Daily Archives: 22. März 2025


22.03.2025 - 13:22 [ +972 Magazine ]

Hostage families left ‘helpless’ after Israel shatters ceasefire

“What works in our favor is that deals are being made above the Israeli government’s head,” Shahar Mor, nephew of Avraham Munder — whose body was retrieved from a tunnel in southern Gaza in August — told +972 two days before Israel broke the ceasefire during a protest outside the military HQ. “In our opinion, this is excellent, because the Israeli government brought us absolutely nothing.”

Now, after Trump signed off on the renewed Israeli assault in Gaza, Mor and other Sha’ar Begin activists have lost hope that Washington will assist in securing their loved ones’ release. “We counted on Trump in the last month, but Netanyahu is toying with him like he toyed with Biden for 15 months,” Mor said on Thursday.

22.03.2025 - 13:14 [ Times of Israel ]

‘Israel choosing endless war’: 40 freed hostages demand end to fighting, return to talks

Forty survivors of Hamas captivity and 250 family members of hostages in Gaza signed a letter on Friday calling on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government to halt Israel’s renewed military activities and return to the negotiating table with Hamas to secure the release of the remaining 59 hostages, warning that failure to do so would condemn the living hostages to death.

“This letter was written in blood and tears. It was drafted by our friends and families whose loved ones were killed and murdered in captivity and who are crying out: ‘Stop the fighting. Return to the negotiating table and fully complete an agreement that will return all of the hostages, even at the cost of ending the war,” the letter implored.

22.03.2025 - 12:00 [ Jerusalem Post ]

Histadrut coordinated nationwide strike with PM‘s office – coalition member

(March 30, 2023)

The strike on Monday of Israel‘s largest worker‘s union, the Histadrut Labor Federation, was coordinated with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu‘s inner circle, a senior member of the coalition confirmed on Thursday.

According to the report, one of Netanyahu‘s spokespersons, Yonatan Urich, contacted senior Histadrut officials on Monday morning urging them to launch a strike, in order to give the prime minister a decisive reason to announce that he was postponing the legislation, against the wishes of Justice Minister Yariv Levin.

22.03.2025 - 11:50 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

Mass Protests in Jerusalem, Big Employers Warn that They Will ‘Shut Down the Economy’

Histadrut labor union chief Arnon Bar-David warns that he won’t sit idly if the government doesn’t abide by High Court rulings after ministers dismissed the injunction issued by the top legal body. However, Bar-David doesn’t explicitly say that he’ll launch a labor strike if the government ignores the High Court, but …

22.03.2025 - 11:19 [ TortoiseMedia.com ]

Netanyahu leads Israel into constitutional crisis days after shattering ceasefire

Defence minister‘s threats to annex Gaza distract from legislative coup d‘état at home

22.03.2025 - 11:14 [ Times of Israel ]

Cabinet schedules ‘no-confidence’ motion Sunday against AG, starting process of firing her

Document published by justice minister, hours after government voted to oust Shin Bet chief, calls Gali Baharav-Miara ‘long arm of the opposition,’ says she runs a tyrannical authority

22.03.2025 - 11:02 [ France24.com ]

Netanyahu says government ‘will decide’ new intel chief, ignoring court freeze

srael‘s Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara said earlier Friday that the prime minister was not allowed to appoint a new internal security agency chief after the government decided to sack Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar.

„According to the decision of the Supreme Court, it is prohibited to take any action that harms the position of the head of the Shin Bet, Ronen Bar,“ she said in a message to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu published by a spokesperson. „It is prohibited to appoint a new head of Shin Bet, and interviews for the position should not be held.“