Archiv: Honte... sur TOI!


01.10.2025 - 22:27 [ Reclaim the Net ]

EU Revives Plan to Ban Private Messaging

(August 4, 2025)

Italy, Spain, and Hungary have been in favor of mandatory chat scanning from the start. France could tip the balance since blocking the plan requires four countries representing at least 35 percent of the EU’s population. Paris has moved from tentative support to saying it could “basically support the proposal.”

25.08.2025 - 15:40 [ theNation.com ]

The European Union Is Complicit in Genocide

(August 11, 2025)

The EU presents itself as a global champion of moral and legal leadership, grounded in the principles of human rights, international law, democracy, and humanitarianism. Yet its failure to uphold these values in the case of Palestine severely undermines its credibility. As Israel’s largest trading partner and second-largest arms supplier, the EU possesses considerable leverage; its refusal to use this influence to hold Israel accountable or protect Palestinian lives signals not powerlessness but a conscious choice of complicity. Moreover, given its member states’ historical entanglement in the colonial partitioning of the Middle East, the EU bears a deeper responsibility to act with justice. Its failure to do so today echoes the very dynamics of domination and double standards it claims to have left behind.

25.08.2025 - 15:35 [ Amnesty International ]

EU-Israel: Refusal to suspend the EU-Israel Association Agreement is a ‘cruel and unlawful betrayal’

(July 15, 2025)

Reacting to the EU’s decision not to suspend the EU-Israel Association Agreement, Agnès Callamard Amnesty International’s Secretary General said:

“The EU’s refusal to suspend its agreement with Israel is a cruel and unlawful betrayal – of the European project and vision, predicated on upholding international law and fighting authoritarian practices, of the European Union’s own rules and of the human rights of Palestinians.

This will be remembered as one of the most disgraceful moments in the EU’s history.

07.08.2025 - 09:23 [ Yahoo.com ]

EU diplomats confirm they won‘t yet sanction Israel on Gaza

(August 4, 2025)

Gathered online for their regular Mashreq/Maghreb Working Party and despite mounting pressure on Israel over the hunger crisis in Gaza, the 27 EU diplomats still couldn’t reach any qualified majority on a European Commission proposal to cut Israel from partial access to the EU‘s €95 billion Horizon Europe research fund.

“The situation has not changed,” one EU diplomat said, referring to a formal meeting of EU ambassadors last week which also failed to agree to the Commission’s proposal. The diplomat said the issue was now in the hands of the EU’s foreign affairs ministers, who will meet informally on 29 August.

24.07.2025 - 20:36 [ Middle East Eye ]

In the face of Israel‘s genocide in Gaza, ongoing silence and inaction is complicity

For nearly two years, we have witnessed a live-streamed genocide. War crimes have been well-documented by journalists, rights groups, doctors and civilians. There’s enough evidence to sift through for decades to come.

Activists and celebrities have reminded the western world of their vow to “never again” allow something like this to happen. Countless social media campaigns have pleaded with the public to keep “all eyes on Rafah” and on Gaza.

But still the genocide persists. Israel’s actions in Gaza and the occupied West Bank have become more brazen and violent than ever.

Why is this happening? It’s not because Israel is a small beacon of democracy in the Middle East surrounded by enemies. Rather, it’s because Israel is a rogue state surrounded by capitulators who have allowed this to unfold.

24.07.2025 - 20:14 [ Anadolu ]

Gaza death toll passes 59,200 as Israel continues genocidal war on Palestinians

(July 23, 2025)

At least 59,219 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s genocidal war on the Gaza Strip since October 2023, the Health Ministry said on Wednesday.

A ministry statement said that 113 bodies were brought to hospitals in the last 24 hours, while 534 people were injured, taking the number of injuries to 143,045 in the Israeli onslaught.

24.07.2025 - 19:44 [ Al Jazeera ]

Updates: ‘Unforgivable’ that world standing by as Israel starves Gaza: UN

(July 23, 2025)

18h ago (22:45 GMT)
Here’s what happened today

This live page will be closing soon. Here are today’s top developments:

Israeli attacks across Gaza killed at least 77 people, including 25 aid seekers, medical sources told Al Jazeera.
More than 100 aid agencies have warned of “mass starvation” of Palestinians in Gaza and called for an immediate ceasefire and all restrictions on humanitarian aid.
The Israeli government rejected the letter from the aid agencies, referring to them as echoing “Hamas propaganda”.
Al Jazeera’s Tareq Abu Azzoum, reporting from Deir el-Balah in Gaza, said: “Hunger has become as deadly as the bombs; families are no longer asking for enough, they are asking for anything.”
Israeli forces have shot and killed a teenager in the town of Arrabeh, south of Jenin in the occupied West Bank, the Wafa news agency reported.

24.07.2025 - 19:39 [ Middle East Eye ]

Starvation in Gaza: Dizziness, fatigue and people collapsing in the streets

Palestinians describe dizzy spells, collapsed elderly and daily hunger as Israeli siege pushes malnutrition to deadly levels

23.07.2025 - 19:50 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Any government in the world could expel the rogue state of Israel from the United Nations. None does.

(April 27, 2025)

It‘s not the world order that has failed the Palestinians. It‘s the world.

23.07.2025 - 16:27 [ Middle East Eye ]

Gaza hospitals report 10 more deaths from famine, bringing total to 111

The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza said on Wednesday that 10 more Palestinians have died over the past 24 hours due to famine and severe malnutrition, as Israel’s blockade continues to choke humanitarian access.

The latest fatalities bring the total number of deaths linked to hunger and undernourishment in Gaza to 111, according to the health ministry.

23.07.2025 - 15:54 [ Wafa.ps ]

Gaza death toll reaches 59,219 since start of Israeli aggression in October 2023 – Medical sources

GAZA, June 26, 2025 (WAFA) – The death toll in the Gaza Strip has reached 59,219, the majority of whom were women and children, since the beginning of the Israeli aggression in October 2023. At least 143,045 others have also been injured.

Medical sources confirmed that of the total casualties, 8,363 civilians have been killed and 31,004 have been injured since March 18, 2025, when the Israeli occupation resumed its aggression on the Gaza Strip after breaking the ceasefire agreement.

Sources stated that 113 bodies, including 13 bodies that were covered from under rubble, and 534 injured individuals were brought to hospitals in Gaza during the past 24 hours.

23.07.2025 - 15:00 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli attacks kill 113 Palestinians and wound over 500 in Gaza in 24 hours

The Palestinian Ministry of Health is reporting that Israeli attacks have killed 113 and wounded 534 in the last 24 hours. Thirteen of the dead were recovered from beneath rubble after buildings were destroyed by Israeli strikes.

23.07.2025 - 14:36 [ Freitag.de ]

1.054 hungernde Palästinenser in Gaza erschossen, als sie versuchten, an Essen zu kommen

(today)

28 Staaten fordern Israel zur Beendigung des Gaza-Krieges und der Blockade von Hilfe für die hungernde Bevölkerung auf – Deutschland unterzeichnet die Erklärung bislang nicht.

23.07.2025 - 06:56 [ TRT.global ]

Gaza faces ‚death and destruction without parallel,‘ with ‚soaring‘ malnourishment: UN chief

„We need look no further than the horror show in Gaza – with a level of death and destruction without parallel in recent times,“ Guterres told the UN Security Council during a debate on multilateralism and peaceful dispute resolution on Tuesday.

„Malnourishment is soaring. Starvation is knocking on every door. And now we are seeing the last gasp of a humanitarian system built on humanitarian principles,“ he said, adding: „That system is being denied the conditions to function. Denied the space to deliver. Denied the safety to save lives.“

23.07.2025 - 06:53 [ A2news.com ]

„33 deaths from hunger in 48 hours“, Guterres: Gaza is experiencing horror unprecedented in history

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has expressed „shock at the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian conditions in Gaza, where the last means of livelihood that keep people alive are collapsing,“ Stéphane Dujarric, spokesman for the Secretary-General, said in a statement, while 33 people have died of hunger in the last 48 hours. Guterres deplores the increasing reports of children and adults suffering from malnutrition, the spokesman continued in a statement.

23.07.2025 - 06:46 [ Middle East Eye ]

Fifteen more Palestinians die from starvation amid Israeli-imposed famine

Fifteen Palestinians died from malnutrition under an Israeli-imposed famine in the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours, the Palestinian health ministry said on Tuesday.

Four of them were children, including three identified as the infant Yousef al-Safadi, Abd al-Jawad al-Ghalban, 16, and Ahmad Hasanat.

One of the adults was identified as 32-year-old woman with special needs, Raheel Rosros.

23.07.2025 - 06:39 [ Middle East Eye ]

‚I saw death‘: Palestinians recall Israeli massacre of nearly 100 aid seekers

There, trucks from the World Food Programme (WFP) were expected to arrive, offering a rare chance to access long-denied essential supplies.

But as people gathered near the truck, Israeli troops surrounded relief-seekers, directly and indiscriminately shooting towards them, according to eyewitnesses, among them Ewadi.

„They [the Israeli army] fired heavily at us from the tanks,“ he told Middle East Eye, describing how military vehicles moved through the crowd, at times passing within inches of civilians.

22.07.2025 - 11:25 [ Middle East Eye ]

AFP warns Gaza journalists face starvation amid ongoing Israeli siege

“We fear we will hear news of their deaths at any moment, and that is unbearable,” the group said.

“Since AFP’s founding in August 1944, we’ve lost colleagues in war zones, seen others wounded or imprisoned—but never have we watched someone die from hunger. We won’t accept it.”

22.07.2025 - 11:16 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israeli strikes kill at least 35 in Gaza since dawn, including eight seeking aid

At least 35 Palestinians have been killed across Gaza since dawn today, hospital sources report.

Doctors said Israeli forces opened fire in several areas of the Strip, with eight of those killed reportedly waiting for food aid.

22.07.2025 - 11:14 [ Al Jazeera ]

Daily death toll in Gaza rises to 35, including eight aid seekers

Israeli forces have killed at least 35 Palestinians across Gaza since dawn today, including eight people seeking aid, medical sources have told Al Jazeera.

22.07.2025 - 11:10 [ Middle East Eye ]

Twenty-three die of malnutrition across Gaza in two days, say doctors

Medical staff in Gaza say at least 23 people have died from malnutrition over the past two days in several parts of the besieged territory, Al Jazeera Arabic reported.

Hospital sources confirmed the deaths occurred across multiple areas, underscoring the growing toll of starvation amid severe shortages of food and aid.

21.07.2025 - 21:55 [ +972 Magazine ]

‘They’ll kill us all’: Gazans plead for intervention as Israeli attacks intensify

(April 7, 2025)

“We are civilians in our homes,” Al-Aqqad pleaded. “We don’t want to be displaced to unsafe areas. The army targets everyone without exception. We want the world to act and save us, otherwise they’ll kill us all.”

21.07.2025 - 20:14 [ Ruwaida Amer / +972 Magazine ]

We are starving

’ve never meant those words in the way I do now. They carry a kind of humiliation that I can’t fully describe. Every moment, I find myself wishing: If only this were just a nightmare. If only I could wake up and it would all be over. …

21.07.2025 - 19:28 [ Junge Welt ]

Palästina: Gaza verhungert

Unterdessen geht das Töten an den Ausgabestellen der unter US- und israelischer Kontrolle stehenden »Stiftung« Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) unvermindert weiter. Aus Gaza hieß es am Sonntag, dass die Zahl der dort seit Ende Mai – dem Startzeitpunkt des Verteilmechanismus über GHF – getöteten Menschen auf 995 angestiegen ist, mehr als 6.000 Hungernde wurden in diesem Zeitraum verletzt, 45 Personen würden vermisst. Allein am Sonntag wurden mindestens 73 Palästinenser beim Versuch getötet, an Nahrung oder etwas Mehl zu kommen. Während sich die drei GHF-Freiluftzwinger zur Ausgabe von Lebensmitteln im Süden und Zentrum des Gazastreifens befinden, sind am Sonntag auch im nahezu komplett zerbombten Norden 67 Hilfesuchende getötet worden.

21.07.2025 - 18:43 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Any government in the world could expel the rogue state of Israel from the United Nations. None does.

(April 27, 2025)

It‘s not the world order that has failed the Palestinians. It‘s the world.

21.07.2025 - 18:12 [ Middle East Eye ]

Gaza is a mirror reflecting the world‘s absolute shame: Opinion

Never in recent history has a civilian population been locked into a fenced strip of land – denied food, water, and fuel – while being bombed from air, land, and sea.

This is not siege. It is the world’s first televised extermination.

A concentration camp under constant aerial assault.

(…)

What is happening in Gaza does more than violate law – it obliterates it.

It tears through every principle of humanity, every treaty that claims to uphold it.

The world did not merely fail Gaza. It abandoned her. And in doing so, it exposed itself.

Gaza is not just a killing field.

She is a mirror – and in her reflection, we see our absolute, unvarnished shame.

21.07.2025 - 17:48 [ JordanNews.jo ]

Death Toll from Gaza Genocide Surpasses 59,000

The death toll from the Israeli occupation’s assault on the Gaza Strip has risen to 59,029 martyrs and 142,135 wounded since October 7, 2023.

21.07.2025 - 07:58 [ Al Jazeera ]

Updates: 18 in Gaza die from starvation in one day amid Israeli blockade

(July 20, 2025)

Gaza’s Health Ministry says that 18 people have died of starvation in Gaza in the last 24 hours, as Israel’s blockade on the enclave continues.
The UN’s OCHA says children are dying of hunger in Gaza before food can reach them, while UNRWA says enough food to feed entire Strip for three months waits in trucks just beyond Gaza’s borders, barred from entry by Israel.
At least 115 people, including 92 aid seekers, killed by Israeli attacks across Gaza. More than 200 people have been wounded.

21.07.2025 - 07:26 [ Middle East Eye ]

Jordanian father mourns son killed in Gaza while trying to get food aid for his family

A Jordanian citizen stranded in Gaza with his family, condemned the Jordanian government and foreign ministry for their failure to evacuate his family from the besieged strip amid ongoing war and humanitarian collapse. His plea came after his son, Hisham Mundhir Fusifis, was killed while attempting to obtain food for his starving siblings at the US aid points.

21.07.2025 - 07:11 [ @FreeNation-t4k / Youtube ]

Esta es Razan Abu Zaher, una niña palestina de 4 años, sufre de inanición por culpa de Israel #Gaza

(July 7, 2025)

Iba a subir otro short donde niños sufrieron la injuria de los bombardeos diarios del ente Sionazi, pero dare un respiro a eso, ya dice demasiado este vídeo, porfavor, observen a AlJazeera que expone la barbarie monstruosa del Estado Lunático de Israel

21.07.2025 - 07:02 [ CNN ]

Four-year-old girl dies of hunger in Gaza as Israel throttles food supply

Four-year old Razan Abu Zaher gave up her fight for life on Sunday.

She died at a hospital in central Gaza from complications brought on by hunger and malnutrition, according to a medical source. Her skeletal body was laid out on a slab of stone.

At least 76 children in Gaza have died of malnutrition since the conflict began in October 2023, as well as ten adults, the Palestinian health ministry says. According to the World Health Organization, most of these occurred since Israeli authorities imposed a blockade at the beginning of March.

21.07.2025 - 06:56 [ Al Jazeera English / Youtube ]

Israeli forces kill Palestinians waiting for food near the Zikim crossing in northern Gaza

For the second day in a row, Israeli forces have killed more than 100 Palestinians in Gaza.
At least 79 were killed near the Zikim crossing, where crowds were shot at, while waiting for food trucks.

The World Food Programme (WFP) says one of its aid convoys came under fire in northern Gaza earlier today, after a large crowd of civilians gathered in hopes of receiving food assistance.

21.07.2025 - 06:25 [ Washington Post ]

79 Gazans killed waiting for food after Israeli troops open fire, medics say

Israeli troops killed at least 79 Palestinians in the northern Gaza Strip on Sunday, local health authorities said, after large and desperate crowds mobbed one of the U.N. convoys carrying a trickle of aid into the mostly besieged enclave.

The U.N. World Food Program said its 25-truck convoy was mobbed shortly after it passed through the Zikim border crossing from Israel into Gaza. “Our convoy encountered massive crowds of hungry civilians which came under gunfire,” the agency said in a statement.