Archiv: Jordanien / Jordan


13.10.2025 - 22:23 [ NewArab.com ]

UK quietly hosts talks on Gaza reconstruction

The Palestinian Authority was represented along with officials from countries such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Germany and Italy, the UK prime minister‘s office said.

Officials from the World Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development were also attending to support what Falconer called an Arab Reconstruction Plan.

11.10.2025 - 00:43 [ Reuters ]

Europeans, Arabs flesh out Gaza transition ideas to weigh on Trump plan

Trump‘s plan also calls for an international stabilisation force, and that was core to much of Thursday‘s discussions, including establishing a United Nations mandate for a peacekeeping force, officials said.

Diplomats said a number of countries had expressed interest in taking part, including Indonesia, which was represented on Thursday, but also Italy and Azerbaijan.

09.10.2025 - 20:15 [ BBC ]

Arab and European nations meet in Paris for next stage of peace plan

The meeting in France involves France, Germany and the UK, known as the E3, plus Spain and is expected to last around two hours.

Representatives from what is known as the Arab Quint are also there – Egypt, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan.
(…)
Sir Tony is to sit on President Trump’s Board of Peace – part of the intended architecture of the peace plan.

30.09.2025 - 00:45 [ Middle East Eye ]

Eight Arab and Muslim nations endorse Trump‘s plan for Gaza

Eight Arab and Muslim nations released a statement on Monday backing US President Donald Trump‘s plan to end Israel‘s genocide in Gaza and establish an international peace keeping force there.

The countries are: Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Indonesia and Pakistan.

10.09.2025 - 14:42 [ Middle East Eye ]

Arab leaders head to Qatar after deadly Israeli strike on Doha

Regional leaders are rushing to Qatar in the wake of Israel’s deadly strike on Doha in a show of support.

Jordan’s Crown Prince Hussein and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed are expected to land in the Qatari capital today, Reuters reported.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is scheduled to follow on Thursday, underscoring the gravity of Israel’s attack and the regional outrage it has provoked.

30.08.2025 - 16:23 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel sees Sykes-Picot borders as ‚meaningless‘, US envoy Tom Barrack says

A billionaire real estate investor, Barrack, like his boss at the White House, has chaffed at the traditional US foreign policy establishment – including its preference for maintaining quiet ties with American establishment media. Instead, he has given shoot-from-the-hip style interviews.

On Thursday, he called himself an “events-driven mercenary”.

“What’s going on in Gaza makes the rest of the Arab world totally freaked out,” Barrack said.

“In Israel’s mind, these lines that were created by Sykes-Picot are meaningless. They will go where they want, when they want, and do what they want to protect the Israelis and their borders,” Barrack said.

14.08.2025 - 13:18 [ Business-Standard.com ]

Arab League condemns Benjamin Netanyahu‘s ‚Greater Israel‘ remarks

The League considered these statements to be a violation of the sovereignty of Arab states and an attempt to undermine security and stability in the region.

In a statement released Tuesday, the League said these remarks represent a serious threat to collective Arab national security and a flagrant challenge to international law and the principles of international legitimacy. The statements also reflect expansionist and aggressive intentions that cannot be accepted or tolerated, and they reveal an extremist mindset steeped in colonial delusions.

13.08.2025 - 16:01 [ Middle East Eye ]

Netanyahu says backs ‚Greater Israel‘, which includes parts of Jordan and Egypt

Similar views have been echoed by ministers within Netanyahu‘s government.

Last year, in a documentary, Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich was filmed advocating for the expansion of Israeli borders to include Damascus.

He suggested that Israel would gradually grow to encompass not only all Palestinian territories but also parts of Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

13.08.2025 - 15:37 [ Times of Israel ]

Netanyahu says he’s on a ‘historic and spiritual mission,’ also feels a connection to vision of Greater Israel

(August 12, 2025)

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tells i24 he feels he is on a “historic and spiritual mission,” and that he is “very” attached to the vision of a Greater Israel, which includes areas slated for a future Palestinian state and possibly also areas that are part of present-day Jordan and Egypt.

The interviewer Sharon Gal, who was briefly a right-wing member of Knesset, gifts to Netanyahu what he says is an amulet of “a map of the Promised Land.”

03.08.2025 - 12:06 [ AmmonNews.net ]

Jordan, UAE carry out two new airdrops on Gaza

(July 31, 2025)

This is a continuation of the Kingdom‘s joint humanitarian efforts to support the Palestinians amid the difficult circumstances facing the Gaza Strip.

21.07.2025 - 07:26 [ Middle East Eye ]

Jordanian father mourns son killed in Gaza while trying to get food aid for his family

A Jordanian citizen stranded in Gaza with his family, condemned the Jordanian government and foreign ministry for their failure to evacuate his family from the besieged strip amid ongoing war and humanitarian collapse. His plea came after his son, Hisham Mundhir Fusifis, was killed while attempting to obtain food for his starving siblings at the US aid points.

16.06.2025 - 19:48 [ Jerusalem Post ]

Public condemnation, private interest: Arab world response to Israel‘s Iran strikes – opinion

Therefore, although it is still too early to disclose the full extent of Arab involvement, there are indications that Israel operated over the airspace of Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria – the latter likely without its knowledge or consent.

Jordanian fighter jets intercepted Iranian drones over Jordanian territory.

It is also reasonable to assume that the regional air system, established following the Abraham Accords and Israel’s inclusion in the US Central Command (CENTCOM) – known as the Middle East Air Defense – was activated to intercept Iranian drones, as it was during Iran’s two previous attacks in April and October 2024.

15.05.2025 - 14:34 [ Middle East Eye ]

Exclusive: Jordan profited up to $400,000 per Gaza aid airdrop, sources say

(May 8, 2025)

Sources say the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization (JHCO), an official body overseeing humanitarian aid into Gaza, has coordinated with Israeli authorities to act as the sole conduit for aid passing through Jordan.

MEE spoke with sources from international aid organisations and people with direct knowledge of the JHCO’s operations.

One source said much of the aid attributed to the JHCO in fact originates from foreign governments and NGOs, both Jordanian and international, while direct contributions from the Jordanian state are negligible.

Jordanian authorities have demanded $2,200 for every aid truck entering Gaza, according to two NGO sources and two others familiar with the scheme.

The fee, aid organisations were told by the JHCO, is paid directly to the Jordanian Armed Forces.

In addition, Jordan has charged between $200,000 and $400,000 per airdrop over Gaza, the sources said.

07.05.2025 - 17:15 [ Jordan Times ]

Jordan welcomes Oman-brokered Yemen ceasefire, urges diplomatic solutions

In a statement on Tuesday, the ministry praised the diplomatic efforts of the brotherly Sultanate of Oman, which played a key role in mediating the agreement. The ministry emphasised that the deal marks a significant move toward de-escalating conflict in the region

18.03.2025 - 15:13 [ Jordan Times ]

Hassan denounces Israel‘s attack on Gaza, calls for int‘l intervention to stop bloodshed

AMMAN – Prime Minister Jafar Hassan described Israel‘s aggression on Gaza as an „attack on humanity,“ calling for an international intervention to stop the bloodshed.

09.03.2025 - 03:04 [ Middle East Eye ]

France, Germany, Italy and UK back Arab plan for Gaza reconstruction

The foreign ministers of France, Germany, Italy and the UK have said they support the Egypt-led Arab plan for the reconstruction of Gaza.

„The plan shows a realistic path to the reconstruction of Gaza and promises – if implemented – swift and sustainable improvement of the catastrophic living conditions for the Palestinians living in Gaza,“ the ministers said in a joint statement on Saturday.

09.03.2025 - 02:58 [ Middle East Eye ]

What is Egypt’s $53bn plan for Gaza reconstruction?

(March 4, 2025)

According to the plan, Egypt and Jordan will train Palestinian police forces in preparation for their deployment in Gaza.

The plan, however, states that this effort may include other countries in the future to provide political and financial support.

Then it proposes that the United Nations Security Council should consider the idea of “an international presence” in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip.

This, the plan states, could involve the deployment of international protection or peacekeeping forces, as part of the rebuilding process.

21.02.2025 - 18:55 [ Egypt Today ]

Egypt’s Sisi returns home after participating in Riyadh‘s meeting on Palestinian issue

CAIRO – 21 February 2025: President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi has departed from the Saudi capital, Riyadh, returning to Egypt after attending an informal meeting focused on the Palestinian issue.

The meeting saw the participation of the leaders of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Jordan.

20.02.2025 - 20:47 [ Saudi Gazette ]

Crown Prince convenes meeting of leaders of Gulf, Egypt and Jordan in Riyadh on Friday

RIYADH — Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman will hold an informal fraternal meeting with leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, King Abdullah II of Jordan, and Egypt‘s President Abdel Fattah El Sisi in Riyadh on Friday, Feb. 21. The meeting follows an invitation extended by the Crown Prince to these leaders, the Saudi Press Agency reported quoting an official Saudi source.

This meeting comes within the context of the special friendly meetings that have been held periodically for many years between the leaders of the GCC, Jordan and Egypt, the source said.

19.02.2025 - 08:49 [ Middle East Eye ]

Egypt says Trump backs its Gaza plan, convinced by Jordan‘s king

The official confirmed that Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is set to travel to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, likely on Thursday, to discuss Egypt’s plan for post-war Gaza governance. (…)

The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that the Egyptian plan would not include Hamas or the PA. The report said it would involve a police force made up of PA policemen who remained in Gaza after 2007, when Hamas won legislative elections and took control of the enclave.

MEE reported in May that Hamas was prepared to show „flexibility“ about the future governance of Gaza, stating its condition was that Gaza’s fate was agreed upon by other Palestinian factions and not imposed by either the United States or Israel.

12.02.2025 - 12:45 [ CBS News ]

Trump pushes Gaza plan in meeting with Jordan‘s King Abdullah II

„I don‘t have to threaten that. I do believe we‘re above that,“ Mr. Trump said. That contradicted his previous suggestion that holding back aid was a possibility.

12.02.2025 - 12:29 [ Le Monde ]

Gaza: Trump forces King Abdullah II of Jordan into diplomatic contortions

There was something painful about watching Jordanian King Abdullah II at the White House on Tuesday, February 11, his eyes nervously twitching as he tried not to upset his host, Donald Trump. Journalists asked him, several times over: Was his country, Jordan, ready to receive a part of the Gazan population on its soil, as the American president wants to remove them from Palestinian territory?

The king refused to answer. In his impeccable English, he cautiously took refuge behind Egypt‘s broader international stature.

12.02.2025 - 12:14 [ Middle East Eye ]

Jordan‘s King Abdullah avoids contradicting Trump‘s claim to authority over Gaza

“I think we have to keep in mind that there is a plan from Egypt and the Arab countries,” Abdullah said when prompted to speak by the president.

“We‘re being invited by [Crown Prince] Mohammed bin Salman to discussions in Riyadh..“

12.02.2025 - 12:10 [ Jordan Times ]

King, US president hold talks in White House

His Majesty King Abdullah reiterated during talks with US President Donald Trump at the White House on Tuesday, that he will put Jordan’s interests above all else.

Speaking to journalists before bilateral talks with the US president, His Majesty stressed that achieving stability, peace and prosperity in the region is a collective responsibility.

The King said Egypt and Arab countries will present a plan on Gaza, noting that it is important to find a solution that takes everyone’s interests into consideration, including peoples in the region and especially the Jordanian people, according to a Royal Court statement.

11.02.2025 - 16:51 [ New York Times ]

Trump to Meet Jordan’s King as Gaza Truce Hangs in the Balance

The future of the cease-fire in Gaza, along with the territory’s long-term fate, hung in the balance on Tuesday as President Trump prepared to meet with King Abdullah II of Jordan …

08.02.2025 - 08:22 [ Jordan Times ]

United against displacement – Standing with you, King Abdullah

In light of the ongoing conflicts and tensions sweeping the Middle East, the issue of displacement emerges as one of the most prominent challenges facing peoples and nations. In Jordan, the people demonstrate their steadfast support for the policies pursued by His Majesty King Abdullah and his loyal Crown Prince, in their categorical rejection of any form of forced displacement and their call for a two-state solution as a just and lasting solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

03.02.2025 - 03:42 [ CNN ]

Arab nations reject Trump’s call to relocate Gazans to neighboring countries

The foreign ministers of Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Egypt issued a wide-ranging statement Saturday, saying they hoped to work with Trump on a two-state solution in the Middle East.

But they pushed back on Trump’s suggestion to relocate Palestinians from Gaza. Without specifically referencing the president’s proposal, the ministers reiterated a commitment to rebuilding the enclave while ensuring “the continued presence of Palestinians in their homeland.”

31.01.2025 - 15:12 [ Jordan Times ]

Jordan faces the plan to displace Palestinians: Challenges and diplomatic moves

The challenges facing Jordan in this context are multiple, most notably the political pressures that may be exerted by the United States and some Western powers to show some flexibility towards this file. In addition, any new wave of displacement may lead to internal tensions, given the sensitivity of the demographic balance in the Kingdom.

The economic impacts cannot be ignored, as Jordan suffers from increasing financial challenges, and any increase in the number of refugees will exacerbate the pressure on resources and infrastructure. In addition, the security aspect constitutes a major concern, as the influx of large numbers of displaced persons could lead to complex security repercussions, especially in light of the tense conditions in the region.

28.01.2025 - 12:39 [ Jordan Times ]

The solution lies in just peace, not displacement

Jordan‘s posture on the Palestinian question has always been firm and clear: Jordan is not, and will never be, an alternative homeland for Palestinians.

This position is not merely a political statement but a historical commitment rooted in the principle of justice and the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people. Jordan rejects any attempt to liquidate the Palestinian cause or deny the rights of Palestinians under whatsoever pretext.

28.01.2025 - 12:08 [ Middle East Eye ]

Trump reiterates wish to move Gazans to Egypt, Jordan

„I’ve helped him [el-Sisi] a lot and I hope he’ll help us. I think he’ll do it [take in Palestinians] and the king of Jordan will do it too,“ he added.

26.01.2025 - 18:02 [ Caitlin Johnstone ]

Trump Reveals Plan For The Ethnic Cleansing Of Gaza

Well that didn’t take long.

26.01.2025 - 17:48 [ Associated Press ]

Trump wants Jordan and Egypt to accept more Palestinian refugees and floats plan to ‘clean out’ Gaza

Trump has built his political career around being unapologetically pro-Israel. On his larger vision for Gaza, Trump said he had call earlier in the day with King Abdullah II of Jordan and would speak Sunday with President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi of Egypt.

“I’d like Egypt to take people,” Trump said. “You’re talking about probably a million and a half people, and we just clean out that whole thing and say, ‘You know, it’s over.’”