May 22, 2025 KNESSET YISRAEL
Ayman Odeh, a member of the Arab-Jewish Hadash party, was forcefully removed from the podium in the Israeli parliament as he criticised Israel‘s war on Gaza and the rising death toll
Daily Archives: 23. Mai 2025
MK Odeh Forcefully Removed from the Knesset Podium During a Speech Against the War
MK Ayman Odeh (Hadash) was forcefully removed from the podium in the Knesset on Wednesday, May 21, after a shouting match with far-right coalition members which he criticized to prolong the Gaza war. He accused the occupation army of the mounting dead Palestinian children toll. “It is only a war on innocent people, a massacre,” he said.
Netanyahu Ignores Attorney-General And Court, Appoints New Shin Bet Director
(May 22, 2025)
Just yesterday, the Supreme Court ruled by a 2-1 majority that Ronen Bar’s dismissal was tainted by a conflict of interest, particularly due to the Qatargate affair. Although Bar announced he would leave “voluntarily,” Netanyahu had initially sought to remove him, but retracted under legal pressure. Following the court’s ruling, Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara instructed Netanyahu to refrain from involvement in appointing Bar’s successor.
Despite this, Netanyahu announced the new appointment today, openly defying the AG’s directive.
Israel Supreme Court rules firing of security agency chief ‘unlawful’ amid political firestorm
(May 22, 2025)
Israel’s High Court of Justice ruled Wednesday that the cabinet’s dismissal of Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar was “improper” and “unlawful.” The court found the firing lacked valid justification and was based on a “thin and shaky factual foundation.”
Expanding on the court’s reasoning, court president Justice Isaac Amit condemned the government’s failure to consult the Senior Appointments Advisory Committee.
Secretary-General‘s press encounter on the humanitarian situation in Gaza
Finally, a trickle of aid has crossed over.
In recent days, almost 400 trucks were cleared for entry to Gaza through the Kerem Shalom crossing.
But supplies from only 115 trucks have been able to be collected.
And nothing has reached the besieged north.
We are working around the clock to get whatever aid we can to people in need.
And we managed to distribute some wheat flour, baby food, nutrition supplements and medicines.
At long last, a few bakeries in south and central Gaza are operating.
But let us not forget that we are operating in the middle of a military operation.
In any case, all the aid authorized until now amounts to a teaspoon of aid when a flood of assistance is required.
Aid teams highlight growing anxiety in Gaza after food is looted
Long-awaited food supplies have been looted in Gaza overnight while being transported to desperate communities in the war-torn enclave, UN aid teams reported on Friday.
Safe Access Needed to Deliver Food in Gaza
Fifteen World Food Programme (WFP) trucks were looted late last night in southern Gaza, while the trucks were en route to WFP-supported bakeries. These trucks were transporting critical food supplies for populations waiting anxiously for assistance.
(…)
As WFP has said previously, 2 million people are facing extreme hunger and famine without immediate action.
Aid trucks looted in southern Gaza as famine looms due to blockade: UN
„These trucks were transporting critical food supplies for hungry populations waiting anxiously for assistance. Hunger, desperation, and anxiety over whether more food aid is coming, is contributing to rising insecurity,“ the WFP said in a statement.
„Hunger, desperation, and anxiety over whether more food aid is coming, is contributing to rising insecurity,“ the WFP continued.
Gaza death toll passes 53,800 as Israel kills 60 more Palestinians
A ministry statement said that 60 bodies were brought to hospitals in the last 24 hours, while 185 people were injured, taking the number of injuries to 122,382 in the Israeli onslaught.
“Many victims are still trapped under the rubble and on the roads as rescuers are unable to reach them,” it added.
Israeli attacks kill 66 people in Gaza since dawn
At least 66 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli air attacks across the Gaza Strip since dawn today, Gaza’s Health Ministry reports.