British Muslims—including a family of 11 headed to Disneyland—are increasingly being barred from the U.S. without explanation, according to critics in the UK, who are calling on Prime Minister David Cameron to step in and address the problem.
Despite the family having been granted travel authorization online ahead of their planned December 15 flight to Los Angeles, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security refused to allow them to board the plane at London‘s Gatwick Airport. No one has told them why they were prevented from traveling.
Paul and McAdams, who serves as the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute, pointed out that it could have been a „tactical retreat“ on the part of the Obama administration, not a permanent shift.
„Perhaps, I‘m a little cynical but I don‘t believe that the US foreign policy would change on a dime. [Kerry] traveled [to Moscow] with Victoria Nuland and Celeste Wallander, who are two extremely anti-Russian personalities. The Ambassador [John] Tefft is still very strongly anti-Russian,“ McAdams detailed.
Der Diplomat selbst lehnt es indes ab, Informationen und Quellen für seine Vorwürfe zu nennen. Stattdessen publizierte er am 10. Dezember einen offenen Brief an den salvadorianischen Außenminister mit Kopie an den deutschen Außenminister Frank Walter Steinmeier. Darin erinnerte er Martínez daran, dass Deutschland für Entwicklungsprojekte in El Salvador Darlehen von rund 50 Millionen Euro gewährt.
Ein führender Vertreter der Linkspartei kommentierte diesen Brief gegenüber amerika21 sarkastisch: Der Botschafter habe offenbar nicht verstanden, „dass die Zeiten vorbei sind, in denen mit der Ausstellung eines Schecks auch gleich die Politik der Regierung formuliert wurde.“
Der erst vor zwei Wochen ins Amt gewählte argentinische Präsident Mauricio Macri nutzte das Treffen der Mercosu-Staatschef im paraguayischen Asunción zu einer Generalattacke auf Venezuela und forderte in diesem Zusammenhang die „umgehende Freilassung der politischen Gefangenen“. Doch die Erwiderung von Delcy Rodriguez, Außenministerin der Bolivarischen Republik Venezuela, hatte es in sich.
Aboard the International Space Station, Expedition 46 Commander Scott Kelly of NASA, Flight Engineer Tim Kopra of NASA and Flight Engineer Tim Peake of the European Space Agency have offered their thoughts on being in orbit away from home during the Christmas holidays and what Christmas means to them in a message downlinked on 17 December.
Japan will join NASA and the space agencies of Russia and Canada in extending operations of the International Space Station from 2020 to 2024, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency President Naoki Okumura said
The Japanese government has agreed to support the International Space Station (ISS) until 2024, extending the nation’s participation through the Kibo Japanese Experiment Module and future cargo missions with the Kounotori spacecraft. The U.S. and Japanese governments cemented the decision, which had been progressing throughout the year, through a new cooperation framework known as the Japan-U.S. Open Platform Partnership Program.
The International Space Station orbits the Earth 15 times a day, but you‘ll only spot it occasionally, including on Christmas Eve where it‘ll look just like Santa‘s sleigh. Here‘s how to track the ISS it and see it for yourself.
It was the maiden launch of a modified version of the Progress, which has been in service for more than four decades. The new version, called Progress-MS, is fully digital and features an improved docking system.
NASA‘s Dawn spacecraft, cruising in its lowest and final orbit at dwarf planet Ceres, has delivered the first images from its best-ever viewpoint. The new images showcase details of the cratered and fractured surface. 3-D versions of two of these views are also available.
NASA‘s Cassini spacecraft has begun transmitting data and images from the mission‘s final close flyby of Saturn‘s active moon Enceladus. Cassini passed Enceladus at a distance of 3,106 miles (4,999 kilometers) on Saturday, Dec. 19, at 9:49 a.m. PST (12:49 p.m. EST).
NASA has put its next Mars mission on hold indefinitely because of a leaky instrument. The space agency planned to launch a new Mars lander called InSight in March from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
(18.12.2015) Sofia had been watching the news with her grandmother, when she heard about Donald Trump‘s call to deport refugees and ban Muslims from entering America.
„She ran to me with a look of absolute fear on her face,“ Melissa told Upworthy.
Sofia, who is 8 years old, was convinced that Trump wanted to kick her and her family, who are Muslim — and American citizens — out of the country.
„It was the first time that it really drove home to me that we’re in a dangerous place right now,“ Melissa said.
(9.12.2015) She had began collecting all her favorite things in a bag in case the army came to remove us from our homes. She checked the locks on the door 3-4 times. This is terrorism. No child in America deserves to feel that way.
The reason for closure of the strait is the dense fog observed since the morning. There was no mention on when the movement of vessels will be resumed.
A diplomatic incident with unknown outcome has occurred between Greece and the Czech Republic after the provocative statements made against Greece by President Milos Zeman. As consequence to Zeman’s statements, the Greek Foreign Ministry ordered its its Ambassador to the Czech Republic to return back to Athens “for consultations” as it is nicely said in diplomatic language. The Czech President has recently expressed his disappointed “because Greece has not exit the Eurozone yet.”
Kurz vor dem EU-Gipfel, auf dem die Verlängerung der Sanktionen gegen Russland beraten wurde, hat das ZDF in der Doku »Machtmensch Putin« schwere Anschuldigungen erhoben. Bis zu 30.000 russische Soldaten seien in der Ukraine im Einsatz, behauptete ein »Kronzeuge«. Jetzt fliegt auf: Die Macher auf dem Lerchenberg haben kräftig manipuliert.
Einer der Protagonisten der ZDF-Dokumentation „Machtmensch Putin“, die der Mainzer Staatssender kürzlich ausstrahlte, erhebt nun schwere Vorwürfe gegen die Macher des Films. Der junge Russe Juri sagt, die Filmemacher haben ihn dafür bezahlt, vor der Kamera zu lügen.
Obwohl derzeit zwischen den beiden Kriegsparteien Friedensgespräche in Genf stattfinden, wird in den Medien vom Ausmaß der Kriegsverbrechen an der jemenitischen Bevölkerung kaum etwas erwähnt.