Additionally, Katz says that his position, whereby officers who served in the Southern Command on October 7 will not be promoted, “remains unchanged.” This comes after Zamir ruled that there was no issue with the promotion of three senior officers, whose promotions were previously held up or canceled by Katz.
Archiv: Israel Katz
Türkei: Gericht erlässt Haftbefehl gegen Benjamin Netanjahu
Bereits im November 2024 hatte ein Gremium von Richtern des Internationalen Strafgerichtshofs in Den Haag Haftbefehle gegen den israelischen Premierminister Benjamin Netanjahu und seinen früheren Verteidigungsminister Yoav Gallant wegen Kriegsverbrechen im Gazastreifen erlassen. Die USA und Israel erkennen den IStGH nicht an.
Turkey issues arrest warrant against Netanyahu for ‚genocide‘ in Gaza
The Istanbul prosecutor‘s office said in a statement that a total of 37 suspects were targeted by the arrest warrants, without providing a full list.
They include Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz, National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir and army chief Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir.
Turkey has accused the officials of „genocide and crimes against humanity“ that Israel has „perpetrated systematically“ in Gaza.
Israel’s defence minister says army to remain in Gaza
Israeli media also quoted the defence minister as saying that at the end of Trump’s plan, “Hamas will be disarmed, the Gaza Strip will be demilitarised, and the IDF [Israeli army] will remain in controlling areas to protect the communities”.
At least 53 Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza since dawn
At least 53 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli bombardment and gunfire across the Gaza Strip since dawn, according to medical sources cited by Wafa news agency.
Hospital sources reported that five bodies were brought to Al-Shifa Hospital, five to Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital, one to Al-Awda Hospital, 13 to Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital, and 29 to Nasser Hospital.
Israel threatens all staying in Gaza City, kills at least 34 in enclave
Israeli Defence Minister Katz says anyone who stays in Gaza City will be considered ‘terrorists and terror supporters’.
Israel orders all remaining Palestinians to leave Gaza City
The Israeli government has issued an order for all Palestinians still in Gaza City to leave immediately.
Defence Minister Israel Katz warned it was their “last opportunity” to evacuate, adding that anyone who remained would be treated as a militant supporter and face the “full force” of Israel’s latest assault.
וועדת האו“ם קבעה כיישראל חותרת לשליטה קבועה בעזה, ולרוב יהודי בשטח הפלסטיני הכבוש ובישראל
קווי דמיון ביןמדיניות הקרקעות והדיור המשפיעה על פלסטינים בישראל לביןזוהחלהעל פלסטינים בגדה המערבית
הכבושה מצביעים עלקיומה של מדיניות רחבה יותר ביחס לאוכלוסייה הפלסטינית בכללותה, שנועדה להבטיח רוב יהודי
בכלל האזוריםהמצוייםתחת שליטהישראלית, תוך צמצום האפשרות להגדרה עצמית גיאוגרפית עבור העם הפלסטיני.
בדוח זוהו ששה שרים ישראליים כמי שנושאים ככל הנראה בעיקר האחריותלביצוע פשעים בינלאומיים הנוגעים לקרקעות
ודיור, כמו גם לפשעים אחרים שזוהו על-ידי הוועדה בדוחותיה הקודמים:
•שר הביטחון לשעבריואב גלנטושר הביטחון הנוכחיישראל כץנושאים באחריותלפעולותיהם של כוחות הביטחון
הישראליים בעזה;
•שר האוצרבצלאל סמוטריץ‘ושרת ההתיישבות והמשימות הלאומיותאורית סטרוקנושאים במשותף באחריות
להנעת הקמתן והרחבתן של התנחלויותבגדה המערבית הכבושה, לרבות מזרח ירושלים;
•השר לביטחון לאומיאיתמר בן-גבירנושא באחריות למעשיהתעללותשלרשויות הכליאה הישראליות בעצירים
פלסטיניים, אשר זוהו על-ידי הוועדה בדיווחה הקודםלעצרתהכללית;
•ראש הממשלהבנימין נתניהונושא באחריות הסופית להתנהלותה של ישראל בשטח הפלסטיני הכבוש בכללותו,
ובאחריות ישירהלאור הוראותיו לביצוע מעשיםהמהווים פשעי מלחמה, פשעים נגד האנושות, ופשע השמדת עם;
•ראש הממשלהנתניהוושר הביטחון לשעברגלנטנושאים גם באחריותלפשע ההסתה לביצוע השמדת עם
Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel
82. Successive Governments of Israel have implemented laws and policies to diminish Palestinian space in Israel, including confining Palestinian localities and hindering Palestinians with Israeli citizenship from moving and integrating into Jewish localities. In addition, informal barriers resulting from wider, primarily socioeconomic, inequalities between the two populations have grown and become entrenched over decades, further preventing integration.
83. Some policies and laws are explicitly discriminatory. Others have a discriminatory impact, resulting in segregation. This is evident from the “admissions committees” policy and law, as well as statements of Israeli officials’ supporting the development of exclusively non-Jewish localities to deter and prevent Palestinians with Israeli citizenship from moving into mixed cities.
84. Such discrimination in laws and policies is a violation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. Specifically, Israel has violated article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, which obliges States to ensure adequate standards of living and housing and the continuous improvement of living conditions.
85. Land and housing policies impacting Palestinians in Israel are part of a broader policy towards the Palestinian population as a whole, aimed at striving towards a Jewish majority in all areas under Israeli control, reducing the possibility of geographical self-determination for the Palestinian people.
Individual criminal responsibility
86. The Commission has identified several Israeli ministers as likely bearing the most responsibility for the international crimes noted in the present report. The Ministers of Defence since October 2023, Yoav Gallant (until 7 November 2024) and subsequently Israel Katz, are responsible for actions of Israeli security forces in Gaza which amount to international crimes. The Minister of Finance, Bezalel Smotrich, and the Minister of Settlements and National Projects, Orit Strock, are jointly responsible for driving settlement construction and expansion in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. The Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, is responsible for the actions of police and prison authorities noted by the Commission in its previous report to the General Assembly. The Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is ultimately responsibility for the conduct of Israel in the whole of the Occupied Palestinian Territory. All six bear direct individual responsibility for establishing policies and taking actions noted in the present report that have killed and injured Palestinians, deliberately inflicted on Palestinians in Gaza conditions of life calculated to bring about the group’s physical destruction in whole or in part and deepened the unlawful presence of Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, including through security operations and channelling funds for settlements, farm outposts and settlement expansion.
Israel seeks permanent Gaza control and Jewish majority in West Bank, UN inquiry says
The Commission also found that since October 2023, Israeli policies have demonstrated clear intent to forcibly transfer Palestinians, expand Jewish settlements, and annex the entire West Bank.
„Increasing violent attacks by settlers have resulted in the forcible displacement of communities and subsequent Judaization of areas of the West Bank,“ the report stated.
It also highlights military operations in Jenin, Tulkarem, and Nur Shams refugee camps, which resulted in destruction of homes and infrastructure and displacement of residents – actions the Commission deems unjustified militarily and tantamount to collective punishment.
Katz: IDF sent evacuation notice in Gaza City, ‘bolt is now removed from the gates of Hell’
Defense Minister Israel Katz says Israel has issued its first formal evacuation notice to residents of a multi-story building in Gaza City ahead of an impending strike, warning that IDF operations there will only intensify until Hamas agrees to Israel’s terms to a ceasefire deal.
“The bolt is now being removed from the gates of Hell in Gaza,” he posts on X.
Alle Palästinenser in ein Lager sperren, wie nennt ihr das?
(July 8, 2025)
Es ist der Dienstagmorgen des 8. Juli 2025, Israel hat gerade angekündigt, ein Lager in Rafah zu errichten, in das es sämtliche Bewohner des Gazastreifens „aufnehmen“ will – um sie dann nicht mehr herauszulassen. Zuerst 600.000, dann alle Palästinenser. Das berichtete die israelische Zeitung Haaretz am Montagabend. Und was titeln die Leitmedien in Deutschland am Dienstag?
….
David Lammy calls Israel Gaza concentration camp plan ‚sticking point‘
(July 9, 2025)
The Foreign Secretary said: “The statements that you’ve just described from defence minister [Israel Katz] relate very much to where the IDF are located and you’ll understand that if they’re, if what you describe is true then I think that would be a big sticking point for getting that ceasefire.”
Describing the issue as one of Israel’s “location” in Gaza, he added: “I suspect the statement from defence minister Katz is in relation to that and I suspect if indeed he is insistent of that position then it would be very hard to see how we get that ceasefire because there is an acute discussion about the degree to which the IDF withdraws from Gaza.”
Critics Aghast at Israel‘s Push for Gaza ‚Concentration Camp‘
(July 8, 2025)
„It is all about population transfer to the southern tip of the Gaza Strip in preparation for deportation outside the strip,“ he told The Guardian. „While the government still calls the deportation ‚voluntary,‘ people in Gaza are under so many coercive measures that no departure from the strip can be seen in legal terms as consensual. When you drive someone out of their homeland that would be a war crime, in the context of a war. If it‘s done on a massive scale like he plans, it becomes a crime against humanity.“
Katz proposes ‚concentration camp‘ on Rafah‘s ruins for Gaza‘s Palestinians
(July 8, 2025)
Katz proposed the idea that some 600,000 Palestinians living or displaced to the al-Mawasi area in the southern Gaza Strip would be transported to what he called a „humanitarian city,“ from which they wouldn’t be „allowed to leave“.
Before entry to the camp, Palestinians would be forced to undergo „screenings“ to ensure they are not „Hamas operatives,“ he said, as reported by Haaretz on Monday.
‘Remember what happened’: Israel threatens Iran’s Supreme Leader with same fate as Saddam Hussein
Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz on Tuesday issued a stark warning to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, suggesting he could meet the same fate as Iraq’s former dictator Saddam Hussein. “Remember what happened to the dictator in the neighbouring country of Iran who took this path against Israel,” Katz said, according to Reuters.
Katz: Iranian propaganda ‘to disappear’ as IDF orders evacuation of Tehran district
Defense Minister Israel Katz said, in a subsequent statement, “The Iranian propaganda and incitement mouthpiece is on its way to disappear. The evacuation of local residents is beginning.”
The area indicated on the IDF map included the headquarters of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting propaganda channel.
If Israel doesn‘t target civilians, who are these victims, Katz?
Katz‘s initial comments, made after Iran‘s eighth strike on the occupied territories since the war‘s outbreak, declared that the „residents of Tehran“ would „pay the price“ for the successful offensive. The Hebrew statement, seemingly aimed at Israelis who had been spending hours in bomb shelters, soon circulated on Persian social media. This further undermined Israel‘s hopes of inciting coordinated unrest among Iranians, forcing Katz to take to X again, this time to „clarify“ his position in English.
„I wish to clarify the obvious: there is no intention to physically harm the residents of Tehran,“ he wrote.
Israel expects ‚significant crisis‘ in Gaza as it plans to continue total blockade
According to a report on Israeli news site Walla, the Israeli military is not concerned about the dire humanitarian situation in Gaza, which has been without any humanitarian aid for the last 51 days after Israel declared its total blockade.
Sources in Israel’s Southern Command, who spoke to Walla, estimated that “in two weeks, a significant crisis will begin in the Gaza Strip regarding food, medical equipment and medicines”.
Israel Foreign Minister Calls for the Evacuation of Palestinians in West Bank
Foreign Minister Israel Katz urged Israel to consider temporarily relocating Palestinians as part of a significant anti-terror operation in the northern West Bank on Wednesday, 28 August.
“We need to deal with the [terror] threat exactly as we deal with terror infrastructure in Gaza, including the temporary evacuation of Palestinian civilians and any other step needed,” he said on X . “This is a war in every sense.”
Israeli minister proposes Gaza artificial island
(30.03.2011)
Yisrael Katz told Army Radio on Wednesday he wants an international force to control the island for „at least 100 years“ and for unloaded cargo to be brought into Gaza along a 4.5-km (3-mile)-long bridge with a security checkpoint to prevent arms smuggling. (…)
„We have built models and there are many entrepreneurs who are interested and prepared to invest billions and make money,“ he said, without giving further details.
Artificial island off Gaza pitched by Israeli minister in EU meeting is ‚irrelevant‘, Borrell says
(22.01.2024)
Israel’s foreign minister Israel Katz has sparked controversy after using a high-stakes meeting of EU foreign ministers to promote a plan to build an artificial island off the Gazan coast.
Plan to build artificial island in Israel seen as attempt to legitimize occupation of apartheid regime
(29.02.2024)
Referring to the proposal by Israeli Foreign Minister Yisrael Katz on Jan. 22 at the EU Foreign Ministers Meeting to establish an artificial island in the Mediterranean to settle the people of Gaza, Halper noted that it is part of the project to cleanse Palestinian lands from Palestinians.
“The point of Israeli apartheid is to disappear the Palestinians as a people and Palestine as a country: confine the Palestinians to small islands (later called a “state,” but without real sovereignty or economically viable), take their lands and then normalize that regime in the international community.
Finance Minister Israel Katz sharply criticized the government‘s renewed lockdown policy to try and regain some control of the #coronavirus pandemic, arguing that „indiscriminate closure would drive millions of Israelis to hunger and despair‘
Israel among the first countries to receive new Japanese coronavirus drug
(today)
Katz praised the work of Jerusalem‘s diplomatic mission in Tokyo, the Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Health Ministry for „having successfully brought this groundbreaking research to Israel.“