Archiv: Kriegsgefangene / prisoners of war


28.11.2025 - 18:18 [ Kyiv Independent ]

Ukraine war latest live: Russian offensive near Zaporizhzhia Oblast‘s Huliaipole repelled as troops spotted on city outskirts

Russian troops captured a Ukrainian servicemember during an assault on positions near the village of Hnativka in the Pokrovsk district earlier in November 2025, according to prosecutors.

One Russian soldier reportedly tied the prisoner‘s hands while another struck him several times in the head with an automatic weapon. When the captive stopped responding, the soldiers shot him.

The intentional killing of a prisoner of war is a breach of the Geneva Conventions and constitutes a serious war crime.

28.11.2025 - 18:12 [ Kyiv Independent ]

Amid chaotic Ukrainian withdrawal, Russian forces reportedly execute 5 POWs in Zaporizhzhia Oblast

At least five Ukrainian prisoners of war (POWs) were executed by Russian soldiers amid a chaotic withdrawal near Huliaipole, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, it was reported on Nov. 27.

According to analytical organisation DeepState, Ukrainian soldiers were taken captive and shot dead on Nov. 26 near Zelenyi Hai village, in the Huliaipole sector.

„The enemy captured the soldiers in the forest, lined them up, and shot them after interrogation,“ DeepState said on Telegram.

Speaking to Interfax-Ukraine on Nov. 27, Spokesperson of the Southern Defense Forces Vladyslav Voloshyn acknowledged that Ukrainian forces had withdrawn from positions in the area, but one unit „withdrew from the occupied positions in an uncoordinated manner.“

„Thus, it exposed one of the flanks of our operational structure in this area and the personnel of the adjacent unit found themselves without cover,“ he said.

19.11.2025 - 19:14 [ Novara Media / Youtube ]

Absconded Palestine Action Prisoner Speaks Out In Exclusive Novara Media Interview | #NovaraLIVE

Nov 13, 2025 Novara Live – NEW episodes every weekday 6pm UK
We speak to absconded Palestine Action prisoner Sean “Shibby” Middlebrough.

17.11.2025 - 19:00 [ Physicians for Human Rights Israel ]

Death Sentence for Palestinians in Custody | New Report and Testimonies

Our latest report reveals that over the past two years, up to August 2025, at least 94 Palestinians have died in Israeli detention facilities. Yet, the report stresses that this unprecedented figure likely represents only a portion of the full death toll. Given the Israeli military’s practice of enforced disappearances since October 2023, the actual number of deaths may be considerably higher. Moreover, since the report was completed, four more Palestinians have died in the past month alone, pushing the total close to triple digits – deaths caused by the systemic denial of medical care and the torture of Palestinians in Israeli custody. These policies persist even now, despite the ceasefire in Gaza.

The report is based on 94 documented cases between October 7, 2023, and August 2025. This unprecedented toll, together with extensive findings and evidence of deaths caused by torture and medical neglect, points to a deliberate Israeli policy of killing Palestinians in custody.

At least 46 Palestinians died in Israel Prison Service (IPS) facilities, and 52 more died in military custody.

16.11.2025 - 14:39 [ Daily Mail ]

Police arrest five after Palestine Action banner is hung from Westminster Bridge as pro-Gaza supporters pledge week of mass action

The individuals, aged between fifty and seventy-five, were arrested on the bridge on suspicion of encouraging support for a proscribed organisation contrary to Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000

16.11.2025 - 14:33 [ PrisonersForPalestine.org ]

BANNER DROPPED FROM WESTMINSTER BRIDGE WHICH READS ‘WE SUPPORT THE HUNGER STRIKE. WE SUPPORT PALESTINE ACTION’

At 12PM on Saturday 15th November, five protestors were arrested under the Terrorism Act for dropping a large banner from Westminster Bridge which read, ‘We Support The Hunger Strike. We Support Palestine Action.’

The action was taken not only in support of Palestine Action, who were proscribed as a ‘terrorist’ group, by the British government, on the 5th July 2025, but in support of the hunger-strike currently being undertaken by a number of Palestine Action prisoners. The prisoners, who have formed Prisoners For Palestine, launched an indefinite, rolling, national hunger-strike on the 2nd of November, the anniversary of the signing of the Balfour Declaration, in support of a list of demands communicated to the government 2 weeks earlier.

11.11.2025 - 00:08 [ PrisonersForPalestine.org ]

Statement from Heba Muraisi

I knew that in order to win this fight, we had to engage the enemy’s main force, and here in the UK, that would be Elbit. It wasn’t a recruitment, but rather a conscious incorporation from my part: I became Palestine Action.

And now, from behind these steel walls and sensors, I will continue the fight and to resist. This is for the mothers who can’t bury their children, for the fathers who had to bury all of theirs. For the children who have no family left and too young to understand why. And for my family – who I don’t even know if they’ve made it out of Rafah.

I will not compromise until all demands are met. Long live the intifada.

10.11.2025 - 23:42 [ PrisondersForPalestine.org ]

Statement from Jony Cink

My whiteness and class status protect me from the worst of the British prison system. I often think of Palestinian prisoners in zionist torture dungeons, of my comrades punished for their faith, with imprints of fascist tendencies, that mature in British prisons, on their skin. We stand united by our desire for freedom. Shared, collective freedom, One that can only be achieved through relentless struggle. One that demands nothing short of justice.

It is with these principles in mind that I join a collective, open-ended hunger strike demanding cessation of all operations by Elbit Systems UK; immediate unconditional bail for all Prisoners for Palestine imprisoned before trial; right to a fair trial which can’t be conducted without the disclosure of all foreign and political interference in our cases; complete end to the use of terrorism legislation against those acting to stop a genocide; and an immediate end to censorship of all communication to and from prisons.

10.11.2025 - 23:37 [ Middle East Eye ]

Legal team presents new evidence of torture of Palestinian prisoners to ICC

New evidence regarding the torture of Palestinian prisoners whose mutilated bodies were returned by Israel was presented at the International Criminal Court by a legal team representing the victims of the genocide in Gaza.

Al Jazeera Arabic reported that evidence regarding the targeting of journalists was added to the ongoing series of legal efforts to prosecute Israel in the International court since 2008.

According to the report, documented medical evidence was presented by doctors and forensic experts through detailed reports, photos, videos, and family testimonies.

10.11.2025 - 20:52 [ Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor ]

Clear evidence of brutal torture: Condition of Palestinian bodies released from Israeli prisons demands urgent int’l investigation

(October 16, 2025)

Euro-Med Monitor’s field team monitored the Israeli authorities’ handover of the bodies of 120 Palestinians from the Gaza Strip through the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), delivered in three consecutive batches: 45 on Tuesday, 45 on Wednesday, and 30 on Thursday, including dozens of unidentified remains.

Medical examinations, forensic reports, and observations by the field team revealed conclusive evidence that many victims were killed after being detained. Their bodies bore clear marks of hanging, rope imprints around their necks, injuries from close-range gunfire, bound hands and feet with plastic restraints, and blindfolds. Some bodies were crushed under tank tracks, while others showed severe signs of physical torture, fractures, burns, and deep wounds.

Dr. Munir Al-Bursh, Director General of the Ministry of Health in Gaza, said: “The bodies we received were bound like animals, blindfolded, and bore horrific signs of torture and burns that reveal the extent of the crimes committed in secret. They did not die naturally; they were executed after being restrained. These people were not buried underground, they were kept in the occupation’s refrigerators for long months.”

10.11.2025 - 20:26 [ PrisondersForPalestine.org ]

Statement from Teuta Hoxha

I join my dear comrades in the hunger strike, returning to this position with more patience and determination than previous. You need energy to fight your case. Prison tried to dissuade me last time. I remind them this is a witch hunt, not a fair fight, and that behind the arrests of dissenting voices under counterterrorism powers, holding us on remand without trial for nearly two years and targeting protesters who condemn Palestinian suffering, is the palpably desperate attempt to force us all under the imperial boot of submission. But not even these threats and abuse of powers can undo the awakening we’ve had and the deep-rooted solidarity with our Palestinian brothers and sisters. Labelling us as terrorists only adds salt to the moral injury forced upon us all by Britain’s complicity in the ongoing genocide in Palestine.

10.11.2025 - 20:18 [ Electronic Intifada ]

Exclusive: Absconded activist refuses to be “prisoner of war”

Middlebrough, whose trial date is set for April 2026 and who had already spent a year in pre-trial detention, was facing a total of over 18 months on remand, far exceeding the six-month pre-trial custody time limit.

“I am not on the run. I am merely being sensible, refusing to be held as a prisoner of war of Israel in a British prison,” Middlebrough said in a statement obtained and verified by The Electronic Intifada. “Outrageously, 23 of my heroic and honorable co-defendants remain in prison following our kidnapping by counterterrorism police.”

The British government proscribed Palestine Action as a “terrorist group” on 5 July of this year, prompting a rare protest against the UK from the UN, which called the the banning order a “disturbing misuse of UK counterterrorism legislation.”

Of his arrest, Middlebrough said police used counterterrorist tactics despite him not being charged with terror offenses.

“We were raided, our families detained and guns pointed at our heads despite not being charged with any terror offenses,” Middlebrough said in the statement. “The UN has condemned our treatment as likely ‘enforced disappearance,’ while my co-defendants are indefinitely detained before facing trial.”

15.06.2025 - 17:03 [ Tehran Times ]

Third F-35 fighter jet downed in Iranian territory, two Israeli pilots now in custody

A statement by the Army added that the pilot was captured after ejecting over western Iran.

With this latest downing, Iran has neutralized three F-35 fighter jets since Israel began its aggression on Friday. Of the two others, one pilot is believed liquidated, and another too captured by Iranian forces.

04.03.2025 - 21:59 [ New York Times ]

Zelensky Offers Terms to Stop Fighting, Assuring U.S. That Ukraine Wants Peace

The Ukrainian leader said he was ready to release Russian prisoners of war, stop long-range drone and missile strikes aimed at Russian targets, and declare a truce at sea immediately — moves that he said would help establish a pathway to peace.

Only, however, “if Russia will do the same,” he added.

11.12.2024 - 08:13 [ Yahoo.com ]

Rebel Opposition Arrest Officers and Members of Military Between Hama and Homs

(December 9, 2024)

Footage Obada Jbara said he filmed between Hama and Homs shows Syrian rebels standing next to people lying on the ground, with their hands tied behind their backs, as civilians walk by.

17.02.2024 - 08:44 [ CNN ]

Russia has captured soldiers, Ukrainian commander says, as Kyiv’s forces withdraw from key town of Avdiivka

Withdrawal was “the only correct solution,” Ukraine’s commander of southern forces Oleksandr Tarnavskyi said in a Telegram post Friday, adding that some Ukrainian troops had been captured during the process.

“In a situation where the enemy is advancing on the corpses of their own soldiers with a ten-to-one shell advantage, under constant bombardment, this is the only correct solution,” he said. Russian troops are “numerically superior in terms of personnel, artillery and aviation,” Tarnavskyi added.

26.06.2023 - 18:24 [ Wikipedia ]

Murder of Yevgeny Nuzhin

On 15 November Mykhailo Podoliak, Ukrainian presidential advisor, said that Nuzhin had agreed to participate in prisoner exchange.

A source in Ukrainian army told BBC that Nuzhin was returned to Russia in exchange for twenty Ukrainian servicemen freed from Russian captivity. The source, as well as journalist Ramina Eshakzai, who interviewed Nuzhin, both opined that as soon as they could get Ukrainian soldiers in exchange, they did not care what happened to Nuzhin.

26.06.2023 - 18:22 [ BBC ]

Ukraine war: Wagner chief Prigozhin defends brutal killing video

(14 November 2022)

Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin said unverified footage of Yevgeny Nuzhin, 55, being struck with a sledgehammer was „a dog‘s death for a dog“.

The convicted murderer announced in September he had changed sides.

In the video he says he was hit on the head while walking in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and woke up in a cellar.

18.06.2022 - 10:05 [ APNews.com ]

Russian TV shows videos of 2 US vets captured in Ukraine

His aunt, Dianna Shaw, said the video included both a key word and a gesture that Drueke and his mother had set up during one of his two tours in Iraq so she would know that it was indeed him and that he was OK.

Drueke, who served in the U.S. Army, and Huynh, who served in the U.S. Marines, went missing after their group came under heavy fire in the northeastern Kharkiv region on June 9.

18.06.2022 - 10:02 [ ORF.at ]

Russische Medien führen gefangene US-Soldaten vor

Russische Medien haben zwei in der ukrainischen Armee kämpfende und von moskautreuen Truppen gefangen genommene US-Soldaten vorgeführt.

16.06.2022 - 05:42 [ Telegraph.co.uk ]

Exclusive: US fighters ‘captured’ by Russian forces in Ukraine

Alexander Drueke, 39, and Andy Huynh, 27, had been serving as volunteers with a regular Ukrainian army unit. They are believed to be the first US servicemen to end up as Russian prisoners of war.

They will join a growing number of Western military volunteers captured by Russian forces, including three Britons – Aiden Aslin, Shaun Pinner and Andrew Hill.

11.06.2022 - 19:44 [ Yahoo.com ]

Family of British man facing the death penalty in Donbas call for his release

„Shaun should be accorded all the rights of a prisoner of war according to the Geneva Convention and including full independent legal representation. We sincerely hope that all parties will co-operate urgently to ensure the safe release or exchange of Shaun.“

Britain has called the court‘s decision a „sham judgment“ and condemned Russian proxy authorities in Donbas for what it called an „egregious breach“ of the Geneva convention.

11.06.2022 - 11:44 [ Morocco World News ]

Moroccan Man Who Fought With Ukraine Sentenced to Death in Donetsk

While the court tried the men on the basis of them being foreign mercenaries, the defendants and their families maintained that they were living in Ukraine legally and fought officially with Ukraine, which would grant them the protection of being legitimate prisoners of war, protected by the Geneva convention.

Only a small portion of the closed trial was made public through pro-Russian media. Observers said it’s a “show trial” with “trumped up charges” put on “to imitate trials of Russian soldiers in Ukraine.”

11.06.2022 - 11:06 [ Inews.co.uk ]

Who are Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner? How the British men sentenced to death sought a new life in Ukraine

Mr Aslin, 28, is known by multiple names. When he fought alongside Syria’s Kurdish militia the People’s Protection Units (YPG) against Isis he was known as Rojhat, he then adopted the name Cossack Gundi when he joined as a volunteer fighter in the ranks of the Ukrainian Army. To some, he is known simply as Johnny.

Mr Aslin, a care worker at his hometown of Newark, Nottinghamshire, had no military experience when he left the UK for Syria in 2015. Before he boarded a plane to Sulaymaniyah in northern Iraq, he reportedly told border authorities he was going on a backpacking trip.

11.06.2022 - 10:53 [ Interfax.com.ua ]

So-called court in Donetsk sentences two captive Britons and one Moroccan to death

UK citizens Shaun Pinner, Aiden Aslin and Moroccan Saadun Brahim were charged with being mercenaries and participating in operations aimed at seizure of power and overthrow of the so-called constitutional order of the so-called „Donetsk People‘s Republic“, which is not recognized by anyone but Russia.