However, in a two paragraph briefing on Wednesday, Plasterk and defence minister Jeanine Hennis said the information had been gathered by the Netherlands itself.(..)
MPs have already called for an explanation of the mix-up. D66 parliamentarian Gerard Schouw said he wants to know why it is necessary to collect information about 1.8 million phone calls.
‘How many terrorists does the minister think are walking around the Netherlands?’ he commented to news agency ANP. ‘This is out of all proportion.’