(31.1.2019) The participation of the two means there could be some discussions about the Trump administration’s Middle East peace plan
An open letter to Jason Greenblatt, Assistant to the US President and Special Representative for International Negotiations
While many critics of the Trump administration have claimed there is no peace plan, Haley said she had read it, but told reporters that it would not be rolled out during this month’s United Nations General Assembly debate when Trump and other world leaders will address the global body.
“I can tell you that (White House senior adviser) Jared Kushner and (Trump’s special envoy for international negotiations) Jason Greenblatt have done unbelievably detailed work in it. I have read the plan. It is thoroughly done. It is well-thought-out from both sides, the Palestinians and the Israelis.“
(2.8.2018) In recent weeks, the Qatari media has been slamming the Trump administration’s efforts to advance a regional peace plan that has come to be known as the „Deal of the Century.“ Qatari media reports and articles about this plan have described it as serving Israel’s interests while eliminating the Palestinian cause. Furthermore, following reports in the non-Arab media that Saudi Arabia has been involved in formulating this plan, and against the backdrop of the growing crisis between Qatar and the „Arab Quartet“ – i.e. the four countries, led by Saudi Arabia, which have been boycotting Qatar for the last year – the Qatari media has been accusing Saudi Arabia and other Arab regimes of collaborating with the Trump administration and betraying the Palestinians.
(6.8.2018) Arab officials have said any peace proposal has to wait until tensions between Israel and Hamas — the Islamist movement that controls Gaza — ease and Palestinian fury over the US’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital dissipates. A US diplomat said this message had been relayed to the plan’s architects, Jared Kushner, Mr Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, and Jason Greenblatt, the Middle East peace envoy.
An anonymous high-level Israel intel source was quoted in the Israeli media Aug. 7 as saying that the renewed US sanctions imposed this week on Iran “will bring Iran to its knees.’’ The source also argued that chances are good that the country will be forced to return to the negotiating table with the six world powers that cut the nuclear agreement and agree to a modification and to limitations on its continued expansion in the Middle East.
Sources outside the administration who are involved in the discussions over the plan told Haaretz that the Trump peace team believes their plan could be the first one ever to receive a positive answer from both Israel and major Arab countries, regardless of the Palestinian position.