Daily Archives: 3. April 2025


03.04.2025 - 20:30 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Sie wissen von der Bundeswehr-Beteiligung an der Kriegsflotte im Persischen Golf, oder?

(3. August 2021)

4. August 2019: Ich lege mich fest und prognostiziere, dass „Bundeswehr-Marine .. noch vor Weihnachten unter Oberbefehl einer ausländischen Macht in den Persischen Golf entsandt“ wird.

(…)

20. Januar 2020: Monate vor der Ausrufung des bis heute andauernden Ausnahmezustands und bereits im Windschatten von SARS II („Coronavirus“), beschließen die Staatsführungen von Frankreich, Deutschland, Griechenland, Italien, der Niederlande, Belgien, Dänemark und Portugal in einer gemeinsamen Erklärung die „European-led maritime surveillance mission in the Strait of Hormuz“ (E.M.A.S.O.H.), von der Sie und 80 Millionen Andere bis heute nie gehört haben.

03.04.2025 - 19:55 [ Antiwar.com ]

Report: Trump Is Preparing To Bomb Iran With Israel

The US and Israel are currently planning to bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities, an attack that could happen in a “few weeks’ time,” Daily Mail columnist Dan Hodges reported on Wednesday.

Hodges wrote the report while in Tel Aviv and cited Israeli political, diplomatic, and military sources.

03.04.2025 - 19:35 [ Reuters ]

Military confrontation seems inevitable if no new Iran nuclear deal, France says

(April 2, 2025)

Speaking after President Emmanuel Macron convened a rare and undisclosed meeting of key ministers and experts on Wednesday to discuss the Iran dossier, Jean-Noel Barrot appeared to ramp up the pressure on Tehran.

03.04.2025 - 19:24 [ ]

US sends 2nd aircraft carrier to Middle East as Trump threatens to bomb Iran

(April 2, 2025)

The Pentagon extended the deployment of the USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier strike group and ordered a second flotilla to the Middle East, Pentagon Spokesman Sean Parnell confirmed Tuesday. It also sent additional warplanes to the region, including F-35 fighters and B-2 stealth bombers, according to a U.S. official.

The posture shift came as Trump threatened to bomb Iran if the country does not strike a deal over its nuclear weapons capabilities.

03.04.2025 - 19:10 [ Times of Israel ]

CENTCOM chief Kurilla holds assessment with IDF chief during visit to Israel

(Today, 9:57 am)

United States CENTCOM chief Gen. Michael Kurilla, who arrived in Israel earlier this week, held an assessment with IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir, the Israeli military says.

The IDF says the meeting focused on “strategic security issues across the region.”

03.04.2025 - 17:25 [ Jerusalem Post ]

‚Israel, Russia to coordinate in air, sea, and electromagnetic arena‘

(October 27, 2015)

In Russia, Eisenkot met with his Russian counterpart, General Valery Vasilevich Gerasimov – the first time chiefs of staff from Russia and Israel held a direct meeting in Moscow. Eisenkot also participated in part of the meeting held between Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin. Afterward, the two sides agreed to set up a joint working group led by the deputy chiefs of staff from each country.

03.04.2025 - 17:15 [ @JComm_NewsFeeds / Twitter ]

Ukrainian President Zelensky used advisors linked to Likud, Netanyahu – report: During the war with Russia, Zelensky used the services of strategic advisors Srulik Einhorn, who ran a Likud campaign, and Yonatan Orich, Netanyahu‘s spokesperson.

(May 3, 2022)

03.04.2025 - 16:57 [ Times of Israel ]

Qatari lobbyist reportedly used WhatsApp group to coordinate with Netanyahu aides

(April 2, 2025)

After Israeli businessman Gil Birger revealed that Qatari lobbyist Jay Footlik had asked him to pay Netanyahu aide Eli Feldstein for his work on behalf of Qatar, Feldstein insisted that the funds were actually for his work for the Prime Minister’s Office.

However, Channel 12 reveals the existence of a WhatsApp group between Footlik, Feldstein and Yisrael Einhorn — Urich’s partner at a PR firm who also served as a campaign adviser for Netanyahu.

03.04.2025 - 16:45 [ Jerusalem Post ]

Feldstein, Urich give police conflicting testimonies

Feldstein, who formerly worked as Netanyahu‘s military spokesperson, claimed he received a salary from Israeli businessman Gil Birger. According to Feldstein, the payment was arranged through Netanyahu‘s close adviser, Urich.

Urich, however, denied the claim outright, stating he does not know Birger and has never spoken with him.

Birger, for his part, has said that he transferred the funds on behalf of Jay Footlik, a lobbyist for Qatar, citing tax considerations as the motive.

03.04.2025 - 16:33 [ Times of Israel ]

Qatargate: Third journalist summoned to give open testimony to police

After Israeli journalists Nir Dvori and Suleiman Maswadeh were summoned by police this morning to give open testimony in the ongoing Qatargate probe, Channel 13 reports that a third journalist, Israel Hayom’s political commentator Shirit Avitan Cohen, has also been summoned.

The three are not suspects in the case, and were instead summoned as individuals with knowledge of the events.

03.04.2025 - 16:29 [ Times of Israel ]

Jerusalem Post editor suspected of receiving ‘benefit’ from Qatar in exchange for positive coverage, AG and state attorney say

(Today, 11:48 am)

Klein is the only journalist to be questioned under caution regarding the Qatargate scandal so far.

“In the framework of his testimony, a significant suspicion was formed that the journalist was, together with the prime minister’s aides, part of the mechanism of receiving benefits from Qatar in exchange for advancing Qatar’s interests,” they add.

03.04.2025 - 16:22 [ Times of Israel ]

17 settlers arrested for attacking cops near illegal outpost, setting fire to police car

Dozens of Israeli settlers from the illegal Givat Habaladim outpost attacked police officers and set fire to a cop car last night.

Police say they arrested 17 wedding attendees near the outpost, located near Kochav Hashachar in the northern West Bank, after they assaulted a cop who was called to deal with a noise complaint from the event.

03.04.2025 - 15:38 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

Another Pogrom by Settler Terrorists in the Village of Duma

Three Palestinians were injured Tuesday evening, April 1, in a terror attack carried out by Israeli settlers in the village of Duma, located south of Nablus, in the occupied West Bank. The assault, which occurred under the protection of occupation forces, also resulted in the burning of two livestock farms and three vehicles.

Suleiman Dawabsheh, the head of Duma’s village council, informed WAFA news agency that around 300 Israeli colonists stormed the western side of the village, setting fire to houses, livestock farms and damaging vehicles.

03.04.2025 - 15:30 [ CNN ]

Hungary says it will pull out of ICC as Orban hosts Israel’s Netanyahu – who is wanted by the court

Hungary will withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC), its government said Wednesday, as the country’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban welcomed Israeli Prime Minister and ICC fugitive Benjamin Netanyahu to Budapest.

03.04.2025 - 14:23 [ ActionAid,org ]

A month of no aid in Gaza: ActionAid demands that Israeli authorities lift blockade as “new cycle of starvation and thirst” looms

(April 1, 2025)

After a month of no humanitarian supplies entering Gaza, ActionAid is calling on states around the world to take immediate action to pressure the Israeli authorities to lift the appalling ban on aid and avert impending starvation.

No food, water, medicines, shelter items or other essentials have been allowed into Gaza since the total blockade was announced on Sunday, March 2nd,

03.04.2025 - 14:01 [ WAFA.ps ]

Humanitarian situation in Gaza is unprecedented, beyond catastrophic, says official

Reham Al-Jaafari, Advocacy Director at ActionAid, said that the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip has surpassed catastrophe, describing it as unprecedented, given the lack of food, water, and fuel, and the complete collapse of the health sector.

03.04.2025 - 13:55 [ Al Jazeera ]

Fifty-six Palestinians killed in Gaza since dawn

23m ago (11:30 GMT)

Medical sources have told Al Jazeera that 56 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip today since dawn.

Thirty-five of those killings occurred in Gaza City, in the central Gaza Strip.

03.04.2025 - 13:52 [ Middle East Eye ]

At least forty-two Palestinians killed in Gaza since dawn

The death toll from Israeli attacks on Gaza since dawn reached forty-two, according to Al Jazeera.

Displaced people in the al-Mawasi area, west of Khan Younis in southern Gaza, were among those targeted by Israeli attacks.

03.04.2025 - 13:30 [ New York Times ]

‘It’s a Disaster’: Global Markets Slide After Trump Unveils Tariffs

The initial market reaction suggested that the scale of the tariffs had come as a surprise to investors around the world.

03.04.2025 - 13:27 [ CNN ]

Trump’s hefty tariffs send stock markets falling

Stock markets across Asia-Pacific and Europe fell Thursday and US markets were also set to open lower after US President Donald Trump imposed tariffs on trading partners around the world, with many Asian countries taking the biggest hits.