You can support the work of this news agency, Nachrichtenagentur Radio Utopie, its mothership Radio Utopie and founder and artist Daniel Neun
– on Patreon
– by a donation via Paypal
– by posting about us on „social media“ (we don´t use them)
– by embedding our feed in your website or in a desktop widget
– by linking to us.
Daily Archives: 15. Mai 2025
ATLAS CLOUD from INSIDE OUT by JAMES COOK
from INSIDE OUT, released December 25, 2024
Türkiye urges Russia and Ukraine to compromise for peace
Speaking at a press conference following the informal meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Antalya on May 15, Fidan said there was cause for hope ahead of prospective talks between the two warring nations.
“If the parties‘ positions are harmonized and trust is established, a very important step towards peace will have been taken. We have enough reasons to be hopeful,” Fidan said.
But he also urged Russia and Ukraine to compromise for peace and stability in the region.
Peace negotiations in the Russian invasion of Ukraine
The first meeting between Russian and Ukrainian officials took place four days after the invasion began, on 28 February 2022, in Belarus, and concluded without result. Later rounds of talks took place in March 2022 on the Belarus–Ukraine border and in Antalya, Turkey. Negotiations in Turkey created an agreement in which Ukraine would abandon plans to join NATO and have limits placed on its military, while having security guarantees from Western countries, and not being required to recognize Russia‘s annexation of Crimea. The draft treaty was almost agreed to, but disagreements over security guarantees and the Bucha massacre ultimately halted negotiations.
Russia-Ukraine peace talks: Live Updates
While Zelensky has insisted he would only speak with Putin directly, the Russian president has so far given no indication that he is planning to travel to Türkiye.
Moscow and Ukraine last held direct talks in April 2022, also in Istanbul. Following reports that an agreement had been reached, Kiev unilaterally withdrew from the talks. President Putin later blamed Western interference and, in particular, then-UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who had reportedly urged Kiev to “just continue fighting,” for derailing the peace process.
Zelenskyy sends delegation to Istanbul headed by defense minister to meet with Russian reps
„I have decided to send our delegation to Istanbul now, but not everyone … The delegation will be headed by the Minister of Defense,“ Zelenskyy said at a press conference in Ankara on Thursday.
Sybiha: Russians completely ignoring the offer of full and durable ceasefire starting May 12
(May 12, 2025)
“We discussed strong steps that can be taken, including sanctions against Russia‘s banking, central bank, and energy sectors, combined with new defense assistance packages for Ukraine. Putin must understand the consequences of rejecting peace efforts and continuing the war. We coordinated our next steps, contacts, and efforts for this week and further. I am grateful to the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, and the European Union for their unwavering support and tireless efforts to achieve a fair peace,” Sybiha stressed.
Umfrage zur Präsidentschaftswahl: Lee Jae-myung mit 49 Prozent führend
Laut den am Donnerstag veröffentlichten Ergebnissen der National Barometer Survey (NBS) erhielt Lee 49 Prozent Zustimmung. Kim Moon-soo, Kandidat der Partei Macht des Volks (PPP), kam auf 27 Prozent, Lee Jun-seok von der Neuen Reformpartei auf sieben Prozent.
Lee Jae-myung leads presidential race in first poll after campaign kickoff
(May 13, 2025)
Lee Jae-myung of the Democratic Party has taken a clear lead over his rivals in the first public opinion poll released since the start of official campaigning for South Korea’s 21st presidential election, with results showing him ahead by a margin beyond the error range.
Former President Yoon faces resurgent calls to leave People Power Party
People Power Party Rep. Kim Yong-tae, who was named the new interim leader of the main conservative party on Thursday, suggested that Yoon leave the party in an afternoon press briefing held at the National Assembly in Seoul.
„I will meet with the (former) president at the earliest possible date and ask him to make a decision for the sake of the party and victory in the presidential election,“ Kim said during a question-and-answer session with reporters during the briefing.
Gaza: Latest Israeli Plan Inches Closer to Extermination
Israeli authorities, who have blocked the entry of aid, food, fuel, and medical supplies into Gaza for 75 days, have reportedly decided on a plan that would include “flatten[ing]” buildings and displacing Gaza’s entire population into a single “humanitarian area” if no “deal” with Hamas is reached by mid-May 2025. The dire humanitarian situation stemming from the unlawful blockade and plans to escalate forced displacement and widespread destruction demand a more robust response from other governments and institutions, especially the United States, France, Germany, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. Human Rights Watch called on all parties to the Genocide Convention to do more to prevent further atrocities, including ending weapons sales, military assistance, and diplomatic support to Israel, imposing targeted sanctions on Israeli officials, and reviewing and considering suspending bilateral agreements.
“Hearing Israeli officials flaunt plans to squeeze Gaza’s 2 million people into an even tinier area while making the rest of the land uninhabitable should be treated like a five-alarm fire in London, Brussels, Paris, and Washington,” said Federico Borello, interim executive director of Human Rights Watch. “Israel’s blockade has transcended military tactics to become a tool of extermination.”
Oxfam reaction to the Gaza IPC hunger figures
(May 12, 2025)
„Silence in the face of this manmade starvation is complicity. Oxfam urges governments to demand an immediate and permanent ceasefire; the release of hostages and unlawfully detained prisoners; an end to the siege; unimpeded humanitarian access; and accountability for Israel‘s use of starvation as a weapon of war.“
Jordan blocks access to Middle East Eye after investigation on Gaza aid drops
(today)
Jordanian authorities have blocked access to Middle East Eye‘s website, days after it published an investigation alleging that the Hashemite Kingdom had charged exorbitant fees while overseeing the delivery of international aid into Gaza.
Exclusive: Jordan profited up to $400,000 per Gaza aid airdrop, sources say
(May 8, 2025)
Sources say the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization (JHCO), an official body overseeing humanitarian aid into Gaza, has coordinated with Israeli authorities to act as the sole conduit for aid passing through Jordan.
MEE spoke with sources from international aid organisations and people with direct knowledge of the JHCO’s operations.
One source said much of the aid attributed to the JHCO in fact originates from foreign governments and NGOs, both Jordanian and international, while direct contributions from the Jordanian state are negligible.
Jordanian authorities have demanded $2,200 for every aid truck entering Gaza, according to two NGO sources and two others familiar with the scheme.
The fee, aid organisations were told by the JHCO, is paid directly to the Jordanian Armed Forces.
In addition, Jordan has charged between $200,000 and $400,000 per airdrop over Gaza, the sources said.
82 Palestinians killed in Gaza sine dawn, death toll climbs to 52,928
15/May/2025 12:14 PM
(…)
The death toll from the genocidal war and aggression waged by the Israeli occupation forces on the Gaza Strip has risen to 52,928 Palestinians, with nearly 119,846 reported wounded since October 7, 2023.