Archiv: Jemen / Yemen


20.11.2025 - 17:20 [ Nicolas J.S. Davies / Mintpress.com ]

Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen: Calculating the Millions-High Death Toll of America’s Post-9/11 Wars

(26.4.2018)

As Barbara Lee presciently warned her colleagues before she cast her lone dissenting vote in 2001, we have “become the evil we deplore.” But these wars have not been accompanied by fearsome military parades (not yet) or speeches about conquering the world. Instead they have been politically justified by “information warfare” to demonize enemies and fabricate crises, and then waged in a “disguised, quiet, media free” way, to hide their cost in human blood from the American public and the world.

After 16 years of war, about 6 million violent deaths, 6 countries utterly destroyed and many more destabilized, it is urgent that the American public come to terms with the true human cost of our country’s wars and how we have been manipulated and misled into turning a blind eye to them – before they go on even longer, destroy more countries, further undermine the rule of international law and kill millions more of our fellow human beings.

11.09.2025 - 20:41 [ Nicolas J.S. Davies / Mintpress.com ]

Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen: Calculating the Millions-High Death Toll of America’s Post-9/11 Wars

(26.4.2018)

As Barbara Lee presciently warned her colleagues before she cast her lone dissenting vote in 2001, we have “become the evil we deplore.” But these wars have not been accompanied by fearsome military parades (not yet) or speeches about conquering the world. Instead they have been politically justified by “information warfare” to demonize enemies and fabricate crises, and then waged in a “disguised, quiet, media free” way, to hide their cost in human blood from the American public and the world.

After 16 years of war, about 6 million violent deaths, 6 countries utterly destroyed and many more destabilized, it is urgent that the American public come to terms with the true human cost of our country’s wars and how we have been manipulated and misled into turning a blind eye to them – before they go on even longer, destroy more countries, further undermine the rule of international law and kill millions more of our fellow human beings.

11.09.2025 - 05:11 [ Al Jazeera ]

Maps: Israel has attacked six countries in the past 72 hours

In just three days, Israel has carried out strikes in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia, Qatar and Yemen.

10.09.2025 - 19:06 [ Al Jazeera ]

Israel attacks Yemen’s capital, Sanaa, a day after bombing Qatar’s Doha

At least nine people have been killed after Israel carried out air strikes in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, and al-Jawf governorate, a day after targeting Hamas leaders in the Qatari capital, Doha.

Yemen’s Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that 118 people were wounded in Israeli aggression on Sanaa and al-Jawf. It described the figures as a preliminary toll, warning the number could rise as rescue teams continue to search for victims.

30.08.2025 - 19:23 [ Saba.ye ]

President Al-Mashat mourns Prime Minister’s Death, warns Israel of “Dark Days” ahead

President Mahdi Al-Mashat, head of the Supreme Political Council, mourned the death of Prime Minister of the Government of Change and Construction, Ahmed Ghalib Al-Rahwi, and several of his companions who were killed in an Israeli strike last Thursday. He extended condolences to the victims’ families, the Yemeni people, and state institutions, hailing the fallen officials as examples of responsibility and service.

30.08.2025 - 19:20 [ New York Times ]

Houthis Say Prime Minister Was Killed in Israeli Attack

Israel killed the prime minister of the Houthi-controlled government in Yemen, Ahmed al-Rahawi, in an attack this past week that hit the capital, Sana, a Houthi spokesman said on Saturday. He was the most senior official in the Iranian-backed militant group to be killed in the conflict so far.

In a statement, the Houthi government said that a number of Mr. al-Rahawi’s colleagues were also killed and wounded, without naming them. It said Israel had attacked while they had gathered in Sana for a government workshop on Thursday afternoon.

08.05.2025 - 14:58 [ Al Jazeera ]

US official says Washington may advance Saudi deal without Israel: Reports

According to The Jerusalem Post, the US official told attendees Israel could face “a much heavier price” if it continues to oppose a ceasefire deal.

“President Trump is determined to move forward with a significant deal with Saudi Arabia, even without Israeli involvement,” the official reportedly said. “The ceasefire agreement with the Houthis is just a prelude. If Israel doesn’t come to its senses, even the ‘Deal of the Millennium’ will happen without it.”

The report said families of the captives hoped the meeting would result in greater international pressure on Israeli leaders to act.

07.05.2025 - 17:28 [ Times of Oman ]

Egypt welcomes Oman’s efforts leading to ceasefire agreement in Yemen

In a statement issued today by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt expressed hope that this agreement would positively impact freedomn of navigation in the Red Sea.

07.05.2025 - 17:15 [ Jordan Times ]

Jordan welcomes Oman-brokered Yemen ceasefire, urges diplomatic solutions

In a statement on Tuesday, the ministry praised the diplomatic efforts of the brotherly Sultanate of Oman, which played a key role in mediating the agreement. The ministry emphasised that the deal marks a significant move toward de-escalating conflict in the region

07.05.2025 - 17:07 [ Times of Oman ]

GCC Secretary-General hails Oman‘s efforts in Yemen conflict resolution

His Excellency Jassim Mohammed Al-Budaiwi, Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), said that the efforts made by the Sultanate of Oman in mediating between the United States and the relevant authorities in the Republic of Yemen, which led to a ceasefire agreement between the two sides, embody the constructive and effective role played by Oman in supporting regional security and stability.

07.05.2025 - 17:04 [ Times of Oman ]

Oman welcomes US-Yemen ceasefire pact

(May 6, 2025)

Under this agreement, neither party will target the other, including American vessels, in the Red Sea and the Bab Al-Mandab Strait, thereby safeguarding freedom of navigation and ensuring the unimpeded flow of international commercial shipping.

The Sultanate of Oman extends its appreciation to both parties for their constructive approach, which has yielded this positive outcome.

06.05.2025 - 09:29 [ Al Jazeera ]

LIVE: Israeli forces attack Yemen, Lebanon, Syria and Gaza in one day

Israel has attacked Yemen, Lebanon and Syria, as well as Gaza, where air raids killed at least 54 people on Monday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Gaza’s more than 2 million people “will be moved” in a new ground offensive as Israel’s total blockade on the enclave reaches 65 days.

04.05.2025 - 19:31 [ Antiwar.com ]

Hegseth Threatens Iran Over Yemen

(May 1, 2025)

While the Houthis, officially known as Ansar Allah, are aligned with Iran, the Yemeni group has its own domestic missile and drone program, meaning they’re not reliant on Tehran for military support. This has been acknowledged by US officials, including President Trump.

“They’re experts on missiles. I mean, they actually make missiles. Nobody thought that, but they make missiles. It’s highly sophisticated,” President Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in early April.

In March, The Washington Post, citing US officials, reported that the Houthis have “established their own substantial, independent weapons production capability.”

The Houthis also operate independently and aren’t likely to take orders from Tehran.

04.05.2025 - 18:46 [ GulfNews.com ]

Israel fails to intercept Houthi missile, vows harsh response

The IDF wasn’t more specific on what fell. A military spokesman for the Houthis said the group had fired a ballistic missile, and warned airlines against flying into Ben Gurion.

Most of the missiles launched by Houthis from Yemen at Israel have been successfully intercepted, including one on Saturday and two on Friday.

04.05.2025 - 18:40 [ ABC Australia ]

Houthi missile gets through Israel’s air defences and hits near country’s main airport

In recent weeks, the United States has positioned THAAD anti-ballistic missile defence systems in Israel, bolstering the existing Iron Dome system.

It appears that still was not enough to stop the missile getting through.

04.05.2025 - 18:39 [ Associated Press ]

A missile from Yemen halts flights in Israel hours before vote on intensifying Gaza war

The attack on Ben-Gurion International Airport came hours before Israeli Cabinet ministers were set to vote on whether to intensify military operations in Gaza. The army began calling up thousands of reserves in anticipation of a wider operation, officials said.

Israel’s army confirmed this was the first time a missile struck the airport grounds since the war began, though fragments of missiles or interceptors have struck nearby.

30.04.2025 - 15:07 [ Saba.ye ]

Government of Change: British enemy must anticipate consequences of its aggression against Yemen

The Government of Change and Construction said in a statement issued today, „With typical British impudence, the British Ministry of Defense announced the implementation of a joint military aggression with the American enemy against our country, south of Sana‘a, in response, the Government of Change and Construction affirms that the British enemy must reckon with its predicament and anticipate the consequences of its aggression against the Republic of Yemen.“

30.04.2025 - 14:59 [ San Antonio Express-News ]

UK military launches airstrikes with US targeting Yemen‘s Houthi rebels

“This action was taken in response to a persistent threat from the Houthis to freedom of navigation,” U.K. Defense Secretary John Healey said. “A 55% drop in shipping through the Red Sea has already cost billions, fueling regional instability and risking economic security for families in the U.K.”

30.04.2025 - 14:54 [ Saba.ye ]

Massacre in Furat Al-Shu‘abi neighborhood & market… Another testament to American brutality

[Wed, 30 Apr 2025 12:24:19 +0300]

Sana‘a – Saba:
Civilians—women and children—along with densely populated homes and neighborhoods, bustling markets, commercial shops, cemeteries, and civilian facilities and properties.

This is the target bank of the American enemy since the beginning of its brutal aggression against the Yemeni people, which escalated last Sunday evening with an attack on the crowded residential area and market of Fura in the capital‘s municipality.

30.04.2025 - 14:52 [ New York Times ]

Britain Joins U.S. in Strike Against Houthis in Yemen

There was no immediate comment from the American military about the operation, which the British Defense Ministry said early Wednesday was carried out overnight “to degrade Houthi capabilities and prevent further attacks against U.K. and international shipping.”

Typhoon jets using precision guided bombs took part in the mission, the ministry said in a statement. The target was “a cluster of buildings, used by the Houthis to manufacture drones of the type used to attack ships in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, located some 15 miles south of Sana,” the statement added, referring to the Yemeni capital.

23.04.2025 - 00:05 [ theMercury.com ]

Trump says ‚on the same side of every issue‘ with Netanyahu after call

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he had spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and that they were united on issues including trade and Iran.

„The call went very well — We are on the same side of every issue,“ Trump said on his social media platform.

22.04.2025 - 23:05 [ Saba.ye ]

US aggression targets Hodeida with continuous raids

Tue, 22 Apr 2025 22:44:32 +0300]

Hodeida – Saba:

A US-led aggression targeted Al Hodeida Governorate this evening with a series of airstrikes.

22.04.2025 - 23:03 [ Mehr News ]

US warplanes launch over 40 airstrikes across Yemen

According to Al Jazeera, US warplanes carried out a wide range of airstrikes on different parts of Yemen from Monday night until the early hours of Tuesday morning.

22.04.2025 - 23:00 [ New York Times ]

U.S. Airstrike Hits Yemeni Capital, Killing 12, Local Health Officials Say

(April 21, 2025)

An American airstrike hit a densely populated area of the Yemeni capital on Sunday, killing 12 people and injuring 30, according to the health ministry of the Houthi-led government.

Two witnesses who live in the capital, Sana, said that the attack struck a neighborhood near the Old City, a densely populated Unesco world heritage site that is filled with ancient towers.

19.04.2025 - 01:52 [ Pramila Jayapal, Member of Congress ]

Jayapal, Khanna, Hoyle Demand Answers Over Unauthorized Military Strikes in Yemen by Trump Administration

(April 9, 2025)

WASHINGTON, DC — U.S. Representatives Pramila Jayapal (WA-07), Ro Khanna (CA-17), and Val Hoyle (OR-04) are expressing major concerns over the lack of Congressional approval for U.S. military strikes in Yemen.

“The U.S. Constitution is clear: Congress holds the sole power to authorize offensive military action,” wrote the Members. “While we share concerns about maritime security in the Red Sea, we call on your

Administration to immediately cease unauthorized use of military force and instead seek specific statutory authorization from Congress before involving the U.S. in an unconstitutional conflict in the Middle East, which risks endangering U.S. military personnel in the region and escalating into a regime-change war.”

19.04.2025 - 01:43 [ Nicolas J.S. Davies / Mintpress.com ]

Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen: Calculating the Millions-High Death Toll of America’s Post-9/11 Wars

(26.4.2018)

As Barbara Lee presciently warned her colleagues before she cast her lone dissenting vote in 2001, we have “become the evil we deplore.” But these wars have not been accompanied by fearsome military parades (not yet) or speeches about conquering the world. Instead they have been politically justified by “information warfare” to demonize enemies and fabricate crises, and then waged in a “disguised, quiet, media free” way, to hide their cost in human blood from the American public and the world.

After 16 years of war, about 6 million violent deaths, 6 countries utterly destroyed and many more destabilized, it is urgent that the American public come to terms with the true human cost of our country’s wars and how we have been manipulated and misled into turning a blind eye to them – before they go on even longer, destroy more countries, further undermine the rule of international law and kill millions more of our fellow human beings.

19.04.2025 - 01:28 [ Alexander Howard / Bluesky ]

“There remains little clarity on what right the President has to repeatedly strike a foreign country without the approval of Congress” .. If another nation bombed a U.S. city & killed civilians, our Congress would treat that as an act of war — because it is.

19.04.2025 - 01:12 [ New Yorker ]

The Other Side of Signalgate

(April 8, 2025)

American Presidents have struck Yemen before, often pointing to the Authorization for the Use of Military Force, a joint resolution passed after 9/11, which gave the President the power to attack terrorist targets in foreign countries without a formal “declaration of war.” But Trump hasn’t invoked the A.U.M.F.; instead, he echoed aides who say that it is within the President’s constitutional power to launch attacks for defensive purposes. His predecessors, too, seemed to operate with that license: most recently, the Biden Administration continued to strike Houthi targets, without Congressional approval, even after taking the Houthis off the list of foreign terrorist organizations.

18.04.2025 - 16:05 [ Antiwar.com ]

US Massacres Civilian Workers and Paramedics in Attack on Yemen Fuel Port

On Thursday night, the US bombed the Ras Isa fuel port in Yemen’s Red Sea province of Hodeidah, targeting the facility with two attacks that killed dozens of civilian workers and paramedics.

According to Yemen’s Health Ministry, at least 74 people, including at least five paramedics, were killed, and 171 were wounded. The paramedics were hit by a second US attack on the facility that came after rescue workers had already arrived at the scene to help victims of the first strikes (watch graphic footage of the aftermath of the attack here).

18.04.2025 - 15:32 [ Al Jazeera ]

US air strikes kill 74, injure 171 in Yemen

“Today, US forces took action to eliminate this source of fuel for the Iran-backed Houthi terrorists,” CENTCOM said on Thursday in a post on social media. “The objective of these strikes was to degrade the economic source of power of the Houthis,” it said.

Al Jazeera correspondent Mohammed al-Attab, reporting from Yemen’s capital Sanaa, said the US air strikes hit several different areas, but were most concentrated around the port facility.

“The first four air raids were waged while the people were working,” he said. The air raids took employees by surprise, he said, including truck drivers who were on the scene at the time.

18.04.2025 - 01:15 [ Saba.ye ]

Citizen martyred by Saudi enemy fire in Sa‘ada

[Thu, 17 Apr 2025 16:12:42 +0300]

Sa‘ada – Saba:
A citizen was martyred by Saudi enemy fire in Sa‘ada province on Thursday, a security official said..

18.04.2025 - 01:10 [ AP News ]

Suspected US airstrikes kill at least 1 in Yemen’s rebel-held capital, Sanaa, Houthis say

An intense series of suspected U.S. airstrikes hit sites across Yemen held by the Houthi rebels into Thursday morning, with at least one person reportedly being killed in the capital, Sanaa.

18.04.2025 - 01:03 [ Military Times ]

US forces strike Yemen oil port in ongoing campaign against Houthis

Ras Isa is a critical oil pipeline and port, one of three on the country’s west coast through which the vast majority of imports and humanitarian assistance enter Yemen.