The original 28-Point Peace Plan, which was drafted by the United States, has been fine-tuned, with additional input from both sides, and there are only a few remaining points of disagreement. In the hopes of finalizing this Peace Plan, I have directed my Special Envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with President Putin in Moscow and, at the same time, Secretary of the Army Dan Driscoll will be meeting with the Ukrainians. I will be briefed on all progress made, along with Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, and White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles. I look forward to hopefully meeting with President Zelenskyy and President Putin soon, but ONLY when the deal to end this War is FINAL or, in its final stages. Thank you for your attention to this very important matter, and let’s all hope that PEACE can be accomplished AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Archiv: Marco Rubio
Witkoff To Moscow. Zelenskyy Is Wary. A Phone Call Leaks. A Ukraine Peace Plan Coalesces.
“I know what it’s going to take to get a peace deal done: Donetsk and maybe a land swap somewhere,” Witkoff reportedly said.
Bloomberg did not say how it obtained the recording, which was likely made by US intelligence agencies who routinely monitor and eavesdrop on foreign officials’ conversations.
Ukraine: Was ist der Stand bei den Verhandlungen zum Kriegsende?
Carsten Kühntopp berichtet aus dem ARD-Studio Washington, dass mehrere Formulierungen des Papiers tatsächlich wie direkte Übersetzungen aus dem Russischen ins Englischen klingen. Das US-Außenministerium dementierte jedoch: die Russen und Ukrainer hätten lediglich Input für den US-Plan geliefert.
Hochrangige Mitarbeiter in Außenministerium und Nationalem Sicherheitsrat erfuhren laut Kühntopp von dem Plan allerdings erst aus der Presse. Die Verwirrung um die Herkunft des Plans spreche entweder für ein chaotisches Vorgehen der Regierung oder für einen Machtkampf zwischen Rubio, Witkoff, Vizepräsident JD Vance und anderen um den richtigen Kurs gegenüber Russland.
U.S., Ukraine agree to change draft of peace plan that appeased Russia
Negotiators in Geneva had been working off an earlier proposal that bipartisan lawmakers say would further destabilize global security by rewarding Russia after its 2022 invasion.
USA und Ukraine überarbeiten Entwurf für Friedensplan
Das Treffen in Genf hat offenbar Fortschritte gebracht: Vertreter der USA und der Ukraine haben gemeinsam einen überarbeiteten Entwurf für einen Plan zum Ende des Krieges erstellt. Eine erste Version hatte vor allem den Interessen Moskaus entsprochen.
U.S. senators say Rubio told them Trump’s Ukraine peace plan is Russian ‘wish list’
Rounds said „it looked more like it was written in Russian to begin with.“
The senators said they spoke to Rubio after he reached out to some of them while on his way to Geneva for talks on the plan. Independent Maine Sen. Angus King said Rubio told them the plan „was not the administration‘s plan“ but a „wish list of the Russians.“
The bipartisan group of senators, who are veteran legislators and among those most focused on foreign relations, stood together at the press conference as they relayed Rubio‘s message on the call.
Rubio facing scrutiny after telling US senators that 28-point plan is a Russian proposal passed along to Ukraine
The U.S. bipartisan Senate delegation attending the Halifax International Security Forum had received a phone call from Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
In it, Rubio was quite frank.
According to Republican Senator Mike Rounds, Rubio told senators that the 28-point peace plan drawn up by Special Envoy Steve Witkoff and his Russian counterpart, Kirill Dmitriev, was actually a Russian plan that the U.S. had agreed to pass along to Ukraine.
US, UAE discuss Sudan after Trump vows to end war there
The top American and Emirati diplomat spoke Friday about the need to end the Sudan war, the US State Department said.
“The Secretary and the Foreign Minister continued discussions on our collective efforts to achieving a humanitarian ceasefire in Sudan,” State Department Principal Deputy Spokesperson Tommy Pigott said after a call between Secretary of State Marco Rubio and UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed.
Rubio slams UNRWA as a ‚subsidiary of Hamas,‘ vows it will not ‚play any role‘ in delivering aid to Gaza
„UNRWA‘s not going to play any role in it,“ Rubio said when asked about whether the controversial agency would assist in delivering humanitarian aid to Gaza. „The United Nations is here. They‘re on the ground. We‘re willing to work with them if they can make it work, but not UNRWA. UNRWA became a subsidiary of Hamas.“
Addressing Turkey, PA role in Gaza, Rubio says Israel must be ‘comfortable’ with countries that send troops
Asked in a press conference at the US Civil-Military Coordination Center whether Turkish troops would be deployed in the International Stabilization Force to be set up in the Strip, Rubio says, “We haven’t formed that force yet, so there’s still work going on.”
“Obviously, as you put together this force, it’ll have to be countries that Israel is comfortable with as well,” he continues, saying that “there are a lot of countries that are expressing interest right now,” adding he couldn’t specify them.
‚Threat To Peace‘: Rubio Warns Israel Against Pursuing West Bank Annexation In Rare U.S. Rebuke
Ahead of his visit to Israel, Rubio stated that the Knesset’s initial vote to extend Israeli sovereignty over Judea and Samaria risks undermining President Trump’s regional stabilization plan. He warned that such a move could prove “counterproductive” to ongoing peace initiatives and noted that several non–Middle Eastern nations are prepared to deploy troops to help secure Gaza.
Rubio promises ‚unwavering support‘ to Israel in Gaza goals
„The people of Gaza deserve a better future, but that better future cannot begin until Hamas is eliminated,“ Rubio told reporters next to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
„You can count on our unwavering support and commitment to see [it] come to fruition.“
Maduro: No one believes Marco Rubio‘s lies against Venezuela
In this regard, he said that imperialism attacks Venezuela with the threat of its warships for two reasons: „One is that they come for Venezuela‘s wealth. They come for the oil, for the world‘s largest oil reserves. The fourth largest gas reserves, they come for the natural reserves, for our soil,“ he listed.
„The second is that they are here for Simón Bolívar‘s project. They want to try to root out the great liberation project, so that the example doesn‘t spread to the world,“ he reflected.
He added that the U.S. government doesn‘t want the world to see „that a country‘s budget isn‘t spent on wars, it‘s invested in education, youth, and progress.“
U.S. Bans Visas for PA Ahead of UN General Assembly; ‘Trump Is an Enemy of Palestine’
According to Hadash MK Ayman Odeh, “In the end, only Israel and the US, perhaps along with Micronesia, will stand alone on the international stage, trying to defy the will of the majority of the world’s nations. Trump’s decision to prevent the Palestinians from participating in the UN General Assembly is yet another direct attack on the international order. But it doesn’t really change anything: the Palestinian people have the right to self-determination, just like any other people in the world. The whole world knows this and supports this fundamental right, and everyone who believes in justice and peace stands with the Palestinian people, now, more than ever.”
“Trump’s decision to ban Palestinians from the UN summit in New York is a full and direct attack on the UN and the international order. The US is an enemy of the Palestinian cause and is fully supportive of the genocidal settler Israeli government. The rest of the world, the UN, and all peace-loving peoples must resist this attack and stand by the Palestinian people. If it be – the UN conference should be held in Europe”, Hadash MK Aida Touma-Sliman agreed,
US visa ban on top Palestinian officials before UNGA sparks global condemnation
As UN host, Washington is obligated not to block delegates. While activists frequently demand visa bans on controversial leaders, the US rarely enforces such measures.
Exceptions include barring Sudan’s Omar al-Bashir in 2013 over ICC charges and forcing the General Assembly to meet in Geneva in 1988 when Yasser Arafat was refused entry.
OIC condemns U.S. decision to deny visas for Palestinian delegation to UN General Assembly
RAMALLAH, August 30, 2025 (WAFA) – The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) expressed its deep regret over the US State Department‘s decision to deny the Palestinian delegation visas to participate in the 80th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York next month.
The OIC called on the US government to reconsider this discriminatory decision, which contravenes international law and the Headquarters Agreement it signed, and to fulfill its obligations under this agreement and respect the role of the United Nations as an inclusive platform for all states and their official representatives.
The OIC also called on all parties to the international community, particularly the United Nations, to take urgent action with the relevant US authorities to reverse this decision.
US revokes visas of Palestinian president and other officials ahead of UN General Assembly
The State Department said in a statement that Rubio also ordered some new visa applications from Palestinian officials, including those tied to the Palestine Liberation Organization, be denied.
“It is in our national security interests to hold the PLO and PA accountable for not complying with their commitments, and for undermining the prospects for peace,” the statement said.
Trump admin imposes sanctions on more International Criminal Court officials
According to a State Department fact sheet, Prost, an ICC judge “is being designated for ruling to authorize the ICC’s investigation into U.S. personnel in Afghanistan.”
Guillou, another judge, “is being designated for ruling to authorize the ICC’s issuance of arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant,” the fact sheet said.
State Department is firing more than 1,300 staff on Friday
The State Department has begun firing more than 1,300 people as part of a dramatic overhaul of the agency, according to a State Department official.
The firings will affect 1,107 civil service and 246 foreign service officers, an internal notice seen by CNN said. It comes as the State Department implements a drastic reorganization as part of the Trump administration’s broader efforts to shrink the federal government.
State Dept. says wrongfully deported Maryland man is alive and in El Salvador.
A State Department official said in a two-page court filing that the man, Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia, a Salvadoran migrant who had been living in Maryland before he was deported, was “alive and secure” in a terrorism confinement center in El Salvador.
State Dept. ignores order to detail return of wrongly deported migrant
Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele is an ally of President Donald Trump and has agreed to accept deportees from the United States.
Bukele is set to meet with Trump in Washington on Monday.
The Trump administration has said that Abrego Garcia was deported to El Salvador on March 15 because of an “administrative error.”
Secretary Rubio’s Meeting with Belgian Prime Minister De Wever
(April 4, 2025)
Secretary of State Marco Rubio met with Belgian Prime Minister Bart De Wever today in Brussels and discussed shared priorities including NATO defense spending, China, and counternarcotics. They also reviewed ongoing coordination to enhance stability and security in Europe and around the world.
Trump confirms National Security Council firings as Waltz‘s Signal chat woes snowball
Waltz, who previously served as a Florida congressman and as a decorated combat Green Beret, has come under fire from Democrats and critics since March, when the Atlantic magazine‘s editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg published a firsthand account of getting added to a Signal group chat with top national security leaders, including Waltz, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and CIA Director John Ratcliffe, while they discussed strikes against Yemen terrorists. Trump and his administration have repeatedly defended the national security leader amid criticisms over the chat leak.
Signal is an encrypted messaging app that operates similarly to texting or making phone calls, but with additional security measures that help ensure communications are kept private to those included in the correspondence.
Here Are the Attack Plans That Trump’s Advisers Shared on Signal
The statements by Hegseth, Gabbard, Ratcliffe, and Trump—combined with the assertions made by numerous administration officials that we are lying about the content of the Signal texts—have led us to believe that people should see the texts in order to reach their own conclusions. There is a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisers included in nonsecure communications channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared. (…)
At 2 p.m., Waltz responded: “Typing too fast. The first target – their top missile guy – we had positive ID of him walking into his girlfriend’s building and it’s now collapsed.”
Vance responded a minute later: “Excellent.” Thirty-five minutes after that, Ratcliffe, the CIA director, wrote, “A good start,” which Waltz followed with a text containing a fist emoji, an American-flag emoji, and a fire emoji.
US-Sicherheitspanne zu Jemen-Angriff: „Das soll wohl ein Scherz sein“
Ein Journalist des US-Magazins The Atlantic wurde in eine Chatgruppe eingeladen. In der diskutierten 18 hochrangige Vertreter der US-Regierung über die Angriffe auf die Huthi-Miliz im Jemen, die nur wenige Stunden darauf ausgeführt wurden. Eine Panne, die vor allem bei den Demokraten für massive Empörung sorgt, in den Reihen der Republikaner wird abgewiegelt.
The Trump Administration Accidentally Texted Me Its War Plans
According to the lengthy Hegseth text, the first detonations in Yemen would be felt two hours hence, at 1:45 p.m. eastern time. So I waited in my car in a supermarket parking lot. If this Signal chat was real, I reasoned, Houthi targets would soon be bombed. At about 1:55, I checked X and searched Yemen. Explosions were then being heard across Sanaa, the capital city.
I went back to the Signal channel. At 1:48, “Michael Waltz” had provided the group an update. Again, I won’t quote from this text, except to note that he described the operation as an “amazing job.” A few minutes later, “John Ratcliffe” wrote, “A good start.” Not long after, Waltz responded with three emoji: a fist, an American flag, and fire.
‚Ball is in their court‘ — Rubio on Russia‘s move toward ceasefire with Ukraine
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio voiced hope on March 11 that Russia would accept the proposal for a temporary ceasefire with Ukraine.
„The ball is in their court,“ Rubio said during a press conference following the talks with Ukraine in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Zelensky Meets With Saudi Crown Prince Before U.S.-Ukraine Talks
Mr. Zelensky wrote on X that his discussions with Prince Mohammed, the de facto Saudi leader, who has sought to take a central role on the world’s diplomatic stage, were “good” and that he was “grateful” for the crown prince’s “wise perspective on global affairs and support for Ukraine.” Mr. Zelensky added that it was “especially important to hear words of confidence in Ukraine’s future.”
Their meeting came ahead of talks planned for Tuesday between Ukrainian and U.S. officials in the oil-rich Gulf state.
Neue Ukraine-Gespräche: Selenskyj reist nach Saudi-Arabien
Stand: 10.03.2025 06:59 Uhr
Neue Ukraine-Gespräche: Selenskyj reist nach Saudi-Arabien
What to know ahead of the talks between the US and Ukraine in Saudi Arabia
Sybiha also spoke Friday with Rubio ahead of the talks. Sybiha described it as a “constructive call.” A two-sentence readout from the State Department said Rubio “underscored President Trump is determined to end the war as soon as possible and emphasized that all sides must take steps to secure a sustainable peace.”
Ukrainian officials Yermak, Umerov, Sybiha, Palisa scheduled to meet with their US counterparts in Saudi Arabia on Tues – Zelenskyy
(March 8, 2ß25)
„Next week, I will begin with a visit to Saudi Arabia. After my meeting on Monday with the Crown Prince, Ukrainian diplomatic and military representatives will stay for a meeting on Tuesday with the American team. The Ukrainian team will include Andriy Yermak, Andriy Sybiha, Rustem Umerov, and Pavlo Palisa,“ the president said on the X network on Saturday.
Zelenskyy also said a meeting of the diplomatic teams of Ukraine and the UK took place in Kyiv on Saturday.
US to assess Ukraine‘s peace stance in Saudi Arabia meeting
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio will fly to Jeddah on Sunday for the bilateral talks with Ukrainian officials, who will be led by Andriy Yermak, a top Zelenskiy aide. Rubio is expected to be joined by National Security Adviser Mike Waltz and Trump‘s Middle East envoy, Steve Witkoff.
„You can‘t say ‚I want peace,‘ and, ‚I refuse to compromise on anything,'“ one of the U.S. officials said of the upcoming talks.
Russia and US agree on Ukraine peace talks – Lavrov
Lavrov pointed out that the meeting in Riyadh was initiated by the Russian and US presidents, who had agreed that preparations for the next summit should be started. To achieve this, foreign ministers and national security advisers were tasked with meeting and determining what needed to be worked out before the two presidents “can negotiate specific dates and timelines for the summit.”