Archiv: announced on 14-10-2025: arbitrary killing of fishermen near Venezuela in international waters by the US government / two citizens from Trinidad and Tobago killed / appeasement by US media


02.11.2025 - 21:57 [ TrinidadExpress.com ]

Fisherman officially reported missing: Family believes he died in US strike

Police in the Maracas Bay district are now officially investigating the disappearance of 26-year-old Las Cuevas fisherman Chad Joseph, whose relatives and community members have publicly claimed he was among the men killed in a US military strike at sea two weeks ago.

Joseph, of Salvary Lane, St Michael’s Village, Las Cuevas, was reported missing on Saturday evening by a 37-year-old businesswoman. She told police that the last time she saw him was on the morning of April 25, when he told her he was going fishing. He never returned.

02.11.2025 - 21:56 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Family of man believed killed in US strike files missing person report

The family of 26-year-old fisherman Chad Joseph, who is believed to have been killed in a US airstrike, has filed a missing person report with the Maracas Bay Police.

Police said a relative reported that Joseph was last seen around 5 am on April 25, when he said he was going out to fish from his home at Salvary Lane, St Michaels Village, Las Cuevas. He was not seen again.

Officers said the relative later chose not to complete a formal statement until speaking with an attorney.

25.10.2025 - 22:49 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Analysts warn regime change in Venezuela could destabilise region

(October 23, 2025)

Former Grenada House Speaker Chester Humphrey accused Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar of capitulating to US policy in a way that was not befitting of the office she held.

“This is what is happening to the prime ministership in Trinidad and Tobago! It is being desecrated by someone who, first of all, may be in a state of stupor, does not understand the principles involved in the zone of peace,” Humphrey said.

25.10.2025 - 01:38 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

PM blames Opposition for panic over arrival of US warship

(October 24, 2025)

The PM said the Government welcomes the US Navy and Marine Corps for a “joint military training with the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force.”

Persad-Bissessar reiterated, “The Ministry of Foreign and Caricom Affairs has stated that the USS Gravely (DDG-107) will visit Trinidad and Tobago from October 26 to 30, mooring in Port-of-Spain, while the 22nd US Marine Expeditionary Unit will conduct joint training exercises with the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF) during the same period.”

19.10.2025 - 12:00 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Venezuelan minister: T&T citizens killed by the US speaks volumes

In the message posted on his X account, Castillo wrote the following: “They ask T&T citizens to stay close to the coast because at sea they can be bombed by their American allies. This is not a joke; it speaks volumes.”

Two T&T citizens were killed last Tuesday by the United States’ Government, following an attack on a vessel sailing in the Caribbean Sea.

The victims were fishermen and lived in Las Cuevas. One of them was identified as 26-year-old Chad Joseph, and the other victim was known as Rishi Samaroo.

17.10.2025 - 14:20 [ Radio Havana Cuba ]

Cuban president reaffirms solidarity and support for Venezuela

Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba and President of the Republic, today expressed Cuba’s solidarity with the people and government of Venezuela, in light of the recent approval by the United States government of covert CIA operations against the Bolivarian nation.

17.10.2025 - 14:01 [ UltimasNoticias.com.ve ]

Venezuela denounces US „license to kill“ at the UN and demands answers

„So far, they‘ve carried out five lethal attacks, resulting in 27 deaths,“ he said, adding that some of the victims have been reported as Colombians, Venezuelans, and Trinidadians, so these actions „affect the entire region; it‘s not just a Venezuelan issue. The victims come from other countries as well.“

He warned about Donald Trump‘s threat to escalate these incidents into potential attacks on land targets, which violates the „provisions of Article 2.4 of the United Nations Charter, relating to the abstention from the use of force.“

17.10.2025 - 13:27 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Kamla, Defence Minister mum on 2 Trinis killed in US strike

As T&T and the wider Caribbean await an official response to reports that two nationals were among six people killed in a United States kinetic strike off Venezuela’s coast, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Defence Minister Wayne Sturge avoided questions from the media on the matter yesterday.

17.10.2025 - 13:07 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

FFOS warns fishermen after US strike kills two Trinis: Stay close to shore

Aboud said it was frightening that T&T’s leader would endorse such actions, calling her comments “outrageous, violent, ignorant, aggressive, undiplomatic and unbecoming of a senior counsel.”

“Our people pay the price. I do not recommend that any of our boys move further than a mile from shore. I strongly advise all seamen to travel at five to ten knots because, at any moment, you can be bombed out of the sea. Even if it’s an accident, they will say, ‘We’re sorry, we thought…’ This is not what a responsible Prime Minister should be bringing to our shores and our people,” Aboud said.

17.10.2025 - 12:55 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Fishermen terrified following latest US bombing at sea, says Aboud

“People are terrified at the risk of being killed at sea,” he observed. “Personally, I am very upset with our national position of bringing American warships and allowing them to by-pass the judicial process.”

“We have law and order. We are a civilised nation. Yet we have adopted and given blessing to warmongering murderers to come into our territory and kill people outside of the judicial process,” Aboud said.

17.10.2025 - 12:50 [ CaribbeanNationalWeekly.com ]

NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela

Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.

“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.

17.10.2025 - 12:27 [ New York Times ]

Trinidadian Family Says U.S. Military Killed Relative in Boat Attack

Chad Joseph, a 26-year-old from Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in Venezuela in recent months, told his family he would soon be taking a short boat ride back home.

He has yet to return, and now his family fears the worst.

On Thursday, his name spread across social media, with users saying that he was one of six people aboard a suspected drug vessel that had been blown up by the U.S. military this week.