Archiv: Chad Joseph


02.11.2025 - 21:57 [ TrinidadExpress.com ]

Fisherman officially reported missing: Family believes he died in US strike

Police in the Maracas Bay district are now officially investigating the disappearance of 26-year-old Las Cuevas fisherman Chad Joseph, whose relatives and community members have publicly claimed he was among the men killed in a US military strike at sea two weeks ago.

Joseph, of Salvary Lane, St Michael’s Village, Las Cuevas, was reported missing on Saturday evening by a 37-year-old businesswoman. She told police that the last time she saw him was on the morning of April 25, when he told her he was going fishing. He never returned.

02.11.2025 - 21:56 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Family of man believed killed in US strike files missing person report

The family of 26-year-old fisherman Chad Joseph, who is believed to have been killed in a US airstrike, has filed a missing person report with the Maracas Bay Police.

Police said a relative reported that Joseph was last seen around 5 am on April 25, when he said he was going out to fish from his home at Salvary Lane, St Michaels Village, Las Cuevas. He was not seen again.

Officers said the relative later chose not to complete a formal statement until speaking with an attorney.

19.10.2025 - 12:00 [ CNC3.co.tt ]

Venezuelan minister: T&T citizens killed by the US speaks volumes

In the message posted on his X account, Castillo wrote the following: “They ask T&T citizens to stay close to the coast because at sea they can be bombed by their American allies. This is not a joke; it speaks volumes.”

Two T&T citizens were killed last Tuesday by the United States’ Government, following an attack on a vessel sailing in the Caribbean Sea.

The victims were fishermen and lived in Las Cuevas. One of them was identified as 26-year-old Chad Joseph, and the other victim was known as Rishi Samaroo.

17.10.2025 - 12:50 [ CaribbeanNationalWeekly.com ]

NGO official confirms two Trinidadians among six killed in US strike near Venezuela

Gary Aboud, secretary of the non-governmental organisation Fishermen and Friends of the Sea, confirmed Thursday that two Trinidad and Tobago nationals were among six people killed following a United States military airstrike on a small vessel in international waters near the coast of Venezuela earlier this week.

“We would like to offer our condolences to the families, friends, children, wives of the deceased. Very, very sorry that they were murdered like this. I am very very sorry,” Aboud said on a radio broadcast Thursday with regards to the killings of Richie Samaroo and Chad “Charpo” Joseph.

17.10.2025 - 12:27 [ New York Times ]

Trinidadian Family Says U.S. Military Killed Relative in Boat Attack

Chad Joseph, a 26-year-old from Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in Venezuela in recent months, told his family he would soon be taking a short boat ride back home.

He has yet to return, and now his family fears the worst.

On Thursday, his name spread across social media, with users saying that he was one of six people aboard a suspected drug vessel that had been blown up by the U.S. military this week.