Archiv: Sean Middlebrough


19.11.2025 - 19:14 [ Novara Media / Youtube ]

Absconded Palestine Action Prisoner Speaks Out In Exclusive Novara Media Interview | #NovaraLIVE

Nov 13, 2025 Novara Live – NEW episodes every weekday 6pm UK
We speak to absconded Palestine Action prisoner Sean “Shibby” Middlebrough.

10.11.2025 - 20:18 [ Electronic Intifada ]

Exclusive: Absconded activist refuses to be “prisoner of war”

Middlebrough, whose trial date is set for April 2026 and who had already spent a year in pre-trial detention, was facing a total of over 18 months on remand, far exceeding the six-month pre-trial custody time limit.

“I am not on the run. I am merely being sensible, refusing to be held as a prisoner of war of Israel in a British prison,” Middlebrough said in a statement obtained and verified by The Electronic Intifada. “Outrageously, 23 of my heroic and honorable co-defendants remain in prison following our kidnapping by counterterrorism police.”

The British government proscribed Palestine Action as a “terrorist group” on 5 July of this year, prompting a rare protest against the UK from the UN, which called the the banning order a “disturbing misuse of UK counterterrorism legislation.”

Of his arrest, Middlebrough said police used counterterrorist tactics despite him not being charged with terror offenses.

“We were raided, our families detained and guns pointed at our heads despite not being charged with any terror offenses,” Middlebrough said in the statement. “The UN has condemned our treatment as likely ‘enforced disappearance,’ while my co-defendants are indefinitely detained before facing trial.”

10.11.2025 - 20:05 [ Middle East Eye ]

Palestine Action prisoner absconds while sixth detainee joins hunger strike

A prisoner held on remand in the UK for alleged offences relating to Palestine Action activities has failed to return after being temporarily released from a south London Prison.

Sean Middleborough, 32, who was being held on remand at HMP Wandsworth, failed to return after being granted bail to attend his brother’s wedding. (…)
Many have been held for over a year on remand – exceeding the legal six month pre-trial custody time limit.
(…)

On Monday, Kamran Ahmed, 27, became the sixth prisoner to join the open-ended hunger strike.

He joins T Hoxha, Jon Cink, Heba Muraisi, Qesser Zurah and Amu Gibb in the mass food refusal after Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood failed to respond to a letter demanding immediate bail and the de-proscription of Palestine Action.