Archiv: death toll in Yemen / West Asia War


26.10.2025 - 12:45 [ Times of Israel ]

Far-left candidate who called Israel ‘terrorist state’ elected president of Ireland

“If we in this Dáil can’t recognize that Israel is a terrorist state, then we’re in serious trouble,” she said in a video shared on her campaign’s Facebook page in June, referring to the lower house of the Irish legislature where she served. She went on to criticize Israel’s strikes on Iran’s nuclear program, its military conduct in Gaza, and other Israeli policies.

Connolly, 68, is a long-time critic of the European Union in overwhelmingly pro-EU Ireland. She was backed by the left-dominated opposition, was not a household name, and was underestimated by many at the start of the campaign.

10.09.2025 - 19:06 [ Al Jazeera ]

Israel attacks Yemen’s capital, Sanaa, a day after bombing Qatar’s Doha

At least nine people have been killed after Israel carried out air strikes in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, and al-Jawf governorate, a day after targeting Hamas leaders in the Qatari capital, Doha.

Yemen’s Ministry of Health said on Wednesday that 118 people were wounded in Israeli aggression on Sanaa and al-Jawf. It described the figures as a preliminary toll, warning the number could rise as rescue teams continue to search for victims.

30.08.2025 - 19:23 [ Saba.ye ]

President Al-Mashat mourns Prime Minister’s Death, warns Israel of “Dark Days” ahead

President Mahdi Al-Mashat, head of the Supreme Political Council, mourned the death of Prime Minister of the Government of Change and Construction, Ahmed Ghalib Al-Rahwi, and several of his companions who were killed in an Israeli strike last Thursday. He extended condolences to the victims’ families, the Yemeni people, and state institutions, hailing the fallen officials as examples of responsibility and service.

30.08.2025 - 19:20 [ New York Times ]

Houthis Say Prime Minister Was Killed in Israeli Attack

Israel killed the prime minister of the Houthi-controlled government in Yemen, Ahmed al-Rahawi, in an attack this past week that hit the capital, Sana, a Houthi spokesman said on Saturday. He was the most senior official in the Iranian-backed militant group to be killed in the conflict so far.

In a statement, the Houthi government said that a number of Mr. al-Rahawi’s colleagues were also killed and wounded, without naming them. It said Israel had attacked while they had gathered in Sana for a government workshop on Thursday afternoon.

30.08.2025 - 15:59 [ Aurora Borealis / Twitter ]

Iron Cross with Star of David .. Video of the Luftwaffe Eurofighter Typhoon „Eagle Star 2.0“

(April 7, 2023)

30.08.2025 - 15:34 [ Bad Bonsai / Youtube ]

German Eurofighter Typhoon jets in the sky of Israel – Blue Flag 21 exercise with german airforce

(October 28, 2021)

With six Eurofighters and around 160 soldiers, the Air Force, under the leadership of the Tactical Air Force Squadron 31 „Boelcke“, takes part in the multinational air force exercise Blue Flag in Israel. be practiced air operations in a multinational group. In addition to the Israeli hosts, the air forces of the USA, India, Great Britain, France, Greece and Italy are also involved. With its open air space and its topography, which is largely below sea level, Israel offers the best training conditions for our pilots.

28.06.2025 - 04:49 [ Caitlin Johnstone ]

The Fictional Mental Illness That Only Affects Enemies Of The Western Empire

But we are asked to believe that this vicious imperial power structure is the only rational actor on earth, and that those who resist its aggressions are the crazy ones.

And you are told that if you can’t see this, then you’re crazy too. You’re a crackpot. A conspiracy theorist. A paranoid nutball whose voice should be marginalized and whose ideas should be dismissed with a scoff.

You are crazy if you don’t believe what the world’s craziest power structure says about its enemies being crazy.

It is gaslighting on a global scale. It is madness, and that is why this civilization has gone mad.

Let’s hope someone finds a way to protect the world from the insanity of the western empire.

22.06.2025 - 21:51 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Any government in the world could expel the rogue state of Israel from the United Nations. None does.

(May 14, 2025)

It‘s not the world order that has failed the Palestinians. It‘s the world.

22.06.2025 - 19:01 [ Umair Malik / Twitter ]

this is the biggest blunder in American history. Mark my words

(December 9, 2023)

22.06.2025 - 18:40 [ Caitlin Johnstone ]

Israel Supporters Will Be Despised For The Rest of Their Lives

Everyone’s always going to remember what they did. Their grandchildren will be disgusted by them. Their families will carry their shame for generations.

16.06.2025 - 20:03 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Any government in the world could expel the rogue state of Israel from the United Nations. None does.

(May 14, 2025)

It‘s not the world order that has failed the Palestinians. It‘s the world.

13.06.2025 - 14:04 [ Daniel Neun / Radio Utopie ]

Any government in the world could expel the rogue state of Israel from the United Nations. None does.

(April 27, 2025)

It‘s not the world order that has failed the Palestinians. It‘s the world.

30.04.2025 - 14:59 [ San Antonio Express-News ]

UK military launches airstrikes with US targeting Yemen‘s Houthi rebels

“This action was taken in response to a persistent threat from the Houthis to freedom of navigation,” U.K. Defense Secretary John Healey said. “A 55% drop in shipping through the Red Sea has already cost billions, fueling regional instability and risking economic security for families in the U.K.”

30.04.2025 - 14:54 [ Saba.ye ]

Massacre in Furat Al-Shu‘abi neighborhood & market… Another testament to American brutality

[Wed, 30 Apr 2025 12:24:19 +0300]

Sana‘a – Saba:
Civilians—women and children—along with densely populated homes and neighborhoods, bustling markets, commercial shops, cemeteries, and civilian facilities and properties.

This is the target bank of the American enemy since the beginning of its brutal aggression against the Yemeni people, which escalated last Sunday evening with an attack on the crowded residential area and market of Fura in the capital‘s municipality.

30.04.2025 - 14:52 [ New York Times ]

Britain Joins U.S. in Strike Against Houthis in Yemen

There was no immediate comment from the American military about the operation, which the British Defense Ministry said early Wednesday was carried out overnight “to degrade Houthi capabilities and prevent further attacks against U.K. and international shipping.”

Typhoon jets using precision guided bombs took part in the mission, the ministry said in a statement. The target was “a cluster of buildings, used by the Houthis to manufacture drones of the type used to attack ships in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, located some 15 miles south of Sana,” the statement added, referring to the Yemeni capital.

22.04.2025 - 23:00 [ New York Times ]

U.S. Airstrike Hits Yemeni Capital, Killing 12, Local Health Officials Say

(April 21, 2025)

An American airstrike hit a densely populated area of the Yemeni capital on Sunday, killing 12 people and injuring 30, according to the health ministry of the Houthi-led government.

Two witnesses who live in the capital, Sana, said that the attack struck a neighborhood near the Old City, a densely populated Unesco world heritage site that is filled with ancient towers.

19.04.2025 - 01:28 [ Alexander Howard / Bluesky ]

“There remains little clarity on what right the President has to repeatedly strike a foreign country without the approval of Congress” .. If another nation bombed a U.S. city & killed civilians, our Congress would treat that as an act of war — because it is.

19.04.2025 - 01:12 [ New Yorker ]

The Other Side of Signalgate

(April 8, 2025)

American Presidents have struck Yemen before, often pointing to the Authorization for the Use of Military Force, a joint resolution passed after 9/11, which gave the President the power to attack terrorist targets in foreign countries without a formal “declaration of war.” But Trump hasn’t invoked the A.U.M.F.; instead, he echoed aides who say that it is within the President’s constitutional power to launch attacks for defensive purposes. His predecessors, too, seemed to operate with that license: most recently, the Biden Administration continued to strike Houthi targets, without Congressional approval, even after taking the Houthis off the list of foreign terrorist organizations.

18.04.2025 - 16:05 [ Antiwar.com ]

US Massacres Civilian Workers and Paramedics in Attack on Yemen Fuel Port

On Thursday night, the US bombed the Ras Isa fuel port in Yemen’s Red Sea province of Hodeidah, targeting the facility with two attacks that killed dozens of civilian workers and paramedics.

According to Yemen’s Health Ministry, at least 74 people, including at least five paramedics, were killed, and 171 were wounded. The paramedics were hit by a second US attack on the facility that came after rescue workers had already arrived at the scene to help victims of the first strikes (watch graphic footage of the aftermath of the attack here).

18.04.2025 - 15:32 [ Al Jazeera ]

US air strikes kill 74, injure 171 in Yemen

“Today, US forces took action to eliminate this source of fuel for the Iran-backed Houthi terrorists,” CENTCOM said on Thursday in a post on social media. “The objective of these strikes was to degrade the economic source of power of the Houthis,” it said.

Al Jazeera correspondent Mohammed al-Attab, reporting from Yemen’s capital Sanaa, said the US air strikes hit several different areas, but were most concentrated around the port facility.

“The first four air raids were waged while the people were working,” he said. The air raids took employees by surprise, he said, including truck drivers who were on the scene at the time.

18.04.2025 - 01:10 [ AP News ]

Suspected US airstrikes kill at least 1 in Yemen’s rebel-held capital, Sanaa, Houthis say

An intense series of suspected U.S. airstrikes hit sites across Yemen held by the Houthi rebels into Thursday morning, with at least one person reportedly being killed in the capital, Sanaa.

18.04.2025 - 01:03 [ Military Times ]

US forces strike Yemen oil port in ongoing campaign against Houthis

Ras Isa is a critical oil pipeline and port, one of three on the country’s west coast through which the vast majority of imports and humanitarian assistance enter Yemen.

13.04.2025 - 14:10 [ abplive.com ]

US Targets Houthis In Series Of Airstrikes On Yemen: Report

The United States resumed its air campaign against Houthi forces on March 15, stating that the strikes were aimed at deterring the group from launching attacks against Israeli and US naval assets in the Red Sea.
(…)
Earlier on Thursday the death toll from US airstrikes on the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah has risen to 14, with 15 others wounded, Houthi-controlled health authorities reported.

The majority of the victims were women and children, they said, adding that the death toll increased after the badly injured died in the hospital.

04.04.2025 - 14:54 [ Fox News ]

Trump confirms National Security Council firings as Waltz‘s Signal chat woes snowball

Waltz, who previously served as a Florida congressman and as a decorated combat Green Beret, has come under fire from Democrats and critics since March, when the Atlantic magazine‘s editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg published a firsthand account of getting added to a Signal group chat with top national security leaders, including Waltz, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and CIA Director John Ratcliffe, while they discussed strikes against Yemen terrorists. Trump and his administration have repeatedly defended the national security leader amid criticisms over the chat leak.

Signal is an encrypted messaging app that operates similarly to texting or making phone calls, but with additional security measures that help ensure communications are kept private to those included in the correspondence.

31.03.2025 - 11:42 [ Saba.ye ]

15 Citizens Killed and Injured in US Aggression Airstrikes

Sana‘a (Saba) – The Ministry of Health and Environment announced the death and injury of 15 citizens as a result of US aggression airstrikes on the capital and the governorates of Sana‘a and Hajjah.

26.03.2025 - 14:54 [ theAtlantic.com ]

Here Are the Attack Plans That Trump’s Advisers Shared on Signal

The statements by Hegseth, Gabbard, Ratcliffe, and Trump—combined with the assertions made by numerous administration officials that we are lying about the content of the Signal texts—have led us to believe that people should see the texts in order to reach their own conclusions. There is a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisers included in nonsecure communications channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared. (…)

At 2 p.m., Waltz responded: “Typing too fast. The first target – their top missile guy – we had positive ID of him walking into his girlfriend’s building and it’s now collapsed.”

Vance responded a minute later: “Excellent.” Thirty-five minutes after that, Ratcliffe, the CIA director, wrote, “A good start,” which Waltz followed with a text containing a fist emoji, an American-flag emoji, and a fire emoji.

26.03.2025 - 14:48 [ Yemen Data Project ]

YEMEN DATA PROJECT

Collating and disseminating data on the conduct of the war in Yemen with the purpose of increasing transparency and promoting accountability

26.03.2025 - 14:04 [ Yemen Data Project / campaign-archive.com ]

Yemen Data Project: US STRIKES SURGE UPDATE 15-21 MARCH 2025

The deadliest strike in the first week of President Trump’s bombing campaign was on 16 March in Sa’ada when a strike hit civilian homes in Qahzah in As Safra district. Four children were among 10 civilians recorded killed in the strike. A further 11 civilians were injured, including two children.

More civilians were killed in the first week of Trump’s new campaign than in 12 months of US-UK strikes from January 2024 to January 2025.

16.03.2025 - 08:31 [ Al Jazeera ]

Houthis say children among 31 killed after US fighter jets bomb Yemen

The US raids, the most significant military action since Trump’s return to power in January, came after Yemen’s Houthis threatened to resume raids on Israeli-linked ships in the Red Sea over Israel’s blockade on Gaza.

The US attacks, which began on Saturday and continued into the early hours of Sunday, on the Yemeni capital Sanaa, as well as on areas in Saada, Al Bayda and Radaa killed 31 people and wounded 101, “most of whom were children and women”, health ministry spokesperson Anis Al-Asbahi posted on X.

16.03.2025 - 08:26 [ CNN ]

Trump says ‘decisive’ military action against Houthis in Yemen is underway

He said US personnel were carrying out aerial attacks on Houthi bases, leaders and missile defenses “to protect American shipping, air, and naval assets, and to restore Navigational Freedom.”

“No terrorist force will stop American commercial and naval vessels from freely sailing the Waterways of the World,” Trump wrote.

Trump also delivered a warning for Iran, the Houthis’ main backer, saying it must “immediately” end support for the group. He warned that if Iran threatened the American people or their president, “America will hold you fully accountable and, we won’t be nice about it!”

18.01.2025 - 15:26 [ Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator for Vermont ]

NEWS: With Gaza Ceasefire Near, Sanders Statement on What U.S. Must Learn from Its Role in the Horrific Tragedy

(January 17, 2025)

Finally, as Americans, we must grapple with our role in this dark chapter. The United States allowed this mass atrocity to continue by providing an endless supply of weapons to Netanyahu and failing to exert meaningful leverage. This blanket military support took place in clear violation of U.S. and international law. This must not happen again. Future political leaders should learn from this terrible lesson and restore respect for our own laws and moral principles.

11.01.2025 - 09:05 [ theCradle.co ]

Over 20 warplanes bomb Yemen in three-way attack by Israel, US, UK

Eleven air raids hit the Yemeni capital Sanaa, including the vicinity of Al-Sabeen Square, where around one million people were taking part in a weekly pro-Palestine march.

The Harf Sufyan District was hit by 12 airstrikes in the Amran Governorate of northern Yemen, while six hit the Hodeidah port west of the country. One strike also targeted the Ras Issa port north of Hodeidah.

The main power station in Haziz, south of Sanaa, was struck as well.

11.01.2025 - 08:45 [ Al Jazeera ]

LIVE: Israeli air strikes hit Yemen, Lebanon as more than 20 killed in Gaza

Israel’s military said it attacked sites in Yemen controlled by Houthi fighters, including a power station near the capital Sanaa, and the ports of Hodeidah and Ras Isa.

Several people have been killed in an Israeli air strike in Lebanon’s south with Israel’s military saying later that it was still “committed to the understanding of the ceasefire” with Lebanon.