Archiv: Tote / Todesfälle / deaths


28.11.2025 - 01:32 [ CNN ]

US official says shooting suspect was vetted by intel agencies and “clean on all checks”

At the time, the CIA would have done its own vetting of him through a variety of databases, including the National Counterterrorism Center database, to see if he had any known ties to terrorist groups. The CIA did its own vetting before he started working with them and kept the identities of those they worked with secret, the official said.

NCTC would have vetted him again during Operation Allies Welcome in 2021 for any ties to terrorism before he was allowed into the US. He was clean then as well and did not show any ties to terror organizations, per the senior US official.

28.11.2025 - 01:29 [ Associated Press ]

Afghan national charged in Guard ambush shooting drove across US to carry out attack, officials say

Jeanine Pirro, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, declined to provide a motive for Wednesday afternoon’s brazen act of violence which occurred just blocks from the White House. The presence of troops in the nation’s capital and other cities around the country has become a political flashpoint.

28.11.2025 - 01:20 [ NPR.org ]

National Guard shooting suspect served in CIA counterterrorism unit, group says

Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the Afghan man who allegedly shot two National Guard members in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, previously served in one of Afghanistan‘s elite counterterrorism units, according to AfghanEvac, a nonprofit run by U.S. veterans and others who served in Afghanistan.

The unit was operated by the CIA with direct U.S. intelligence and military support, according to AfghanEvac.

28.11.2025 - 01:15 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Attentat auf Nationalgarde: Wie Trump den Angriff instrumentalisiert

Washingtons Bürgermeisterin und auch die örtliche Polizei haben sich immer wieder gegen den Einsatz der Nationalgarde in ihrer Stadt ausgesprochen. Der Bundesdistrikt Washington D.C. hatte sogar eine Klage gegen die Trump-Regierung eingereicht – und recht bekommen. Eine Bundesrichterin entschied vor etwa einer Woche, dass der immer wieder verlängerte Einsatz der Nationalgarde in der Stadt illegal sei.

Von dieser Entscheidung zeigt sich der US-Präsident aber unbeeindruckt. Nach den Schüssen auf die beiden Nationalgardisten fühlt er sich im Recht. Seinen Pentagon-Chef hat er jetzt sogar angewiesen, noch weitere 500 Nationalgardisten in die Hauptstadt zu schicken.

28.11.2025 - 00:48 [ Hong Kong Free Press ]

Tai Po fire: Death toll rises to 75 as Hong Kong leader promises HK$10K handout to all affected households

In a press briefing on Thursday evening, Chief Executive John Lee said the fire that broke out in seven blocks of Wang Fuk Court was “largely extinguished.”

According to the Fire Services Department, as of Thursday night, at least 75 people, including a firefighter, have lost their lives, making the blaze one of the deadliest in Hong Kong history.

20.10.2025 - 21:07 [ theNorthStar.com ]

White House Says Israel is Lying About Hamas after Israel Bombs Themselves Then Unleashes Bombs on Gaza in Retaliation

Fact punch: A senior administration official told conservative reporter Curt Mills: “Hamas did nothing. Israeli tank hit an unexploded IED that has probably been there for months.”

Why it matters now: Netanyahu used the Rafah blast to halt aid, resume bombings, and blame Hamas — while Washington knew within hours it wasn’t a Hamas attack.

Moral clarity: When leaders knowingly weaponize a lie to starve babies and bomb civilians, that’s not fog of war — that’s policy.

20.10.2025 - 21:01 [ Palestine Chronicle ]

US Government Knew Hamas Was Not behind Rafah Blast – Reports

Grim reported that “After Netanyahu said he was blocking all aid from entering Gaza in response, and unleashed a bombing campaign, the administration conveyed to Israel that they know what happened.”

Netanyahu “then announced he would re-open the crossings in a few hours,” he added.

Grim also cited Palestinian journalist Younis Tirawi as saying that the incident in Rafah was not a Hamas attack, “but rather a bulldozer operated by a settler company ran over some sort of explosive device or unexploded ordnance.”

20.10.2025 - 20:59 [ TheDailyBlog.co.nz ]

Wait? WHAT! Israel breaks ceasefire because they accidentally drove over their own bomb?

Israeli officials said later in the day that two IDF soldiers were killed in the attack. According to Haaretz, Israeli military officials said they thought militants fired on Israeli troops after exiting a tunnel, but other reports contradict the claim.

Curt Mills, the Executive Director of The American Conservative, wrote on X that a senior Trump administration official told him: “Hamas did nothing. Israeli tank hit an unexploded IED that has probably been there for months.”

Ryan Grim, a reporter for Drop Site News, reported something similar.

20.10.2025 - 20:55 [ Caitlin Johnstone ]

Israel Flipped Out And Killed 45 Palestinians After Running Over Their Own Bomb

In today’s news, Israel’s stupid fucking genocidal rapists ran over an unexploded ordnance from their own evil carpet bombing campaign, blamed Hamas for the explosion, started bombing the fuck out of Gaza again, killed scores of civilians, said they were once again cutting off aid to the enclave, and then quietly backed down on urging from Washington.

Rather than report that Israel violated the ceasefire agreement as blatantly as any agreement could possibly be violated, the western press have been referring to this as a “test” of the ceasefire

17.10.2025 - 17:04 [ ColombiaOne.com ]

Colombia’s Petro Warns Potential US Invasion of Venezuela Could Trigger Regional Fallout

(October 16, 2025)

Petro also reiterated his demand that the United States reveal the identities of the 27 people killed so far in missile strikes on alleged drug-running boats in the Caribbean, amid concerns that Colombian nationals may be among the victims.

Although Washington urged Petro to retract his statements, CNN reported — citing Pentagon sources — that at least one of the attacks had targeted Colombian citizens.

Earlier, Petro had said his government believed Colombians were among those killed in the bombings.

17.10.2025 - 12:55 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Fishermen terrified following latest US bombing at sea, says Aboud

“People are terrified at the risk of being killed at sea,” he observed. “Personally, I am very upset with our national position of bringing American warships and allowing them to by-pass the judicial process.”

“We have law and order. We are a civilised nation. Yet we have adopted and given blessing to warmongering murderers to come into our territory and kill people outside of the judicial process,” Aboud said.

17.10.2025 - 12:50 [ CaribbeanNationalWeekly.com ]

NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela

Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.

“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.

17.10.2025 - 12:27 [ New York Times ]

Trinidadian Family Says U.S. Military Killed Relative in Boat Attack

Chad Joseph, a 26-year-old from Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in Venezuela in recent months, told his family he would soon be taking a short boat ride back home.

He has yet to return, and now his family fears the worst.

On Thursday, his name spread across social media, with users saying that he was one of six people aboard a suspected drug vessel that had been blown up by the U.S. military this week.

13.10.2025 - 23:03 [ Al Jazeera ]

After Israel’s war halted, who is clashing with Hamas in Gaza?

What happened?

The Sahem unit, an armed unit affiliated with the Interior Ministry, said the clashes started on Saturday when “an outlaw gang killed resistance fighters from the Qassam Brigades”, the armed wing of Hamas, near the Jordan Field Hospital in Gaza City.

Witnesses told the BBC that 300 Hamas fighters stormed a residential block where Doghmush gunmen were holed up, and a Palestinian security source told the Reuters news agency that Hamas launched a campaign in Gaza City that killed 32 members of “a gang”.

According to the Interior Ministry, eight Hamas members and 19 clan members were killed.

03.09.2025 - 15:42 [ Washington Post ]

U.S. kills 11 in strike on alleged drug vessel from Venezuela, Trump says

In a secret assessment in April, U.S. intelligence agencies said that Maduro’s government “probably does not have a policy of cooperating with TDA and is not directing TDA movement to and operations in the United States.” Rather, the assessment said, the Venezuelan regime, while sometimes tolerating the gang’s activities inside Venezuela, largely views it as a potential security threat.

The assessment contradicted Trump’s claim that Maduro controls the group, a rationale he used in invoking the Alien Enemies Act as justification to deport alleged gang members without due process.

30.08.2025 - 19:23 [ Saba.ye ]

President Al-Mashat mourns Prime Minister’s Death, warns Israel of “Dark Days” ahead

President Mahdi Al-Mashat, head of the Supreme Political Council, mourned the death of Prime Minister of the Government of Change and Construction, Ahmed Ghalib Al-Rahwi, and several of his companions who were killed in an Israeli strike last Thursday. He extended condolences to the victims’ families, the Yemeni people, and state institutions, hailing the fallen officials as examples of responsibility and service.

30.08.2025 - 19:20 [ New York Times ]

Houthis Say Prime Minister Was Killed in Israeli Attack

Israel killed the prime minister of the Houthi-controlled government in Yemen, Ahmed al-Rahawi, in an attack this past week that hit the capital, Sana, a Houthi spokesman said on Saturday. He was the most senior official in the Iranian-backed militant group to be killed in the conflict so far.

In a statement, the Houthi government said that a number of Mr. al-Rahawi’s colleagues were also killed and wounded, without naming them. It said Israel had attacked while they had gathered in Sana for a government workshop on Thursday afternoon.

27.08.2025 - 21:16 [ CNN ]

At least 2 children killed and 17 people injured in shooting at Minneapolis Catholic school Mass

(today)

Here’s what you should know:

The shooter is dead: The gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, O’Hara said at the news conference. The shooter, who was in his early 20s but has not been publicly identified, was clad in black and armed with a rifle, a shotgun and a pistol. Police are still investigating a possible motive.

23.07.2025 - 05:24 [ Newsweek ]

Global Tributes Pour In for Black Sabbath Frontman Ozzy Osbourne After Death at 76: Updates

Ozzy Osbourne, the godfather of heavy metal and legendary frontman of Black Sabbath, has died at age 76—just weeks after sharing an emotional farewell with fans at Villa Park. The milestone concert, featuring Metallica and Guns N‘ Roses, marked his final bow after decades of genre-defining music and infamous stage antics.

Tributes from around the world continue to honor Osbourne following his passing at the age of 76. From fellow musicians to public figures, the outpouring reflects the legendary impact of the Black Sabbath frontman.

23.07.2025 - 05:10 [ Ozzy Osbourne / Youtube ]

Not Going Away

Not Going Away · Ozzy Osbourne

08.07.2025 - 16:55 [ ArabNews.com ]

What new research reveals about Gaza’s real death toll — and why it’s far higher than official figures

“Our estimate for the number of violent deaths far exceeds the figures from the Ministry of Health,” said Michael Spagat, a professor of economics at Royal Holloway College, University of London, the lead author of the study and chairman of the board of trustees of the UK charity Every Casualty Counts.

“The implication of this is that the ministry has not been exaggerating the number of violent deaths.”

28.06.2025 - 23:36 [ Sky News / Youtube ]

Doctors on the frontline: Victoria Rose and Tom Potokar take you inside the war in Gaza

(June 19, 2025)

Sky‘s Special Correspondent Alex Crawford presents a documentary about British doctors working on the frontline of the war in Gaza.

Doctor Victoria Rose and Tom Potokar speak from the hospitals frequently coming under Israeli military fire.

28.06.2025 - 23:32 [ Sky News ]

Amputations, badly burned bomb victims and lack of medicine: British surgeons on life in Gaza

(June 19, 2025)

Two British surgeons who have worked in Gaza during Israel‘s bombardment of the territory have filmed video blogs for Sky News. They don‘t see themselves as heroes or even remarkable – that, of course, is what makes them even more so.

28.06.2025 - 23:27 [ Channel4.com ]

Channel 4 to broadcast Gaza: Doctors Under Attack

(June 28, 2025)

Channel 4 has announced it will broadcast Gaza: Doctors Under Attack on Wednesday 2nd July at 10pm.

The one-off documentary, produced by Basement Films, examines allegations that Israeli forces have repeatedly targeted hospitals and healthcare workers during the Gaza conflict in breach of international law.

Gaza: Doctors Under Attack is a forensic investigation into Israeli military attacks on hospitals in Gaza. It also examines allegations of the targeting and abuse of doctors and healthcare workers in Gaza. Every one of Gaza’s 36 main hospitals has now been attacked or destroyed by Israel, with people forced to evacuate and healthcare workers reportedly killed, imprisoned and tortured.

The film was originally commissioned for the BBC but has been fact-checked and complied by Channel 4 to ensure it meets Channel 4 editorial standards and the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.

(…)

The broadcaster’s distinctive remit is set by Parliament
, and it has a role to represent unheard voices, challenge with purpose and reinvent entertainment. For more than 40 years, it has been a British success story, engaging generation after generation of young people.

28.06.2025 - 23:22 [ BBC ]

BBC statement about Gaza: Doctors Under Attack

(June 20, 2025)

For some weeks, the BBC has been working with Basement Films to find a way to tell the stories of these doctors on our platforms.

Yesterday it became apparent that we have reached the end of the road with these discussions. We have come to the conclusion that broadcasting this material risked creating a perception of partiality that would not meet the high standards that the public rightly expect of the BBC. Impartiality is a core principle of BBC News. It is one of the reasons that we are the world’s most trusted broadcaster.

Therefore, we are transferring ownership of the film material to Basement Films.

13.06.2025 - 15:06 [ Tehran Times ]

Iran urges emergency UN Security Council meeting, vows response to Israeli strikes

Major General Mohammad Bagheri, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces; Major General Hossein Salami, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC); Major General Gholam Ali Rashid, Commander of the Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters; Dr. Fereydoun Abbasi, former head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization; and Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Tehranchi, a leading nuclear physicist and academic, were all confirmed killed in the attack.

13.06.2025 - 12:25 [ Tehran Times ]

10 Questions and Answers About Israel’s Attack on Iran

10. Which parts of Iran were targeted?

Confirmed strikes hit Tehran, Tabriz, Isfahan, Hamedan, Ahvaz, Khorramabad, Kermanshah, and Qasr-e Shirin.

13.06.2025 - 12:18 [ Associated Press ]

Live updates: Israeli strikes kill Iran’s top military leaders and prompt retaliation

Israel launched a wave of strikes across Iran on Friday that targeted its nuclear program and military sites, killing at least two top military officers and raising the prospect of an all-out war between the two bitter Middle East adversaries. It appeared to be the most significant attack Iran has faced since its 1980s war with Iraq

12.06.2025 - 18:09 [ India Today / Youtube ]

Watch: New Video Emerges Of Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Which Crashed In Ahmedabad With 242 On Board

A Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner crashed shortly after takeoff from Sardar Patel Airport in Ahmedabad. The aircraft, carrying 242 passengers and crew, reached an altitude of 625 feet before yawing and crashing into a medical college hostel. The pilot issued a Mayday call before the crash. One survivor, Vishwas Kumar Ramesh, walked away from the wreckage. The crash is being investigated, with focus on the aircraft‘s flaps position during takeoff.

12.06.2025 - 17:58 [ Hindustan Times ]

Bone chilling video of Air India plane‘s fatal crash which resulted in 204 deaths

A CCTV footage has captured the harrowing moment an Air India flight took off from Ahmedabad airport before crashing into a student hostel shortly after.

22.04.2025 - 01:36 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

Police Tell Anti-War Protesters: ‘No Photos of Killed Gazan Children’

Israel Police barred protest organizers from holding photos of killed Gazan children or using the words “genocide,” or “massacre” despite prior assurances to the High Court that it would allow “controversial” signs. Cops conditioned approval for an anti-war protest this coming Thursday in Tel Aviv on the requirement that “no images of children or babies from Gaza” be displayed. This despite the exhibition of hundreds of photos of killed Palestinians children in Gaza during the protests held Saturday night in Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and Friday afternoon in Jaffa at a demonstration against war and occupation sponsored by Hadash.

20.03.2025 - 07:20 [ United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) ]

Statement on UNOPS colleague killed at UNOPS premises in Gaza

UNOPS Executive Director Jorge Moreira da Silva said:

“This was not an accident, this was an incident. What’s happening in Gaza is unconscionable.
I am shocked and devastated by this tragic news. I saw the absolute dedication of our team in Gaza last month. They and other UN workers and premises should never be targeted. My sincere condolences to all those affected.

Attacks against humanitarian premises are a breach of international law. UN personnel and its premises must be protected by all sides. The civilian population relies on the UN for lifesaving assistance, they are an essential lifeline at the time of utter tragedy and devastation.

I renew the UN call for the resumption of the cea

20.03.2025 - 07:17 [ United Nations ]

UN staff member killed in central Gaza blast, five others injured

At least one UN staffer has been killed and at least five others injured – several very severely – following an explosion at two UN guesthouses in Deir al Balah in the central Gaza Strip on Wednesday. (…)

The incident took place at around 11:30 AM local time on Wednesday. It followed strikes on Tuesday that resulted in some damage, and “a near miss” on Monday, Mr. da Silva said.

The UN buildings are situated in an “isolated area” in Dier al Balah.