01.10.2025 - 20:46 [ ABS-CBN.com ]

Magnitude 4.9 aftershock jolts Cebu a day after deadly quake

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said it is an aftershock of the September 30 quake, the strongest so far.

Wednesday’s earthquake was recorded with the following instrumental intensities:

Intensity II – Asturias, Talisay, Danao and City of Argao in Cebu; Talibon, Bohol and Villaba, Leyte.

Intensity I – City of Lapu-Lapu and San Francisco, Cebu.

Phivolcs said damage is expected.

As of Wednesday morning, Phivolcs has recorded 795 aftershocks including 4 “major” ones.