Every former Conservative and Labour MP who quit the parties in protest over issues including Brexit and anti-Semitism has failed to be re-elected.
– Boris Johnson launches mass clear out of Cabinet and sacks Jeremy Hunt
– Jeremy Hunt and Penny Mordaunt among those sacked in brutal two-hour cull
– Greg Clark and Liam Fox also leave the government as new PM wields the axe
– Damian Hinds, James Brokenshire, David Mundell and Karen Bradley ousted
– Philip Hammond, David Gauke and Rory Stewart all resigned earlier today
– Priti Patel makes a remarkable Cabinet return as the new Home Secretary
– Sajid Javid has been promoted to crucial role of Chancellor under Mr Johnson
– Brexiteer Dominic Raab was installed as Foreign Secretary replacing Mr Hunt
There will be more…
Gavin Barwell was accused of going “rogue” and over-ruling whips amid an increasing clamour for the 13 ministers who voted against the Government to be sacked.
A Gang of Four Cabinet ministers – Business secretary Greg Clark, Justice Secretary David Gauke, Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd and Scottish Secretary David Mundell – were among 18 people on the Government payroll to defy a three-line whip on a motion to take no deal off the table. It is unclear who – if anyone – instructed them that they could abstain. …