Archiv: Sudanese Armed Forces / military junta


31.10.2025 - 23:02 [ Al Jazeera ]

War in Sudan: Humanitarian, fighting, control developments, October 2025

Sudan’s civil war between the regular army known as the Sudan Armed Forces and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces continues unabated.

The conflict is well into its third year and has seen both sides allegedly commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. In addition, the RSF is implicated in atrocities that may amount to genocide, especially in the sprawling western region of Darfur.

24.10.2025 - 22:31 [ Middle East Eye ]

Trump pushes for Sudan truce in Washington and gets Sisi to lean on Burhan

Diplomats told Middle East Eye that representatives of Burhan’s government and its enemy, the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), were both in Washington for indirect talks.

According to an Egyptian presidential source, US President Donald Trump has personally tasked Sisi to work on ending Sudan’s civil war.

13.09.2025 - 22:30 [ Saudi Gazette ]

Saudi Arabia, US, UAE and Egypt underscore restoration of peace and ending suffering of people in Sudan

The meeting was convened at the invitation of the United States. The ministers have engaged in extensive consultations on the conflict in Sudan, recalling that it has provoked the world’s worst humanitarian crisis and poses grave risks to regional peace and security.

The ministers committed to the shared set of principles with regard to ending the conflict in Sudan:

13.09.2025 - 22:22 [ Egypt Today ]

Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, US call for 3-month truce in Sudan, followed by 9-month transitional period to end ongoing civil war

The conflicting parties of Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and Rapid Support Forces (RSF) militia have committed war crimes and atrocities since mid-April 2023. On September 9, 2025, the UN Human Right Council submitted a report documenting that dozens of detainees have reportedly killed due to torture and the systematic deprivation of food and medical treatment since June.

It has been estimated that the war claimed the lives of 150,000 people by June 2024. As of July 2025, 12 million people had been forced to flee their homes, including 7.7 million internally displaced persons (IDPs)—more than half of whom are children, said Migration Policy Institute on July 17, 2025.

Here is the full text of the joint statement:

15.04.2025 - 02:09 [ ABC News ]

Sudan tells top UN court that UAE is breaching genocide convention by funding rebels

(April 10, 2025)

Sudan has told the United Nations’ top court that the United Arab Emirates is breaching the genocide convention by arming and funding the rebel paramilitary group Rapid Support Forces

15.04.2025 - 00:26 [ Middle East Eye ]

Sudan’s el-Fasher pleads for help as RSF slaughters its way to the city

More than a million people in Sudan’s el-Fasher are pleading for protection after the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) advanced on the city, killing hundreds of people while on its way.

Multiple sources in and around el-Fasher told Middle East Eye that the RSF is preparing to invade the city, which is the capital of North Darfur state and the only place in western Sudan still held by the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and its allies.

13.11.2024 - 18:41 [ United Nations ]

Sudan: Allies of warring generals ‘enabling the slaughter,’ Security Council hears

Ms. DiCarlo condemned not only the RSF attacks but also the indiscriminate airstrikes by the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) in civilian-populated areas such as the capital Khartoum and El Fasher, a major city in North Darfur hosting thousands of internally displaced which has been besieged for months by the RSF.

“Both warring parties bear responsibility for this violence,” she stressed.

She added that as the rainy season nears its end, both sides continue to escalate their military operations, recruit new fighters and intensify their attacks, fuelled by “considerable” external support and a steady flow of arms.

“To put it bluntly, certain purported allies of the parties are enabling the slaughter in Sudan. This is unconscionable, it is illegal, and it must end.”

(…)

The situation in Sudan has been in a freefall since the war erupted last April.

It is now the world’s worst displacement crisis, with more than 11 million people driven from their homes – nearly three million among them into neighbouring countries as refugees, according to the UN relief coordinating office, OCHA.

The war has also unleashed a severe hunger crisis, affecting millions.