– Hezbollah says its top military commander, Haytham Ali Tabatabai, has been killed in addition to four other people in an Israeli air strike on Beirut.
– Lebanon’s Health Ministry says 28 people were wounded in the attack in the Dahiyeh area of southern Beirut on Sunday.
– The National News Agency reports two missiles struck an apartment building on al-Arid Street, causing major damage to nearby cars and buildings.
– The Israeli military said it “eliminated” Tabatabai, while Netanyahu’s office earlier confirmed he was the intended target.
– Israeli media have reported this was the military’s third attempt to kill him since last year’s war.
– Senior Hezbollah official Mahmoud Qmati said the strike crossed a “red line” and that the group’s leadership was weighing its response.
– Lebanon’s President Joseph Aoun urged the international community to intervene to stop Israeli attacks on his country.