Archiv: Fishermen and Friends of the Sea (Trinidad and Tobago)


17.10.2025 - 13:07 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

FFOS warns fishermen after US strike kills two Trinis: Stay close to shore

Aboud said it was frightening that T&T’s leader would endorse such actions, calling her comments “outrageous, violent, ignorant, aggressive, undiplomatic and unbecoming of a senior counsel.”

“Our people pay the price. I do not recommend that any of our boys move further than a mile from shore. I strongly advise all seamen to travel at five to ten knots because, at any moment, you can be bombed out of the sea. Even if it’s an accident, they will say, ‘We’re sorry, we thought…’ This is not what a responsible Prime Minister should be bringing to our shores and our people,” Aboud said.

17.10.2025 - 12:55 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Fishermen terrified following latest US bombing at sea, says Aboud

“People are terrified at the risk of being killed at sea,” he observed. “Personally, I am very upset with our national position of bringing American warships and allowing them to by-pass the judicial process.”

“We have law and order. We are a civilised nation. Yet we have adopted and given blessing to warmongering murderers to come into our territory and kill people outside of the judicial process,” Aboud said.

17.10.2025 - 12:50 [ CaribbeanNationalWeekly.com ]

NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela

Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.

“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.