Additionally, Katz says that his position, whereby officers who served in the Southern Command on October 7 will not be promoted, “remains unchanged.” This comes after Zamir ruled that there was no issue with the promotion of three senior officers, whose promotions were previously held up or canceled by Katz.
Archiv: Verzögerungen / Hinhaltetaktik / Verschleppung / Schweigen / Nichtstun / bürokratischer Widerstand / delay / stalling / inaction / silence / retardation / bureaucratic resistance / tactics
Israel’s army chief dismisses officers for ‘failure to prevent’ 7 October attack
(November 23, 2025)
Israeli chief of staff Eyal Zamir on Sunday dismissed senior officers in the military over „failure to prevent“ the 7 October 2023 attack by Hamas, local media reported.
Zamir ended the service of several retired generals, including the former Military Intelligence chief Aharon Haliva, former Southern Command chief Yaron Finkelman, and former Operations Directorate chief Oded Basyuk, according to the public broadcaster KAN.
The report said that Zamir also dismissed Gaza Division reserve commander Avi Rosenfeld, while the division’s intelligence officer was expelled from the army altogether.
Protesters in Tel Aviv, including opposition leaders, demand Oct. 7 state inquiry
(November 22, 2025)
The protest was organized for the second straight week by the October Council, which is made up of families who lost loved ones in the Hamas-led October 7, 2023, attack and are demanding a state probe.
In attendance was former prime minister Naftali Bennett, who is considered the most credible challenger to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Also at the protest were Opposition Leader Yair Lapid, and MKs Benny Gantz, Gadi Eisenkot and Yair Golan, all of whom lead centrist or left-wing parties opposed to Netanyahu.
To uncover the truth: Bereaved families establish the ‚October Council‘
(November 5, 2025)
„This issue is not political.“ I am a Zionist. We are a people who study and grapple with the truth. To this day, Jews sit in pairs every day and seek answers. Even to the most difficult questions. There is no disagreement here; we all want to learn from our experience of October 7th. I join the 85% of Israeli citizens who are calling for the establishment of an immediate and proper state commission of inquiry to investigate everything and everyone.
High Court orders government to explain why it’s not launching Oct. 7 state inquiry
The court demanded to know why the government is not exercising its authority to establish such a commission, which could “examine in an independent, professional, and impartial manner” the events surrounding the October 7 attacks.
Preliminary orders switch the burden of proof from the petitioner, in this case several liberal watchdog groups, to the respondent — the government — and indicate that the court is taking the petitions very seriously.
The government has until January 4 to respond.
White House calls a lid, offering no update on Epstein bill
When CNN asked whether the president had received the bill or whether any timing had been set, officials did not respond.
“I have nothing to add today,” Miller told reporters when pressed for an update on the legislation.
Survivors await Trump‘s signing of Epstein files bill
Legislation that would force the release of federal files related to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein is now only missing President Trump‘s signature. CBS News congressional correspondent Nikole Killion has more.
When could Trump sign bill to release Epstein files? Live updates
President Donald Trump is expected to sign the Epstein files bill later today, a White House official told USA TODAY.
The bill had not arrived at the White House as of Wednesday afternoon.
White House offers no timeline as Epstein bill awaits Trump’s signature
Trump had not decided Tuesday when he would sign the measure, a White House official told CNN at the time. And a senior White House official also told CNN that “the bill will be signed whenever it gets to the White House.”
But by Wednesday, the White House remained silent as the bill awaits the president’s signature.
Absconded Palestine Action Prisoner Speaks Out In Exclusive Novara Media Interview | #NovaraLIVE
Nov 13, 2025 Novara Live – NEW episodes every weekday 6pm UK
We speak to absconded Palestine Action prisoner Sean “Shibby” Middlebrough.
Here’s the Epstein bill’s possible path in the Senate
A Senate-passed bill without changes would go to President Donald Trump’s desk for his approval.
If the Senate were to amend it, the bill would moves to Trump’s desk after the Senate version was again passed by the House.
Trump has said he will sign the bill into law. But he could also change his mind and choose to veto the bill, which would then require a two-thirds vote to override the president’s veto. He could also decide not to act on the bill, allowing it to become law without his signature.
Jeffrey Epstein Senate vote poses difficult decision for GOP leader John Thune
(today, 06:00 AM ET)
GOP senators argued earlier this year that Congress doesn’t have the authority to “dictate” how the Justice Department should handle the issue.
A source familiar with Republican discussions around the plan for this week said the GOP leadership is waiting to see how much support the bill gets in the House, which is expected to vote as soon as Tuesday.
“We’ll likely watch what the House does and make decisions after that,” the source said.
‚SHARED CONCERNS WITH THUNE‘: Mike Johnson’s Big Signal On Senate ‘Stopping’ Epstein Petition
The Speaker also revealed he has spoken with Senate Majority Leader John Thune, saying the Senate is likely to slow things down and push amendments to ensure safeguards for victims before any release of the files.
Imran may stay behind bars in 2026 and beyond
(October 25, 2025)
Imran Khan and his spouse Bushra Bibi’s appeals against their conviction in the Al-Qadir Trust case have not yet been scheduled for hearing by the Islamabad High Court (IHC). Before that, the IHC must hear their plea seeking the suspension of their conviction, and there is no indication of when that will be taken up.
Under the policy announced by the IHC, such appeals are heard strictly in the order of filing. The IHC’s “Fixation Policy,” framed under the directions of the National Judicial Policy Making Committee (NJPMC), gives priority to older and more serious criminal cases, particularly those involving death sentences and life imprisonment.
Imran Khan’s appeal in the Al-Qadir Trust case, in which he and his wife were sentenced to 14 years, was filed on January 31, 2024 has not been fixed for hearing as yet.
Statement from Heba Muraisi
I knew that in order to win this fight, we had to engage the enemy’s main force, and here in the UK, that would be Elbit. It wasn’t a recruitment, but rather a conscious incorporation from my part: I became Palestine Action.
And now, from behind these steel walls and sensors, I will continue the fight and to resist. This is for the mothers who can’t bury their children, for the fathers who had to bury all of theirs. For the children who have no family left and too young to understand why. And for my family – who I don’t even know if they’ve made it out of Rafah.
I will not compromise until all demands are met. Long live the intifada.
Statement from Jony Cink
My whiteness and class status protect me from the worst of the British prison system. I often think of Palestinian prisoners in zionist torture dungeons, of my comrades punished for their faith, with imprints of fascist tendencies, that mature in British prisons, on their skin. We stand united by our desire for freedom. Shared, collective freedom, One that can only be achieved through relentless struggle. One that demands nothing short of justice.
It is with these principles in mind that I join a collective, open-ended hunger strike demanding cessation of all operations by Elbit Systems UK; immediate unconditional bail for all Prisoners for Palestine imprisoned before trial; right to a fair trial which can’t be conducted without the disclosure of all foreign and political interference in our cases; complete end to the use of terrorism legislation against those acting to stop a genocide; and an immediate end to censorship of all communication to and from prisons.
Statement from Teuta Hoxha
I join my dear comrades in the hunger strike, returning to this position with more patience and determination than previous. You need energy to fight your case. Prison tried to dissuade me last time. I remind them this is a witch hunt, not a fair fight, and that behind the arrests of dissenting voices under counterterrorism powers, holding us on remand without trial for nearly two years and targeting protesters who condemn Palestinian suffering, is the palpably desperate attempt to force us all under the imperial boot of submission. But not even these threats and abuse of powers can undo the awakening we’ve had and the deep-rooted solidarity with our Palestinian brothers and sisters. Labelling us as terrorists only adds salt to the moral injury forced upon us all by Britain’s complicity in the ongoing genocide in Palestine.
Exclusive: Absconded activist refuses to be “prisoner of war”
Middlebrough, whose trial date is set for April 2026 and who had already spent a year in pre-trial detention, was facing a total of over 18 months on remand, far exceeding the six-month pre-trial custody time limit.
“I am not on the run. I am merely being sensible, refusing to be held as a prisoner of war of Israel in a British prison,” Middlebrough said in a statement obtained and verified by The Electronic Intifada. “Outrageously, 23 of my heroic and honorable co-defendants remain in prison following our kidnapping by counterterrorism police.”
The British government proscribed Palestine Action as a “terrorist group” on 5 July of this year, prompting a rare protest against the UK from the UN, which called the the banning order a “disturbing misuse of UK counterterrorism legislation.”
Of his arrest, Middlebrough said police used counterterrorist tactics despite him not being charged with terror offenses.
“We were raided, our families detained and guns pointed at our heads despite not being charged with any terror offenses,” Middlebrough said in the statement. “The UN has condemned our treatment as likely ‘enforced disappearance,’ while my co-defendants are indefinitely detained before facing trial.”
Wife of British journalist arrested by ICE fears for his health after ‘medical emergency’ in custody
Sami Hamdi was arrested by agents at San Francisco International Airport on October 26 as part of the Trump administration’s ongoing immigration crackdown. Mr Hamdi, a 35-year-old father of three and an outspoken critic of Israel’s war in Gaza, was on a speaking tour of the US when he was held.
His wife, Soumaya Hamdi, told The Independent Monday that her husband’s health had deteriorated while in detention.
Sanft entsorgt
(30.03.2014)
Eine verschlüsselte Festplatte war im November 2011 dem BKA ausgehändigt worden.
Die Excel-Dateien und Filmkopien enthielten unter anderem Edathys Schicksalsdaten: Ab der Spalte 5.311 unter dem Buchstaben „S“ wie Sebastian befanden sich seine Bestellungen für Bilder nackter Jungen. Aber bis zu diesem Eintrag kam die Beamtin nicht. Sie blieb bei der groben Durchsicht bei Spalte 1123 hängen: Und war wie elektrisiert: Denn dort stand, unter dem Buchstaben „D“, der Name ihres BKA-Gruppenleiters.
‚Disappointing‘: ICJ grants Israel another extension in South Africa genocide case
On 29 December 2023, South Africa accused Israel, before the ICJ, of breaching the Genocide Convention of 1948.
The subsequent hearing, a couple of weeks later, drew huge attention as Israel’s war was formally challenged on the world stage for the first time since the start of the genocidal war.
For cases of such complexity, the ICJ often takes years to come to a judgement. ICJ experts have previously explained that the judgment is expected to be made by early 2028.
UAE’s Gargash says discussions ongoing on deployment of security personnel to Gaza
Anwar Gargash, the diplomatic adviser to the UAE president, has addressed the situation in Gaza during in an interview at the Reuters NEXT Gulf Summit in Abu Dhabi.
He said much work remains to ensure…
Venezuela denounces US „license to kill“ at the UN and demands answers
„So far, they‘ve carried out five lethal attacks, resulting in 27 deaths,“ he said, adding that some of the victims have been reported as Colombians, Venezuelans, and Trinidadians, so these actions „affect the entire region; it‘s not just a Venezuelan issue. The victims come from other countries as well.“
He warned about Donald Trump‘s threat to escalate these incidents into potential attacks on land targets, which violates the „provisions of Article 2.4 of the United Nations Charter, relating to the abstention from the use of force.“
Kamla, Defence Minister mum on 2 Trinis killed in US strike
As T&T and the wider Caribbean await an official response to reports that two nationals were among six people killed in a United States kinetic strike off Venezuela’s coast, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Defence Minister Wayne Sturge avoided questions from the media on the matter yesterday.
US advisers say efforts under way for international force in Gaza
The UN Security Council is expected to work on a resolution in the coming weeks that would set up a mandate for the force.
Returning hostage bodies from Gaza may take time, Red Cross says
„The search for human remains is obviously an even bigger challenge than having the people alive being released. That‘s a massive challenge,“ ICRC spokesperson Christian Cardon said at a Geneva press briefing, adding it could take days or weeks.
„I think there is clearly a risk that that will take much more time. What we are telling the parties is that that should be their top priority,“ he said on Tuesday.
The Geneva-based ICRC said it is providing an additional 23 staff, body bags and refrigerated vehicles to ensure the deceased are handled with respect and dignity within Gaza, which was reduced to widespread ruins by the war.
Israel says it‘s allowing half of agreed aid into Gaza, citing Hamas has not returned captives‘ bodies
Cogat said the restrictions were being taken because „Hamas violated the agreement regarding the release of the bodies of the hostages.“
Israel told UN it will reduce expected number of trucks into Gaza, UN spokesperson says
Olga Cherevko, a spokesperson for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Gaza, was asked by a reporter during a press briefing whether Israeli officials had informed the UN that the expected number of trucks would be delayed or reduced due to the number of hostages so far released.
In response, Cherevko said: “We have received this communication from the Israeli authorities and of course we continue to encourage the parties to adhere to the agreements that have been set out in the ceasefire parameters,” in comments first reported by Reuters.
Exclusive: Hamas says Israel’s ‘indiscriminate’ destruction of Gaza behind delay in locating captives‘ bodies
“They made it clear during the negotiations that time and great efforts will be needed after the withdrawal of the occupying Israeli forces, to collect information about the bodies,” said the source.
“This was clear and accepted during the negotiations. The signed agreement included a very clear clause about this. Clause 5 e in the agreement stated: ‘Establishment of an information-sharing mechanism between the two sides through the mediators and the ICRC, to exchange information and intelligence on any remaining deceased hostages that were not retrieved within the 72 hours or remains of Gazans held by Israel. The mechanism shall ensure that the remains of all the hostages are fully and safely exhumed and released. Hamas shall exert maximum effort to ensure the fulfilment of these commitments as soon as possible’”.
Fury grows in Israel over delayed release of deceased hostages
By Tuesday evening, just eight of the 28 deceased hostages still in Gaza had been released by Hamas, adding anguish to many families who watched the country celebrate the return of the living captives as a great success.
Under the ceasefire deal, Hamas had until 12:00 local time (4 a.m. ET) Monday to hand over all hostages to Israel – alive and deceased. Only four of the deceased – Guy Illouz, Yossi Sharabi, Bipin Joshi and Daniel Peretz – were released that evening.
Trump says „phase two“ of deal starts now but „the job is not done“
President Donald Trump declared Tuesday that “phase two” of the ceasefire deal between Hamas and Israel “begins right NOW,” but he said that “the job is not done” when calling for all dead hostages in Gaza to be returned.
“A big burden has been lifted, but the job IS NOT DONE. THE DEAD HAVE NOT BEEN RETURNED, AS PROMISED!” he wrote on Truth Social before going on to say that phase two is now beginning. The return of the hostage bodies, however, is part of phase one of the ceasefire deal.
WAR ON PALESTINE: Which part of the sentence “UN troops to Gaza” do you not understand?
(April 27, 2025)
– the militias of Hamas, Islamic Jijad and of every other armed group in Gaza lay down their weapons and try to explain why they were inviting the fascist regime of Israel to massacre over 50.000 people in Gaza, thousands in Lebanon, hundreds in the West Bank and scores in Yemen and and and…
– UN troops from, let‘s say, Algeria, South Africa, Nicaragua and Vietnam are marching into Gaza, with air defense systems shooting everything off the sky that has no feathers, in- and outgoing…
– end of genocidal war, occupation, ethnic cleansing, barbary and suffering in Gaza. And, for that matters, safety for the Israeli population, too. Because one thing has been undeniable proven: if it‘s about protecting them, they cannot rely on the Israeli military, spies and police…
– free, fair and safe elections in Gaza. (What do you think: will the Palestinians thank their noble „resistance“ for this nightmare at the ballot box? When they are free to speak their minds and there are armed and friendly UN soldiers standing before the electoral offices?)
– self-governance of Gaza, with – again – UN boots on the ground.
Netanyahu’s office publishes photos of Witkoff and Kushner at cabinet meeting
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office publishes photos of the premier alongside US President Donald Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner, as they participate in the full cabinet meeting where ministers are due to vote on the first phase of Trump’s plan to end the war in Gaza.