02.01.2025 - 16:44 [ Reuters ]

New Orleans was replacing street barriers at time of truck attack

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell said the „bollards were not up because they are near completion“ with the plan of being in place before the Feb. 9 NFL Super Bowl, which will be played about a mile from Bourbon Street at the Superdome stadium. The city was able to fund the replacement bollards as part of its Super Bowl infrastructure plan.

Kirkpatrick said the police vehicle „was where all of those bollards had been…. In this particular case, the terrorist just went all the way around up onto the sidewalk.“