Archiv: Arabisches Meer / Arabian Sea


18.04.2025 - 16:05 [ Antiwar.com ]

US Massacres Civilian Workers and Paramedics in Attack on Yemen Fuel Port

On Thursday night, the US bombed the Ras Isa fuel port in Yemen’s Red Sea province of Hodeidah, targeting the facility with two attacks that killed dozens of civilian workers and paramedics.

According to Yemen’s Health Ministry, at least 74 people, including at least five paramedics, were killed, and 171 were wounded. The paramedics were hit by a second US attack on the facility that came after rescue workers had already arrived at the scene to help victims of the first strikes (watch graphic footage of the aftermath of the attack here).

18.04.2025 - 15:32 [ Al Jazeera ]

US air strikes kill 74, injure 171 in Yemen

“Today, US forces took action to eliminate this source of fuel for the Iran-backed Houthi terrorists,” CENTCOM said on Thursday in a post on social media. “The objective of these strikes was to degrade the economic source of power of the Houthis,” it said.

Al Jazeera correspondent Mohammed al-Attab, reporting from Yemen’s capital Sanaa, said the US air strikes hit several different areas, but were most concentrated around the port facility.

“The first four air raids were waged while the people were working,” he said. The air raids took employees by surprise, he said, including truck drivers who were on the scene at the time.

18.04.2025 - 01:10 [ AP News ]

Suspected US airstrikes kill at least 1 in Yemen’s rebel-held capital, Sanaa, Houthis say

An intense series of suspected U.S. airstrikes hit sites across Yemen held by the Houthi rebels into Thursday morning, with at least one person reportedly being killed in the capital, Sanaa.

18.04.2025 - 01:03 [ Military Times ]

US forces strike Yemen oil port in ongoing campaign against Houthis

Ras Isa is a critical oil pipeline and port, one of three on the country’s west coast through which the vast majority of imports and humanitarian assistance enter Yemen.

16.04.2025 - 05:34 [ Times of San Diego ]

San Diego-based USS Carl Vinson arrives in Mideast, launches airstrikes against Houthi rebels

The San Diego-based USS Carl Vinson has arrived in Mideast waters and is launching air strikes on Houthi rebels ahead of the next round of talks between Iran and the United States over Tehran’s rapidly advancing nuclear program.

The Associated Press cited satellite photos taken Monday by the European Union’s Copernicus program showing the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier operating northeast of Socotra, an island off Yemen that sits near the mouth of the Gulf of Aden.

16.04.2025 - 05:30 [ Associated Press ]

Another US aircraft carrier in Mideast waters ahead of second round of Iran-US nuclear talks

The operation of the USS Carl Vinson and its strike group in the Arabian Sea comes as suspected U.S. airstrikes pounded parts of Yemen controlled by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels overnight into Tuesday. American officials repeatedly have linked the monthlong U.S. campaign against the Houthis under President Donald Trump as a means to pressure Iran in the negotiations.

30.08.2021 - 15:38 [ Xinhuanet ]

CPEC opened door of opportunities for people of Gwadar: Pakistani senator

The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) opened the door of employment, education and development opportunities for the people of the country‘s southwest Gwadar district through the development of Gwadar Port and welfare work by the Chinese government and people, a Pakistani senator from Gwadar said.

19.11.2020 - 01:19 [ Business Standard ]

Malabar 2020 drill in pics: US supercarrier Nimitz joins INS Vikramaditya

The second phase of the Malabar exercise will be conducted in the Northern Arabian Sea till November 20.