You can support the work of this news agency, Nachrichtenagentur Radio Utopie, its mothership Radio Utopie and founder and artist Daniel Neun
– on Patreon
– by a donation via Paypal
– by posting about us on „social media“ (we don´t use them)
– by embedding our feed in your website or in a desktop widget
– by linking to us.
Daily Archives: 17. Oktober 2025
Chatkontrolle
Inhalt der Seite:
– Die Abschaffung des Digitalen Briefgeheimnisses
– Hilf jetzt mit die Chatkontrolle zu stoppen!
– Der Gesetzentwurf der EU-Kommission
– Verhandlungsmandat des EU-Parlaments
– Positionen der EU-Regierungen
– Position der Bundesregierung
– Die Verhandlungen
– Zeitschiene und Termine
– Die Akteure
– Was hat das Ganze mit dir zu tun?
– Mythen entlarvt
– Weiterführende Informationen & Argumente gegen die Chatkontrolle
– Alternativen zur Chatkontrolle
– Dokumente zur Chatkontrolle
– Kritische Stellungnahmen und Hintergrundartikel
(…)
Am 8. Oktober 2025 ist es uns gelungen, die beispiellosen Pläne zur Chatkontrolle mit einer knappen „Sperrminorität“ der EU-Regierungen aufzuhalten. Die ursprünglich für den 14. Oktober geplante Abstimmung wird nicht stattfinden, da es keine Mehrheit für den aktuellen Vorschlag gibt. Dennoch gibt es Gerüchte, dass Deutschland und die dänische Ratspräsidentschaft an einem alternativen Vorschlag arbeiten, dessen Einzelheiten nicht bekannt sind. Ein (möglicherweise nur geringfügig) geänderter Vorschlag könnte bei der nächsten Tagung der EU-Innenminister am 6./7. Dezember 2025 zur Abstimmung gestellt werden.
EU’s ‘chat control’ vote scrapped amid continuing opposition
(October 10, 2025)
Diplomats failed to secure the qualified majority required for approval during preparatory talks after Germany came out against the legislation, leaving the divisive measure in limbo.
Germany, a pivotal swing vote with its 83 million citizens, cited constitutional concerns over disproportionate privacy intrusions, drawing on prior court rulings against data retention.
WATCH: Huge Israeli air strikes on Lebanon despite ceasefire
Huge explosions were seen in southern and eastern Lebanon as Israeli warplanes targeted the area, killing at least one person.
Israel said it attacked Hezbollah infrastructure, despite a ceasefire deal in place since November last year.
Watch below for scenes from the ground:
Colombia’s Petro Warns Potential US Invasion of Venezuela Could Trigger Regional Fallout
(October 16, 2025)
Petro also reiterated his demand that the United States reveal the identities of the 27 people killed so far in missile strikes on alleged drug-running boats in the Caribbean, amid concerns that Colombian nationals may be among the victims.
Although Washington urged Petro to retract his statements, CNN reported — citing Pentagon sources — that at least one of the attacks had targeted Colombian citizens.
Earlier, Petro had said his government believed Colombians were among those killed in the bombings.
New York City Mayoral Debate
The three leading candidates in New York City‘s 2025 mayoral race — Democratic nominee Zohran Mamdani, Republican nominee Curtis Sliwa, and independent Andrew Cuomo — participated in a debate hosted by WNBC-TV, Telemundo, and Politico. They debated numerous topics, including qualifications to be mayor, their opinion on the activation of the National Guard in American cities, the Israel-Hamas war, and policing protests.
NYC mayoral debate: Mamdani, Cuomo, Sliwa face off | Live Updates
NEW YORK (WABC) — New York City mayoral candidates Andrew Cuomo and Curtis Sliwa tried to blunt Democratic front-runner Zohran Mamdani‘s momentum during a contentious first general election debate Thursday.
Palestine Action‘s bid to challenge its status as a terror organisation CAN proceed, judges rule, as they dismiss Home Office appeal
After the ruling Ms Ammori said: ‚This is a landmark victory: not only against one of the most extreme attacks on civil liberties in recent British history, but for the fundamental principle that Government ministers can and must be held accountable when they act unlawfully.
‚The Government‘s effort to avoid judicial scrutiny of its blatantly anti-democratic proscription – branding a protest group as ‚terrorists‘ for the first time in British history – has backfired spectacularly, and we now head into the judicial review in November with an even stronger legal footing.
‚Arresting peaceful protesters and those disrupting the arms trade is a dangerous misuse of counter-terror resources, with over 2,000 people having now been arrested – a staggering 3,100 percent increase in counter-terror arrests.
‚Rather than being used to protect the public, the Terrorism Act is being used as a political tool to silence them.
UK Home Office loses bid to block Palestine Action from challenging ban as terror group
During the judgement, four judges, including the Lady Chief Justice, also granted Palestine Action‘s co-founder, Huda Ammori, two further grounds to challenge the ban, that were previously rejected.
These grounds include that the Home Secretary, at the time, failed to consider relevant information or/and considered irrelevant information, and that she failed to follow her published policy „which prescribes that certain factors may be taken into account“.
Following Friday‘s judgement, Ammori praised the decision and described it as an „authoritarian ban“ that must be opposed.
President Sheinbaum urges non-intervention as Trump admits authorizing CIA operations against President Maduro.
(October 16, 2025)
“Self-determination of peoples—no to interference or invasion,” she said, clarifying that her stance was not only personal but also aligned with the Mexican Constitution.
Sheinbaum’s remarks came amid a growing climate of U.S. military aggression near Venezuela, which several Latin American governments have described as a threat to regional peace and stability.
Statement 2025: Stop US Aggression Against Venezuela! / ¡Alto a la Agresión Estadounidense contra Venezuela!
(October 12, 2025)
The Nicaragua Solidarity Coalition demands an end to US aggression against Venezuela, which is on the brink of outright war. Any escalation in the violence against Venezuela will cause more suffering and deaths in the South American country, destabilize the region, and endanger all countries seeking a path independent from US domination, especially Cuba and Nicaragua.
US actions indicate a strike on Venezuela is imminent:
After the Trump administration designated international drug-trafficking groups as “foreign terrorist organizations” (FTOs), without any evidence it accused Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro of being their ringleader. By July, a “secret directive” authorized military operations against FTOs at sea and on foreign soil.
Cuban president reaffirms solidarity and support for Venezuela
Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba and President of the Republic, today expressed Cuba’s solidarity with the people and government of Venezuela, in light of the recent approval by the United States government of covert CIA operations against the Bolivarian nation.
Venezuela denounces US „license to kill“ at the UN and demands answers
„So far, they‘ve carried out five lethal attacks, resulting in 27 deaths,“ he said, adding that some of the victims have been reported as Colombians, Venezuelans, and Trinidadians, so these actions „affect the entire region; it‘s not just a Venezuelan issue. The victims come from other countries as well.“
He warned about Donald Trump‘s threat to escalate these incidents into potential attacks on land targets, which violates the „provisions of Article 2.4 of the United Nations Charter, relating to the abstention from the use of force.“
Kamla, Defence Minister mum on 2 Trinis killed in US strike
As T&T and the wider Caribbean await an official response to reports that two nationals were among six people killed in a United States kinetic strike off Venezuela’s coast, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Defence Minister Wayne Sturge avoided questions from the media on the matter yesterday.
FFOS warns fishermen after US strike kills two Trinis: Stay close to shore
Aboud said it was frightening that T&T’s leader would endorse such actions, calling her comments “outrageous, violent, ignorant, aggressive, undiplomatic and unbecoming of a senior counsel.”
“Our people pay the price. I do not recommend that any of our boys move further than a mile from shore. I strongly advise all seamen to travel at five to ten knots because, at any moment, you can be bombed out of the sea. Even if it’s an accident, they will say, ‘We’re sorry, we thought…’ This is not what a responsible Prime Minister should be bringing to our shores and our people,” Aboud said.
Fishermen terrified following latest US bombing at sea, says Aboud
“People are terrified at the risk of being killed at sea,” he observed. “Personally, I am very upset with our national position of bringing American warships and allowing them to by-pass the judicial process.”
“We have law and order. We are a civilised nation. Yet we have adopted and given blessing to warmongering murderers to come into our territory and kill people outside of the judicial process,” Aboud said.
NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela
Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.
“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.
Trinidadian Family Says U.S. Military Killed Relative in Boat Attack
Chad Joseph, a 26-year-old from Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in Venezuela in recent months, told his family he would soon be taking a short boat ride back home.
He has yet to return, and now his family fears the worst.
On Thursday, his name spread across social media, with users saying that he was one of six people aboard a suspected drug vessel that had been blown up by the U.S. military this week.
US military drone strike on drug ‚submersible‘ in Caribbean leaves survivors, official confirms
A U.S. military drone strike in the Caribbean on a drug smuggling vessel Thursday left two to three survivors, a U.S. official tells Fox News.
The partially submerged vessel, described by the source as „big,“ was operating in international waters when it was hit.