German Chancellor Friedrich Merz will travel to Israel on December 6 and 7 for his first official visit since taking office, a German government spokesperson said on Friday.
Archiv: Popularität / Ansehen / Glaubwürdigkeit von Staaten / internationalen Institutionen / popularity / reputation / trustworthiness of nation states / international institutions
Germany: Resumption of arms transfers to Israel reckless, unlawful and risks complicity in Israel’s international crimes
(November 24, 2025)
“Germany’s decision to lift its partial suspension of weapons shipments to Israel is reckless, unlawful and sends entirely the wrong message to Israel: that it can continue committing genocide, war crimes, and apartheid against Palestinians and unlawfully occupy the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza without fear of consequence.
“Germany is one of Israel’s major arms suppliers. The partial and long overdue suspension of arms transfers by Germany was one of the few forms of meaningful pressure applied by the international community to Israel’s genocide against Palestinians in Gaza.
“Now is absolutely not the time to ease this pressure. On the contrary, this is the time to ensure that Israel stops its violations of international law, including its unlawful occupation as indicated by the International Court of Justice in July 2024 and agreed by the UN General Assembly. Regrettably, with this move, Germany is going down a dangerous path that must be immediately reversed and must not be followed by other states.
Bundesregierung will wieder Waffenexporte nach Israel genehmigen
(November 17, 2025)
Die Waffenruhe in Gaza nimmt die Bundesregierung zum Anlass, den Genehmigungsstopp für Rüstungsgüter aus dem Sommer rückgängig zu machen. Dabei hatte das VG Berlin damit gerade erst die Abweisung zweier Waffenlieferungsklagen begründet.
What Did Palestine Action Do to be Named Terrorists?
Shortly after midnight on June 20, activists from Palestine Action cut through the outer fence of Brize Norton and sped across the tarmac on electric scooters.
Undetected by guards, they proceeded to spray red paint into the turbines of two Voyager aircraft, used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) for air-to-air refueling and strategic air transport missions. Crowbars were also reportedly used.
Three days later, Britain’s home secretary Yvette Cooper told parliament that she had decided to proscribe Palestine Action under Section 3 of the Terrorism Act.
Arrest of top whistleblower shows extent of Israeli impunity over torture of Palestinian detainees
The arrest of Tomer-Yerushalmi, who was, until her resignation last week, Israel’s military advocate general, is the latest development in a dramatic scandal that has been unfolding since February 2024.
It started with a complaint filed by a doctor who had served in the medical facility next to the Sde Teiman detention camp in the Negev desert in southern Israel. Professor Yoel Donchin reported that a detainee appeared to have been a victim of a severe assault. The detainee arrived at the hospital showing signs of beating and possible brutal sexual assault.
Both sides of the Sde Teiman leak debate reflect Israel’s moral decay
(November 7, 2025)
Over the past two years, Maj. Gen. Tomer-Yerushalmi — the official responsible for all internal investigations and legal enforcement in the Israeli army — has almost entirely refrained from probing the countless, well-documented allegations against its soldiers. The Sde Teiman guards’ crime, however, as captured in the leaked video, was apparently so blatant and grotesque that authorities had no choice but to issue indictments.
When Israeli military police arrived at Sde Teiman to arrest the suspects, however, they were met by right-wing rioters and soldiers, including several members of Knesset hiding behind their immunity. Attempting to block the arrests, they insisted that the perpetrators did nothing wrong and that their actions were merely part of the Israeli war effort.
Tomer-Yerushalmi leaked the video of the rape soon after, and it quickly spread online. Protests by right-wing Israelis in support of the abusers grew in turn. But while many around the world were aghast at what could only be described as “right to rape” protests, the discussion in Israel quickly faded in favor of daily news of “successes” on the Gazan front. The case was largely forgotten for months, until the investigation into the video’s leak was announced last week.
Israeli media airs footage showing alleged sexual abuse of Palestinian detainee – video
(August 8, 2024)
A spokesperson for Israel’s embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters.
The Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz spoke to Yoel Donchin, the doctor who treated the prisoner in the incident who said he suffered from „a ruptured bowel, a severe injury to his anus, lung damage and broken ribs“.
Israeli military‘s top lawyer resigns over leak of video allegedly showing abuse of Palestinian detainee
(October 31, 2025)
After her resignation was accepted by the chief of staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Katz put out a statement welcoming the decision.
„Anyone who spreads blood libels against IDF troops is unfit to wear the army‘s uniform,“ he said.
The leaked video was broadcast on the Israeli Channel 12 news in August 2024.
The footage shows soldiers at Sde Teiman taking aside a detainee, then surrounding him with riot shields to block visibility while he was stabbed in the rectum with a sharp object. The detainee was treated for severe injuries.
Clear evidence of brutal torture: Condition of Palestinian bodies released from Israeli prisons demands urgent int’l investigation
(October 16, 2025)
Euro-Med Monitor’s field team monitored the Israeli authorities’ handover of the bodies of 120 Palestinians from the Gaza Strip through the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), delivered in three consecutive batches: 45 on Tuesday, 45 on Wednesday, and 30 on Thursday, including dozens of unidentified remains.
Medical examinations, forensic reports, and observations by the field team revealed conclusive evidence that many victims were killed after being detained. Their bodies bore clear marks of hanging, rope imprints around their necks, injuries from close-range gunfire, bound hands and feet with plastic restraints, and blindfolds. Some bodies were crushed under tank tracks, while others showed severe signs of physical torture, fractures, burns, and deep wounds.
Dr. Munir Al-Bursh, Director General of the Ministry of Health in Gaza, said: “The bodies we received were bound like animals, blindfolded, and bore horrific signs of torture and burns that reveal the extent of the crimes committed in secret. They did not die naturally; they were executed after being restrained. These people were not buried underground, they were kept in the occupation’s refrigerators for long months.”
Lift The Ban – November 2025 Action
Locations for the November wave have now been announced, with actions to take place across the UK on two key dates (18th and 29th November), as well as four actions in London (20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th November) and one in the North of Ireland (22nd November). All actions will take place in central locations per town/city.
Read the all important Action Briefing Document here for full details as they emerge (this is a Live document, please check back regularly for info and changes) – taking action in Scotland? Please read the Scotland-specific Action Briefing Document as the law is slightly different there.
Lift the Ban – November
• Defend Our Juries are hosting a series of Open Calls as we approach the November 2025 National wave of action.
• Open Calls will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting on November 4th. Calls go live at 6:30pm via the button below.
• (note: the button will only go live once the call is active – refresh this if the button appears greyed-out after 6:30pm on the dates specified.)
Netanyahu Is Blowing Up the Gaza Ceasefire — and Trump Is the One Losing Face
(October 28, 2025)
According to The Associated Press, Israel notified the Trump administration before conducting Tuesday’s strikes — presenting the question of whether the U.S. would hold Netanyahu accountable for the latest round of ceasefire violations.
New Yorkers Confront ICE and Homeland Security Agents During Chinatown Raid
(October 22, 2025)
Tensions boiled over in Chinatown as furious New Yorkers clashed with ICE and Homeland Security agents during a street vendor crackdown Tuesday night. Video shows protesters chanting “shame” and confronting officers as agents shoved back and cleared the way for federal vehicles. Mayor Eric Adams later stressed that the NYPD had no part in the operation, saying the city doesn’t cooperate with federal deportations.
Protests erupt as Ice agents conduct raids in New York City‘s Chinatown
An immigration enforcement sweep targeting vendors on Canal Street in the Chinatown district of New York City turned chaotic on Tuesday, as bystanders and protesters surrounded federal agents and attempted to block them from carrying out raids
ICE agents raided Chinatown’s Canal Street on Tuesday afternoon, detaining several street vendors in an operation that drew immediate and fierce backlash from bystanders and immigrant advocates.
(October 21, 2025)
Forensic teams uncover signs of torture, decomposition on bodies returned by Israel
Forensic teams have reported horrific conditions endured by these Palestinians. Some of the bodies show visible signs of torture, while others have arrived in a decomposed state. This raises serious questions about the circumstances of their deaths, as Israel has not provided further details regarding their ages, names or how they died.
At the moment, the Health Ministry is continuing ground preparations, and it is possible the burials will take place in the city of Deir el-Balah.
Forensic tests confirm torture on bodies of 54 Palestinians returned by Israel, says Gaza officials
Gaza authorities condemned these acts, describing them as „horrific crimes,“ and called on international organisations to pursue justice. The statement urged global institutions to hold those responsible for these „massacres“ accountable under international law.
Colombia’s Leader Accuses U.S. of Murder, Prompting Trump to Halt Aid
(October 19, 2025)
President Gustavo Petro said a U.S. strike in the Caribbean had killed a fisherman. President Trump said he would cut aid and impose new tariffs on Colombian imports.
US strike in Caribbean kills Colombian fisherman, stoking sovereignty row
(October 19, 2025)
Colombian President Gustavo Petro said on Saturday that the United States had violated Colombia’s sovereignty over its waters and killed a fisherman during its recent anti-drug trafficking military campaign in the Caribbean.
“US government officials have committed murder and violated our sovereignty in our territorial waters. Fisherman Alejandro Carranza had no ties to drug traffickers and his daily activity was fishing,” the leftist leader said on social media.
US assassinated fisherman in Colombian waters, family says
(October 19, 2025)
The US military assassinated at least one fisherman from Colombia’s Caribbean coast and falsely accused him of being a drug trafficker, the alleged victim’s family told public television network RTVC.
In an interview, Audenis Manjarres said that her cousin, Alejandro Carranza, never came home after he went fishing on September 14.
Colombian President Accuses US of ‘Murdering’ Fisherman In Boat Strike
(October 19, 2025)
Colombia‘s president, Gustavo Petro, has accused Washington of „murder“ after the U.S. military struck an alleged drug-trafficking vessel last month.
Petro said the White House had violated the South American country‘s sovereignty and killed a Colombian fisherman, named by the president as Alejandro Carranza. Colombian media reported Carranza was onboard a boat targeted by U.S. forces on September 15.
Venezuelan minister: T&T citizens killed by the US speaks volumes
In the message posted on his X account, Castillo wrote the following: “They ask T&T citizens to stay close to the coast because at sea they can be bombed by their American allies. This is not a joke; it speaks volumes.”
Two T&T citizens were killed last Tuesday by the United States’ Government, following an attack on a vessel sailing in the Caribbean Sea.
The victims were fishermen and lived in Las Cuevas. One of them was identified as 26-year-old Chad Joseph, and the other victim was known as Rishi Samaroo.
Fishermen terrified following latest US bombing at sea, says Aboud
“People are terrified at the risk of being killed at sea,” he observed. “Personally, I am very upset with our national position of bringing American warships and allowing them to by-pass the judicial process.”
“We have law and order. We are a civilised nation. Yet we have adopted and given blessing to warmongering murderers to come into our territory and kill people outside of the judicial process,” Aboud said.
NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela
Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.
“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.
Trinidadian Family Says U.S. Military Killed Relative in Boat Attack
Chad Joseph, a 26-year-old from Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in Venezuela in recent months, told his family he would soon be taking a short boat ride back home.
He has yet to return, and now his family fears the worst.
On Thursday, his name spread across social media, with users saying that he was one of six people aboard a suspected drug vessel that had been blown up by the U.S. military this week.
Polish activists return from Gaza flotilla, denounce Israeli ‘brutality’ and Warsaw’s inaction
The delegation, arriving on a flight from Athens, included ruling Civic Platform (PO) lawmaker Franciszek Sterczewski, activists Omar Faris and Nina Ptak, and journalist Ewa Jasiewicz. Faris, Ptak, and Sterczewski were deported to Greece on Monday, while Jasiewicz had left Israel earlier.
Sterczewski sharply criticized both Israel and Poland’s foreign minister, Radoslaw Sikorski.(…)
“They treated us absolutely brutally. For several hours, I’m 73 years old, they tied my hands behind my back and put me on rocks,” Faris said.
He added that during interrogation in an Israeli prison, the activists were questioned about possible links to Hamas. “Our problem is the occupation, which began 42 years before the founding of Hamas,” he said. “You won’t be able to kill us. And we don’t want to kill you either. We want a solution like in South Africa — a democratic state for all, regardless of religion.”
Netanyahu’s office publishes photos of Witkoff and Kushner at cabinet meeting
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office publishes photos of the premier alongside US President Donald Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner, as they participate in the full cabinet meeting where ministers are due to vote on the first phase of Trump’s plan to end the war in Gaza.
Bundeswehr und BKA bauen Zusammenarbeit mit Israel aus
Auf Arbeitsebene finden zwischen Israel und Deutschland militärische »Fach- und Expertengespräche« in verschiedenen Bereichen statt, ein Schwerpunkt liegt laut dem Verteidigungsministerium derzeit »auf Logistik, Neubeschaffung, Operation, Erhebung und Ermittlung sowie Gefangenenwesen«. (…)
An einem nicht näher genannten konkreten Fall hat das BKA der israelischen Delegation außerdem den Einsatz von Virtual Reality bei einer Tatortbegehung vorgeführt. Am zweiten Tag demonstrierte das BKA seine Entwicklungen zu künstlicher Intelligenz – zu diesem Thema hatte die Behörde in Wiesbaden vor einem Jahr ihre gesamte Herbsttagung gewidmet. Im Mittelpunkt stand dabei Gesichtserkennung.
Greta Thunberg Alleges Torture During Detention in Israeli Prison After Gaza Flotilla Arrest
Thunberg told a news conference in Stockholm that she and others were „kidnapped and tortured“ by the Israeli military.
She declined to elaborate, adding when pressed that she didn‘t get clean water and that other detainees were deprived of critical medication.
Israel‘s foreign ministry did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment but has repeatedly denied mistreating the detainees.
Germany: Activists brave Berlin‘s police despite last-minute ban on Gaza protest
Despite being scheduled in advance and approved by Berlin’s government, the city implemented a last-minute ban without providing an explanation.
As protesters were removed from the crowd by the police, others remained, shouting “We will not be silenced” – words that pro-Palestinian activists in Berlin have shouted countless times over the last two years.
Berlin: Polizeigewalt gegen Gaza-Aktivisten
Aufnahmen aus Berlin zeigen, wie Polizisten pro-palästinensische Demonstranten gewaltsam abführen. Berichten zufolge kam es am Dienstagabend zu Polizeigewalt, nachdem eine Gaza-Demo wenige Stunden vor Beginn von der Versammlungsbehörde verboten worden war.
EXCLUSIVE: Freed Flotilla Activist David Adler Details His ‘Violent Abduction’ by Israel
Watch the full conversation above or on YouTube to also hear David discuss his treatment as a Jewish activist receiving “special interrogation by Ben-Gvir” and the US’s lack of response to his illegal detention.
I Spent Five Days in Israel’s Desert Prison
People were taken individually out of their cells and regularly beaten, handcuffed, ankle-cuffed, and left in solitary confinement. This happened many times over many days. We were denied the most basic things, like critical access to insulin for diabetic detainees that were part of the flotilla. In short, we were treated as terrorists, just as national security minister Itamar Ben-Gvir had promised.
From the first moment that we stepped onto that tarmac after interception, we were violently forced onto our knees into positions of submission. The two Jews of the flotilla were taken by the rear and ripped from the group for a photo op with Ben-Gvir — staring at the flag of the State of Israel and taunted by his goons. Thus began a five-day nightmare of serial and systematic violation of our most basic rights. Reports varied from the different cellblocks. But one report that is consistent is that we were all denied food and water. At all times, we were denied access to medicine based on the whims of individual officers working shifts.
(…)
Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the treatment that Palestinians endure every single day. Eleven thousand of them are in indefinite detention at the moment, including in the same internment camp where we were held as terrorists by Israel.