(archive entries)
Daily Archives: 2. November 2025
Aid Groups Warn Thousands at Risk in Darfur After RSF Takeover
(November 2, 2025)
Days after Sudan’s Rapid Support Forces (RSF) seized el-Fasher, the capital of North Darfur, in a violent assault that included the killing of more than 400 people at a hospital, aid groups warn that tens of thousands of civilians are at risk amid continuing violence, including some that may be trapped in el-Fasher and others harmed while fleeing.
Fears grow for thousands trapped in Sudan‘s el-Fasher
(Novemebr 2, 2025)
A total of 70,894 people have been displaced since the RSF took control, it said.
However, less than 6,000 have made it to the nearest camp in Tawila, 65 kilometers (40 miles) away, said Shashwat Saraf, Sudan director for the Norwegian Refugee Council, which runs the camp.
Almost 1,000 people arrived in the last three days, he said.
“The numbers are still very few. We are not seeing the hundreds of thousands that we were expecting. If people are still in el-Fasher, it will be very difficult for them to survive,” he told The Associated Press by phone from Tawila.
US attacks in Caribbean and Pacific violate international human rights law – UN Human Rights Chief
(October 31, 2025)
GENEVA – Airstrikes by the United States of America on boats in the Caribbean and the Pacific – allegedly linked to drug trafficking – violate international human rights law, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Türk said on Friday.
“Over 60 people have reportedly been killed in a continuing series of attacks carried out by US armed forces against boats in the Caribbean and the Pacific since early September, in circumstances that find no justification in international law,” the High Commissioner said.
“These attacks – and their mounting human cost – are unacceptable. The US must halt such attacks and take all measures necessary to prevent the extrajudicial killing of people aboard these boats, whatever the criminal conduct alleged against them.”
Panic on US ‘Aircraft Carrier’ Island After US-Venezuela Strikes Report
(November 1, 2025)
Tension is rapidly growing in the Caribbean country of Trinidad and Tobago after a U.S. newspaper reported that the U.S. was poised to strike military targets in Venezuela, as the U.S. military buildup in the region continues.
Military devise ‚war‘ plans after call-out – Troops stand down
MILITARY COMMANDERS have devised three specific courses of action to be taken in the event of any land strikes involving US forces and neighbouring Venezuela.
This follows a mandatory call-out of thousands of active soldiers, sailors and other personnel on October 31 to report for duty by 6 pm and a subsequent lockdown of all military installations.
(…)
The combination of a motion to extend the state of emergency for three months being debated in Parliament, media reports of an imminent strike to Venezuela, sparked a wave of anxiety in some parts of the country with some schools ending earlier and private businesses shutting their doors.
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar later called for calm, vowing to keep the public informed of any major developments.
Patriotic Front: Citizens want informed leaders
On October 31, Persad-Bissessar said she was unaware of reports that TT Defence Force (TTDF) personnel had been ordered to immediately return to base. She added she would find out and repeated her statement for people to remain calm in the face of reports which claimed US military strikes against targets in Venezuela were imminent.
Panday said, „The concern is that the head of the NSC should at least be aware of why the Defence Force was placed on high alert.“
She added if Persad-Bissessar genuinely did not know, „that raises serious questions about communication and coordination at the highest level of government, especially in a time of regional tension.“
How the US is preparing a military staging ground near Venezuela
The United States military is upgrading a long-abandoned former Cold War naval base in the Caribbean, a Reuters visual investigation has found, suggesting preparations for sustained operations that could help support possible actions inside Venezuela.
The construction activity at the former Roosevelt Roads naval base in Puerto Rico — shuttered by the Navy more than 20 years ago — was underway on September 17 when crews began clearing and repaving taxiways leading to the runway, according to photos taken by Reuters.
Fisherman officially reported missing: Family believes he died in US strike
Police in the Maracas Bay district are now officially investigating the disappearance of 26-year-old Las Cuevas fisherman Chad Joseph, whose relatives and community members have publicly claimed he was among the men killed in a US military strike at sea two weeks ago.
Joseph, of Salvary Lane, St Michael’s Village, Las Cuevas, was reported missing on Saturday evening by a 37-year-old businesswoman. She told police that the last time she saw him was on the morning of April 25, when he told her he was going fishing. He never returned.
Family of man believed killed in US strike files missing person report
The family of 26-year-old fisherman Chad Joseph, who is believed to have been killed in a US airstrike, has filed a missing person report with the Maracas Bay Police.
Police said a relative reported that Joseph was last seen around 5 am on April 25, when he said he was going out to fish from his home at Salvary Lane, St Michaels Village, Las Cuevas. He was not seen again.
Officers said the relative later chose not to complete a formal statement until speaking with an attorney.
15th US strike kills 3 more
The operation carried out on Saturday brings the total number of strikes carried out by the US in the Caribbean and Pacific to 15 and the total number of deaths 65.
US military kills three in another strike on Caribbean vessel
The operation, which began in early September, has killed more than 62 people, including nationals from Venezuela and Colombia, and destroyed 14 boats and a semi-submersible.
The Trump administration has said the attacks are targeting alleged drug smuggling, but has yet to present any evidence to the public to substantiate its claims.
Critics have called the strikes a form of extrajudicial killing and a violation of international law, which largely prohibits countries from using lethal military force against noncombatants outside a conflict zone.
Archiv: the „EVERY SINGLE GOVERNMENT ON THE PLANET IS WORTHLESS – EVERY SINGLE ONE!“ department (status: November 2025)
(archive entries)
Nabatieh reels from deadly Israeli attack: Four young men killed, three wounded
NNA – The city of Nabatieh and its surrounding areas awoke to the horror of a brutal attack carried out by Israeli forces, which resulted in the deaths of four local youths and injuries to three others. The victims were targeted last night while in a Range Rover on Doha-Kafarman road, on the eastern edge of Kafarman.
The city, which was preparing this Sunday afternoon to bury martyr Hassan Hamed Ghaith, a delivery worker killed in an Israeli strike on Shoukin road, was also set to mark the annual remembrance of its municipal massacre, in which 13 people, including Mayor Dr. Ahmed Kaheel, were killed during the 66-Day War.
Israeli air strike kills four in Lebanon, straining fragile ceasefire
The state-run Lebanon News Agency reported that the strike, which involved a “guided missile”, targeted a car at about 2:15pm (16:15 GMT).
The attack came a day after Lebanese President Joseph Aoun accused Israel of escalating strikes in response to his offer to negotiate a more lasting end to the cross-border attacks.
Gaza death toll rises to 68,865
The ministry added on Sunday that the number of wounded had increased to 170,670.
It said the bodies of seven victims arrived at hospitals in the Gaza Strip over the last 24 hours, including three recently killed Palestinians, three recovered from under the debris, and one who succumbed to their wounds.
Since the ceasefire took effect on 11 October, 236 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and at least 600 others wounded.
Israeli strike kills one in Gaza as Netanyahu vows to ‚eliminate‘ Hamas
At least 236 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli strikes since the ceasefire took effect, according to the Palestinian health ministry.
Three Israeli soldiers have been killed by Palestinian fighters in the same period, according to the Israeli military.
New York wählt neuen Bürgermeister – 34-jähriger Linker Favorit
Mamdani wurde 1991 als Sohn indischstämmiger Eltern in Uganda geboren; seine Mutter ist Filmemacherin, sein Vater ein renommierter Politikprofessor. Später zog die Familie nach New York. Seit seinem Studium engagiert sich Mamdani politisch und gehört als Mitglied der „Democratic Socialists of America“ zum linken Flügel der Demokraten. 2021 zog er für seinen Wahlkreis im New Yorker Stadtteil Queens ins Parlament des Bundesstaats New York ein.
Mamdani‘s youth support goes beyond New York. For many, he‘s now a national leader
Zohran Mamdani sits with attendees to watch „The Cost of Living Classic“ soccer tournament on October 19, 2025 in New York City.
New York City’s mayoral race and its message to Trump — and the world
Yes, New York is an overwhelmingly Democratic city. But its politics are still complicated and shifting. Its nearly 8.5 million people are spread across five distinct boroughs.
We visited all five to get a firsthand look as part of our All Over the Map project, which is aimed at tracking major stories through the eyes and experiences of everyday Americans.
Trump says he’s ordered Pentagon to ‘prepare for possible action’ in Nigeria
In a social media post criticizing what he called the “mass slaughter” of Christians in the country, Trump wrote the United States would “immediately stop all aid and assistance to Nigeria” and warned the government there to “move fast.”
In the lengthy message, Trump said the US “may very well go into that now disgraced country, ‘guns-a-blazing,’ to completely wipe out the Islamic Terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities.”