Daily Archives: 26. November 2025


26.11.2025 - 22:03 [ YourParty.uk ]

The road to conference

Our Founding Conference will be held in Liverpool on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 November.

By mid-October our founding process will have begun in earnest – we have opened our membership portal, are initiating wide democratic debate and will soon publish draft versions of our four core founding documents: our Political Statement, Constitution, Rules, and Organisational Strategy.

We will host mass regional assemblies where thousands of members will come together to listen to each other, debate and revise the founding documents face to face. All members will be able to comment, suggest changes, and track how each document develops.

In November, thousands of in-person founding conference delegates will be chosen by lottery to ensure a fair balance of gender, region, and background. These delegates will have a big responsibility – to debate the founding documents, propose amendments and vote on them at the conference in Liverpool. The final decision will be up to all members through an online, secure, one-member-one-vote system.

26.11.2025 - 22:01 [ The Beatles / Youtube ]

The Beatles – Penny Lane

The Beatles performing “Penny Lane.”

26.11.2025 - 21:54 [ YourParty.uk ]

This is your time

Your Party was launched in July 2025 by Jeremy Corbyn and Zarah Sultana to found a political party that was an alternative to the status quo and to decades of neoliberalism, austerity and the demonisation of refugees and marginalised communities.

The founding process is being stewarded by the six members of the Independent Alliance. This isn’t just another political party. It’s about doing politics differently – where decisions are shaped by all of us, power is returned to communities, and principles come first.

26.11.2025 - 21:30 [ theGuardian.com ]

Ban on Palestine Action is repugnant and should be lifted, high court told

In written submissions, he highlighted a September 2024 report from the National Police Coordination Centre that came after alleged terrorism incidents. The report concluded that Palestine Action was “a risk to UK businesses and legitimate enterprises nationwide” and engaged as a whole in “non-violent direct action”.

Another report from the centre in December last year said incidents in which violence had been used were “not the norm for PA (Palestine Action) action, and any harm or injuries historically are assessed to be the result of unintentional or misjudged action through trying to evade capture”.

26.11.2025 - 21:20 [ Independent.co.uk ]

Starmer and Trump discussed Palestine Action twice on calls before group’s terror ban, court hears

Activists from the group painted “Gaza is not for sale” and dug up parts of the green at Mr Trump’s golf course in Scotland in March 2025, with the president writing on social media that the prime minister had assured him that “they caught the terrorists” involved.

The group was proscribed as a terror organisation in an unusual move four months later, after activists broke into RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire and sprayed two military planes with red paint.

26.11.2025 - 21:14 [ Al Jazeera ]

Palestine Action’s legal challenge against UK government ban begins

Legal action by Huda Ammori, the cofounder of Palestine Action, has begun in London’s High Court against the decision by the United Kingdom government to designate the activist group as a terrorist organisation.

The interior ministry, or Home Office, proscribed the pro-Palestinian group in July, days after activists protesting against Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza broke into an air force base in southern England.

26.11.2025 - 20:36 [ Wafa.ps ]

Minister Assaf urges Arab media outlets to continue reporting on Palestine as the occupation aggression continues

Minister Assaf also called on Arab information ministers to collectively negotiate with global digital platforms to reverse their biased positions in favor of the occupation forces and their narrative, and to stop combating Palestinian content, asserting that the Palestinian narrative and discourse have triumphed over the fabricated Israeli narrative.

He called on concerned Arab and international institutions and bodies to intensify their efforts to document and expose the occupation‘s crimes against the Palestinian media and people, enhance solidarity campaigns, and pressure to end the unlawful protection enjoyed by the perpetrators.

„The male and female journalists in Palestine have embodied the highest meanings of national and professional belonging, and have continued to fulfill their noble mission of revealing the truth and conveying the suffering of our people to the world, despite all the dangers. The blood of the martyrs, the knights of truth, will remain a testament to the occupation‘s crimes and a motive for pursuing its perpetrators, until complete justice is achieved and impunity is ended,“ Assaf said.

26.11.2025 - 20:28 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel cuts water lines, bulldozes roads and seizes homes as West Bank operation escalates

Israeli forces on Wednesday deployed military reinforcements, bulldozers and heavy equipment towards the Nur Shams camp in Tulkarm Governorate in the occupied West Bank, Al Jazeera reported.

The municipality of Tammun also reported that a large number of Israeli forces stormed the town as aircraft fired on its residents and neighbourhoods.

As part of the large-scale operation, the Israeli army bulldozed roads, cut water lines, closed the town‘s entrances, and turned at least 10 houses into military barracks.

26.11.2025 - 20:08 [ Wafa.ps ]

Death toll across Gaza Strip surges to 69,785, over 170,965 wounded

GAZA, November 26, 2025 (WAFA) – Medical sources announced on Wednesday that the death toll has reached 69,785 Palestinians killed, the majority of them children and women, since the Israeli aggression began in October 2023.

The sources added that the number of injured has risen to 170,965, while many victims remain trapped under the rubble, with ambulance and rescue teams unable to reach them due to the dangerous conditions and widespread destruction.

26.11.2025 - 19:58 [ Donald J. Trump / Truth Social ]

Over the past week, my team has made tremendous progress with respect to ending the War between Russia and Ukraine (A War that would have NEVER started if I were President!). Last month 25,000 soldiers died.

The original 28-Point Peace Plan, which was drafted by the United States, has been fine-tuned, with additional input from both sides, and there are only a few remaining points of disagreement. In the hopes of finalizing this Peace Plan, I have directed my Special Envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with President Putin in Moscow and, at the same time, Secretary of the Army Dan Driscoll will be meeting with the Ukrainians. I will be briefed on all progress made, along with Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, and White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles. I look forward to hopefully meeting with President Zelenskyy and President Putin soon, but ONLY when the deal to end this War is FINAL or, in its final stages. Thank you for your attention to this very important matter, and let’s all hope that PEACE can be accomplished AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

26.11.2025 - 19:54 [ Kyiv Independent ]

Witkoff to meet Putin as US sends delegations to Ukraine, Russia in ‚hopes of finalizing‘ peace plan

U.S. Special Envoy Steve Witkoff is set to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow as Washington aims to finalize a peace deal between Ukraine and Russia, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Nov. 25.

„In the hopes of finalizing this Peace Plan, I have directed my Special Envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with President Putin in Moscow and, at the same time, Secretary of the Army Dan Driscoll will be meeting with the Ukrainians,“ Trump said in a post to Truth Social.

26.11.2025 - 19:13 [ RFERL.org ]

Witkoff To Moscow. Zelenskyy Is Wary. A Phone Call Leaks. A Ukraine Peace Plan Coalesces.

“I know what it’s going to take to get a peace deal done: Donetsk and maybe a land swap somewhere,” Witkoff reportedly said.

Bloomberg did not say how it obtained the recording, which was likely made by US intelligence agencies who routinely monitor and eavesdrop on foreign officials’ conversations.

26.11.2025 - 18:46 [ theHill.com ]

Senate Democrats ask Hegseth, Bondi to declassify DOJ memo on drug boat strikes

(November 24, 2025)

Senate Democrats are asking Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Attorney General Pam Bondi to declassify and publicly release the Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Legal Counsel’s classified, written opinion outlining the legal basis for the Trump administration’s strikes against alleged drug-trafficking boats in the Caribbean and Eastern Pacific.

Thirteen Senate Democrats, all members of the Senate Armed Services Committee, are demanding an “expeditious declassification and public release” of the classified opinion, which was drafted over the summer and argued that U.S. troops who participate in boat strikes, which have taken place on both sides of South America, cannot be prosecuted.

26.11.2025 - 17:57 [ Elissa Slotkin, U.S. Senator for Michigan ]

Slotkin Demands Declassification and Public Release of Information on the Trump Administration’s Lethal Airstrikes

Nov 24, 2025 | Press Release

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) joined members of the Senate Armed Services Committee in writing to Attorney General Pam Bondi and Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth requesting the declassification and public release of the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) written opinion on the Trump Administration’s lethal airstrikes in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific Ocean.

“Few decisions are more consequential for a democracy than the use of lethal force. We therefore believe that the declassification and public release of this important document would enhance transparency in the use of deadly force by our Nation’s military and is necessary to ensure Congress and the American people are fully informed of the legal justification supporting these strikes,” the Senators wrote.

26.11.2025 - 17:31 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

US Secretary of War visits region today; Maduro officials hold closed door talks

(November 25, 2025)

War Secretary Pete Hegseth will travel to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, today to meet the country’s top leaders, including President Luis Abinader, Minister of Defence Lt Gen Carlos Antonio Fernández Onofre and other officials, the Associated Press reported yesterday.

The announcement came the same day that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar met yesterday.

26.11.2025 - 17:30 [ Reuters ]

US military‘s Caine meets with Trinidad prime minister

(November 25, 2025)

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Dan Caine told Persad-Bissessar that the United States remained committed to working with Trinidad and Tobago to „address shared threats and deepen collaboration across the Caribbean,“ the Pentagon said.

26.11.2025 - 13:44 [ NPR.org ]

Sen. Mark Kelly: Trump and Hegseth don‘t ‚understand the Constitution‘

On Monday, the Pentagon announced an investigation into Kelly, a retired U.S. Navy fighter pilot, for possible violations of military law for appearing in the video. The video was published as legal questions swirl around the Trump administration‘s deployment of National Guard troops to U.S. cities.

While the White House has since walked back the president‘s remarks calling the Senators‘ video „seditious behavior, punishable by DEATH,“ Kelly told All Things Considered he thinks President Trump is „declaring that loyalty to the Constitution is punishable by death.“

26.11.2025 - 13:19 [ U.S. Representative Chrissy Houlahan ]

My Statement on FBI Request for Interviews

President Trump is using the FBI as a tool to intimidate and harass Members of Congress.

Yesterday, the FBI contacted the House and Senate Sergeants at Arms requesting interviews. No amount of intimidation or harassment will ever stop us from doing our jobs and honoring our Constitution.

We swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. That oath lasts a lifetime, and we intend to keep it. We will not be bullied. We will never give up the ship.

26.11.2025 - 13:03 [ Congressman Chris Deluzio / X ]

President Trump is using the FBI as a tool to intimidate and harass members of Congress.

Yesterday, the FBI contacted the House and Senate Sergeants at Arms requesting interviews.

No amount of intimidation or harassment will ever stop us from doing our jobs and honoring our Constitution.

We swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. That oath lasts a lifetime, and we intend to keep it. We will not be bullied. We will never give up the ship.

26.11.2025 - 12:54 [ Fox News ]

FBI scheduling interviews with 6 lawmakers who encouraged military members to refuse ‚illegal orders‘

On Monday, the Department of War announced that it has opened a formal review into allegations of misconduct against Kelly over the video.

The Pentagon said it may even call Kelly, a retired Navy captain, back to active duty to face court-martial proceedings or other administrative actions under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Four of the other Democrats are former military, but not retired and therefore are not subject to the UCMJ, according to Secretary of War Pete Hegseth. Slotkin is a former CIA officer.