Daily Archives: 3. November 2025


03.11.2025 - 23:45 [ Nachrichtenagentur Radio Utopie ]

Support Radio Utopie

You can support the work of this news agency, Nachrichtenagentur Radio Utopie, its mothership Radio Utopie and founder and artist Daniel Neun
– on Patreon
– by a donation via Paypal
– by posting about us on „social media“ (we don´t use them)
– by embedding our feed in your website or in a desktop widget
– by linking to us.

03.11.2025 - 23:20 [ Soumaya Ghannoushi / Middle East Eye ]

Money, mercenaries and mayhem: How Israel and UAE are investing in regional chaos

Israeli and Emirati online networks have worked in tandem to shape narratives around Sudan and Gaza, targeting Sudan’s army even as RSF massacres mounted in El Fasher.

On the defence-industrial side, firms are expanding inside the UAE, tightening a two-way flow of money, tech, and intelligence. Israeli defence firm Controp is opening a UAE subsidiary making it the latest emblem of this deepening security embrace.

All the while, Emirati rulers boast of their „development model“ as a „shining example for the region“: authoritarian, anti-political, drenched in consumerism and spectacle.

It is a façade of progress built on repression. A mirage of modernity concealing a machinery of tyranny.

03.11.2025 - 23:05 [ Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) ]

FAMINE REVIEW COMMITTEE: SUDAN, OCTOBER 2025

1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

• For the current period of analysis (September 2025), and for the first projection period (October 2025 to January 2026), the Famine Review Committee (FRC) concluded that the classification of the towns of El Fasher and Kadugli in IPC Phase 5 (Famine, with reasonable evidence) is plausible. In the besieged town of Dilling, although the situation might be similar to that of Kadugli besieged town, the FRC was unable to determine whether a Famine (IPC Phase 5) classification is plausible due to extremely limited data availability.

• Uncertainty around the evolution of the conflict in the coming weeks and months raises a risk of Famine in areas surrounding the three towns, including Tawila, Melit and At Tawisha localities and the Western Nuba Mountains.

• Famine and the risk of Famine are urgent priorities, but they are only the most severe symptoms of a far broader and deepening crisis affecting millions across Sudan.

• This is a man-made emergency, and all steps needed to prevent further catastrophe are clear. Exert maximum diplomatic pressure on the parties to the conflict and their international supporters for a ceasefire and an end to the blockades —and ultimately an end to the conflict itself. Full humanitarian and commercial access should be enabled and local aid efforts strengthened.

• Given the scale of the crisis and the limited resources, humanitarian aid can only prevent famine temporarily and in limited locations unless these wider causes are addressed.

03.11.2025 - 22:44 [ Time Magazine ]

Famine Spreads to Two More Areas in Sudan, Including City Subject To Militia Atrocities

Famine has spread to two new regions in Sudan, including a major city in the Darfur region where a militia has reportedly carried out mass killings and sent tens of thousands fleeing in the last week.

El Fasher in western Darfur, and Kadugli in South Kordofan province, are now officially suffering from famine, the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) confirmed on Monday. Twenty other areas in the regions of Kordofan and Darfur are also at risk, the international body added.

03.11.2025 - 22:39 [ NPR.org ]

Nearly 400,000 people are starving in Sudan, a new report finds.

Famine has spread to two regions of war-torn Sudan, including a major city in Darfur where paramilitary fighters have been rampaging, a global hunger monitoring group said Monday, as the war has created the world‘s largest humanitarian disaster.

The Integrated Food Security Phase Classification, the leading international authority on hunger crises, said famine has been detected in el-Fasher in Darfur and Kadugli town in South Kordofan province. Twenty other areas in Darfur and Kordofan, where fighting has intensified in recent months, are also at risk of famine, according to the IPC.

03.11.2025 - 22:13 [ Al Jazeera ]

New light shed on el-Fasher horror as survivors arrive in Sudan’s Tawila

The memories of what happened in el-Fasher were difficult for her to put into words.

“The dead bodies were everywhere – in the streets, inside houses and at the gates of many houses,” Yahya told Al Jazeera. “Wherever you are in el-Fasher, you will see dead bodies scattered.”

Her testimony is one of several accounts from people who fled North Darfur’s capital after the Rapid Support Forces (RSF), a paramilitary group fighting Sudan’s regular army, captured the city on October 26.

03.11.2025 - 22:07 [ Lina Ghassan Abu Zayed / theIntercept.com ]

From Gaza to Sudan: “Their Pain Is Ours”

In Gaza, we are used to waking up to the sounds of explosions, counting the days between meals, and cycling constantly between fear and hope. We thought our pain was unlike any other in the world until we saw Sudan burning under the same silence. There, as here, people die from hunger and under rubble, cameras and lenses absent, as if pain in the Global South is not meant to be heard in the North.

In Sudan and Gaza, children are snatched from their mothers’ arms before they even know what safety feels like. Last Tuesday alone, some 460 people were reportedly killed by paramilitary forces in the city of El-Fasher. Estimates put the rate of displacement in Gaza at 90%; in Sudan, more than 14 million people have been displaced. Homes are destroyed, access to clean water is severely limited, food remains deeply scarce, and the wounded lie scattered on the ground without medical care, just as we witnessed in our small city on the Mediterranean coast.

Yet what hurts more than bombing or hunger is silence.

03.11.2025 - 20:38 [ DevdisCourse.com ]

International Coalition Mulls Stabilization Force in Gaza Amid Ceasefire Tensions

Countries are in negotiations over a U.N. Security Council mandate concerning an international stabilization force in Gaza. The Turkish Foreign Minister, Hakan Fidan, revealed these developments following a meeting with ministers from predominantly Muslim countries in Istanbul, amid heightened tensions between Hamas and Israel.

The meeting included Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and other nations that might deploy troops to monitor the truce.

03.11.2025 - 20:22 [ ActionNetwork.org ]

Lift The Ban – November 2025 Action

Locations for the November wave have now been announced, with actions to take place across the UK on two key dates (18th and 29th November), as well as four actions in London (20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th November) and one in the North of Ireland (22nd November). All actions will take place in central locations per town/city.

Read the all important Action Briefing Document here for full details as they emerge (this is a Live document, please check back regularly for info and changes) – taking action in Scotland? Please read the Scotland-specific Action Briefing Document as the law is slightly different there.

03.11.2025 - 20:13 [ Defend Our Juries ]

Lift the Ban – November

• Defend Our Juries are hosting a series of Open Calls as we approach the November 2025 National wave of action.

• Open Calls will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting on November 4th. Calls go live at 6:30pm via the button below.

• (note: the button will only go live once the call is active – refresh this if the button appears greyed-out after 6:30pm on the dates specified.)

03.11.2025 - 20:01 [ PrisonersForPalestine.org ]

Third prisoner joins Prisoners for Palestine hunger-strike

On Sunday 2nd November, Balfour Day, 20-year old Qesser Zuhrah and 30-year old Amu Gibb launched the Prisoners for Palestine rolling hunger strike by refusing food at Bronzefield prison. They have now been joined by Heba Muraisi, who is being held on remand at New Hall prison.

Heba, originally from Yemen, with family in Gaza, refused food, at breakfast time today, Monday 3rd November, becoming the third prisoner to join the national Prisoners for Palestine open-ended hunger-strike, alongside Qesser Zuhrah and Amu Gibb.

Heba Muraisi has been imprisoned without trial since being remanded into custody on 19th November 2024. She became one of the Filton 24, after being violently arrested in a dramatic dawn raid, by counter-terrorism police, in what was the third wave of arrests in relation to a Palestine Action raid on Israeli arms maker, Elbit Systems‘ Research and Development Hub at Filton, Bristol, in August 2024.

03.11.2025 - 19:53 [ theIndependent.co.uk ]

Wife of British journalist arrested by ICE fears for his health after ‘medical emergency’ in custody

Sami Hamdi was arrested by agents at San Francisco International Airport on October 26 as part of the Trump administration’s ongoing immigration crackdown. Mr Hamdi, a 35-year-old father of three and an outspoken critic of Israel’s war in Gaza, was on a speaking tour of the US when he was held.

His wife, Soumaya Hamdi, told The Independent Monday that her husband’s health had deteriorated while in detention.

03.11.2025 - 19:20 [ CNBC ]

SNAP update: Trump admin will pay 50% of food stamp benefits in November amid shutdown

McConnell, in a written order on Sunday, gave the U.S. Department of Agriculture two options.

One option was to make the full payment of SNAP benefits for November by the end of the day Monday by using Section 32 Child Nutrition Program fundings and other unspecified funds.

The other option was to “make a partial payment of the total amount of the contingency fund and … expeditiously resolve the administrative and clerical burdens it described in its papers, but under no circumstances shall the partial payments be made later than Wednesday.”

03.11.2025 - 19:13 [ New York Times ]

Supreme Court Confronts Trump and His Tariffs in Test of Presidential Power

The Supreme Court’s six conservative justices have so far been receptive to Mr. Trump’s claims of presidential authority. Among other things, they have allowed the administration to withhold funds appropriated by Congress, kick transgender troops out of the military and pursue aggressive immigration-related policies — but all on a temporary, emergency basis.

The tariffs case is the first time the justices have weighed the underlying legal merits of a key administration priority in Mr. Trump’s second term.

03.11.2025 - 19:04 [ Politico.com ]

Trump reverses course on attending Supreme Court arguments this week

The justices are set to weigh a pair of legal challenges to Trump’s use of emergency powers to impose tariffs on several countries by invoking a nearly 50-year-old law. No president before Trump has used the law, known as the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, to impose tariffs, which have brought in tens of billions of dollars to the U.S. government.

Trump’s decision came after at least one prominent Trump ally indicated it would be unwise for the president to attend.