German Chancellor Friedrich Merz will travel to Israel on December 6 and 7 for his first official visit since taking office, a German government spokesperson said on Friday.
Archiv: Libanon / Lebanon
Germany: Resumption of arms transfers to Israel reckless, unlawful and risks complicity in Israel’s international crimes
(November 24, 2025)
“Germany’s decision to lift its partial suspension of weapons shipments to Israel is reckless, unlawful and sends entirely the wrong message to Israel: that it can continue committing genocide, war crimes, and apartheid against Palestinians and unlawfully occupy the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza without fear of consequence.
“Germany is one of Israel’s major arms suppliers. The partial and long overdue suspension of arms transfers by Germany was one of the few forms of meaningful pressure applied by the international community to Israel’s genocide against Palestinians in Gaza.
“Now is absolutely not the time to ease this pressure. On the contrary, this is the time to ensure that Israel stops its violations of international law, including its unlawful occupation as indicated by the International Court of Justice in July 2024 and agreed by the UN General Assembly. Regrettably, with this move, Germany is going down a dangerous path that must be immediately reversed and must not be followed by other states.
Security Council must seize ‘moment of renewed hope’ in Gaza
The ceasefire in Gaza is largely holding but recent violence by Israel and Palestinian militants put the truce at risk, the UN Deputy Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process told the Security Council on Monday.
Ramiz Alakbarov briefed on conditions in the battered enclave and the occupied West Bank, before touching on developments in Lebanon and Syria.
“Today we meet at a moment of renewed hope,” he said, speaking from Jerusalem.
“While progress on the ground is fragile and deep uncertainty persists, we must seize the opportunity before us to chart a better future for Palestinians, Israelis and the wider region.”
WATCH: Rising Israeli attacks cast doubt on regional peace initiatives
(video)
Salam: Beirut‘s southern suburbs strike today necessitates rallying all efforts around the state and its institutions
NNA – Prime Minister Nawaf Salam wrote on the „X“ platform: „Today‘s attack on Beirut‘s southern suburbs necessitates uniting all efforts behind the state and its institutions.“
He added, „Protecting the Lebanese people and preventing the country from sliding into dangerous territory is the government‘s priority at this critical juncture.“
Salam pledged that „the government will continue to work through all political and diplomatic means with brotherly and friendly nations to protect the Lebanese people, prevent any open escalation, ensure a halt to Israeli aggression and its withdrawal from our land, and secure the return of our prisoners.‘
What we know about Israel’s attack on Beirut
– Hezbollah says its top military commander, Haytham Ali Tabatabai, has been killed in addition to four other people in an Israeli air strike on Beirut.
– Lebanon’s Health Ministry says 28 people were wounded in the attack in the Dahiyeh area of southern Beirut on Sunday.
– The National News Agency reports two missiles struck an apartment building on al-Arid Street, causing major damage to nearby cars and buildings.
– The Israeli military said it “eliminated” Tabatabai, while Netanyahu’s office earlier confirmed he was the intended target.
– Israeli media have reported this was the military’s third attempt to kill him since last year’s war.
– Senior Hezbollah official Mahmoud Qmati said the strike crossed a “red line” and that the group’s leadership was weighing its response.
– Lebanon’s President Joseph Aoun urged the international community to intervene to stop Israeli attacks on his country.
Updates: Israel troops launch new ground invasion over Gaza’s ‘yellow line’
(November 21, 2025)
Here are the day’s main developments:
– An Israeli drone attack injured four children in northern Gaza’s Beit Lahiya area as attacks throughout the Strip continue despite the ceasefire.
– At least 67 Palestinian children have been killed in Gaza since the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas began on October 10, according to the UN children’s agency.
– The Israeli army killed two Palestinian teenagers during a raid in the occupied East Jerusalem neighbourhood of Kafr Aqab.
– Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated his opposition to an independent Palestine, saying: “There will be no Palestinian state – as simple as that.”
– One person was killed in an Israeli air strike on southern Lebanon in the latest deadly violation of last year’s ceasefire agreement with Hezbollah.
Israel steps up military operations in Lebanon, Gaza Strip and West Bank
(November 21, 2025)
Massive strikes against Hezbollah and Hamas in southern Lebanon, deadly bombings in Gaza, and Israeli army raids in the occupied West Bank: In recent days, Israel has intensified its military operations, causing more than 50 total deaths in Lebanon and Gaza, and arresting hundreds of Palestinians in the occupied territories.
Israel’s military carries out strikes in Lebanon and Gaza, killing dozens of people
(November 19, 2025)
The new wave of strikes came a day after an airstrike killed 13 people in the Palestinian refugee camp of Ein el-Hilweh, the deadliest of Israeli attacks on Lebanon since a ceasefire in the Israel-Hezbollah war a year ago.
Meanwhile, after Israel reported its soldiers were fired on in southern Gaza, health officials in the territory said Israeli strikes killed at least 25 Palestinians in one of the deadliest days in Gaza since the Oct. 10 ceasefire agreement took effect. Separately, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to a buffer zone in Syrian territory that Israel seized last year.
Erneut israelische Angriffe in mehreren Teilen Libanons
Eigentlich gilt seit bald einem Jahr eine Waffenruhe. Doch nahezu täglich greift das israelische Militär daher weiter im Libanon an. Dabei wurden laut Gesundheitsministerium knapp 300 Menschen seit Inkrafttreten der Waffenruhe getötet. Nach UN-Angaben sind darunter 100 Zivilisten. Angaben zu Toten in den eigenen Reihen macht die Hisbollah nicht.
President Joseph Aoun receives World Bank delegation, affirms Lebanon‘s commitment to ceasefire agreement
During the meeting, emphasis was made on „the depth of the partnership between Lebanon and the World Bank for nearly seventy years and the pivotal role the WB has played in supporting Lebanon throughout various difficult stages, from wars to economic and social crises.“
The President of the Republic thanked the delegation for „the continuous support that the World Bank provides to Lebanon,“ and presented the progress achieved so far in terms of the ongoing reforms, particularly with regard to strengthening governance and cooperation with the International Monetary Fund to rebuild confidence in the country’s financial sector and attract investments.
Israeli jets strike southern Lebanon towns, escalating near-daily attacks
(November 6, 2025)
Israeli jets struck several towns in southern Lebanon on Thursday after urging residents to leave, marking an escalation in their near-daily strikes on the country.
The airstrikes came hours after militant group Hezbollah urged the Lebanese government not to enter negotiations with Israel.
Lebanon president says no option but to negotiate with Israel to end war
(November 4, 2025)
It comes amid mounting US pressure on Beirut to begin talks with Tel Aviv and disarm the Iran-backed militant group.
Aoun has repeatedly called for dialogue, but conflicting reports in recent weeks have questioned whether Lebanon wants to limit these talks to a ceasefire mechanism or move onto high-level discussions.
Nabatieh reels from deadly Israeli attack: Four young men killed, three wounded
NNA – The city of Nabatieh and its surrounding areas awoke to the horror of a brutal attack carried out by Israeli forces, which resulted in the deaths of four local youths and injuries to three others. The victims were targeted last night while in a Range Rover on Doha-Kafarman road, on the eastern edge of Kafarman.
The city, which was preparing this Sunday afternoon to bury martyr Hassan Hamed Ghaith, a delivery worker killed in an Israeli strike on Shoukin road, was also set to mark the annual remembrance of its municipal massacre, in which 13 people, including Mayor Dr. Ahmed Kaheel, were killed during the 66-Day War.
Israeli air strike kills four in Lebanon, straining fragile ceasefire
The state-run Lebanon News Agency reported that the strike, which involved a “guided missile”, targeted a car at about 2:15pm (16:15 GMT).
The attack came a day after Lebanese President Joseph Aoun accused Israel of escalating strikes in response to his offer to negotiate a more lasting end to the cross-border attacks.
Israeli Airstrike Targets Al-Labouneh in Naqoura, Hitting Open Woodland Area
(today, 01.13)
An Israeli enemy warplane on Thursday carried out an airstrike on the Al-Labouneh area in Naqoura, targeting an open zone that ignited a large stretch of woodland.
The strike coincided with an Israeli detonation in the same area, causing significant environmental damage. No casualties have been reported so far.
Israeli Airstrikes Target Mahmoudiyeh, Jarmak Near Aishiyeh
(today, 10.32)
Israeli warplanes are currently carrying out airstrikes on the areas of Mahmoudiyeh and Jarmak, near the town of Aishiyeh in southern Lebanon.
No information has yet been reported on casualties or material damage.
Lebanese Army urges ceasefire committee to halt ongoing Israeli violations
(today, 10:47)
The Lebanese army has requested that the committee responsible for overseeing the ceasefire take action to stop ongoing Israeli violations and continues to monitor incidents in coordination with UNIFIL.
Aoun Orders Army to Confront Any Israeli Incursion, Calls Blida Attack “New Violation of Sovereignty”
The directive came during a meeting this morning at Baabda Palace with Army Commander General Rudolph Haykal, who briefed the President on the details of last night’s Israeli incursion into Blida, during which municipal employee Ibrahim Salamehwas killed while performing his duties.
President Aoun condemned the attack, describing it as “part of a continuous pattern of Israeli aggression” and noting that it occurred “shortly after the meeting of the Ceasefire Monitoring Committee (Mechanism), which must not limit itself to recording incidents, but act to end them by pressing Israel to respect the November ceasefire agreement and cease its violations of Lebanese sovereignty.”
Sleeping man killed in Israeli incursion into south Lebanon, Lebanese state media says
Israeli troops carried out an incursion into a southern Lebanese town overnight and killed a municipal employee who was sleeping in the local town hall, Lebanese state media said on Oct 30.
Israeli military confirmed the incident, saying that its forces had opened fire overnight during an operation to destroy the infrastructure of the militant group Hezbollah in the southern Lebanese town of Blida.
Lebanon’s army has deployed to the area but its media did not have further details to share. The United Nations peacekeeping force in Lebanon did not immediately have further details on the incident.
Israeli army kills municipal worker in raid on south Lebanon
Israel‘s military confirmed the raid, saying it was operating against Hezbollah infrastructure when its forces fired on a „suspect“.
Despite a November 2024 ceasefire with the Lebanese militant group, Israel maintains troops in five areas in southern Lebanon and has kept up regular air strikes.
WATCH: Huge Israeli air strikes on Lebanon despite ceasefire
Huge explosions were seen in southern and eastern Lebanon as Israeli warplanes targeted the area, killing at least one person.
Israel said it attacked Hezbollah infrastructure, despite a ceasefire deal in place since November last year.
Watch below for scenes from the ground:
Zum Völkermord gezwungen?
Der Vernichtungskrieg gegen die Hamas und Gaza sei alternativlos und aus Notwehr erfolgt, behauptet Israels Ministerpräsident Netanjahu. Was aber, wenn sich der Terroranschlag vom 7. Oktober 2023 hätte verhindern lassen? Vieles spricht dafür, dass seine rechtsgerichtete Regierung die Dinge hat geschehen lassen. Müsste die Geschichte dann nicht umgeschrieben werden, fragt sich Ralf Wurzbacher.
Maps: Israel has attacked six countries in the past 72 hours
In just three days, Israel has carried out strikes in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia, Qatar and Yemen.
UNIFIL statement on attack on peacekeepers clearing roadblocks (3 September 2025)
Yesterday morning, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) drones dropped four grenades close to UNIFIL peacekeepers working to clear roadblocks hindering access to a UN position close to the Blue Line.
This is one of the most serious attacks on UNIFIL personnel and assets since the cessation of hostilities agreement of last November.
One grenade impacted within 20 metres and three within approximately 100 metres of UN personnel and vehicles. The drones were observed returning south of the Blue Line.
The IDF had been informed in advance of UNIFIL’s road clearance work in the area, southeast of the village of Marwahin. Out of concern for the safety of peacekeepers following the incident, yesterday’s work was suspended.
Any actions endangering UN peacekeepers and assets, and interference with their mandated tasks are unacceptable and a serious violation of Resolution 1701 and international law. It is the responsibility of the IDF to ensure safety and security of the peacekeepers performing Security Council-mandated tasks.
Call to action! Political Prisoners for Palestine on hunger strike from Britain to the U.S.
(August 30, 2025)
Free T. Hoxha, Casey Goonan, The Filton 24, Anan Yaeesh, Elias Rodriguez, Jakhi McCray, Tarek Bazrouk, Ghassan Elashi and Shukri Abu Baker of the Holy Land 5;
Free the Black prisoners resisting the U.S Empire from its interior, free Mumia Abu Jamal, Imam Jamil al-Amin, Joseph Bowen, Fred Burton, Veronza Bowers, Kojo Bomani Sababu, Kamau Sadiki, and all of the prisoners of the Black Liberation Movement;
Free the 16 Lebanese and dozens of Syrian prisoners in Zionist jails, abducted and held hostage to impose Zionist-Imperialist control over Lebanon and Syria;
Free the over 10,800 Palestinian Prisoners who are routinely subjected to physical and sexual assault, psychological torture and abuse, sleep deprivation, starvation and denial of access to food and medical care, who continue to lead, inspire and guide Palestinian, Arab and international Resistance.
Israel sees Sykes-Picot borders as ‚meaningless‘, US envoy Tom Barrack says
A billionaire real estate investor, Barrack, like his boss at the White House, has chaffed at the traditional US foreign policy establishment – including its preference for maintaining quiet ties with American establishment media. Instead, he has given shoot-from-the-hip style interviews.
On Thursday, he called himself an “events-driven mercenary”.
“What’s going on in Gaza makes the rest of the Arab world totally freaked out,” Barrack said.
“In Israel’s mind, these lines that were created by Sykes-Picot are meaningless. They will go where they want, when they want, and do what they want to protect the Israelis and their borders,” Barrack said.
Six killed, 10 injured as Israeli drone strikes target eastern Lebanon
In yet another flagrant breach of the fragile ceasefire with Lebanon, Israeli forces launched deadly airstrikes in the country‘s eastern region on Thursday, killing at least six people and injuring 10 more.
Enemy drones fly at very low altitude over Southern Lebanese towns
12:32
Israeli enemy reconnaissance drones on Friday were reported flying at a very low altitude over the areas of Kfarsir, Briqaa, and Qaaqiyat al-Jisr.
Israeli airstrike on Zahrani road kills one
11:26
The Public Health Emergency Operations Center at the Ministry of Public Health on Friday announced that an Israeli airstrike on Zahrani Road, in the Nabatieh district, has resulted in one fatality.
Israeli enemy air raids on Wadi Faraa area in northern Bekaa result in 12 martyrs, 8 wounded
NNA – National News Agency correspondent in Baalbek reported that Israeli enemy warplanes launched air raids on the Wadi Faara area in northern Bekaa, one of which targeted a camp for displaced Syrians, resulting in the martyrdom of 12 persons, including 7 Syrians, and the injury of 8 others.
LIVE: Israel kills dozens as it bombards Gaza, Lebanon and Syria
Israel’s military killed more than 50 Palestinians in Gaza since dawn as thousands of civilians fled the besieged north after it threatened to attack “the combat zone”.
Israel launched air strikes on the Bekaa Valley in eastern Lebanon, killing at least 12 people, as well as attacking Syrian troops in the city of Suwayda.
Israeli drone targets motorcycle on Mahrouna road – Tyre District
(today)
NNA – Tyre – National News Agency correspondent reported that an enemy drone targeted a motorcycle on the Mahrouna highway in Tyre district today, causing the fall of one martyr.