Daily Archives: 30. August 2025


30.08.2025 - 22:22 [ Nachrichtenagentur Radio Utopie ]

Support Radio Utopie on Patreon

To the real people out there: as mentioned, you can support Radio Utopie and this news agency on Patreon. That comes with a small monthly contribution.
To those who do that: thank you.

30.08.2025 - 20:42 [ EUObserver.com ]

Still no EU action on Israel, despite Gaza famine

Most Israel sanctions options – such as blacklisting settlers, banning settler imports, or imposing an arms embargo – required EU consensus, meaning the Czechs and Israel‘s other top EU ally, Hungary, would veto them.

Some options – such as freezing Horizon or Israel‘s EU free-trade perks – could be done by a qualified majority in the EU Council, but there was no majority without Germany and Italy on board.

30.08.2025 - 20:03 [ PeoplesDispatch.org ]

Venezuela mobilizes 4.5 million militia members as US deploys troops to the Caribbean

(August 20, 2025)

President Nicolás Maduro announced on Monday, August 18, that he is activating “over 4.5 million militia members across the entire national territory” of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, in response to the US deployment of three Navy guided-missile destroyers and 4,000 military personnel to the Caribbean. The White House has described the deployment as an anti-drug trafficking operation in the region, while some analysts have called it a new threat against Venezuela – the country with the largest oil reserves in the world.

The US military deployment comes after Washington raised its bounty on the Venezuelan president from USD 25 million to USD 50 million, alleging links to drug cartels.

30.08.2025 - 19:48 [ Junge Welt ]

Das imperiale Drehbuch bleibt gleich

(August 18, 2025)

USA stufen Venezuelas Präsidenten als Gefahr für nationale Sicherheit ein. Caracas warnt vor Intervention

30.08.2025 - 19:46 [ CBS News ]

U.S. guided-missile cruiser spotted crossing the Panama Canal after warships deployed to Venezuela

Washington has accused Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro of leading a drug cartel and has doubled the bounty for his capture to $50 million.

The U.S. has, however, made no public threat to invade Venezuela.

Caracas announced on Monday the deployment of 15,000 security forces to the Colombian border for anti-drug trafficking operations.

A day later, Venezuela announced that it would patrol its territorial waters with drones and navy ships.

30.08.2025 - 19:39 [ Middle East Eye ]

Over 63,370 killed in Gaza since start of genocide

Hospitals in Gaza have received the bodies of over 66 Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks over the past 24 hours.

This raises the death toll from Israel‘s genocide in Gaza to 63,371 since 7 October 2023, with an additional 159,835 Palestinians wounded.

30.08.2025 - 19:23 [ Saba.ye ]

President Al-Mashat mourns Prime Minister’s Death, warns Israel of “Dark Days” ahead

President Mahdi Al-Mashat, head of the Supreme Political Council, mourned the death of Prime Minister of the Government of Change and Construction, Ahmed Ghalib Al-Rahwi, and several of his companions who were killed in an Israeli strike last Thursday. He extended condolences to the victims’ families, the Yemeni people, and state institutions, hailing the fallen officials as examples of responsibility and service.

30.08.2025 - 19:20 [ New York Times ]

Houthis Say Prime Minister Was Killed in Israeli Attack

Israel killed the prime minister of the Houthi-controlled government in Yemen, Ahmed al-Rahawi, in an attack this past week that hit the capital, Sana, a Houthi spokesman said on Saturday. He was the most senior official in the Iranian-backed militant group to be killed in the conflict so far.

In a statement, the Houthi government said that a number of Mr. al-Rahawi’s colleagues were also killed and wounded, without naming them. It said Israel had attacked while they had gathered in Sana for a government workshop on Thursday afternoon.

30.08.2025 - 19:10 [ Middle East Eye ]

At least 63 Palestinians killed in Israeli raids on Gaza since dawn

Hospitals in Gaza say Israeli forces have killed at least 63 Palestinians in attacks across the besieged enclave since dawn.

Medical officials reported that 35 of those killed were in Gaza City, while 14 others were Palestinians seeking aid.

30.08.2025 - 19:08 [ Middle East Eye ]

At least 12 killed in Israeli attack on Gaza City bakery

Over a dozen Palestinians, mostly children, were reportedly killed in an Israeli strike on a popular bakery and a tent in al-Nasser area, west of Gaza City.

30.08.2025 - 18:36 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

U.S. Bans Visas for PA Ahead of UN General Assembly; ‘Trump Is an Enemy of Palestine’

According to Hadash MK Ayman Odeh, “In the end, only Israel and the US, perhaps along with Micronesia, will stand alone on the international stage, trying to defy the will of the majority of the world’s nations. Trump’s decision to prevent the Palestinians from participating in the UN General Assembly is yet another direct attack on the international order. But it doesn’t really change anything: the Palestinian people have the right to self-determination, just like any other people in the world. The whole world knows this and supports this fundamental right, and everyone who believes in justice and peace stands with the Palestinian people, now, more than ever.”

“Trump’s decision to ban Palestinians from the UN summit in New York is a full and direct attack on the UN and the international order. The US is an enemy of the Palestinian cause and is fully supportive of the genocidal settler Israeli government. The rest of the world, the UN, and all peace-loving peoples must resist this attack and stand by the Palestinian people. If it be – the UN conference should be held in Europe”, Hadash MK Aida Touma-Sliman agreed,

30.08.2025 - 18:20 [ TRTWorld.com ]

US visa ban on top Palestinian officials before UNGA sparks global condemnation

As UN host, Washington is obligated not to block delegates. While activists frequently demand visa bans on controversial leaders, the US rarely enforces such measures.

Exceptions include barring Sudan’s Omar al-Bashir in 2013 over ICC charges and forcing the General Assembly to meet in Geneva in 1988 when Yasser Arafat was refused entry.

30.08.2025 - 17:55 [ Wafa.ps ]

OIC condemns U.S. decision to deny visas for Palestinian delegation to UN General Assembly

RAMALLAH, August 30, 2025 (WAFA) – The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) expressed its deep regret over the US State Department‘s decision to deny the Palestinian delegation visas to participate in the 80th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York next month.

The OIC called on the US government to reconsider this discriminatory decision, which contravenes international law and the Headquarters Agreement it signed, and to fulfill its obligations under this agreement and respect the role of the United Nations as an inclusive platform for all states and their official representatives.

The OIC also called on all parties to the international community, particularly the United Nations, to take urgent action with the relevant US authorities to reverse this decision.

30.08.2025 - 17:54 [ Umair Malik / Twitter ]

this is the biggest blunder in American history. Mark my words

(December 9, 2023)

30.08.2025 - 17:28 [ Ksat.com ]

US revokes visas of Palestinian president and other officials ahead of UN General Assembly

The State Department said in a statement that Rubio also ordered some new visa applications from Palestinian officials, including those tied to the Palestine Liberation Organization, be denied.

“It is in our national security interests to hold the PLO and PA accountable for not complying with their commitments, and for undermining the prospects for peace,” the statement said.

30.08.2025 - 16:59 [ New York Times ]

The 109-Year-Old Pact That Looms Over European Moves to Recognize a Palestinian State

(August 3, 2025)

Speaking at the United Nations, the British foreign secretary, David Lammy, cited another century-old document in arguing that recognition would redress a historical injustice: the Balfour Declaration, issued a year after the signing of Sykes-Picot, which endorsed “the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.” It had a proviso that “nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine.”

30.08.2025 - 16:31 [ Wikipedia ]

Sykes-Picot-Abkommen

Das Sykes-Picot-Abkommen vom 16. Mai 1916 war eine geheime Übereinkunft zwischen den Regierungen Großbritanniens und Frankreichs, durch die deren koloniale Interessengebiete im Nahen Osten nach der erwarteten Niederlage des Osmanischen Reiches im Ersten Weltkrieg festgelegt wurden. Die arabischen Provinzen des Osmanischen Reiches wurden in vier permanente Einflusszonen aufgeteilt.

Das Abkommen wurde im November 1915 von dem französischen Diplomaten François Georges-Picot und dem britischen Diplomaten Mark Sykes ausgehandelt.

30.08.2025 - 16:23 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel sees Sykes-Picot borders as ‚meaningless‘, US envoy Tom Barrack says

A billionaire real estate investor, Barrack, like his boss at the White House, has chaffed at the traditional US foreign policy establishment – including its preference for maintaining quiet ties with American establishment media. Instead, he has given shoot-from-the-hip style interviews.

On Thursday, he called himself an “events-driven mercenary”.

“What’s going on in Gaza makes the rest of the Arab world totally freaked out,” Barrack said.

“In Israel’s mind, these lines that were created by Sykes-Picot are meaningless. They will go where they want, when they want, and do what they want to protect the Israelis and their borders,” Barrack said.

30.08.2025 - 15:59 [ Aurora Borealis / Twitter ]

Iron Cross with Star of David .. Video of the Luftwaffe Eurofighter Typhoon „Eagle Star 2.0“

(April 7, 2023)

30.08.2025 - 15:34 [ Bad Bonsai / Youtube ]

German Eurofighter Typhoon jets in the sky of Israel – Blue Flag 21 exercise with german airforce

(October 28, 2021)

With six Eurofighters and around 160 soldiers, the Air Force, under the leadership of the Tactical Air Force Squadron 31 „Boelcke“, takes part in the multinational air force exercise Blue Flag in Israel. be practiced air operations in a multinational group. In addition to the Israeli hosts, the air forces of the USA, India, Great Britain, France, Greece and Italy are also involved. With its open air space and its topography, which is largely below sea level, Israel offers the best training conditions for our pilots.

30.08.2025 - 15:13 [ Times of Israel ]

Germany buys $451m of defense tech from Israel’s Rafael, despite Gaza tensions

(August 27, 2025)

Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems on Tuesday announced a €358 million ($415 million) deal with the German Air Force for advanced targeting technology for fighter aircraft.

“The German parliament has authorized the procurement of 90 Litening 5 targeting pods for its Eurofighter Typhoon fleet,” the defense electronics company said in its announcement.

30.08.2025 - 13:46 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Krieg im Gazastreifen: Deutschland will Israel-Sanktionen nicht zustimmen

Ob der Sanktionsvorschlag der Kommission umgesetzt werden kann, hängt davon ab, ob er im Rat der Mitgliedstaaten die Unterstützung einer qualifizierten Mehrheit bekommt – das heißt: 15 der 27 EU-Staaten, die zusammen mindestens 65 Prozent der Bevölkerung der teilnehmenden Mitgliedstaaten repräsentieren, müssen zustimmen. Zuletzt fehlte nur noch die Unterstützung von Deutschland oder Italien. Alle anderen großen EU-Staaten und viele kleinere sind für die Strafmaßnahme.

30.08.2025 - 13:42 [ ZDFHeute,de ]

Außenministertreffen in Dänemark: Deutschland will Israel-Sanktion nicht zustimmen

Die vorgesehene Einstellung von Zusammenarbeit im Rahmen des Forschungsförderungsprogramms Horizon Europe sei eine Maßnahme, die vermutlich keinen Einfluss auf die politische Willensbildung und auf das militärische Vorgehen Israels im Gazastreifen hätte, betonte Wadephul. Deswegen sei man von diesen Vorschlägen nicht so sehr überzeugt.

30.08.2025 - 13:35 [ Centre for European Policy Studies ]

Open Letter Calling for immediate implementation of EU measures against Israel’s unlawful actions in Gaza & the West Bank

(August 26, 2025)

Open Letter co-signed by 209 former EU and Member State Ambassadors and Senior Staff
Issued ahead of informal meeting of Foreign Ministers Gymnich, 29 – 30 Aug 2025

Addressed to:

Heads of State and Government, and Foreign Ministers of the EU 27 Member States

President of the European Council

President of the European Commission

President of European Parliament

High Representative for Foreign Affairs & Security Policy / VP of the Commission

Commissioners for: Mediterranean; Trade; Equality, Preparedness & Crisis Management

Chair, Foreign Affairs Committee (AFET), European Parliament

30.08.2025 - 13:23 [ Middle East Eye ]

Health ministry: 10 deaths due to famine over the past 24 hours

The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza reported the deaths of 10 people as a result of the famine and malnutrition, including three children, in the past 24 hours.

This brings the total number of starvation-related deaths to 332, nearly half of them children.

30.08.2025 - 13:19 [ Middle East Eye ]

Death toll rises to 35 since dawn

More than 35 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip since the early hours of Saturday.

At least 20 of them were killed in Gaza City, which has faced escalating Israeli assaults since the start of August.

30.08.2025 - 13:14 [ Kyiv Independent ]

BREAKING: Ukraine‘s ex-parliament speaker shot dead in Lviv

Parubii, who was 54 at the time of his death, was a long-time lawmaker from Lviv Oblast who participated in the Orange Revolution in 2004 and led self-defense volunteer units during the EuroMaidan Revolution in 2013-2014.

After the ousting of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych in the wake of EuroMaidan, Parubii was appointed secretary of the National Security and Defense Council. He held the position between February and August 2014, when Russia occupied Crimea and initiated the war in Donbas.

His role as the National Security and Defense Council secretary at the onset of Moscow‘s aggression made him a common target of Russian propaganda and disinformation.

30.08.2025 - 13:09 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

MP Parubiy killed in Lviv – Zelenskyy

„Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Ihor Klymenko and Prosecutor General Ruslan Kravchenko have just reported on the first known circumstances of the terrible murder in Lviv. Andriy Parubiy was killed. My condolences to his family and friends,“ Zelenskyy wrote on Telegram on Saturday.

According to him, all necessary forces and means are involved in the investigation and search for the killer.