Daily Archives: 29. Juli 2026


29.07.2026 - 15:35 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Der Iran wird zu einem Verlierer des Westasienkrieges

(July 19, 2026)

Für den einigermaßen wachen Beobachter erscheint es, als ob Mossad, CIA, MI6 und BND in Teheran an der Macht wären und sich einen ihren üblichen grausamen Scherze erlauben.

29.07.2026 - 15:12 [ Daily Jagran ]

Who Is Running Iran? Mojtaba Khamenei’s Public Absence Sparks ‚Command Crisis‘ Rumours

(March 22, 2026)

Despite the expectations of CIA and Mossad for a traditional New Year’s speech, Mojtaba Khamenei remained out of sight, issuing only a text-based statement on Telegram for Nowruz.

Sources cited by The Jerusalem Post indicate that the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) may currently hold the reins of the country, with one source suggesting the Guard is controlling Mojtaba rather than following his lead.

29.07.2026 - 14:56 [ Irna.ir ]

US air base, CENTCOM headquarters in Jordan targeted: IRGC

Tehran, IRNA – The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says that its Aerospace Force has targeted a US air base and the US military’s CENTCOM headquarters in Jordan with ballistic missiles.

In a statement issued early Wednesday, the IRGC Aerospace Force said the attack was carried out in response to aggressive actions by the US military against Iran.

The brave combatants of the IRGC Aerospace Force targeted the US air base and the CENTCOM headquarters of the US military in Jordan with several ballistic missiles, the statement said.

29.07.2026 - 14:47 [ Politico ]

Iran launched ‚attempted surprise attack‘ on US forces, CENTCOM says

07/28/2026 07:54 PM EDT|Updated: 07/28/2026 09:21 PM EDT

Iran launched “multiple missiles” at U.S. forces based in the Middle East Tuesday evening that were successfully intercepted, the Pentagon said, marking a return to fighting after a short respite over the weekend.

U.S. Central Command, in a social media post Tuesday night, said the launches were an “attempted surprise attack.” The post did not provide additional details about the intercepted attack, and CENTCOM declined to provide further comment when reached by POLITICO.<

29.07.2026 - 14:22 [ Shafaq News ]

PM Al-Zaidi calls off Saudi visit

Iraqi Prime Minister Ali Faleh Al-Zaidi on Wednesday canceled his planned visit to Saudi Arabia, a government source told Shafaq News, hours after deadly US-Saudi airstrikes targeted the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) across seven Iraqi provinces.

29.07.2026 - 13:36 [ Shafaq News ]

CF leaders call government action after US-Saudi strikes

2026-07-29 12:28

Leaders of Iraq‘s Coordination Framework, on Wednesday, condemned the US-Saudi strikes on Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) sites in Iraq that killed 20 members and injured 32 others in seven provinces.

Former PM Mohammed Shia al-Sudani, head of the Reconstruction and Development Coalition, considered the strikes “a breach of the principle of Islamic fraternity, and a violation of international law and the United Nations Charter.” He questioned the timing of the strikes, saying they came after the Iraqi government had formed investigative committees to examine claims that drones had been launched from Iraqi territory toward Saudi oil facilities. That step, he said, showed Iraq was addressing the matter through legal and institutional channels rather than military escalation.

Al-Sudani said Iraq retained its legitimate rights under international law, including the right to self-defense under Article 51 of the UN Charter.

29.07.2026 - 13:24 [ Shafaq News ]

Exclusive: Houthis claim Saudi attacks, offer PMF cooperation

A senior official in Yemen‘s Houthi movement said on Wednesday that the group, and not Iraq‘s Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), carried out earlier attacks on Saudi Arabia, accusing Riyadh of blaming Iraqi factions for operations they did not conduct.

Abdullah Al-Numi, a member of the political bureau of the Houthi movement (Ansarallah) told Shafaq News that the PMF had repeatedly denied attacking Saudi Arabia, while his movement had openly claimed responsibility for earlier operations against Saudi ports and facilities, including sites in Yanbu and Jizan.

29.07.2026 - 13:10 [ Shafaq News ]

Saudi-US strikes leave 16 PMF casualties in Iraq’s Nineveh

2026-07-29 12:22

Ten Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) members were killed and six wounded in airstrikes on two facilities in Bartella, east of Mosul, part of the PMF’s preliminary nationwide toll of 20 dead and 32 injured.

The command stated that the strikes targeted the Fourth Regiment headquarters of the PMF’s 30th Brigade and its Anti-Armor Directorate.

29.07.2026 - 13:01 [ Saudi Gazette ]

Saudi Arabia launches strikes on Iran-backed militia targets in Iraq

(July 29, 2026 | 03:43 AM)

Saudi Arabia‘s armed forces, in coordination with the United States Central Command (CENTCOM), carried out precision strikes on Wednesday against Iran-backed militia targets in Iraq linked to recent drone attacks on the Kingdom‘s oil facilities, the Ministry of Defense announced.

Defense Ministry spokesperson Maj. Gen. Turki Al-Malki said the operation followed attempted drone attacks on oil facilities in the Eastern Province and Riyadh region on Monday and Tuesday, which Saudi air defenses intercepted and destroyed. He said those attacks originated from Iraqi territory and were carried out by Iran-backed terrorist militias.

29.07.2026 - 12:46 [ ABC News ]

Netanyahu and Zelenskyy meet separately with Trump at the White House

(July 28, 2026, 10:26 PM)

The meetings with Trump were expected to give both leaders a chance to push their agendas with the president at a time when U.S. policy towards Iran and the Russia-Ukraine war continues to be in flux.

29.07.2026 - 12:38 [ CNBC ]

Blurred front lines: Trump meets Zelenskyy as Ukraine, Iran wars collide

(July 28, 2026)

Kyiv on Saturday launched an attack on an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea, an incident which Tehran said left one sailor dead and injured several others. The Islamic Republic has threatened retaliation over the strike, with Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi saying via social media that it “CANNOT GO UNANSWERED.”

In a post on X on Saturday, Zelenskyy said Ukraine had “achieved very strong results with long‑range strikes in the Caspian Sea – including vessels used in military cargo shipments involving Iran, as well as a warship.”

29.07.2026 - 12:31 [ Nachdenkseiten ]

Neuer ukrainischer Generalstabschef: „Russland hat kein Existenzrecht“

Donezk und Lugansk seien schwierige Gebiete, so Drapatyj. Dort würden vor allem „Umsiedler“ (aus Russland), „Kriminelle“ und Personen wohnen, „die nicht arbeiten und alles umsonst haben wollen“ (Minute 12:00). In Donezk und Lugansk lebe eine Bevölkerung „ohne Bewusstsein“. Mit „Bewusstsein“ meint Drapatyj das Gefühl, zur Ukraine zu gehören.

Russland ist laut Drapatyj eine „ständige Gefahr“ für die Ukraine. „Das ist eine Nation mit einer Führung, die kein Recht auf Existenz hat. Sie hat während tausend Jahren nichts Zivilisatorisches hervorgebracht, nicht in der Mentalität und nicht in dem imperial-ambitionierten Verhalten.“ (Minute 23:40)

Mit Russland könne die Ukraine, so Drapatyj, keinen Kompromiss finden. „Am Ende des Kampfes um unsere Unabhängigkeit muss unser Sieg stehen. Ein Sieg ohne Kompromisse.“ (24:34)