More here: https://bbc.in/2oieB03
– Maverick Brexit chief sent the stark warning at a gathering of advisers tonight
– Showed no regret for dramatic axing of Sonia Khan who he accused of leaks
– Told advisers if they didn’t agree with his decision, they knew where door was
The paper was prepared by civil servants for the German finance minister, Olaf Scholz, ahead of face-to-face talks with the chancellor of the exchequer, Sajid Javid, in Berlin on Friday.
In 95 days we will leave the EU. Of that there should be no doubt. Three years after the referendum, the countdown to delivering on the democratic will of the British people has well and truly begun. In three months’ time, we will be an independent nation once more. Free to set our own path to our own future.
– Boris Johnson launches mass clear out of Cabinet and sacks Jeremy Hunt
– Jeremy Hunt and Penny Mordaunt among those sacked in brutal two-hour cull
– Greg Clark and Liam Fox also leave the government as new PM wields the axe
– Damian Hinds, James Brokenshire, David Mundell and Karen Bradley ousted
– Philip Hammond, David Gauke and Rory Stewart all resigned earlier today
– Priti Patel makes a remarkable Cabinet return as the new Home Secretary
– Sajid Javid has been promoted to crucial role of Chancellor under Mr Johnson
– Brexiteer Dominic Raab was installed as Foreign Secretary replacing Mr Hunt
„Es ist an der Zeit, Wikileaks als das zu benennen, was es wirklich ist: Ein nicht-staatlicher, feindlicher Geheimdienst“, sagte der heutige US-Außenminister Mike Pompeo über die Enthüllungs-Plattform bei einer Rede als CIA-Direktor 2017. Entsprechend behandeln die USA Assange nun nach seiner Festnahme in London. Sie werfen ihm vor, geheime Informationen erhalten und verbreitet zu haben. Und sie klagen ihn deshalb nach dem Spionage-Gesetz („Espionage Act“) an, das Strafen bis hin zur Todesstrafe vorsieht.
Er wolle „stets Gerechtigkeit“, und es liege ein „legitimes Auslieferungsgesuch“ vor, sagte der zuständige Innenminister Sajid Javid im BBC-Radio. Die Entscheidung liege jetzt bei Gericht, das sich am Freitag wieder mit dem Fall beschäftigen werde.
Grundsätzlich gilt in solchen Fällen, dass der Innenminister ein gültiges Auslieferungsgesuch unterzeichnen muss, wenn die entsprechenden Kriterien erfüllt sind.
His 5-point blueprint
1. ‚No, no, no‘ to a second referendum, early general election or revoking Article 50.
2. Prepare fully for No Deal, including an emergency Budget, to show EU we are not afraid of walking away.
3. Accept deal will only get through Parliament if Irish backstop is amended to include time limit or exit clause.
4. Build trust with Dublin and agree to cover cost of implementing new border technology.
5. Get revised deal through Parliament by October 31 – or leave without one, having done everything to minimise disruption.
The Tory leadership contender has revealed a five-point plan on Brexit which he believes are an „honest, credible set of proposals that recognises the significant challenges we face“.
Mr Javid rules out holding another referendum or an early general election, says he will not revoke Article 50 and vows to ramp up preparations for No Deal if he becomes prime minister.
Anna Soubry MP (pictured) said the couple “should not have been named in the media”, adding that a new law was “needed” to make it a criminal offence to name suspects before charge unless it is in the interests of justice.
The pair were pictured on the front pages of the Mail on Sunday, Sunday Telegraph, Sunday Mirror, Sunday Express and Sunday People yesterday morning, as well as on numerous news websites.
“The way we were initially perceived was disgusting although those who knew us did not doubt us for a second.
We were both released without charge or further action. We are totally overwhelmed by the support we have received from people all over the world and we would like to thank everyone single one who has done that.“
via cnnbrk cnn Retweet
The Surrey Police officers were called to investigate a red light „hovering“ over a bus station in Redhill – around six miles from the airport.
But when they arrived, they found the mysterious beam was just a warning light on top of a crane.
(23.12.2018) Transport Secretary Chris Grayling would not give details of what measures had been put in place, but said some of them were “military capabilities”, adding: “There are a range of measures which are there today which should give passengers confidence that they are safe to fly.”
The first departure from Gatwick this morning was a Norwegian flight to the capital of Lapland, Rovaniemi — described as the “official Hometown of Santa Claus” — which left at 6.34am.
The conference call was joined by the Cabinet Office minister, David Lidington – Theresa May’s de facto deputy; the home secretary, Sajid Javid; the security minister, Ben Wallace; and the defence minister Stuart Andrew.
Lidington was said to have pressed for the Home Office and the Ministry of Defence to update their rapid deployment protocols for signing off requests for military assistance.
The self-made millionaire, raised a Muslim, grew-up on Stapleton Road and went to Downend School, and voted Remain in the Brexit referendum
The British cabinet will meet at 1400 GMT on Wednesday to consider the draft withdrawal agreement after Britain struck a draft divorce deal with the European Union.