Daily Archives: 26. Januar 2025


26.01.2025 - 18:02 [ Caitlin Johnstone ]

Trump Reveals Plan For The Ethnic Cleansing Of Gaza

Well that didn’t take long.

26.01.2025 - 17:48 [ Associated Press ]

Trump wants Jordan and Egypt to accept more Palestinian refugees and floats plan to ‘clean out’ Gaza

Trump has built his political career around being unapologetically pro-Israel. On his larger vision for Gaza, Trump said he had call earlier in the day with King Abdullah II of Jordan and would speak Sunday with President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi of Egypt.

“I’d like Egypt to take people,” Trump said. “You’re talking about probably a million and a half people, and we just clean out that whole thing and say, ‘You know, it’s over.’”

26.01.2025 - 15:59 [ Communist Party of Israel ]

‘Continue the Deal and Stop the War’, Protests All-Over Israel

Protests calling for a hostage deal, against Netanyahu’s government and for the end of the war, took place on Saturday evening, Jan 25, in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Beer Sheva, Raanana, Ramat Hasharon, Herzliya, Carmiel, Petach Tikva, Nahariya, Umm el-Fahm and dozens of other locations across the country.

During the protests, activists and relatives of hostages hailing the week-old ceasefire that has so far seen the release of seven female hostages and urging the government to keep the ceasefire going through its second phase.

(…)

“End this fucking war”, protesters again the war in Gaza at Hemed Junction near Jerusalem, January 25, 2025 (Photo: Black Flag Movement)

26.01.2025 - 15:59 [ Middle East Eye ]

Full text of the ceasefire agreement between Israel and Lebanon

(November 27,2024)

10. Israel and Lebanon will report any alleged violations to the Mechanism and Unifil without prejudice to their respective rights to communicate directly with the UN Security Council. The Mechanism will develop appropriate procedures to consult, inspect, gather information, and assist in ensuring the enforcement of these commitments.

11. Upon the commencement of the cessation of hostilities according to paragraph one, Lebanon will deploy its official military and security forces to all borders, and to all regulated and non-regulated land, air and sea border crossings. In addition, the LAF will deploy forces, set road blocks and checkpoints on all the roads and bridges along the line delineating the Southern Litani Area.

12. Upon the commencement of the cessation of hostilities according to paragraph one, Israel will withdraw its forces in a phased manner south of the Blue Line, and in parallel the LAF will deploy to positions in the Southern Litani Area shown in the attached LAF Deployment Plan, and will commence the implementation of its obligations under the commitments, including the dismantling of unauthorised sites and infrastructure and confiscating unauthorised arms and related materiel. The Mechanism will co-ordinate execution by the Israel Defence Forces and LAF of the specific and detailed plan for the phased withdrawal and deployment in these areas, which should not exceed 60 days.

26.01.2025 - 15:15 [ LBCI Lebanon ]

Toll from Israeli attacks rises to 15 in South Lebanon: Health Ministry

A citizen was killed in the town of Odaisseh, while a man and a young woman lost their lives in Meiss El Jabal, and another citizen was killed in Markaba.

These latest casualties bring the total number of fatalities to 15 so far, according to the ministry‘s statement.

26.01.2025 - 15:07 [ LBCI Lebanon ]

Israeli gunfire kills Lebanese soldier, injures another in southern Lebanon

The Lebanese Army announced that one of its soldiers was killed and another wounded in separate incidents of gunfire by Israeli forces in southern Lebanon.

In a statement, the army reported that the fatal shooting occurred on the Marwahin-Dhayra road in the Tyre District, while the injury took place in the town of Meiss El Jabal, Marjaayoun District.

26.01.2025 - 15:00 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel blocks over 600,000 Palestinians from reaching northern Gaza

A drone view shows Palestinians waiting to be allowed to return to their homes in northern Gaza on 26 January 2025

26.01.2025 - 06:21 [ Middle East Eye ]

Israel-Gaza ceasefire: Full text of agreement

(January 15, 2025)

7. Return of unarmed internally displaced (Netzarim Corridor):

a. The return is agreed based on the 27 May 2024 agreement section 3-a and 3-b.

b. On day 7, the internally displaced pedestrians will be allowed to return north, without carrying arms and without inspection via Rashid street. On day 22, they will be allowed to return north from the Salahudin street as well, without inspection.

C. On day 7, vehicles and any non-pedestrian traffic will be allowed to return north of Netzarim corridor after vehicle inspection which will be performed by a private company which will be determined by the mediators in sync with the Israeli side, based on an agreed upon mechanism.

26.01.2025 - 06:18 [ Middle East Eye ]

In photos: Palestinians gather at the Netzarim Corridor to return north

Crowds of Palestinians have gathered near the Netzarim Corridor, a crossing point created by the Israeli army that separates north and south Gaza, in hopes of eventually returning to the north.

Although they are expected to be allowed through on Sunday, the Israeli army has accused Hamas of violating the terms of the ceasefire and said it will not open the corridor.

26.01.2025 - 05:49 [ LBCI Lebanon ]

France‘s Macron informs President Joseph Aoun of ongoing efforts to maintain ceasefire agreement

President Macron explained that he is in contact with various parties to maintain the ceasefire and ensure the full implementation of the agreement.

26.01.2025 - 05:39 [ ClickOrlando.com ]

Israeli military sets up roadblocks in southern Lebanon and announces it won’t withdraw by deadline

While Lebanese army soldiers are dispersed across the south’s western sector, Israeli troops remained in control of most of the southeastern sector.

Members of the U.N. peacekeeping mission in Lebanon, known as UNIFIL, said Israeli tanks and bulldozers have unexpectedly moved and set up several roadblocks, apparently in an attempt to prevent displaced Lebanese people trying to return to their villages.

26.01.2025 - 05:34 [ Al Jazeera ]

Uncertainty in Lebanon after Israel delays troop withdrawal

So, this ceasefire agreement is really a test. A test of whether the state can extend its authority across southern Lebanon.