Archiv: gerichtliche Anordnungen / Haftbefehle / Durchsuchungsbefehle / court orders / warrants


28.11.2025 - 01:32 [ CNN ]

US official says shooting suspect was vetted by intel agencies and “clean on all checks”

At the time, the CIA would have done its own vetting of him through a variety of databases, including the National Counterterrorism Center database, to see if he had any known ties to terrorist groups. The CIA did its own vetting before he started working with them and kept the identities of those they worked with secret, the official said.

NCTC would have vetted him again during Operation Allies Welcome in 2021 for any ties to terrorism before he was allowed into the US. He was clean then as well and did not show any ties to terror organizations, per the senior US official.

28.11.2025 - 01:29 [ Associated Press ]

Afghan national charged in Guard ambush shooting drove across US to carry out attack, officials say

Jeanine Pirro, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, declined to provide a motive for Wednesday afternoon’s brazen act of violence which occurred just blocks from the White House. The presence of troops in the nation’s capital and other cities around the country has become a political flashpoint.

28.11.2025 - 01:20 [ NPR.org ]

National Guard shooting suspect served in CIA counterterrorism unit, group says

Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the Afghan man who allegedly shot two National Guard members in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, previously served in one of Afghanistan‘s elite counterterrorism units, according to AfghanEvac, a nonprofit run by U.S. veterans and others who served in Afghanistan.

The unit was operated by the CIA with direct U.S. intelligence and military support, according to AfghanEvac.

28.11.2025 - 01:15 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Attentat auf Nationalgarde: Wie Trump den Angriff instrumentalisiert

Washingtons Bürgermeisterin und auch die örtliche Polizei haben sich immer wieder gegen den Einsatz der Nationalgarde in ihrer Stadt ausgesprochen. Der Bundesdistrikt Washington D.C. hatte sogar eine Klage gegen die Trump-Regierung eingereicht – und recht bekommen. Eine Bundesrichterin entschied vor etwa einer Woche, dass der immer wieder verlängerte Einsatz der Nationalgarde in der Stadt illegal sei.

Von dieser Entscheidung zeigt sich der US-Präsident aber unbeeindruckt. Nach den Schüssen auf die beiden Nationalgardisten fühlt er sich im Recht. Seinen Pentagon-Chef hat er jetzt sogar angewiesen, noch weitere 500 Nationalgardisten in die Hauptstadt zu schicken.

20.11.2025 - 16:40 [ Times of Israel ]

High Court orders government to explain why it’s not launching Oct. 7 state inquiry

The court demanded to know why the government is not exercising its authority to establish such a commission, which could “examine in an independent, professional, and impartial manner” the events surrounding the October 7 attacks.

Preliminary orders switch the burden of proof from the petitioner, in this case several liberal watchdog groups, to the respondent — the government — and indicate that the court is taking the petitions very seriously.

The government has until January 4 to respond.

08.11.2025 - 20:44 [ ZDF Heute ]

Türkei: Gericht erlässt Haftbefehl gegen Benjamin Netanjahu

Bereits im November 2024 hatte ein Gremium von Richtern des Internationalen Strafgerichtshofs in Den Haag Haftbefehle gegen den israelischen Premierminister Benjamin Netanjahu und seinen früheren Verteidigungsminister Yoav Gallant wegen Kriegsverbrechen im Gazastreifen erlassen. Die USA und Israel erkennen den IStGH nicht an.

08.11.2025 - 20:42 [ France24.com ]

Turkey issues arrest warrant against Netanyahu for ‚genocide‘ in Gaza

The Istanbul prosecutor‘s office said in a statement that a total of 37 suspects were targeted by the arrest warrants, without providing a full list.

They include Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz, National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir and army chief Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir.

Turkey has accused the officials of „genocide and crimes against humanity“ that Israel has „perpetrated systematically“ in Gaza.

08.11.2025 - 19:56 [ Associated Press ]

Supreme Court issues emergency order to block full SNAP food aid payments

The Supreme Court on Friday granted the Trump administration’s emergency appeal to temporarily block a court order to fully fund SNAP food aid payments amid the government shutdown, even though residents in some states already have received the funds.

03.11.2025 - 19:20 [ CNBC ]

SNAP update: Trump admin will pay 50% of food stamp benefits in November amid shutdown

McConnell, in a written order on Sunday, gave the U.S. Department of Agriculture two options.

One option was to make the full payment of SNAP benefits for November by the end of the day Monday by using Section 32 Child Nutrition Program fundings and other unspecified funds.

The other option was to “make a partial payment of the total amount of the contingency fund and … expeditiously resolve the administrative and clerical burdens it described in its papers, but under no circumstances shall the partial payments be made later than Wednesday.”

01.11.2025 - 14:48 [ Fox News ]

Food stamp benefits for 42 million Americans in jeopardy today amid shutdown

Democrats are suing the Trump administration in part over its refusal to use the SNAP emergency fund, which they contend has about $5 billion, to fund the program. But a recent memo by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) argued there was no legal standing to use the fund and that federal SNAP funds would run dry by Nov. 1 if Democrats did not vote to end the shutdown.

A pair of federal judges ruled on Friday that the administration would have to pay out the food stamp benefits for November, either in full or partially.

USDA Secretary Brooke Rollins affirmed the memo during a Friday press conference,

01.11.2025 - 14:46 [ Politico.com ]

Judge orders Trump administration to fund food aid for millions of Americans

U.S. District Judge John McConnell Jr.’s oral order Friday came just before the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the nation’s largest anti-hunger program, is set to run out of money this weekend. Trump administration officials have not yet indicated whether they will appeal the ruling.

10.09.2025 - 18:57 [ Middle East Eye ]

Exclusive: Met Police appoint prosecutor to ‚urgently review‘ application for Israeli president‘s arrest

On Tuesday morning pro-Palestine campaign group Friends of Al-Aqsa (FOA) instructed a legal team to apply for an arrest warrant to be issued for Herzog on „charges of aiding, abetting or procuring direct and indiscriminate attacks on civilians and civilian objects“.

The Met responded to FOA that afternoon in an email seen by MEE.

In the email, officers confirmed that „the Counter Terrorism Division received the papers relating to your request in respect of Mr Herzog.

18.06.2025 - 20:04 [ Democracy Now ]

“What Authoritarians Do”: NYC Comptroller Brad Lander Speaks Out After ICE Arrests Him in Courthouse

Lander was later released after New York Governor Kathy Hochul condemned the arrest and visited New York City to lobby for his release. Five other mayoral candidates also condemned Lander’s arrest, although current Mayor Eric Adams has stayed silent. Adams “has sold this city out to Donald Trump to try to get his own pardon,” says Lander. “Let’s be clear: It’s only himself he cares about, and he is putting New York’s immigrants in harm’s way.”

18.06.2025 - 19:58 [ theCity.nyc ]

Brad Lander Detained by Masked Federal Agents and Accused of Assault — But Released With No Charges

(June 17, 2025)

Lander, who is also running for mayor in next week’s Democratic primary, was held inside the building for over four hours before he was eventually released without charges after an intervention by Gov. Kathy Hochul.

“I know I will get due process and that my rights will be protected,” Lander said to a throng of supporters who gathered spontaneously in Foley Square that evening after his release.

“But Edgardo will sleep in an ICE detention facility God knows where tonight…he has been stripped of his due process rights in a country that is supposed to be founded on equal justice under law,” Lander continued, naming the immigrant detained by federal agents at the same time the comptroller was taken into custody.

18.06.2025 - 19:52 [ New York Times ]

Brad Lander Is Arrested by ICE Agents at Immigration Courthouse

(June 17, 2025)

Videos taken by reporters at the courthouse show Mr. Lander standing by a migrant man in a hallway on the 12th floor when several men in plainclothes who appear to be law enforcement officers, some wearing masks, push past a crowd in the hallway to arrest the migrant.

Mr. Lander repeatedly asks the agents whether they have a judicial warrant, refusing to let go of the migrant as the agents seek to shepherd the man toward the elevators, according to one of the videos, which was posted on social media by a reporter from The City, a digital news outlet.

18.06.2025 - 19:46 [ DemocracyDocket.com ]

ICE Agents Arrest NYC Official and Democratic Mayoral Candidate Outside Immigration Court

(June 17, 2025)

Lander said he was volunteering for an immigrants’ rights organization and that the man he was helping was named Edgardo.

“Edgardo is in ICE detention, and he’s not going to sleep in his bed tonight. As far as I know, he has no lawyer. He has been stripped of his due process rights by a government and a judge that owe him a credible fear hearing before they deport him.”

“So, I will be fine,” Lander added. “But Edgardo is not going to be fine. And the rule of law is not fine. And our constitutional democracy is not fine.”

18.06.2025 - 19:42 [ Gwynne Hogan / Bluesky ]

Here‘s a longer video of Brad Lander‘s detention just now inside 26 Federal Plaza as he tried to walk a man out of immigration court, by masked federal agents.

(June 17, 2025)

18.06.2025 - 19:38 [ @globalnews / Youtube ]

„Where is the judicial warrant?“ Chaos erupts as ICE detains NYC mayoral candidate Brad Lander

(June 17, 2025)

Chaos unfolded as New York City’s comptroller and mayoral candidate Brad Lander was arrested by masked federal agents while visiting an immigration court in Manhattan on Tuesday. „You do not have the authority to arrest U.S. citizens,“ Lander said multiple times as he was taken away.

20.04.2025 - 20:44 [ ABC News ]

Van Hollen: ‚I am not defending the man, I am defending the rights of this man to due process‘

Karl asked the senator what Abrego Garcia shared during their meeting.

“He told me about the trauma he had been experiencing, both in terms of the abduction and the fact that he was originally sent to CECOT, which is this notorious prison,” Van Hollen said. “He specifically mentioned his 5-year-old boy who has autism, because that boy had been in the car with him when U.S. agents had stopped them and handcuffed him and then taken him away.”

20.04.2025 - 20:38 [ NBC News ]

Sen. Chris Van Hollen says U.S. is in a ‚constitutional crisis‘ as Trump disregards court orders in the Abrego Garcia case

Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., on Sunday accused President Donald Trump of sending the U.S. into a constitutional crisis, saying members of the Trump administration “are very much flouting the courts as we speak.”

Asked directly on NBC News’ “Meet the Press” whether the U.S. is currently in a constitutional crisis, Van Hollen said, “Yes, we are.”

20.04.2025 - 20:36 [ Donald J. Trump / Truth Social ]

Happy Easter to all, including the Radical Left Lunatics who are fighting and scheming so hard to bring Murderers, Drug Lords, Dangerous Prisoners, the Mentally Insane, and well known MS-13 Gang Members and Wife Beaters, back into our Country.

Happy Easter also to the WEAK and INEFFECTIVE Judges and Law Enforcement Officials who are allowing this sinister attack on our Nation to continue, an attack so violent that it will never be forgotten! Sleepy Joe Biden purposefully allowed Millions of CRIMINALS to enter our Country, totally unvetted and unchecked, through an Open Borders Policy that will go down in history as the single most calamitous act ever perpetrated upon America. He was, by far, our WORST and most Incompetent President, a man who had absolutely no idea what he was doing — But to him, and to the person that ran and manipulated the Auto Pen (perhaps our REAL President!), and to all of the people who CHEATED in the 2020 Presidential Election in order to get this highly destructive Moron Elected, I wish you, with great love, sincerity, and affection, a very Happy Easter!!!

16.04.2025 - 21:02 [ Politico.com ]

Van Hollen travels to El Salvador as Trump officials ramp up defense of illegal deportation

Van Hollen has been extremely vocal in advocating for his release, promising Monday to travel to El Salvador to “check on” his condition and “discuss his release” after Bukele rebuffed attempts to set up a meeting during his visit to Washington.

16.04.2025 - 21:00 [ CBS News ]

Judge finds probable cause to hold Trump administration in criminal contempt over removals of Venezuelan migrants to El Salvador

U.S. District Judge James Boasberg wrote in a 46-page decision that the government‘s actions on March 15 „demonstrate a willful disregard“ for his order barring the government from transferring certain migrants into Salvadoran custody under the wartime Alien Enemies Act.

16.04.2025 - 03:18 [ PBS.org ]

Sen. Chris Van Hollen says he’ll travel to El Salvador if Abrego Garcia isn’t released by midweek

Democratic Sen. Chris Van Hollen from Maryland wrote to El Salvadoran diplomats to “urgently request” meeting with the country’s president, Nayib Bukele, to discuss the potential return of a former Maryland resident, Kilmar Abrego Garcia, who was deported to the Central American nation by the Trump administration.

16.04.2025 - 03:13 [ CNN ]

Judge in Abrego Garcia case says there’s no evidence Trump administration is following her orders

“I do need evidence in this regard because to date what the record shows is nothing has been done,” US District Judge Paula Xinis said in a tense hearing Tuesday afternoon in Greenbelt, Maryland.

Xinis said she was unsatisfied with the sworn statements she’s been getting each day from Trump administration officials detailing what the government has been doing to carry out her directive.

She wants discovery, she told a Justice Department attorney, “to determine whether you are abiding by the court order. My court orders.”

15.04.2025 - 02:09 [ ABC News ]

Sudan tells top UN court that UAE is breaching genocide convention by funding rebels

(April 10, 2025)

Sudan has told the United Nations’ top court that the United Arab Emirates is breaching the genocide convention by arming and funding the rebel paramilitary group Rapid Support Forces

13.04.2025 - 13:27 [ New York Times ]

State Dept. says wrongfully deported Maryland man is alive and in El Salvador.

A State Department official said in a two-page court filing that the man, Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia, a Salvadoran migrant who had been living in Maryland before he was deported, was “alive and secure” in a terrorism confinement center in El Salvador.

13.04.2025 - 13:24 [ Spokesman.com ]

State Dept. ignores order to detail return of wrongly deported migrant

Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele is an ally of President Donald Trump and has agreed to accept deportees from the United States.

Bukele is set to meet with Trump in Washington on Monday.

The Trump administration has said that Abrego Garcia was deported to El Salvador on March 15 because of an “administrative error.”

06.04.2025 - 19:53 [ Haaretz ]

Israel Weighs Int‘l Arrest Warrant for Likud Aide Wanted for Questioning in Qatargate, BibiLeaks Probes

Srulik Einhorn allegedly echoed Qatari talking points to reporters and leaked classified information to Bild, Israel‘s deputy AG said. He also failed to disclose business ties to Qatar when working for government ministries, raising suspicions that there may have been a breach of trust

22.03.2025 - 11:19 [ TortoiseMedia.com ]

Netanyahu leads Israel into constitutional crisis days after shattering ceasefire

Defence minister‘s threats to annex Gaza distract from legislative coup d‘état at home

22.03.2025 - 11:14 [ Times of Israel ]

Cabinet schedules ‘no-confidence’ motion Sunday against AG, starting process of firing her

Document published by justice minister, hours after government voted to oust Shin Bet chief, calls Gali Baharav-Miara ‘long arm of the opposition,’ says she runs a tyrannical authority

22.03.2025 - 11:02 [ France24.com ]

Netanyahu says government ‘will decide’ new intel chief, ignoring court freeze

srael‘s Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara said earlier Friday that the prime minister was not allowed to appoint a new internal security agency chief after the government decided to sack Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar.

„According to the decision of the Supreme Court, it is prohibited to take any action that harms the position of the head of the Shin Bet, Ronen Bar,“ she said in a message to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu published by a spokesperson. „It is prohibited to appoint a new head of Shin Bet, and interviews for the position should not be held.“

21.03.2025 - 18:11 [ Times of Israel ]

‘There will be no civil war,’ Netanyahu tweets; insists gov’t decides who heads the Shin Bet

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tweets, “There will be no civil war!” hours after Israel’s most revered jurist, former Supreme Court president Aharon Barak, expressed his fear that the country is heading in that direction due to the government’s recent efforts to fire the head of the Shin Bet security agency and the attorney general.

“The State of Israel is a country of law and according to the law, the Israeli government decides who will be the head of the Shin Bet,” Netanyahu tweets, before adding, “Shabbat Shalom.”