Daily Archives: 26. Februar 2025


26.02.2025 - 23:56 [ United Nations ]

Human Rights Council: Gaza ceasefire must hold, Türk insists

Addressing the Human Rights Council in Geneva on conditions inside the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Mr. Türk condemned the Hamas-led terror attacks on Israel that sparked the war in October 2023.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights also said there was no justification for Israel’s devastating military operations in Gaza, which have left more than 48,000 Palestinians dead, according to local authorities.

“At this tenuous moment the world must ask itself how to resolve this decades old conflict and stop the cycle of violence,” he said.
Tweet URL

“Any plans for a better future must deal with the past, so accountability and justice for violations are crucial.”

26.02.2025 - 21:12 [ WAFA.ps ]

Launching #ReconnectGaza: A global campaign to restore connectivity in Gaza

This campaign comes in response to the deliberate destruction of Gaza’s telecommunications infrastructure amidst the genocidal onslaught, which has left millions cut off from the world, restricted emergency response efforts, and further crippled an already devastated economy.

The #ReconnectGaza campaign was launched today during the RightsCon international conference held in Taiwan, bringing together activists and global experts to discuss human rights issues in the digital age.

26.02.2025 - 21:03 [ Middle East Eye ]

No public ceremony for handover of four Israeli captives‘ bodies

Hamas will not hold a public ceremony for the handover of the bodies of four Israeli captives on Wednesday, a senior Hamas official told AFP.

26.02.2025 - 20:55 [ Al Jazeera ]

LIVE: Israel and Hamas reach deal on handover of bodies, prisoner release

Hamas says it has reached a deal with mediators on the handover of the 620 Palestinian prisoners who were due to be freed by Israel last week, and “an equivalent number of women and children” detained in Gaza since the war began. Israel has confirmed the agreement without giving details.

26.02.2025 - 20:53 [ Middle East Eye ]

Palestinian prisoner from Gaza dies in Israeli jail

The commission and PPS noted that Abu Funouneh did not suffer from health problems before his detention, and said that they held Israeli authorities responsible for his death.

The number of Palestinian prisoners and detainees that have died in Israeli prisons since October 2023 has now risen to 60.

26.02.2025 - 20:38 [ Kyiv Independent ]

Exclusive: The full text of the US-Ukraine mineral deal

The Kyiv Independent has obtained from a source in the Ukrainian government the full text of the mineral deal agreement between the U.S. and Ukraine and is publishing the text in full.

26.02.2025 - 20:35 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

Cabinet adopts decisions necessary for signing agreement with USA on minerals – Shmyhal

The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has adopted decisions necessary for signing an agreement with the United States on establishing the rules and conditions of the Investment Fund for the Reconstruction of Ukraine, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said.

26.02.2025 - 20:26 [ CBS News ]

Trump says Zelenskyy coming to Washington as U.S., Ukraine agree on framework for mineral resources deal

The deal does not, however, include security guarantees. One official said that this would be something the two presidents would discuss when they meet.

„The main thing for me was that we are not a debtor,“ Zelenskyy told journalists Wednesday, adding that it was „too early to talk about money,“ as the final terms were still being hashed out.

26.02.2025 - 02:59 [ Jean-Jacques Dordain and Michael D. Griffin / spacenews.com ]

Transferring the International Space Station into the future

(July 1, 2024)

The International Space Station is the largest, most complex and most important element of space infrastructure yet deployed, and one of the most incredible engineering accomplishments in human history. It is the result of an international, diplomatic initiative reconciling in space the Western world and the Eastern world by combining the two space stations until then planned separately by each side – Space Station Freedom and Mir 2 – involving five major partners, the United States, Europe, Japan, Canada and Russia.
(…)
For example, to move the ISS from its present 400-kilometer altitude to an 800-kilometer altitude circular orbit requires a boost of about 220 meters per second, about the same as required for precise deorbit control. At the higher altitude, the orbital lifetime would be many decades, providing ample time for future generations to take their own decisions and actions.
(…)
We are not in charge anymore, but our question to the current generation is: since the boost stage must be built anyway, would it not be better to use that stage to place the ISS in a higher orbit for the possible use of a future generation than to destroy it upon reentry?

26.02.2025 - 02:55 [ Melkor Valor / Youtube ]

Valerian – Opening Scene – Space Oddity

(Mar 5, 2019)

26.02.2025 - 02:28 [ Yahoo ]

Former Space Agency Leaders Horrified by Plan to Destroy Space Station, Say It Would Be Easier to Save It

(July 16, 2024)

Jean-Jacques Dordain, who was the director general of the European Space Agency when the station was being built, and former NASA administrator Michael Griffin say its life should be extended instead, giving future scientists a chance to continue studying outer space.
(…)
„At the higher altitude, the orbital lifetime would be many decades, providing ample time for future generations to take their own decisions and actions,“ the letter reads.

26.02.2025 - 01:34 [ Rare Earth / Youtube ]

Space Oddity

55,234,010 views May 12, 2013
(…)
A revised version of David Bowie‘s Space Oddity, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station.

26.02.2025 - 01:32 [ Phys.org ]

Elon Musk calls for deorbit of International Space Station as soon as possible

(February 22, 2025)

Elon Musk‘s latest space-related hammer throw is to call for it to be deorbited as soon as two years from now. In posts to X, Musk said, „It is time to begin preparations for deorbiting the (space station). It has served its purpose.

26.02.2025 - 00:36 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Unser System: Das Ende der zivilen Europäischen Weltraumfahrt

(July 21, 2008)

DIE ISS: KALT SABOTIERT UND IN DER SACKGASSE

NASA-Chef Michael Griffin hat selbst die Entwicklung des „Space Shuttle“ und der Internationalen Raumstation ISS als „einen Fehler“ („a mistake“) bezeichnet. Erst nach verblüfften Protesten aus der Wissenschaft zog er halbherzig zurück. Aber mehr und mehr fragen sich die Beobachter aus Wissenschaft und Weltöffentlichkeit, ob man es mit einem neuen „Wettrennen im Weltraum“ zu tun hat, welches eher militärisch motiviert ist.

An ISS und Space Shuttle (siehe Screenshot, aus einem Bild der ESA) wird kritisiert, dass sie keinen „Gewinn“ abwerfen. Auf den ersten Blick einfach grosser Quatsch. Auf den zweiten skrupelloses Kalkül. Man will die zivilen Projekte einfach loswerden und denkt sich eine entsprechend dumme Luftblase aus, um diese dann testweise in die Öffentlichkeit zu setzen, dann entweder bei entsprechendem Geschrei zurückzuziehen und wegzuheucheln oder einfach immer weiter mit dem Abbau der zivilen Wissenschaft zu machen bis alles zerstört, runiert und endlich verloren ist.

Einfacher Hintergedanke: wenn man einen Krieg führen will, braucht man einen Feind, keinen Mitmenschen auf irgendeinem Planeten mit dem man dies und das gemeinsam hat. Das verwirrt nur die blöde Hammelherde die man an die Front quatschen will.

Die ISS, obgleich nicht mal fertiggebaut, steht ab 2010 ohne Versorgungsfähre da, weil die NASA auch die Space Shuttles einmottet und seit den 70er Jahren, unter den 8 Jahren Ronald Reagan mit seinem Vize George Bush, dessen 4 Jahren als Präsident, 8 Jahren Bill Clinton und dann noch 8 Jahre George Bush Junior oben drauf, kein Nachfolgemodell entwickelt hat.

Den für 2015 in Aussicht gestellten US-Raumgleiter „Orion“ darf man nicht als schlechten Witz bezeichnen, man muss es. Er besteht nur auf dem Papier, ebenso wie die notwendige Trägerrakete Ares.
Beide Luftnummern sollen im Rahmen dieses wohlklingenden „Project Constellation“ angeblich aus uralten Komponenten des „Apollo“-Programms, ja sogar aus der steinzeitlichen Delta-IV Rakete (ausgerechnet von Boeing) zusammen gesetzt werden.

Deshalb müssen ab 2010 nun zur Versorgung der ISS die Russen einspringen – mit den uralten Kapseln der Sojus-Kapseln. Es ist zum Verzweifeln.
Und ab 2015, so drohte NASA-Chef Griffin indirekt, ist das Projekt ISS sowieso hinfällig.

Auch nicht die ESA, die kanadische oder die japanische Raumfahrtbehörde machen z.Z. irgendwelche Anstrengungen um die Zukunft der einzigen Raumstation der Menschheit im All zu retten.
Dabei werden dann wirre Pläne über Mond- und Marsmissionen in die Welt gesetzt die völlig irreal und nicht umzusetzen sind, weil bei immensen technischen und infrastrukturellen Problemen trotzdem alle gegeneinander arbeiten und vor einander warnen, besonders vor den Chinesen welche zwar auffällig zielstrebig und fleissig ihre Raumfahrt selbstständig ausbauen, aber gerade mal ihren ersten Taikonauten ins All gebracht haben und noch mindestens 10 Jahre hinter dem Stand der Russen und Amerikaner sind.

Und die Franzosen? Sie hatten schon Mitte der 70er Jahre die Pläne für den Raumgleiter „Hermes“ in der Schublade, die natürlich konsequent nicht umgesetzt wurden.
1987 wurde dann endlich der erste Schritt getan, um das ganze Programm dann 6 Jahre später wieder einzustellen, ausgerechnet mit der Explosion der Challenger-Raumfähre als Begründung, die bereits 1986 erfolgt worden war.
Einerseits müsse man jetzt wohl doch Schleudersitze einbauen (was für ein Witz), deswegen könne man weniger Astronauten und Fracht mitnehmen, ausserdem habe man kein Geld und ausserdem brauche man eh keine Raumfähre.

Jetzt von einer Mondfahrt, oder gar einer Reise zum Mars zu erzählen, ist irrational und unwissenschaftlich. Letzteres ist mit normalen Verbrennungstechniken bzw. chemischen Triebwerken sowieso nicht zu schaffen, und der Ionenantrieb, dessen erste Entwürfe vom deutschen Hermann Oberth aus den 20er Jahren stammen, dümpelt leise vor sich hin. Funktionieren tut er nur im Vakuum, nicht in der Atmosphäre. Starten könnte man nur von einer Raumwerft, deren Anfang wäre erst einmal eine orbitale Station, die aber wird gerade versenkt, usw.

Man erzählt das Eine und macht genau das Andere.
Das ist keine Wissenschaft. Das ist Politik.

26.02.2025 - 00:21 [ Tagesschau.de ]

Raumfahrt: Musk, die ISS und die gestrandeten Astronauten

(February 22, 2025)

Der ehemalige Astronaut Ulrich Walter bringt einen weiteren Player ins Spiel: „Die Inder haben auch ein bemanntes Raumfahrtprogramm, und falls die USA als Partner wegfallen, würde ich eine langfristige Zusammenarbeit mit den Indern empfehlen.“

Klar ist: Auf unabsehbare Zeit hat Europa keine eigene Rakete und kein Raumschiff, um selbst Astronauten in den Weltraum zu bringen. Wenn früher als geplant auch noch die ISS wegfällt, könnte es für ESA-Astronauten düster aussehen.