Daily Archives: 8. März 2025


08.03.2025 - 08:52 [ Telegraph.co.uk ]

Trump considers pulling troops out of Germany

Around 160,000 active-duty personnel are stationed outside of the United States, a vast quantity of whom are in Germany.

“Trump is angry that they [Europe] appear to be pushing for war,” a source close to the White House said.

Brian Hughes, a US national security spokesman, said: “While no specific announcement is imminent, the US military is always considering the redeployment of troops around the world to best address current threats to our interests.”

08.03.2025 - 08:20 [ breakingthenews.net ]

Tusk calls for Poland to explore nuclear weapons

„We must reach for the most modern possibilities, also related to nuclear weapons and modern unconventional weapons.“

Additionally, he backed withdrawing from the Ottawa Convention, which bans anti-personnel landmines, arguing that Poland must adapt to evolving security threats.

08.03.2025 - 08:11 [ Tass.com ]

US seeks dialogue with Russia, China to get rid of nuclear weapons — Trump

After taking office on January 20, Trump sent multiple signals about his willingness to discuss the subject, but has so far put forward no concrete proposals. Among other things, Moscow and Washington need to discuss whether they are ready to forge a deal to replace the New START treaty on the reduction of strategic offensive arms, which expires in 2026.

08.03.2025 - 08:10 [ CiberCuba.com ]

Trump proposes global denuclearization: „The power of these weapons is madness.“

(March 6, 2025)

„It would be fantastic if everyone got rid of their nuclear weapons. I know that Russia and us have by far the most nuclear weapons. China will have a similar amount in four or five years. It would be great if we could all denuclearize, because the power of nuclear weapons is madness,“ Trump said in a video later posted on the social network X.

The comment comes three weeks after a statement made in the Oval Office, where he emphasized the importance of restarting discussions on nuclear arms control, particularly with Russia and China.

08.03.2025 - 07:42 [ Reuters ]

Kyiv seeks more information about Meloni proposal for security guarantees

„We welcome this statement as part of the discussion on providing Ukraine with long-term security guarantees and ensuring security and peace in general,“ Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Heorhii Tykhyi said at a briefing in Kyiv.
„As for this proposal specifically, we are in contact with our Italian colleagues to clarify the specifics of this proposal,“ Tykhyi said, adding that Ukraine still wants its partners to send troop contingents as part of any peace effort.

08.03.2025 - 07:38 [ Kyiv Post ]

Meloni’s Game-Changing Proposal: NATO Protection for Ukraine Without Membership

“Sending unspecified military contingents, whether British or any other, is the most complex and possibly the least effective solution. I have said this, repeated it, and have also ruled out the possibility that Italian troops could be sent in this context,” Meloni told reporters on the sidelines of the European Union leaders’ meeting in Brussels on March 6.

08.03.2025 - 07:16 [ Bloomberg ]

Russia’s Putin Is Said to Be Ready to Agree to Ukraine Truce With Conditions

(March 7, 2025)

In the first signal of a positive response from President Vladimir Putin to US counterpart Donald Trump’s call for a ceasefire, the offer was conveyed at last month’s talks in Saudi Arabia between top Russian and American officials, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing internal policy.

08.03.2025 - 06:50 [ NDTV.com ]

Vladimir Putin Ready For Ukraine Truce Talks. But There Are Conditions

Russia has said it won‘t accept the presence of NATO troops on Ukrainian soil, rejecting a proposal by European countries to put together a „coalition of the willing“ to help monitor any peace accord.

08.03.2025 - 06:43 [ Tass.com ]

Russia won’t tolerate NATO contingents in Ukraine, Lavrov says

MOSCOW, March 6. /TASS/. Russia will not stand idly by and watch the appearance of NATO troops in Ukraine under the guise of peacekeepers and will not tolerate such actions from the West, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at a press conference.

„There is no way we will tolerate this kind of actions (deployment of NATO ‚peacekeepers‘ in Ukraine – TASS),“ the top diplomat said. „This would mean not an alleged hybrid, but a direct, official, open involvement of NATO countries in the war against Russia. This cannot be permitted,“ he emphasized.

08.03.2025 - 06:28 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

Zelenskyy reports on intensive work with Trump‘s team

„Today, all day long, more intensive work continues at various levels with President Trump‘s team than ever before. Many calls – the theme is clear: peace as soon as possible, security as reliably as possible. Ukraine is set up as constructively as possible,“ Zelenskyy said in an evening address.

He also announced a lot of work in Ukraine, in Europe, with the United States next week.

08.03.2025 - 06:24 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

Trump would like to discuss security guarantees for Ukraine only after cessation of hostilities

US President Donald Trump called providing security guarantees for Ukraine an easy task, but said he wants to end the war first.

08.03.2025 - 06:04 [ Donald J. Trump / Social Truth ]

Based on the fact that Russia is absolutely “pounding” Ukraine on the battlefield right now, I am strongly considering large scale Banking Sanctions, Sanctions, and Tariffs on Russia until a Cease Fire and FINAL SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT ON PEACE IS REACHED.

To Russia and Ukraine, get to the table right now, before it is too late. Thank you!!!

08.03.2025 - 06:02 [ Fox News ]

Trump threatens sanctions on Russia, demands peace after major hits in Ukraine

President Donald Trump threatened to impose „large scale“ sanctions against Russia after the country carried out a massive attack on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure. In a post on Truth Social, Trump said he was „strongly considering“ sanctions and tariffs „until a ceasefire and final settlement agreement on peace is reached.“