(archive entries)
Daily Archives: 2. August 2025
Hunger lines in Gaza: ‘Food is not enough’
(today)
After a bitter struggle, Ziad Al-Ghariz, an elderly displaced person from Gaza, managed to obtain a cup of lentil soup. He sat on the floor and began to take slow sips. He told UN News that he had not tasted bread for 10 consecutive days.
“I eat the lentil soup distributed by the community kitchen,” he said. “I cannot afford flour at all. I do not have the money for it, so I try to get whatever the kitchen distributes. The people of Gaza are hungry.”
Young Mohammed Nayfeh says he spent four hours waiting for a meal for his family.
“I‘ve been standing here for four hours, and I can’t get any food in the crowds and the sun,” he said. “We’re dying. We need support. We need food and drink. Where is the world? We’re dying here of hunger. Every day we eat only lentils. There’s no flour, no food, no drink. We’re dying of hunger.”
„Either we burn in the sun or we are trampled underfoot“
Umm Muhammad, a displaced person from the Shujaiya neighborhood, described the macabre scene around her.
“There is no water, no food, no bread,” she said. “The bitterness of the situation forces us to come here. In the end, we return with nothing. We either return burned under the sun or trampled underfoot due to overcrowding, and we return empty-handed. And no one listens.”
Gaza: Nearly 1,400 Palestinians killed while seeking food, as UN warns airdrops are no solution
(August 1, 2025)
Between 30 and 31 July alone, 105 Palestinians were killed and at least 680 more injured along the convoy routes in the Zikim area in North Gaza, southern Khan Younis, and in the vicinity of the GHF sites in Middle Gaza and Rafah, the office (OHCHR) said in a press release issued on Friday
In total, since 27 May, at least 1,373 Palestinians have been killed while seeking food; 859 in the vicinity of the GHF sites and 514 along the routes of food convoys.
OHCHR noted that most of the killings were committed by the Israeli military, and that while it is aware of the presence of other armed elements in the same areas, it does not have information indicating their involvement in the killings.
“[The office] has no information that these Palestinians were directly participating in hostilities or posed any threat to Israeli security forces or other individuals. Each person killed or injured had been desperately struggling for survival, not only for themselves, but also for their families and dependents,” it said.
Looting, chaos and Israeli gunfire prevent aid from reaching Gazans
(August 1, 2025)
JERUSALEM — Shortly after 5 p.m. local time on Wednesday, trucks carrying food from the U.N. World Food Program passed an Israeli checkpoint and entered the rubble-strewn no-man’s-land of northern Gaza. Immediately, they were overwhelmed.
“Hundreds of thousands” of aid seekers who had been waiting for hours surged to within 100 meters of the checkpoint, and Israeli troops began to fire rifle and artillery rounds, according to an internal WFP mission security report seen by The Washington Post.
New footage of Palestinians swarming aid trucks entering Gaza
(July 28, 2025)
Footage shared by Turkish outlet TRT showed people climbing onto vehicles, reportedly after the Israeli military paused hostilities to facilitate aid deliveries.
Thousands of Palestinians crowd aid trucks in southern Gaza
(July 28, 2025)
Thousands of #Palestinians crowded an #aid truck in southern #Gaza amid what the United Nations described as a deepening “#starvation crisis” due to #Israeli authorities limiting aid deliveries. This footage from journalist Ibrahim al-Salot shows huge crowds thronging an aid truck, with several people climbing on top of the vehicle.
A World of Misery, From 200 Miles Up
(July 29, 2025)
On Saturday, a satellite passing over the Gaza Strip captured an image of hundreds of people converging on a convoy of aid trucks as they threaded through mounds of rubble in the southern part of the territory.
Gaza death toll surges to 60,430 amid ongoing Israeli genocide
GAZA, August 2, 2025 (WAFA) – At least 98 Palestinians were killed and 1,079 others were injured in the Gaza Strip over the last 24 hours as a result of the ongoing Israeli genocide in the region, according to medical sources.
Local health authorities confirmed that the Palestinian death toll from the Israeli onslaught since October 2023 has risen to 60,430 fatalities, with an additional 148,722 people sustaining injuries. The majority of the victims are women and children.
At least 98 Palestinians killed in last 24 hours
At least 98 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attack in the last 24 hours, with another 1,079 wounded, the Palesinian health ministry is reporting.
Of that figure, 39 were aid seekers.