press about how he knew the details of Ghani’s departure, Mr Ishchenko said “well, we are working here,” without offering any more details.