In the occupied West Bank, Israeli forces are conducting a raid on Nablus. At least 80 Palestinians have been injured. This comes a day after Israeli forces raided Ramallah and al-Bireh. According to the Palestinian Red Crescent, 58 people were injured, eight by live fire and 14 by rubber-coated bullets. The Palestinian Ministry of Health said that a child had to receive surgery after being hit by live fire. Israeli forces detained three Palestinians in the raid.
Archiv: Chris Van Hollen
A truly outrageous and sickening request from the Netanyahu government.
The U.S. should not be complicit in or use ANY governmental, American taxpayer resources to aid and abet what amounts to the ethnic cleansing of Palestinian civilians from Gaza.
We cannot stand for this.
Senators Bernie Sanders, Peter Welch and Chris Van Hollen in Solidarity with Odeh
(16 hours ago)
“We strongly condemn the effort to expel MK Ayman Odeh from the Israeli Knesset,” the US senators said. “If Israel is going to call itself a democracy, it must tolerate peaceful dissent.” The senators linked the expulsion effort to Odeh’s calls for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, an end to Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories, and a political solution between Israelis and Palestinians.
“For over a decade, MK Odeh has been a leading advocate for peace, justice, and Jewish-Arab partnership,” they said. “The current expulsion effort is a direct response to MK Odeh’s outspoken and brave calls.” The lawmakers described the move as sending “a chilling message to millions of Palestinian citizens of Israel: that their representation is conditional and their rights revocable.” “We stand in solidarity with MK Odeh and with the right of all lawmakers, Arab and Jewish, to speak freely and without fear of political retribution,” they said.
It’s been 50+ days since the start of a complete blockade on food & humanitarian relief to civilians in Gaza. Jose Andres is right: End the blockade & suffering. Release all the hostages. End the war. No more Oct 7ths. Security, dignity, human rights & self-determination for all.
(April 23, 2025)
Van Hollen: ‚I am not defending the man, I am defending the rights of this man to due process‘
Karl asked the senator what Abrego Garcia shared during their meeting.
“He told me about the trauma he had been experiencing, both in terms of the abduction and the fact that he was originally sent to CECOT, which is this notorious prison,” Van Hollen said. “He specifically mentioned his 5-year-old boy who has autism, because that boy had been in the car with him when U.S. agents had stopped them and handcuffed him and then taken him away.”
Sen. Chris Van Hollen says U.S. is in a ‚constitutional crisis‘ as Trump disregards court orders in the Abrego Garcia case
Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., on Sunday accused President Donald Trump of sending the U.S. into a constitutional crisis, saying members of the Trump administration “are very much flouting the courts as we speak.”
Asked directly on NBC News’ “Meet the Press” whether the U.S. is currently in a constitutional crisis, Van Hollen said, “Yes, we are.”
Happy Easter to all, including the Radical Left Lunatics who are fighting and scheming so hard to bring Murderers, Drug Lords, Dangerous Prisoners, the Mentally Insane, and well known MS-13 Gang Members and Wife Beaters, back into our Country.
Happy Easter also to the WEAK and INEFFECTIVE Judges and Law Enforcement Officials who are allowing this sinister attack on our Nation to continue, an attack so violent that it will never be forgotten! Sleepy Joe Biden purposefully allowed Millions of CRIMINALS to enter our Country, totally unvetted and unchecked, through an Open Borders Policy that will go down in history as the single most calamitous act ever perpetrated upon America. He was, by far, our WORST and most Incompetent President, a man who had absolutely no idea what he was doing — But to him, and to the person that ran and manipulated the Auto Pen (perhaps our REAL President!), and to all of the people who CHEATED in the 2020 Presidential Election in order to get this highly destructive Moron Elected, I wish you, with great love, sincerity, and affection, a very Happy Easter!!!
It is time for Trump to put up or shut up in Court.
A FEDERAL JUDGE said “no evidence before the court connects Abrego Garcia to MS-13 or any criminal organization.” No one is vouching for one man. We are standing up for EVERYONE’s right to due process under the Constitution.
I went to El Salvador hoping to meet with Kilmar and check on his well-being, and I had the chance to do that last night. Our courts have been clear: this was an ILLEGAL abduction. I’m speaking now about my meeting with Kilmar and our work to bring him home:
(…)
US senator returns from El Salvador trip, says Abrego Garcia case is about far more than one man
The dispute over the wrongful deportation and imprisonment of Kilmar Abrego Garcia “is not only about one man” but about Donald Trump’s disregard of the American judicial system as well, Sen. Chris Van Hollen said Friday as he returned from a three-day trip to El Salvador to press for the detained man’s release.
Chris Van Hollen is underrated as a Democratic presidential contender in 2028.
(today)
He‘s much better than the average Democrat on Palestine, too. And he‘s a fellow Swarthmore alum, like I am!
Chris Van Hollen For President 2028.
(February 6, 2025)
Van Hollen travels to El Salvador as Trump officials ramp up defense of illegal deportation
Van Hollen has been extremely vocal in advocating for his release, promising Monday to travel to El Salvador to “check on” his condition and “discuss his release” after Bukele rebuffed attempts to set up a meeting during his visit to Washington.
Sen. Chris Van Hollen says he’ll travel to El Salvador if Abrego Garcia isn’t released by midweek
Democratic Sen. Chris Van Hollen from Maryland wrote to El Salvadoran diplomats to “urgently request” meeting with the country’s president, Nayib Bukele, to discuss the potential return of a former Maryland resident, Kilmar Abrego Garcia, who was deported to the Central American nation by the Trump administration.
Today Trump and Netanyahu talked about their plan to have Palestinians „voluntarily“ leave Gaza. Let‘s be clear: nothing about this is voluntary — it would mean the coerced deportation of 2 million people from Gaza and U.S. taxpayers should have NOTHING to do with it.
(April 7, 2025)
U.S. discussing peacekeeping force for Gaza after Hamas falls, senators say
(November 1, 2023)
Sens. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) told POLITICO that there’s early, closed-door diplomacy over establishing a peacekeeping force in Gaza, though it was not likely to include American troops.
“There are ongoing conversations regarding the possible composition of an international force,” Van Hollen said, refusing to go into specific detail. “They are very preliminary and fragile.”