Something needs to stand in the way of, on the one hand, global corporations, responsible through their ever-increasing hegemony of devaluing national democracy and deracinating communities, and, on the other, liberal internationalists, responsible for the growing sense of cultural and political detachment felt by millions in their own homeland.
The independent self-governing nation state isn’t dead. Not yet. In fact, it may be on its way back.
Below are the 15 countries that imported the highest dollar value worth of cars during 2017:
1. United States: US$179.6 billion (23.9% of total imported cars)
2. Germany: $58.5 billion (7.8%)
3. China: $49.9 billion (6.6%)
4. United Kingdom: $44.1 billion (5.9%)
5. Belgium: $36.4 billion (4.8%)
6. France: $34.7 billion (4.6%)
7. Italy: $31.2 billion (4.1%)
8. Canada: $28.7 billion (3.8%)
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of cars in 2017:
1. Germany: US$157.4 billion (21.3% of total car exports)
2. Japan: $93.4 billion (12.6%)
3. United States: $53.6 billion (7.2%)
4. Canada: $46.4 billion (6.3%)
5. United Kingdom: $41.9 billion (5.7%)
6. Mexico: $41.7 billion (5.6%)
7. South Korea: $38.8 billion (5.2%)
Britain has been far from a stranger to conflict and colonisation over the years. Astoundingly though, as our chart shows, there are only 22 countries which have never been invaded by the Brits. According to the book „All the Countries We’ve Ever Invaded: And the Few We Never Got Round To“, there are only 22 countries Britain never invaded throughout the course of history. There aren’t many gaps on the map, but some of the more notable include Sweden, Belarus and Vatican City.
The meeting will bring together a group of nations – including France, the U.S., Britain, Saudi Arabia and Jordan – which belong to the U.S.-led coalition against the Daesh terror group, dpa learned from diplomatic sources on Tuesday. It was not clear which officials would be sent by the participating nations.
More than 70 countries and around 20 international organizations are expected in Paris on Wednesday for the „No Money for Terror“ conference.